Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    09-14-2014, 08:01 PM

[Sensei Test] Anduril

Greetings, Anduril.

I will be administrating your test and the rules are as followed:

Rules and regulation according to Rei.
    All basic elements up to your current rank are to be used.
    You are allowed to use your KG.
    Custom jutsu(s) and custom element(s) are not allowed.
    You do not need to win the fight to pass, but doing so will gain you bonus points.
    Terrain: A grassy, open plain in sunny weather.
    We start mid range from each other.

I will be using my Shikamaru Nara biography.

Please respond with a link to the bio you will be using in the test and I will begin.

No one other than myself and the participant may post here. If required, administrators/moderators and official senseis may input their opinion.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burp...

Re: [Sensei Test] Anduril

Minato Namikaze || Fourth Hokage || Konoha's yellow flash

Thank you for taking my test
    Let's have fun :D

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't really ever remember the weather being so hot. To be honest, perhaps, it was the simple literate aspect of cold weather that I so attuned to whenever I lay upon the grasses of Konoha. After all, the Nara clan owned a good amount of property...property that contained mostly of endless forests and calming grassland.
    Not long ago, I had found the perfect spot. It was a certain patch of grass, where the trees came just slightly asunder to open a perfect opening for me to see the sky, yet maintain a great peripheral view of the village itself. However, most importantly of all, I could gaze upon that very area where Asuma-sensei and I used to game Shogi...
    But not today. Today, oddly enough, my eyes were on the Hokage Monuments carved on the mountains way in the distance. I could catch just a glimmer of the First Hokage's passionate, yet kind gaze, the stern, determined face of the Second Hokage, the old, open-hearted features of the Third Raikage...the Fourth Hokage's...
    Pausing a moment, I found myself wondering about the Fourth Hokage. Sure enough, there were great stories and legends revolving the so-called Yellow Flash, but who was he like really? Quite frankly, I didn't know how I came upon across such information, but was he not Kakashi-san's Sensei? What could that ever be like...?
    Then I was lingering on the oddities of the man's hair, as it suddenly struck a rather curious resemblance to Naruto's...
    A distant footstep tore my thoughts away from my wandering mind as I sat up abruptly in full alert. There was someone in the Nara property, most likely uninvited. Father was out at work, and Mother was inside cooking.
    As he drew closer, I found myself blinking in literal disbelief. Why, the hair, and the unmistakable clothes...my eyes snapped back towards the Hokage monument, where I had been looking at only moments before. It was the Fourth Hokage!
    No, this was impossible. I must have been trapped in some odd Genjutsu of the sorts. There had to be some logical sense to this...
    But the face of Minato Namikaze was not a kindly one. In fact, one of his revered kunais appeared in his hand as he assumed a rather offensive stance.
    "Whoa, whoa, hey there..." I groaned as I stepped back a few feet, distancing myself. "I'm...I'm a Konohan-"
    Ah, drats. I had forgot to tie my headband on my shoulder this morning when I woke up. Well, there was no use reasoning with this odd copy of the Fourth Hokage. Trying to wrap my mind around the situation would only waste my time - I now had an enemy that I could not possibly even imagine to beat in terms of physical power in a million years.

A slight chill passed across me as I adjusted to a more defensive stance, slightly bending my knees as I kept my eyes on the sole figure of the Fourth Hokage.
    Slipping my right hand into the handy pouch that I never failed to carry with me anywhere I go, I swiftly whipped out a single kunai, inserting chakra into it.
    "My apologies, Hokage-sama..." I muttered as shifted my dominant foot back in conjunction with my arm. "But this is all just too troublesome for me to deal with..."
    With a burst of chakra, I thrust the kunai in my right hand forwards, multiplying it rapidly into the amount of kunais I wished. Attached on this kunai were fake explosive tags, designed to trick the enemy sufficiently. There were exactly five waves of kunai, one on top of the other, about hundred kunais in each wave. All of these were aimed just above chest level, so that the lowest wave of kunais would strike just above the solar plexus.
    Let's see if this guy is actually real or not...
    However, right after the wave of kunais was released, I slipped both hands back into my pockets, drawing out four kunais in each hand, infusing them with my shadow chakra.
    The first array of kunais, tossed by my left hand was swung in a 180 arc in front of me and aimed towards the Fourth Hokage at chest level. The second array of kunais were somewhat hidden by the first barrage, however, they were tossed in a slightly lower angle so that they would pierce his shadow, immobilizing him.
    The first of these kunais were attached with real exposive tags and the second array had fake explosive tags.
    I'll have to retreat to a more defensive position.
    Slamming my hand upon the gruond, I released water chakra into the air above the Hokage, forming a huge wave of water about ten meters high, allowing gravity to take hold of it so that it would all crash onto the man after he was pinned down by the kunais. Not to mention, the sun was directly above it on this rather cloudless afternoon, and the shadow that it would cast would simply blend with the Fourth Hokage's, making it easier to immobilize him.

