Page 14 of 14 « First ... 41011121314
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

Re: Tobi was never meant to Obito

Now that I think of it, he did plan.
    What Kishi did, was just narrative feint.... He had this planned aaaall along!

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

someone explain what element of surprise would it bring if someone else were to be tobi instead of obit? i mean i dont think all the other candidates has a stronger impact than obito brings.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Derp Obito View Post
    You see Kishi meant the series to end with the Pain arc, that is why Obito was with Minato and Rin when Kakashi saw them in the afterlife, but Kishi decided to continue the story.
    he wouldnt of ended the series before naruto had full control of the nine tails or killed it, and there was like 5 villains left after nagato. there was obito, zetzu, kabuto, the akatzuki shark villain ( i cant believe i forgot his name :confused: ), sasuke and you could count danzo and nine tails a villain if u want, but thats all the villains that i could of think of after nagato died

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I don't really get what's so hard to believe about tobi always being madara. It all makes sense to me. In the first place something as important to kakashi as obito and rin I doubr kishi would do all of that just for the kakashi chronicles alone and that's the end of their story. Plus kishi always had everything planned so far ahead from the get go everything was already written before he even started the manga. Also it showed obito lost one sharingan and I doubt that it would be just a coincidence that tobi had only 1 sharingan and 1 eye hole in his mask. Also same hair and he said that zetsu was his clone and zetsu looks just like an older obito. Also before the flash back fight with obito and minato kakashi tried to use kamui on obito when they were fighting sasuke and for some reason it didn't work on him. Then u say that after reading that manga page from when he was talking to minato that its hard to believe that he was always obito but I mean u really don't think that he would talk and act like that after hangin out with madara after all these years?? Tobitobitobitobito. Say tobi over and over it says obito over and over lol

Wielder of the Note Noob Davies's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    idk

Tobi was originally going to be Tenten. It's obvious.

Academy Student
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Tobi was always meant to be Obito. Half his body was covered with some kind of armor, he had one eye-hole in the mask (right eye), he acted strange around Kakashi (Pretty much avoiding him it seemed like), then revealed a sharingan. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is why hide his other eye that was just a stolen sharingan? Why didn't he just have 2 eye-holes?

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I agree with the OP. Kishi picked Obito because he wanted to make a big splash in ep 600. He didn't care if it made sense or was consistent with the rest of the manga.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

dont think so..............

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    You focus on the trivial and
    lose sight of whats important
    change is impossible in this
    fog of ignorance how can we
    evolve if regulation is all
    we've known

Most of you are idiots, saying kishimoto cant write yet youre up here everyday hating his work, Such Insolence

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I just want to throw one last wrench into this Tobi/Obito dilemma. If it was all planned out in advance:

1. Why didn't Obito use wood release against Minato?

2. If he was planning on killing Minato, what difference would it had made if he told him who he really was? - If anything it would have put Minato off balance, and he could have taken advantage of it.

Last edited by b7718; 01-15-2013 at 07:44 AM.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by lorditachi View Post
    Seriously, I'm tired of saying this. Since Tobi attacked Konoha we saw his mongekyo sharingan which was the same as kakashi's which we saw before. This is absolute proof that Tobi was always meant to be Obito.
    If you're talking about far later down the road when we clearly saw they had the same mangekyo then fine. But if its earlier when he was fighting the konoha team you are wrong - it was a normal sharingan meaning at that point in time it could have been ANY uchiha. The moment when obito said to kakashi that, that jutsu wouldn't work on him I got suspicious and thought that obito was a possibility or more likely that it was his eye. The reason many find its crap is cuz it didn't seem to work out well as obito. Most of kishi's stuff is not ridiculously obvious as that was, which is why many didn't want to believe this was the case. Plus to top it off - the whole madara being a shell of himself made sense with respect to him swapping body parts here and there and hence it was atleast believable that the eye could have been obito's rather than him completely being obito. It's obvious he really intended someone else at first but due to the overkill of tobi - obito people he gravitated that way. Just like I have a funny feeling naruto will end up with hinata - why? cuz guess what an overkill of naruhina fans there too. Maybe I'm wrong but that's jus how it seemed to me. Oh it also took away from the finality of obito's death and its meaning...he literally passed on something to kakashi who passed the message on to naruto - now that message jus seems to have little meaning, like a load of crock...anywho jus my opinion.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Not a kid but a teenager and if we consider what Naruto has done being only 16 years old mmmm it makes sense because naruto is a teen and he defeated Kakuzu, Pain and several powerful edo ninjas in the war and once more he is also a "Teenager".....Why wouldnt Obito who is an uchiha plus has half of a Senju body match Minato.....Furthermore, they fought but Obito lost at the end so whats the deal

