Page 8 of 18 « First ... 456789101112 ... Last»
    Status
    Oct 2012
    hungry

Re: Tobi was never meant to Obito

im ok with tobi being obito but his back story is sub par at best... no explanation of how he survived the cave in... it would have made sense if he awakened his ms or if madra saved him somehow, but him simply slipping threw the rocks with no further explanation is lame -_-

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Charles View Post
    Exactly, the amount of hints kishi gave us for tobi being obito is ridiculous...

There were many insinuations, however due to logic, many could not bring themselves to except the thought of it.

I was mortified to learn Tobi was Obito, but was willing to except it so long as there was a DAMN GOOD explanation that tied up all the loose ends. What was offered up as an explanation was pathetic, and still left many unanswered questions. So whether Obito was originally intended to be Tobi or not, as of 12/10/13 Kishi's explanation/decision will stand as an EPIC FAIL in both my book, and countless others.

Last edited by b7718; 01-10-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ3Gotenks View Post
    Suspension of your disbelief??? Really for a manga? Just how much do you actually believe could happen :rofl:
    Are you that much of a child that I have to actually explain that I'm referring to the plausibility within the realms of the Naruto universe. Really??

Status
    Jan 2013
    I love anime.

I think it makes sense that Tobi is Obito, Idk why you guys don't think so... It makes perfect sense... WHAT ARE YOU GUYS THINKING?! I think it makes %100 sense.

Status
    Mar 2012
    why Doesn't Minato just make a
    chakra arm

to end this madness when kakashi said his kamui can send things to another dimension and tobi had that arm later it should obvious there and that was just season 1and 2 of shippuden

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

Now... Unlike most people, I'll actually throw out an idea that could have eased me into believability of the whole notion.

If Madera manipulated the Zetsu half of Obito's body to incorporate his will (Like with the main 2 personality Zetsu that we've all come to know) and Obito was in constant struggle for control, I would have bought that. Madera's will being dominate make sense, and Obito would have gained skills and control far beyond his own (including how to control the 9 tails) to attack the village, but no... We got the Rin explanation.

It wouldn't even have to be total control, just enough for Obito to believe that the voice and thoughts in his head (Madera's) were his own.

Last edited by b7718; 01-10-2013 at 07:14 AM.

Status
    Jan 2011
    etaf ruoy epacse tonnac uoy!!!

Obviously u have no idea what u talking about....

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by b7718 View Post
    There were many insinuations, however due to logic, many could not bring themselves to except the thought of it.

I was mortified to learn Tobi was Obito, but was will to except it so long as there was a DAMN GOOD explanation that tied up all the loose ends. What was offered up as an explanation was pathetic, and still left many unanswered questions. So whether Obito was originally intended to be Tobi or not, as of 12/10/13 Kishi's explanation/decision will stand as an EPIC FAIL in both my book, and countless others.
    Kishi never gives us all the answers in one go, that's the case for years now.

A lot of characters and their stories are linked, so it's impossible to answer a question without spoiling the entire mystery. For example, revealing what happened to Shisui would be a dead give-away to Itachi being a good guy all along.

Secondly, he also holds back answers so that it won't potentially ruin a battle. Nagato and Itachi's backstories were revealed after the fights were over, so that it wouldn't destroy the suspense or make the endings too obvious. If we had found out Itachi was good before his fight with Sasuke, we would already know Sasuke will walk out unharmed no matter what, which would make the entire fight pointless. But hearing the truth afterwards made that battle a lot more tragic, and perhaps a little better.

Who knows, maybe the full explanation about Madara and Obito will shed a completely new light on the current battle, in a good or bad way.

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

Well obviously... Otherwise I'd just except whatever nonsense that's written as infallible.

Last edited by b7718; 01-10-2013 at 07:00 AM.

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Animaeon View Post
    Kishi never gives us all the answers in one go, that's the case for years now.

A lot of characters and their stories are linked, so it's impossible to answer a question without spoiling the entire mystery. For example, revealing what happened to Shisui would be a dead give-away to Itachi being a good guy all along.

Secondly, he also holds back answers so that it won't potentially ruin a battle. Nagato and Itachi's backstories were revealed after the fights were over, so that it wouldn't destroy the suspense or make the endings too obvious. If we had found out Itachi was good before his fight with Sasuke, we would already know Sasuke will walk out unharmed no matter what, which would make the entire fight pointless. But hearing the truth afterwards made that battle a lot more tragic, and perhaps a little better.

Who knows, maybe the full explanation about Madara and Obito will shed a completely new light on the current battle, in a good or bad way.

Which is exactly why I wrote that as of 12/10/13 I consider it monumental blunder of epic proportions.

Status
    Mar 2009
    SSJ God

Are you that much of a child that I have to actually explain that I'm referring to the plausibility within the realms of the Naruto universe. Really??
    No not really.. Are you that deluded to realize that Obito was always Tobi and that's how Kishi planend it from the start..I would say yes, yes you are.. I mean for someone that finds it hard to suspend their disbelief for a manga whether or not is in the Narutoverse or not you really need to look at the manga industry as a whole and understand that most manga writers have a general outline of what they are planning and from the hints that Kishi has given us before chapter 599 it was obvious that it was going to be Obito. Really the childish thing to me is all of the fanboys inccesant whining about something that was predicted months before the reveal and the only logical choice for Tobi.. I mean how would Izuna make sense to the story he was dead a long time ago he gave his eyes to Madara(or Madara took them) so what would be the point.