I glanced around for some trees to hide behind, but there was none anywhere as close to me in sight. Sighing, I started making my way back towards my house. Perhaps I was just dreaming again. As always.
    (Shuriken Kage Bunshin no Jutsu) - Shuriken Shadow Clone Jutsu
    Type: Offensive
    Range: Short-Mid
    Chakra Cost: 30
    Damage Points: 60
    Description: The user creates a thousand shadow clones from one shuriken after performing Ram → Rat → Bird → Boar → Tiger, striking down the enemy. This is a technique that combines ninja tools with ninjutsu. Compared to normal shadow clones, clones of material objects are said to be on a far higher level. There is no need for preparations beforehand, like stocking up on shuriken, yet since the shadow clones are real and not illusions, all the shadow blades that fly around are equally lethal.

(Kage Mane Shuriken) - Shadow Imitation Shuriken
    Type: Supplementary
    Chakra cost: 10
    Damage Points: N/A
    Description: Traps the enemy buy throwing and hitting there shadow special blades infused with shadow chakra.

(Suiton: Haran Banshō) - Water Release: Stormy Blockade
    Range: Short - Long
    Chakra cost: 20
    Damage points: N/A
    Description: The user will slam their hands against then ground allowing him/her to summon a massive amount of water from the sky, crushing it into the opponent. If needed, the user can cancel the technique in an instant.
    Note: The water needs to be summoned at least 10 meters above the opponent to have any real effect.

Last edited by Adachi; 01-11-2013 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Typos.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burp...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiritsugu View Post
    I couldn't really ever remember the weather being so hot. To be honest, perhaps, it was the simple literate aspect of cold weather that I so attuned to whenever I lay upon the grasses of Konoha. After all, the Nara clan owned a good amount of property...property that contained mostly of endless forests and calming grassland.
    Not long ago, I had found the perfect spot. It was a certain patch of grass, where the trees came just slightly asunder to open a perfect opening for me to see the sky, yet maintain a great peripheral view of the village itself. However, most importantly of all, I could gaze upon that very area where Asuma-sensei and I used to game Shogi...
    But not today. Today, oddly enough, my eyes were on the Hokage Monuments carved on the mountains way in the distance. I could catch just a glimmer of the First Hokage's passionate, yet kind gaze, the stern, determined face of the Second Hokage, the old, open-hearted features of the Third Raikage...the Fourth Hokage's...
    Pausing a moment, I found myself wondering about the Fourth Hokage. Sure enough, there were great stories and legends revolving the so-called Yellow Flash, but who was he like really? Quite frankly, I didn't know how I came upon across such information, but was he not Kakashi-san's Sensei? What could that ever be like...?
    Then I was lingering on the oddities of the man's hair, as it suddenly struck a rather curious resemblance to Naruto's...
    A distant footstep tore my thoughts away from my wandering mind as I sat up abruptly in full alert. There was someone in the Nara property, most likely uninvited. Father was out at work, and Mother was inside cooking.
    As he drew closer, I found myself blinking in literal disbelief. Why, the hair, and the unmistakable clothes...my eyes snapped back towards the Hokage monument, where I had been looking at only moments before. It was the Fourth Hokage!
    No, this was impossible. I must have been trapped in some odd Genjutsu of the sorts. There had to be some logical sense to this...
    But the face of Minato Namikaze was not a kindly one. In fact, one of his revered kunais appeared in his hand as he assumed a rather offensive stance.
    "Whoa, whoa, hey there..." I groaned as I stepped back a few feet, distancing myself. "I'm...I'm a Konohan-"
    Ah, drats. I had forgot to tie my headband on my shoulder this morning when I woke up. Well, there was no use reasoning with this odd copy of the Fourth Hokage. Trying to wrap my mind around the situation would only waste my time - I now had an enemy that I could not possibly even imagine to beat in terms of physical power in a million years.

