Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... Last»

Hybrid View

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phew.. Zzz

Tobi was never meant to Obito

Yeah i know this thread should be outdated but by re-reading some mangapages, i found this one and i still find it hard to believe it's Obito who was talking here

Like really? :sy: Kishi changed Tobi's identity at the last minute. I'm sure of it

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not a human with a soul
    but a soul that is trapped
    within a human body

Re: Tobi was never meant to Obito

yea nowadays it seems as though kishi is just pulling random shit out of his ass as he goes along, the way Obito survived wasn't even properly explained...

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by oShux View Post
    yea nowadays it seems as though kishi is just pulling random shit out of his ass as he goes along, the way Obito survived wasn't even properly explained...
    It seems kind of random how Obito fell right into Madara's cave thingy. And how he survived having half of his head crushed.

Academy Student
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

they said he found him as if he had jus slipped through the rocks. it was his ability. do you need every little thing explain you cant put two and two together. and people *****ed about all the flash backs. thats why they were theyre because of stupid people who cant keep up and need to be reminded about stuff every ten sec. he fazes through time and space to another dimention. they activated like any other uchiha does with theyre eyes when theyre in danger. duh. who else could it be? no one. he set up tobi from the start. why would he do kakashi gaiden if not to show you obito and it was at the end of the first part of naruto. not in the middle like they did with the anime. zetsu shows up after naruto and sasuke fought as kids right when kakashi carried naruto away. he wouldnt make a masked guy right after that in the time skip naruto with out know who it is and it was gonna be him. all other character are accounted for except izun so it had to be him unless you want kisimoto so randomly make a new character. people have been claiming that to be obito since i was in high school. im 23 now. its been 5 years people have claimed him to be obito. 4 girlfriends ago. why dont you just tell us who you think it was going to be then??? what character it possibly could of been or what characte you thought he would just make up off the spot since all are accounted for in naruto excpept obito.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ticked off!

Quote Originally Posted by oShux View Post
    It's too many gaps and plot holes in the story surrounding Obito. I stopped reading most of the older manga's because I have gotten tired of scratching my head wondering what the f**k?

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has derp status

I think you're right, might have been a last minute change

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Putting out fire with gasoline

yeah some things don't match...even his reason for doing all this isn't good enough..

The Snape of Naruto Snape Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2012
    The kingdom Itachi rules after he pretended to die
    Post Thanks / Like
    50 points from Huffelpuff

Tobi was Obito all along.
    1)Tobi and Kakashi shared the same mongekyo sharingan in that same time in the manga you're showing.
    2) When Tobi was facing Team Kakashi and team Kurenai, He specifically revealed his sharingan to kakashi and addressed him directly.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Satire and Irony.

Quote Originally Posted by lorditachi View Post
    1)Tobi and Kakashi shared the same mongekyo sharingan in that same time in the manga you're showing.
    2) When Tobi was facing Team Kakashi and team Kurenai, He specifically revealed his sharingan to kakashi and addressed him directly.
    this but kishi is still pulling craps out of his ass.
    hes not even trying anymore or he just lacks the ability to tell a good story properly.

i swear some of the fan-fics are even written much better.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by lorditachi View Post

1) When you have multiple characters stealing DNA and dojutsu, something as simple as Kakashi and Tobi sharing a similar ocular technique doesn't hold any significance, even more so when you see Tobi has a mass collection of Sharingan.

2)First, he doesn't even single out Kakashi but addresses all of them as a group. Also up until the his reveal Tobi showed no signs of ever having any relationship or past acquaintanceship with Kakashi. Secondly, yes, there's no disputing that Tobi revealed his sharingan twice infront of Kakashi before his reveal and even used Kamui directly infront of him on both occasions. Take note though that only a base sharingan is activated before a S/T jutsu (Kamui) is used by Tobi. It wasn't until after Tobi's reveal that his S/T jutsu was fully confirmed to be the same jutsu that Kakashi uses, Kamui, which is a MANGEKYO sharingan technique, but if the entire reveal and setup had actually been planned then as many may say, then we should already know that Tobi's using a MS technique yet only a base sharingan is activated. Kishi clearly hadn't fully been thinking this through, especially when you look at these three panels.