And another point for me to make on this thread this is not Dragonball and was not planned to end at the end of the Pain arc like DB was supposed to end at the end of the Piccolo Jr. saga.(which is when Toriyama came up with the idea of the Saiyans)... Kishimoto is planning to end this when he wants and has a pretty clear plan on how he wants to end it.. So sit back read it and enjoy because there probably ain't a whole lot left in Naruto..

What's going to happen on 12/10/13 this year?/ Do you have some kind of future knowledge about the manga you would like to share with the rest of us :scorps:

Last edited by SSJ3Gotenks; 01-10-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

I don't think it would have made more since to be Izuna because then they would have had to explain more then what they had to with Obito like how is he alive after all these years I mean the only person from that era that is alive is Ōnoki who looks to be about 90 years old and Izuna is older then him. Kishi would also have to explain how he got his sharingan since Madara took his and why he only has one. Another thing that would need explaining is how he discovered Madara's eye of the moon plan since he died years before Madara came up with the idea. On top of that I just don't like the idea of a new random character who story line and personality has not been established to just come out of no where and run the show. We've been hearing thing about Obito for a while and Izuna only comes up in like 2 to 4 manga.

THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD accept pain's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Come And Join My Pain

tobi was obito, is obito.and will be obito

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

No not really.. Are you that deluded to realize that Obito was always Tobi and that's how Kishi planend it from the start..I would say yes, yes you are.. I mean for someone that finds it hard to suspend their disbelief for a manga whether or not is in the Narutoverse or not you really need to look at the manga industry as a whole and understand that most manga writers have a general outline of what they are planning and from the hints that Kishi has given us before chapter 599 it was obvious that it was going to be Obito. Really the childish thin to me is all of the fanboys inccesant whining about something that was predicted months before the reveal and the only logical choice for Tobi.. I mean how would Izuna make sense tot he story he was dead a long time ago he gave his eyes to Madara(or Madara took them) so what would be the point.

And another point for me to amke on this thread this is not Dragonball and was not planned to end at the end of the Pain arc like DB was supposed to end at the end of the Piccolo Jr. saga.(which is when Toriyama came up with the idea of the Saiyans)... Kishimoto is planning to end this when he wants and has a pretty clear plan on how he wants to end it.. So sit back read it and enjoy because there probably ain't a whole lot left in Naruto..
    Wow... Haha.

You might want to consider making an outline of your thoughts before writing yourself, because that paragraph is all over the place. I'm not sure what gibberish to address first... On second thought, why bother? You do a fine enough job discrediting yourself without me.

Status
    Mar 2009
    SSJ God

Wow... Haha.

You might want to consider making an outline of your thoughts before writing yourself, because that paragraph is all over the place. I'm not sure what gibberish to address first... On second thought, why bother? You do a fine enough job discrediting yourself without me.
    Gibberish?? Well I guess that's what you would call it since there really isn't anything for you to address that wouldn't make you look any dumber than you have already shown yourself to be..

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by 7even View Post
    I don't think it would have made more since to be Izuna because then they would have had to explain more then what they had to with Obito like how is he alive after all these years I mean the only person from that era that is alive is Ōnoki who looks to be about 90 years old and Izuna is older then him. Kishi would also have to explain how he got his sharingan since Madara took his and why he only has one. Another thing that would need explaining is how he discovered Madara's eye of the moon plan since he died years before Madara came up with the idea. On top of that I just don't like the idea of a new random character who story line and personality has not been established to just come out of no where and run the show. We've been hearing thing about Obito for a while and Izuna only comes up in like 2 to 4 manga.
    I suppose the only way it could have been Izuna (and I'm not saying it should have been) would be if Madera used the last of his life to revive his brother with his Rinnegan, almost as payment or retribution for Izuna's selfless act of giving him his eyes when he lost his sight.

Really it's no less plausible then Tobi being Obito.

Status
    Jan 2012
    On my way back soon.

Well, the eye things kinda work in Kishi's favor.

Kamui and all

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

Gibberish?? Well I guess that's what you would call it since there really isn't anything for you to address that wouldn't make you look any dumber than you have already shown yourself to be..
    I'd call it quits brother.

I know when I'm outmatched, and frankly you don't belong in the same ring. - Just leave it be.

Status
    Mar 2009
    SSJ God

I suppose the only way it could have been Izuna (and I'm not saying it should have been) would be if Madera used the last of his life to revive his brother with his Rinnegan, almost as payment or retribution for Izuna's selfless act of giving him his eyes when he lost his sight.

Really it's no less plausible then Tobi being Obito.
    Yes it is.. that is dumbest thing I have ever heard oh how about I just throw some random charcter that I have mentioned very seldom (like once or twice) and then make him the biggest badass in Naruto next to Madara.. Do you even read what you type seriously that is the dumbest thing I have ever read.. :flaw::flaw::flaw::flaw::flaw:

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of God View Post
    Well, the eye things kinda work in Kishi's favor.

Kamui and all
    It does fit well as a plot devise, however writers often fall in love with certain ideas, so much so that dropping one is like loosing a limb, but sometimes you have to let go for the sake of the overall story.