A slight chill passed across me as I adjusted to a more defensive stance, slightly bending my knees as I kept my eyes on the sole figure of the Fourth Hokage.
    Slipping my right hand into the handy pouch that I never failed to carry with me anywhere I go, I swiftly whipped out a single kunai, inserting chakra into it.
    "My apologies, Hokage-sama..." I muttered as shifted my dominant foot back in conjunction with my arm. "But this is all just too troublesome for me to deal with..."
    With a burst of chakra, I thrust the kunai in my right hand forwards, multiplying it rapidly into the amount of kunais I wished. Attached on this kunai were fake explosive tags, designed to trick the enemy sufficiently. There were exactly five waves of kunai, one on top of the other, about hundred kunais in each wave. All of these were aimed just above chest level, so that the lowest wave of kunais would strike just above the solar plexus.
    Let's see if this guy is actually real or not...
    However, right after the wave of kunais was released, I slipped both hands back into my pockets, drawing out four kunais in each hand, infusing them with my shadow chakra.
    The first array of kunais, tossed by my left hand was swung in a 180 arc in front of me and aimed towards the Fourth Hokage at chest level. The second array of kunais are somewhat hidden by the first barrage, however, they were tossed in a slightly lower angle so that they would pierce his shadow, immobilizing him.
    The first of these kunais were attached with real exposive tags, however, the second array was attached with fake explosive tags.
    Now, to runnn aawaaaayyyyy!
    Slamming my ground on the hand, I released water chakra into the air above the Hokage, forming a huge wave of water about ten meters high, allowing gravity to take hold of it so that it would all crash onto the man after he was pinned down by the kunais. Not to mention, the sun was directly above it on this rather cloudless afternoon, and the shadow that it would cast would simply blend with the Fourth Hokage's, making it easier to immobilize him.

I glanced around for some trees to hide behind, but there was none anywhere as close to me in sight. Sighing, I started making my way back towards my house. Perhaps I was just dreaming again. As always.
    (Shuriken Kage Bunshin no Jutsu) - Shuriken Shadow Clone Jutsu
    Description: The user creates a thousand shadow clones from one shuriken after performing Ram → Rat → Bird → Boar → Tiger, striking down the enemy. This is a technique that combines ninja tools with ninjutsu. Compared to normal shadow clones, clones of material objects are said to be on a far higher level. There is no need for preparations beforehand, like stocking up on shuriken, yet since the shadow clones are real and not illusions, all the shadow blades that fly around are equally lethal.

(Kage Mane Shuriken) - Shadow Imitation Shuriken
    Description: Traps the enemy buy throwing and hitting there shadow special blades infused with shadow chakra.

(Suiton: Haran Banshō) - Water Release: Stormy Blockade
    Range: Short - Long
    Description: The user will slam their hands against then ground allowing him/her to summon a massive amount of water from the sky, crushing it into the opponent. If needed, the user can cancel the technique in an instant.
    Note: The water needs to be summoned at least 10 meters above the opponent to have any real effect.

Minato continued his casual stroll across the vast grassy meadow. As far as his knowledge went, this part of konoha was owned by the Nara clan. A particularly interesting clan who fought using shadows, also known to have harboured some of the best tacticians from konoha. Minato's mind though was particularly occupied today, things did not look particularly up for the leaf village. The threat of Akatsuki persisted, even after the demise of their leader. If only he had survived that fateful day, things would have panned out differently.
    Minato let out an audible sigh as he gazed into the horizon trying to imagine the better future he would have had with his wife and son, if not for the masked man. Incidentally he remembered strolling around this area with kushina not some time back, the memories made minato blink away the water that welled up in his eyes. The trail of his thoughts now led towards the masked man and the havoc he had caused 16 years ago.

