Sleepy

Re: Tobi was never meant to Obito

Obito haters

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    The smartest person

Yes at last moments Kishi changed his mind..........

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i wont say last minute decision more just a bad one.obito has such a small impact in the narutoverse that its senseless.only kakashi should be deeply disturb by this.then he tells naruto ok see this is my former team mate of mine...uhh ok.then my biggest problem ''madara choosing not finding obito''how the hell can he explain that?was he stalking konoha watching obito knowing that eventually he'll have an accident whereby he'll save him?i mean don't tell me he randomly looked under rocks for obito.also the spiral zetso said ''know i see why he chose obito'' when he easily bounded with hashi's dna. Total BS

Academy Student
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Obito was always Tobi. Face the facts and get over it.

Last edited by MrSpoiler15; 01-10-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It was always mean't to be it's why he always show's his right eye. Also its the reason they had a flash back episode of when obito died, and do I even have to mention Tobi and Obito are the same name scrambled up and minus an O? I found this out right when "Madara" came out of hiding.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I dont think Obito was the only candidate to be tobi. Its a bit confusing really. Obito never got mentioned except during the kakashi chronicles. After that still no mention. Tobi could have been a completely random person and it would have still worked. using Madara's name would have helped his purpose of perhaps avenging the uchihas (he survived the massacre somehow). I believe the hype surrounding Tobi's identity was so big and all the speculation behind who he was made kishi pick obito. A lot of people thought it was obito and kishi maybe saw the chance of using him. Lets be honest, there is a lot to swallow with Obito: his surviving half his body being crushed, his sharingan kicking in at such a high level, how quickly he advanced without even madara's training (zetsu withstanding), the reason for his anger(rin?...how about finding out y he killed her knowing HE made Kakashi value comrades). But hey, its an anime and even kishi is not perfect, it cant be easy to write a 600+ manga. The manga is so good and people are letting it get a mind of its own and want their own visions for the manga. Lets just see where he goes.

Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Saiya-Jin Prince View Post
    Watch your mouth boy, before I get my belt. I hate that kids can be on this forum, especially ones with no self control. Stop your trolling
    Because I said the word retarded how old are you 12. Sorry for using bad language little boy.

Quote Originally Posted by RasenUchihaChaos View Post
    hah kids and adults can both be "childish" "immature" "dumb" at least kids as

i have observed are honest about who they are while adults act like they are know it alls always right never wrong superior and go

around saying i hate "brat" funny they used to be 1 and some still r they say maturity comes with age that is a lie maturity comes

depending on the idividual i hav seen some kids more wise and mature than most adults i have observed by the way im an observer hahahahah

Well I happen to one of the wise adults, but yes I guess kids can be wise at times especially when it is something they care about.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Actually Kishi did plan to make Obito, Tobi. The first scene in this video says alot because this is the first time Tobi was introduced not only that but he acts similar to Obito by being clumsy.

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Still waiting for the information on why obito's Voice dropped 3 Octaves in a few years. look at every other character. Naruto age 10-17 does not sound that different at all.

or an explanation on my why he went from being in charge with a deep voice fighting the 4th to a high pitched idiot named Tobi.
    What reason was there for him to be Tobi?

Every strong member of the organization knew exactly who was in charge. There was no real point to it at all. He could have just acted like he always have since he never really confronted anyone of importance like that.

Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by DeathandHealing View Post
    Still waiting for the information on why obito's Voice dropped 3 Octaves in a few years. look at every other character. Naruto age 10-17 does not sound that different at all.

or an explanation on my why he went from being in charge with a deep voice fighting the 4th to a high pitched idiot named Tobi.

Every strong member of the organization knew exactly who was in charge. There was no real point to it at all. He could have just acted like he always have since he never really confronted anyone of importance like that.
    Well I guess you are forgetting how kakashi sounded when he was 14, how guy sounded when he was 14, how itachi sounded when he was 13.

So fail. They all had their adult voices as they matured early, remember this is an anime not real life.

So what is wrong with obito having his adult voice at 14... im waiting. Done waiting.

Protecting the world ShockwavvE's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

senju dna.. do not froget..

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Favorite Character:
    Sasori,Sai,Masaomi Kida,Yuuki
    Tenpouin,(Shin [Amnesia])

Tobi = Obito

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Derp Obito View Post
    You see Kishi meant the series to end with the Pain arc, that is why Obito was with Minato and Rin when Kakashi saw them in the afterlife, but Kishi decided to continue the story.
    I dunno why anyone would read that panel as Kakashi literally seeing those people in the afterlife... the only one Kakashi actually met in the afterlife was his father. Everyone else he pictured was just him reflecting on all the people he'd lost in his life, and he believed Obito to be dead. That's all it meant.

