Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Apr 2012
    04/2012 - 07/2014

Obito's genjutsu control is comparable to Shisui's KA

Shisui's KA was known to be the most powerful Uchiha genjutsu user. With this jutsu, Shisui was able to enter the opponent's mind and manipulate him by giving them false experiences, making it seem as if he was doing things of his own free will, all that without him noticing. But what if i tell you that Obito's genjutsu was comparable?

Before stating that it was never said in the manga or something, remember that Obito was an unknown Uchiha that no one knew besides his fellow comrades, someone who everybody thought was dead, so obviously they couldn't know the extent of his eye power. An example which prove this is that his name wasn't mentioned when they were talking about the guys who controlled a tailed beast in the kage summit, when we know that he is among them

Now comes my arguments why i believe Obito's genjutsu is comparable to Shisui's KA. Firstly, Yagura is a perfect jinchuriki, which means a Jinchuriki who controlled his tailed beast. It's even said it here during the kage summit. Only other perfect jinchuriki stated or mentioned in this manga is Killer-Bee. The advantage a perfect Jinchuriki has is that the Bijuu can disturb his host's chakra in order to break the genjutsu from the moment it's recognised like we have seen in the fight between Itachi and Bee for example.

So normally, since Yagura was a perfect Jinchuriki, since Yagura was also able to control his tailed beast his Bijuu(Sanbi) could have snap him out of the genjutsu control from the moment it was recognised, but curiously Obito was able to control Yagura during years without no one noticing in the entire village of kiri. Doesn't it remind you to someone else genjutsu? Shisui's KA obviously. Only Shisui's KA is known to be able to control someone like this without him noticing. What is worse is that we even talk here about a perfect Jinchuriki, so not even his beast was able to snap him out of it. When Kisame figured that out, he was even wondering how could someone control the Sanbi's host that easily

Furthermore, remember Mizukage's statement? She believed that there was a connection between Obito's control over Yagura and KA:

Mizukage directly compared both eye techniques, which shows that Obito's eye technique is comparable to Shisui's KA

Also, Ao implied that his Byakugan that was able to see thru Obito's control over Yagura can't be fooled by KA. By that, Kishi creates again another comparison between both eye powers:

Last edited by T Bogard; 01-09-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: Obito's genjutsu control is comparable to Shisui's KA

could be,everything`s possible

Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

I wouldn't go that far, Obito wasn't even celebrated among the Uchiha.

Status
    May 2012
    Oxygen .

I dont think so,Shisui is praised for having great genjutsus and KA is his MS tecnique,,Ithink it is no way near Shisuis KA

Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

I have my doubts about Yagura being a perfect Jin though...not sure if it was stated in the manga.

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

i just watched Sasuke vs the Kages at the summit yesterday and thought the exact same thing when mei said that. I reckon it's quite possible Obito's genjutsu was on par with shisui's because how else are you meant to control a perfect jinchuriki with a genjutsu if it isn't with KA or something close, maybe an unnamed genjutsu...

Status
    Apr 2012
    04/2012 - 07/2014

Quote Originally Posted by zamki View Post
    I dont think so,Shisui is praised for having great genjutsus and KA is his MS tecnique,,Ithink it is no way near Shisuis KA
    Like i've said in the thread, no one knew Obito, so obviously no one could know the extent of his eye power. It's like when no one thought someone else than Madara, Bee, Yagura and Hashirama could control a Tailed Beast when we all know that Obito can as well

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

Most of your argument is speculation, look at Danzo using KA, he was just manipulating Mifune it didnt say anything about him being in another state like with Itachis genjutsu. The reason KA was such a great technique is that the people being manipulated didnt know they were being manipulated. We've seen Obito use his genjutsu vs Konan to get the information about the whereabouts of Negato, then she either ended her own life or she was killed so as far as we know Obito has a strong genjutsu but we dont know to what degree, and I'm kind of doubting that Yagura was actually a perfect jinjuriki, before Naruto took won over the nine tails he couldnt escape Itachi's low level genjutsu around the time Itachi gave him part of his power, and Sakura had to release him from the technique.