*Who was he?? to posess the sharingan powerful enough to control the Nine-tailed fox and the space time jutsu which even surpassed my own, it only made sense that he would be madara but something about that person told minato that he was not madara*

The thought of the masked man filled minato with anger, something which even transpired on his face and instinctively he got hold of his kunai. It was just then that minato noticed a young kid clumsily trying to get away from him. It was Shikamaru, one of Naruto's classmates and the son of Shikaku nara. Minato knew him since he had seen him from within naruto. He seemed to have misunderstood the reason for minato's stern expression and the kunai that he (minato) was carrying with him now. Minato quickly readied himself as Shikamaru's right hand made its way towards his pouch.

*It would not be such a bad idea to spar with this young-ling for a while. Afterall its through fists that one can truly hope to understand the other*

Just then minato saw shikamaru blabbering an apology before letting go of his kunai, which rapidly started multiplying into many rows of kunai. To Minato's horror they all seemed to be tagged with paperbombs. Quickly glancing around the expanding mass of kunai Minato made his decision.

*That is a little too much for me to be honest. Such a large number of tagged kunai's is bound to cause some harm*

Without wasting another moment Minato made one handseal (Ram) and released a massive blast of air that blew away all the kunai's back in shikamaru's direction. Minato also knew the wind was powerful enough to knock shikamaru off his feet as well.

(Fūton: Atsugai) - Wind Style: Pressure Damage
    Type:Attack
    Range:Short-Mid
    Chakra Cost:30
    Damage Points:60
    Description: A Huge blast of wind that levels anything in its path; Can cause major damage and requires a sufficient chakra level to perform. This large wind blast moves in tremendous speed and cannot be controlled. If the user gets caught in it, it will harm him also.

Minato did not wish to harm the child but was sure of shikamaru's ability to protect himself. Minato then looked up at the yellow sun which was heating up his head.

*Well, the sun is going to create some problems. It's not just me but even my shadow will have to be careful while sparring this nara clan member.*

Looking back towards Shikamaru, Minato was sure he had just spilled a lot of air on any plans this brilliant little shogi player had chalked out.

Note: Minato's thoughts are in this color and within these '*' quotes
    And what's up with the love for the third Raikage??