http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/8/43-...?v=11206717386

http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/8/43-...?v=11207318506

http://z.mhcdn.net/store/manga/8/43-...?v=11207318506

Yes, in one of the panels WE as the reader can't actually see Tobi's eye anymore while Kamui's being activated but Kakashi, who had still had his own sharingan activated, can, yet he doesn't take notice to that. He simply refers to Tobi's eye as being a sharingan, proof that originally Tobi and Kakashi didn't share the same MS, they simply shared a similar S/T jutsu, one which was used through an MS and one that wasn't. If Tobi=Obito had been fully planned from the start which many people claim, then Kakashi should've clearly seen Tobi actually activating a MS before using Kamui and began to put two and two together. There's just no way Tobi=Obito was planned from the start. :shrug:
    Hell, even the name Tobi is nothing more than a failed anagram for Obito; a proper anagram contain all the letters from the original a name/word.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has derp status

You see Kishi meant the series to end with the Pain arc, that is why Obito was with Minato and Rin when Kakashi saw them in the afterlife, but Kishi decided to continue the story.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Phew.. Zzz

Quote Originally Posted by Derp Obito View Post
    You see Kishi meant the series to end with the Pain arc, that is why Obito was with Minato and Rin when Kakashi saw them in the afterlife, but Kishi decided to continue the story.
    Now that i think about it, it's true that it was weird that we saw Obito in Kakashi's mind when he was about to die

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sasuke is my Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    Now that i think about it, it's true that it was weird that we saw Obito in Kakashi's mind when he was about to die
    No, it's not. Kakashi was seeing people he believed to be dead. I don't think he was actually meeting them in the afterlife... Because the souls that were edo tensei'd didn't remember dying.

The Snape of Naruto Snape Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2012
    The kingdom Itachi rules after he pretended to die
    Post Thanks / Like
    50 points from Huffelpuff

If he meant to end the series with the pain arc
    1) Why did Nagato foreshadow the war?
    2) Sasuke was in the middle of his quest to destroy Konoha. What would have happened with that?
    3) Why would it end with Naruto getting the mission to end hatred but without doing anything?

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a limit to the people
    I can care about.

I´m pretty sure he never intended to end it with the Pain Invasion. Before the Pain Invasion we see Tobi at that time wearing a cloak while talking to both Pain and Konan, which would be a rather idiotic way to end the Tobi character. Sasuke was also on his way to Konoha during the invasion, which is just pointing straight out that the Pain arc was never intended to be the last one.

On topic, I really never liked the idea of Obito being Tobi, and I think Kishi was not certain who the masked man was going to be in the end. I honestly think he lacks the skills of a writer.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I thought those were just his projections of them.....Like how he was looking at himself in the reflection of the water.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Minato Rin and obito in kakashis afterlife were mere memories, as we all know the only part of minato that was not seal away along with half the kiubi was stored in naruto/which wasnt much at that. So there you have it folks ...kakashi seeing obito after he died had absolutly nothing to do with obito being tobi

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I dunno why anyone would read that panel as Kakashi literally seeing those people in the afterlife... the only one Kakashi actually met in the afterlife was his father. Everyone else he pictured was just him reflecting on all the people he'd lost in his life, and he believed Obito to be dead. That's all it meant.

Not saying Obito hasn't changed his character quite a bit or that the backstory to make the Tobi=Obito possible wasn't really half-assed and thrown together. It's cheap storytelling, just like the overuse of Hashirama Cells to accomplish everything (Kishi seriously needs to hype up more Senju members than just Hashirama; it's like he's the only one who was ever powerful).

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you lower your guard, Even
    for a second, i will hug you.
    To death, of course. I
    wouldn't do a half assed job.

No, kakashi was halucinating.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

he wouldnt of ended the series before naruto had full control of the nine tails or killed it, and there was like 5 villains left after nagato. there was obito, zetzu, kabuto, the akatzuki shark villain ( i cant believe i forgot his name :confused: ), sasuke and you could count danzo and nine tails a villain if u want, but thats all the villains that i could of think of after nagato died

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

WRONG! He was always Obito, we were too naive or too over confident in him not being Obito. And for the most part he was Madara, he played that role perfectly, he needed Madara's name to do the things he did.

I hated it at first too, but then I saw the genius of it all through the flash backs and couldn't help but wonder how I never expected this.

Tobi and Kakashi had very similar Mangekyou powers too. That part was a dead give away.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by The God of Wind View Post
    WRONG! He was always Obito, we were too naive or too over confident in him not being Obito. And for the most part he was Madara, he played that role perfectly, he needed Madara's name to do the things he did.

I hated it at first too, but then I saw the genius of it all through the flash backs and couldn't help but wonder how I never expected this.

Tobi and Kakashi had very similar Mangekyou powers too. That part was a dead give away.
    This^

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sup

Agree'd

Academy Student
    Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Totally agree...Tobi was meant to be Obito all along

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

agree with him.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... Last»