Page 14 of 18 « First ... 4101112131415161718 Last»
    Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Re: Tobi was never meant to Obito

Quote Originally Posted by DeathandHealing View Post
    Still waiting for the information on why obito's Voice dropped 3 Octaves in a few years. look at every other character. Naruto age 10-17 does not sound that different at all.

or an explanation on my why he went from being in charge with a deep voice fighting the 4th to a high pitched idiot named Tobi.
    What reason was there for him to be Tobi?

Every strong member of the organization knew exactly who was in charge. There was no real point to it at all. He could have just acted like he always have since he never really confronted anyone of importance like that.
    Well I guess you are forgetting how kakashi sounded when he was 14, how guy sounded when he was 14, how itachi sounded when he was 13.

So fail. They all had their adult voices as they matured early, remember this is an anime not real life.

So what is wrong with obito having his adult voice at 14... im waiting. Done waiting.

Protecting the world ShockwavvE's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

senju dna.. do not froget..

Status
    Jan 2013
    My Favorite Character:
    Sasori,Sai,Masaomi Kida,Yuuki
    Tenpouin,(Shin [Amnesia])

Tobi = Obito

Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Derp Obito View Post
    You see Kishi meant the series to end with the Pain arc, that is why Obito was with Minato and Rin when Kakashi saw them in the afterlife, but Kishi decided to continue the story.
    I dunno why anyone would read that panel as Kakashi literally seeing those people in the afterlife... the only one Kakashi actually met in the afterlife was his father. Everyone else he pictured was just him reflecting on all the people he'd lost in his life, and he believed Obito to be dead. That's all it meant.

Not saying Obito hasn't changed his character quite a bit or that the backstory to make the Tobi=Obito possible wasn't really half-assed and thrown together. It's cheap storytelling, just like the overuse of Hashirama Cells to accomplish everything (Kishi seriously needs to hype up more Senju members than just Hashirama; it's like he's the only one who was ever powerful).

Status
    May 2012
    SSssmokinn

Obi-to = To-obi

simple letter rearrangement

Kinda like 'I am Lord Voldemort' and 'Tom Marvolo Riddle'.

Simple letter rearrangement. though there is an extra 'O', I think the mistake would be corrected when written in Kanji.

so, It was pre-planned.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathandHealing View Post
    Still waiting for the information on why obito's Voice dropped 3 Octaves in a few years. look at every other character. Naruto age 10-17 does not sound that different at all.

or an explanation on my why he went from being in charge with a deep voice fighting the 4th to a high pitched idiot named Tobi.
    What reason was there for him to be Tobi?

Every strong member of the organization knew exactly who was in charge. There was no real point to it at all. He could have just acted like he always have since he never really confronted anyone of importance like that.
    For the octave part, Anime people dont know the story of whats going to happen next... and manga doesnt speak, so, that argument doesnt work. If kishi had told the anime makers to put the voice of a 16 year old for Tobi when he attacked konoha, it would have to match that of obito in kakashi chronicles, so would have killed all the suspense, by leaking the identity of tobi. simple logic, really.

Last edited by Dr Dark Knight; 01-10-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

it was Obito

Status
    Dec 2012
    The deepest Darkest Corners of Your mind trying To corrupt your soul and will to fight
    This user has no status.

i think so

Status
    Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

Agreed

Status
    Jul 2012
    Fanboy Killer.

No

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambitz1 View Post
    I dont think Obito was the only candidate to be tobi. Its a bit confusing really. Obito never got mentioned except during the kakashi chronicles. After that still no mention. Tobi could have been a completely random person and it would have still worked. using Madara's name would have helped his purpose of perhaps avenging the uchihas (he survived the massacre somehow). I believe the hype surrounding Tobi's identity was so big and all the speculation behind who he was made kishi pick obito. A lot of people thought it was obito and kishi maybe saw the chance of using him. Lets be honest, there is a lot to swallow with Obito: his surviving half his body being crushed, his sharingan kicking in at such a high level, how quickly he advanced without even madara's training (zetsu withstanding), the reason for his anger(rin?...how about finding out y he killed her knowing HE made Kakashi value comrades). But hey, its an anime and even kishi is not perfect, it cant be easy to write a 600+ manga. The manga is so good and people are letting it get a mind of its own and want their own visions for the manga. Lets just see where he goes.
    Agreed. Kishi's a very clever guy, his character development and use of misdirection is precisely what drew me into the series from the get go.