Last edited by Anduril; 01-11-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Heavy wind suddenly began blowing behind me as I abruptly turned around, seeing a massive, growing sphere of Wind rumbling in my direction.
    Dear.
    Lord.
    That was real enough for me. And Father would have my hind if the grass was torn up even more. I had to stop it...somehow.
    Scratching my head with confusion, I dug into my pouch for a scroll. Ah, drat...which one was it...I was sure Temari had it fixed it up for me earlier.
    Oh, it must be this one.
    Grasping the sides of the scroll firmly, I pulled it open with my right hand as I utilized the momentum to fling it in a frontal direction before me. Designed in a rather elegant, yet simple manner, was a curious symbol in the shape of a circle, as if beckoning for something to erupt out of it.
    I crouched down towards the ground, utilizing one knee to support my weight as I assured my stance on the ground. Releasing chakra throughout the scroll, I was ready for the recoil as the massive dragon, about three times my size, burst out of the scroll, striking itself into the middle of the enlarging Wind. The flames easily consumed the Wind, stopping its rotation and power as the dragon broke through the other side, continuing towards where I had last seen the Fourth Hokage.
    The scroll was cast carelessly to the ground as I slammed my hands together. To be honest, the move was quite devastating, and unexpected. I wonder what the Fourth Hokage, or whoever it really was, had in mind.
    Sharp eyes running across the vicinity, I measured a quick proximity of where the Hokage had been when he had first released the massive Wind move. No doubt, due to the power of pressurized chakra, he would have been pushed slightly back.
    "Ram..." I breathed. "Boar. Dog. Bird. Hare!" The Earth chakra spread itself through the ground, pushing off of it to form four, perfectly placed Earth pillars, its perimeters adding up to a perfect twenty-five meters. It acted as a target area for the incoming Fire dragon, but as for locking up my enemy as well.
    I thrust my right hand forward in a somewhat...so to say, retarded manner as I activated the pillars, feeling the power of the Lightning chakra reverberate through my veins.
    Such power.
    Such strength.
    Exhaling heavily, I ran a hand across my forehead. To be honest, I wasn't even half worried about my current situation. It would be the terrorizing look on Shikaku Nara's face when he came back to discover this mess.
    "SSSSHIKKKAMMMARRUUUU!" I could hear that roar in my ears now. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, YOU LAZY BOY?!"
    An irritated look passed my face. Perhaps I would just...well, quickly run away. Say I had been off to get groceries or something. No, that wouldn't do. I never bought the stupid vegetables.
    Anyways, thinking would happen in a moment.
    Closing my eyes, I focused on the flow of the chakra throughout my body. I brought my hands together, placing them together so that the index fingers met, forming the Tiger handseal. Injecting chakra all around me, I easily manipulated the light around me, allowing me to blend into my surroundings.
    This will do.
    I closed my eyes, allowing the sun's ray to warm my face as I carefully thought through my current situation. Had someone revived the Fourth Hokage? Why was in the Nara territory, of all places? Or was it just an enemy, posing as Minato? Either way, I'd have to be wary. I was no Naruto.
    Caught off guard, I would be in a dangerous situation. It wasn't power that had let me live on through all these years, but my own wits. And that was perhaps the only thing I could rely on nowadays.
    (Katon: Bakuryūgeki) - Fire Release: Exploding Dragon Strike
    Range: Short - Mid
    Chakra cost: 40
    Damage points: 80
    Description: The user through use of one their scrolls will summon a large flame dragon that is directed towards the enemy target and explodes upon impact.

(Raiton: Shichu Shibari) – Lightning Release: Four-Pillar Bind
    Type: Offensive, Supplementary
    Range: Short – Mid
    Damage points: 40
    Description: After the user performs the Ram → Boar → Dog → Bird → Hare hand seals they then summon Four Giant Pillars surrounding the enemy target and then the user shoots out bolts of lightning, binding the target in place and possibly doing damage to them.

(Meisaigakure no Jutsu) - Hiding with Camouflage Technique
    Range: Short
    Chakra Cost: 30 (-10 per turn active)
    Description: This is a ninja escape technique that allows the user after performing the Tiger hand seal to control how light is reflected around their body with chakra inflections. The technique also erases the user's scent and shadow, and is usable on any terrain, making it ideal not only for covert maneuvers but also offensive strikes. Perceiving the user's position is possible only for ninja who are astute enough to observe minute variations within their surrounding environment, such as distortions of air currents in the immediate vicinity or distinguishing sounds, i.e. footsteps etc. However, the usefulness of this ability can be entirely negated by those with special vision or sensory skills. The Second Tsuchikage, Mū's mastery of this technique helped earn him the moniker "Non-Person" seemingly having neither form nor chakra while the technique was active. Thus, he could not be sensed through traditional means.
    Note: Technique lasts a total of 3 turns

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burp...