Not saying Obito hasn't changed his character quite a bit or that the backstory to make the Tobi=Obito possible wasn't really half-assed and thrown together. It's cheap storytelling, just like the overuse of Hashirama Cells to accomplish everything (Kishi seriously needs to hype up more Senju members than just Hashirama; it's like he's the only one who was ever powerful).

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSssmokinn

Obi-to = To-obi

simple letter rearrangement

Kinda like 'I am Lord Voldemort' and 'Tom Marvolo Riddle'.

Simple letter rearrangement. though there is an extra 'O', I think the mistake would be corrected when written in Kanji.

so, It was pre-planned.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathandHealing View Post

For the octave part, Anime people dont know the story of whats going to happen next... and manga doesnt speak, so, that argument doesnt work. If kishi had told the anime makers to put the voice of a 16 year old for Tobi when he attacked konoha, it would have to match that of obito in kakashi chronicles, so would have killed all the suspense, by leaking the identity of tobi. simple logic, really.

Last edited by Dr Dark Knight; 01-10-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

it was Obito

Status
    Dec 2012
    The deepest Darkest Corners of Your mind trying To corrupt your soul and will to fight
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i think so

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Agreed

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fanboy Killer.

No

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambitz1 View Post
    I dont think Obito was the only candidate to be tobi. Its a bit confusing really. Obito never got mentioned except during the kakashi chronicles. After that still no mention. Tobi could have been a completely random person and it would have still worked. using Madara's name would have helped his purpose of perhaps avenging the uchihas (he survived the massacre somehow). I believe the hype surrounding Tobi's identity was so big and all the speculation behind who he was made kishi pick obito. A lot of people thought it was obito and kishi maybe saw the chance of using him. Lets be honest, there is a lot to swallow with Obito: his surviving half his body being crushed, his sharingan kicking in at such a high level, how quickly he advanced without even madara's training (zetsu withstanding), the reason for his anger(rin?...how about finding out y he killed her knowing HE made Kakashi value comrades). But hey, its an anime and even kishi is not perfect, it cant be easy to write a 600+ manga. The manga is so good and people are letting it get a mind of its own and want their own visions for the manga. Lets just see where he goes.
    Agreed. Kishi's a very clever guy, his character development and use of misdirection is precisely what drew me into the series from the get go.

Another example of a plausible Tobi identity in the past was Donzo. (For the record I don't believe it necessarily should have been him I'm just going along with the thread and offering conversation)

- He had a bandage over his right eye, (so you had no idea what was under there).
    - He was implanted with Senju DNA so he was able to use the Sharingan better then the original owner.
    - It turned out his right arm was augmented.
    - His hair/height was similar.
    - He was knowledgable of the Leaf Village's defensive perimiter. (9 tails attack)
    - He would have known about the seals vulnerability during the birthing process.
    - He would have been aware of Kushina's whereabouts (Because Anbu were stationed outside)
    - He was willing to do what HE thought was best for the village, and as demonstrated in the past was willing to take questionable moral stances to achieve it. (Become Hokage, call into question the loyalty of the Uchiha/eliminate a potential future power struggle)
    - He remained in the underbelly of Konoha, so no one really knew what he was up to.
    - Yes he's old, but lets face it, he was pretty spry when he went up against Tobi and Sasuke.

- When Tobi confronted Minato, his composure and overall demeanor was "Calm", "Collected", "Calculating", like Donzo. (I continue to struggle to believe that a 16-17 year old would act like that during all that chaos, especially after that very same character exhibited such polar opposite behavioral traits prior to the attack)

Once again, for the record I don't believe it necessarily should have been him, I'm just going along with the thread and offering conversation.

Last edited by b7718; 01-11-2013 at 06:27 AM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yes I do believe that Obito will reveal how Donzo aided him in the attack, and what they both agreed upon for each others cooperation.

Oh, and hello again to all.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Very nice theory, Danzo sooo could have been Tobi.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm pretty sure Kishimoto wasn't sure who he wanted Tobi to be, but Obito was always an option.

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

Quote Originally Posted by b7718 View Post
    Yes I do believe that Obito will reveal how Donzo aided him in the attack, and what they both agreed upon for each others cooperation.

Oh, and hello again to all.
    So now your saying that Obito and Danzo where working together?? WTH

Do you even read the manga??

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by TurrinB View Post
    I'm pretty sure Kishimoto wasn't sure who he wanted Tobi to be, but Obito was always an option.
    ^^this