Another example of a plausible Tobi identity in the past was Donzo. (For the record I don't believe it necessarily should have been him I'm just going along with the thread and offering conversation)

- He had a bandage over his right eye, (so you had no idea what was under there).
    - He was implanted with Senju DNA so he was able to use the Sharingan better then the original owner.
    - It turned out his right arm was augmented.
    - His hair/height was similar.
    - He was knowledgable of the Leaf Village's defensive perimiter. (9 tails attack)
    - He would have known about the seals vulnerability during the birthing process.
    - He would have been aware of Kushina's whereabouts (Because Anbu were stationed outside)
    - He was willing to do what HE thought was best for the village, and as demonstrated in the past was willing to take questionable moral stances to achieve it. (Become Hokage, call into question the loyalty of the Uchiha/eliminate a potential future power struggle)
    - He remained in the underbelly of Konoha, so no one really knew what he was up to.
    - Yes he's old, but lets face it, he was pretty spry when he went up against Tobi and Sasuke.

- When Tobi confronted Minato, his composure and overall demeanor was "Calm", "Collected", "Calculating", like Donzo. (I continue to struggle to believe that a 16-17 year old would act like that during all that chaos, especially after that very same character exhibited such polar opposite behavioral traits prior to the attack)

Once again, for the record I don't believe it necessarily should have been him, I'm just going along with the thread and offering conversation.

Last edited by b7718; 01-11-2013 at 07:27 AM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

Yes I do believe that Obito will reveal how Donzo aided him in the attack, and what they both agreed upon for each others cooperation.

Oh, and hello again to all.

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Very nice theory, Danzo sooo could have been Tobi.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

I'm pretty sure Kishimoto wasn't sure who he wanted Tobi to be, but Obito was always an option.

Status
    Mar 2009
    SSJ God

Quote Originally Posted by b7718 View Post
    Yes I do believe that Obito will reveal how Donzo aided him in the attack, and what they both agreed upon for each others cooperation.

Oh, and hello again to all.
    So now your saying that Obito and Danzo where working together?? WTH

Do you even read the manga??

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by TurrinB View Post
    I'm pretty sure Kishimoto wasn't sure who he wanted Tobi to be, but Obito was always an option.
    ^^this

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ3Gotenks View Post

I actually meant to write (For the record I "don't" believe it necessarily should have been him I'm just going along with the thread and offering conversation)

I just felt like illustrating another character it very well could have been.

But yes, I do believe he was involved.

Last edited by b7718; 01-11-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ3Gotenks View Post

Yes, I believe it's within the realm of possibilities. Here's a few reasons why:

- Donzo's arm (Senju DNA /w multiple Sharingans) is proof enough for me that he allowed someone to operate on him and inhance his abilities.

- It's true that Danzo himself could have collected his own Sharringans to use in the operation, however we know for a fact that Tobi has an entire room stacked from floor to ceiling with them.

- In order to incorporate the Sharringans into his body and effectively use them, you first need Senju DNA, who has access to that - Tobi.

- Now Orochimru did belong to the Akatsuki back in the day, so he very well could have well performed the surgery himself, however we all know how much he loves/craves those eyes, it doesn't make sense to me that he wouldn't have collected a few for his own personal use or experiments.

- So I'm only left to assume that if it was in fact Orochimaru that performed the surgery, he wasn't acting alone. To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if it was Tobi himself that did it.