Status
    Apr 2012
    04/2012 - 07/2014

Quote Originally Posted by shadedcrow View Post
    Most of your argument is speculation, look at Danzo using KA, he was just manipulating Mifune it didnt say anything about him being in another state like with Itachis genjutsu. The reason KA was such a great technique is that the people being manipulated didnt know they were being manipulated. We've seen Obito use his genjutsu vs Konan to get the information about the whereabouts of Negato, then she either ended her own life or she was killed so as far as we know Obito has a strong genjutsu but we dont know to what degree, and I'm kind of doubting that Yagura was actually a perfect jinjuriki, before Naruto took won over the nine tails he couldnt escape Itachi's low level genjutsu around the time Itachi gave him part of his power, and Sakura had to release him from the technique.
    What in my argument is a speculation when Obito manipulated a perfect Jinchuriki without no one in an entire village noticing? It's exactly what KA does. Manipulating someone without no one noticing

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Or Danzo was in league with him all along. Until Obito decided to get rid of him.

Status
    Apr 2012
    04/2012 - 07/2014

Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    Or Danzo was in league with him all along. Until Obito decided to get rid of him.
    We clearly see Obito manipulating Yagura on this pic. So what does Danzo has to do with it?

Scavenger of humans sorrow phantomlord22's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Big words, small mind Behind
    the pain you will find A
    scavenger of human sorrow

this thread is really interesting

Status
    Apr 2012
    04/2012 - 07/2014

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlord22 View Post
    this thread is really interesting
    Thanks, it's interesting indeed :D

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

except Ao noticed and the disruption of chakra and saved the Mizkage chapter 459 pg 15... and it was said that the 4th Mizkage Maybe was in control of his tailed beast. So your arguing that maybe he was when maybe he wasn't. look at chapter 458 pg 3!

Status
    This user has no status.

I just fought about it...maybe it's not all about sharingan? I mean, normally MS user can controll any tailed beast exluding Juubi. Now, to controll Juubi you need Uchiha dna too. Why I think so? Compare Danzo with Senju dna and 'repaired' Obito. Obito power are on entirely different level, Danzo is the trash here. With ability to cast so many Izanagi Tobi would be unstopable, Danzo died >.< . Obito needeed less time to gain controll over this power. So my conclusion: to fully use hashirama dna you need to be an uchiha.
    And now, Obito used both, hashirama and uchiha powers to controll 4th mizukage. So, KA should be still considered as the most powerfull genjustu. Obito used something more, that we should not fought only as a genjustu. Sorry if my grammar sucks, im little drunk now ;p
    Edit: and, Madara and Obito used hashirama dna to controll Juubi, but in my opinion it's possible only because of they're uchiha.

Last edited by Gunther; 01-09-2013 at 11:48 AM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    04/2012 - 07/2014

except Ao noticed and the disruption of chakra and saved the Mizkage chapter 459 pg 15... and it was said that the 4th Mizkage Maybe was in control of his tailed beast. So your arguing that maybe he was when maybe he wasn't. look at chapter 458 pg 3!
    I don't know what the fact Ao was able to see that finally has to do with it. The fact remain that Obito's control fooled an entire village exactly like KA should do.

Only Ao was finally able to see thru the genjutsu but that happened only after a lot of years of control. Before that, an entire village was fooled(sensors included) during years.

Furthermore you forget that Ao said that Danzo can't fool him(talking about his use of KA) because it was with that eye that he was able to see even thru the genjutsu placed on Yagura. The fact he says that further shows a comparison between Obito's control and KA since he says that the eye that was able to see thru Obito's control can't be fool by Danzo's KA.

Also concerning Yagura's control of tailed beast, Danzo also says a maybe talking about killer-bee, does it mean he is not a perfect jinchuriki?