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Must.. Be..... SARAISTHEBEST!
    #AkhiTsuki

nooooooooooooooooooo

DEFINITELY NOT!!!!! Kishi isn't stupid, he fkn thought about every fkn thing!! he knew from the start that obito would be tobi (since in the manga obito came before tob)

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Uchiha Obito No Chikara ∞]

Tobi was meant to be Obito ! That was always the case, since the beginning ... get over with it guys (;

Mugiwara crew
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

He was always Obito because of the chapter where Obito dies there's a hint that he didn't die

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Everyone knows that the
    world will end, but can
    everyone stop it?"

Obito was supposed to act intelligent and out of character because he was putting on a Madara identity. How come people keep saying this?.. Tobi was Obito all along.. I guess their is still Obito deniers out there.. -_-

Heading towards my moment Seighlinde's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Fap fa top comment

Academy Student Sage of Loranthis's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Tobi is meant to be Obito from the start, Kishi will never mention obito's character many times if obito will just be in the memories of his comrades and don't have a relevant connection to the story.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Either die early as a Hero or
    live long to see yourself
    become a Villain

I dont totally disagree with u. Bt to me it seems Kishi wanted to fool us. I m sure he planned everythng frm the beginning.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hungry...for pancakes

Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    Yeah i know this thread should be outdated but by re-reading some mangapages, i found this one and i still find it hard to believe it's Obito who was talking here

Like really? :sy: Kishi changed Tobi's identity at the last minute. I'm sure of it
    Idk, I too didn't want to believe that Tobi was Obito at first either, but looking back at some of the highlights, alluding hints were given. Starting with the Kakashi gaiden, which set the stage for everything, particularly the current war-arc. Then there was the Tobi and Konan fight, it showed a overly wrinkled face yet the guy didn't seem old; and again when Tobi almost revealed his face to Sasuke but the black flames jutsu auto-activated from Itachi's set condition. Lets also not forget that during the Minato vs masked-man fight, after he was rasengan by minato, the masked-man's right arm started to melt. We later learn that Obito was wearing a body suit from Obito's flashbacks, accounting for the height/age difference (which was the bases of my disbelief on the tobi-obito theory; the time-age lapse), and his 'full' self. Also, someone else brought it up, when Tobi first encountered the Konoha X, how Tobi kept subtly directing some comments to Kakashi. Then there's the connection with Kakashi's sharingan and the other sharingan with the masked-man/tobi.

As far as what Tobi said/done up to his revelation it can be assumed that he was playing a role--a ninja actor--sort to speak. In other words, whatever Tobi said/done in the past can be seen as a cover to keep his identity a secret. After all, he did convince countless people that he was Madara, then Tobi.

What's left then is the discrepancy at Kakashi's death (and later resurrection) during the pain-arc, and how he 'saw' rin-minato-obito in the after life. I recently re-saw Naruto Shippuden episode 159: Kakashi vs Pain. I'm convince now that he never actually saw them but rather used their memories as a way of accepting/entering the after-life realm. Similar in principle to the 'light as the end of the tunnel' phenomenon some people have during near death experiences in RL (real life). So once Kakashi passed through that "bridge" of life and death the only person he actually saw and communicated in the after-life was his father.

When I first read the manga and later saw the anime, I too believed that Kakashi saw rin-minato-obito in the afterlife. Never once accounting the possibility of Kakashi going through in-between life and death stage, or that the anime and manga would actually SHOW that he was going through it. It was an oversight on my part. Anyways, just saying my 2 cents. No hard feelings.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

yea i was thinking along the same line