- Tobi did instigate the Uchiha massacre, and we all know that Donzo was aware of the planned coo. From a political standpoint it's a smart move. The conspiracy was already in motion between the clan and the Village, Donzo had an inside guy (Itachi). The Leaf Village had a problem, and Tobi very well could have simply offered up his services to make that problem go away.

- We all know that Tobi wanted Shisiu's eyes, and what happened?

- Days before the attack Donzo went after Shisiu's eye's (almost as if he knew an attack was coming and didn't want someone else to get them).

- I'm not going to make a wall of text, but we all know that Tobi has no problem throwing comrades to the wayside even if they did work together at some point, Tobi wouldn't have hesitated for a second to get rid of him.

Thoughts?

Last edited by b7718; 01-11-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Status
    May 2012
    If I were the rain... that
    binds together the Earth and
    the sky, whom in all eternity
    will never mingle... Would I
    be able to bind two hearts
    together?

if you go back and reread kakashi gaiden (which was the last chapters before the timeskip) then it makes sense of why obito is still alive and will make his way into the series. and in the flash back that was released not to long ago the it easily explains why he turned that way in the first place.

also did you notice that the last two surviving uchiha (sasuke and obito) are both overreacting to misunderstandings. first obito with kakashi killing rin then sasuke with itachi killing the clan out of protection of the village. theyve both taken it into their own hands to change the world or ruin it just because of small events that only really affected them the most.

like why does obito have to kill eveyone and remake the world where into a fake reality just because his crush died? overreacting much?

Academy Student
    Status
    Jul 2011
    This user has no status.

Totally agree...Tobi was meant to be Obito all along

Status
    Mar 2009
    SSJ God

Quote Originally Posted by b7718 View Post
    Yes, I believe it's within the realm of possibilities. Here's a few reasons why:

- Donzo's arm (Senju DNA /w multiple Sharingans) is proof enough for me that he allowed someone to operate on him and inhance his abilities.

- It's true that Danzo himself could have collected his own Sharringans to use in the operation, however we know for a fact that Tobi has an entire room stacked from floor to ceiling with them.

- In order to incorporate the Sharringans into his body and effectively use them, you first need Senju DNA, who has access to that - Tobi.

- Now Orochimru did belong to the Akatsuki back in the day, so he very well could have well performed the surgery himself, however we all know how much he loves/craves those eyes, it doesn't make sense to me that he wouldn't have collected a few for his own personal use or experiments.

- So I'm only left to assume that if it was in fact Orochimaru that performed the surgery, he wasn't acting alone. To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if it was Tobi himself that did it.

- Tobi did instigate the Uchiha massacre, and we all know that Donzo was aware of the planned coo. From a political standpoint it's a smart move. The conspiracy was already in motion between the clan and the Village, Donzo had an inside guy (Itachi). The Leaf Village had a problem, and Tobi very well could have simply offered up his services to make that problem go away.

- We all know that Tobi wanted Shisiu's eyes, and what happened?

- Days before the attack Donzo went after Shisiu's eye's (almost as if he knew an attack was coming and didn't want someone else to get them).

- I'm not going to make a wall of text, but we all know that Tobi has no problem throwing comrades to the wayside even if they did work together at some point, Tobi wouldn't have hesitated for a second to get rid of him.

Thoughts?
    The only thing that I cans ay to that is that If they were working together why then was Tobi/Obito so surprised by the fact that Danzo had Hashirama's DNA..

Also Orochimaru is the one who did all of that to Danzo it was stated in the manga.

Although Danzo was really shady and manipulitave he always had the Leaf Village's best interest at heart(again he had a pretty messed up way of doing it)

Tobi/Obito wants to completely destroy the Ninja world especially the Leaf.

And when Danzo fought Sasuke he was assuming that Tobi was Madara like everyone else at the time in the manga.. I just don't really see how that could happen

Also you forget that Orochimaru was the one that basically created Yamato.