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

You said no one noticed that the Mizkage was being controled Ao did and released him from the the technique. It could have been years I dont recall how long Yagura was Kage but Ao still noticed.

I think you need to reread what Danzo says "In any event the only ones who can truly be said to control the tailed beasts are Madara Uchiha, 1st Hokage.. AND MAYBE 4th Mizkage, and Killerbe."

Status
    Apr 2012
    04/2012 - 07/2014

You said no one noticed that the Mizkage was being controled Ao did and released him from the the technique. It could have been years I dont recall how long Yagura was Kage but Ao still noticed.

I think you need to reread what Danzo says "In any event the only ones who can truly be said to control the tailed beasts are Madara Uchiha, 1st Hokage.. AND MAYBE 4th Mizkage, and Killerbe."
    Ok Ao saw thru Obito's control over Yagura, like he saw thru Danzo's KA. The point?

Status
    Jan 2011
    This user has no status.

Again you said no one noticed.. someone did even. So that part of your argument is false. and you keep saying the manga says Yagura is a perfect jinjuriki and it said he maybe. Theres a diffrence between something that is and something that maybe. So this part of your argument might be true and it might be false I think its false but thats my opinion. I dont particularly care much anymore its 5 am where I live and I'm getting tired.... think Ill conclude with....

Even a regular sharingan genjutsu kept naruto at bay until someone saved him, and he wasnt able to escape it alone and acted accoring to how itachi manipulated him . At this point I really doubt that Obitos genjutsu is on par with KA, and the fact that Yagura was trapped and wasnt released by his tailed beast leads me to believe he wasnt a perfect jinjuriki. The same thing happened to Naruto and he wasnt freed from Itachi's regular sharingan genjutsu (let alone a MS level technique), by his tailed beast and he hadnt gained control over his tailed beast .

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    We clearly see Obito manipulating Yagura on this pic. So what does Danzo has to do with it?
    The color of the chakra that controlled Yagura was the same as the color of Shisui's eye. Danzo and Itachi were the only people in possession of those eyes. It's quite probable to me that Danzo and Obito used each others services before, the Kyuubi attack as an exchange for Yahiko's murder. So it's possible that Danzo helped Obito out with this as well.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Bleach progress - Xcution arc

I would agree this, he definitely has apowerful genjutsu up his sleeve, if you can look at when he took the kyuubi, he controlled it from inside kushinas belly!

Status
    Apr 2012
    04/2012 - 07/2014

Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    The color of the chakra that controlled Yagura was the same as the color of Shisui's eye. Danzo and Itachi were the only people in possession of those eyes. It's quite probable to me that Danzo and Obito used each others services before, the Kyuubi attack as an exchange for Yahiko's murder. So it's possible that Danzo helped Obito out with this as well.
    But Danzo is not on my pic. We only see Obito there, and he is the one controlling Yagura. Proof of it is that he even controlled Yagura to talk to Kisame, then later came out himself

Status
    Nov 2012
    Do the ends always justify the
    means?

Just because Yagura was a perfect jinchuriki doesn't mean that the Sanbi would be willing to knock him out of genjutsu. Being a perfect jinchuriki only means that you have full control over the power of the bijuu, not the mind and will.

Gyuki pokes Bee out of his own will, not because Bee forced or instructed him to.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Wont be on much. On and off.

Great thread, I agree with the hint's kishi gave us when Obito's genjutsu was compared to KA.

(Insert douchey kanji) Space Cowboy's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

I personally think that Danzo played a part in that for exchange for Obito's help in the Uchiha massacre. Also weakened the mist, so it would benefit Konoha as well
    @Bogard KA also probably has the ability to last well beyond the jutsu first being cast. The KA caster may only need to use it once to permanently alter the other person's mind, unless they realize it like Mifune of course. I say this because Shisui was planning on using it to end the Uchiha's plans of a coup, and it wouldnt have done much if the jutsu was only going to last for a limited period

Last edited by Space Cowboy; 04-06-2013 at 04:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»