Heavy wind suddenly began blowing behind me as I abruptly turned around, seeing a massive, growing sphere of Wind rumbling in my direction.
    Dear.
    Lord.
    That was real enough for me. And Father would have my hind if the grass was torn up even more. I had to stop it...somehow.
    Scratching my head with confusion, I dug into my pouch for a scroll. Ah, drat...which one was it...I was sure Temari had it fixed it up for me earlier.
    Oh, it must be this one.
    Grasping the sides of the scroll firmly, I pulled it open with my right hand as I utilized the momentum to fling it in a frontal direction before me. Designed in a rather elegant, yet simple manner, was a curious symbol in the shape of a circle, as if beckoning for something to erupt out of it.
    I crouched down towards the ground, utilizing one knee to support my weight as I assured my stance on the ground. Releasing chakra throughout the scroll, I was ready for the recoil as the massive dragon, about three times my size, burst out of the scroll, striking itself into the middle of the enlarging Wind. The flames easily consumed the Wind, stopping its rotation and power as the dragon broke through the other side, continuing towards where I had last seen the Fourth Hokage.
    The scroll was cast carelessly to the ground as I slammed my hands together. To be honest, the move was quite devastating, and unexpected. I wonder what the Fourth Hokage, or whoever it really was, had in mind.
    Sharp eyes running across the vicinity, I measured a quick proximity of where the Hokage had been when he had first released the massive Wind move. No doubt, due to the power of pressurized chakra, he would have been pushed slightly back.
    "Ram..." I breathed. "Boar. Dog. Bird. Hare!" The Earth chakra spread itself through the ground, pushing off of it to form four, perfectly placed Earth pillars, its perimeters adding up to a perfect twenty-five meters. It acted as a target area for the incoming Fire dragon, but as for locking up my enemy as well.
    I thrust my right hand forward in a somewhat...so to say, retarded manner as I activated the pillars, feeling the power of the Lightning chakra reverberate through my veins.
    Such power.
    Such strength.
    Exhaling heavily, I ran a hand across my forehead. To be honest, I wasn't even half worried about my current situation. It would be the terrorizing look on Shikaku Nara's face when he came back to discover this mess.
    "SSSSHIKKKAMMMARRUUUU!" I could hear that roar in my ears now. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, YOU LAZY BOY?!"
    An irritated look passed my face. Perhaps I would just...well, quickly run away. Say I had been off to get groceries or something. No, that wouldn't do. I never bought the stupid vegetables.
    Anyways, thinking would happen in a moment.
    Closing my eyes, I focused on the flow of the chakra throughout my body. I brought my hands together, placing them together so that the index fingers met, forming the Tiger handseal. Injecting chakra all around me, I easily manipulated the light around me, allowing me to blend into my surroundings.
    This will do.
    I closed my eyes, allowing the sun's ray to warm my face as I carefully thought through my current situation. Had someone revived the Fourth Hokage? Why was in the Nara territory, of all places? Or was it just an enemy, posing as Minato? Either way, I'd have to be wary. I was no Naruto.
    Caught off guard, I would be in a dangerous situation. It wasn't power that had let me live on through all these years, but my own wits. And that was perhaps the only thing I could rely on nowadays.
    (Katon: Bakuryūgeki) - Fire Release: Exploding Dragon Strike
    Chakra cost: 40
    Damage points: 80
    Description: The user through use of one their scrolls will summon a large flame dragon that is directed towards the enemy target and explodes upon impact.

(Raiton: Shichu Shibari) – Lightning Release: Four-Pillar Bind
    Type: Offensive, Supplementary
    Description: After the user performs the Ram → Boar → Dog → Bird → Hare hand seals they then summon Four Giant Pillars surrounding the enemy target and then the user shoots out bolts of lightning, binding the target in place and possibly doing damage to them.

(Meisaigakure no Jutsu) - Hiding with Camouflage Technique
    Chakra Cost: 30 (-10 per turn active)
    Description: This is a ninja escape technique that allows the user after performing the Tiger hand seal to control how light is reflected around their body with chakra inflections. The technique also erases the user's scent and shadow, and is usable on any terrain, making it ideal not only for covert maneuvers but also offensive strikes. Perceiving the user's position is possible only for ninja who are astute enough to observe minute variations within their surrounding environment, such as distortions of air currents in the immediate vicinity or distinguishing sounds, i.e. footsteps etc. However, the usefulness of this ability can be entirely negated by those with special vision or sensory skills. The Second Tsuchikage, Mū's mastery of this technique helped earn him the moniker "Non-Person" seemingly having neither form nor chakra while the technique was active. Thus, he could not be sensed through traditional means.
    Note: Technique lasts a total of 3 turns

Just as Minato had thought, soon enough a monster of fire formed devouring the wind to fuel itself.

*I guess the tags on those kunai's were just as real as me :D*

Minato watched calmly as the beast devoured the wind and began its movement towards him. Surely, Shikamaru nara was well versed in the basics. It seemed that Asuma had done a good job with him. Minato remembered the younger days of Asuma, he seemed to be a shade slower than Kakashi in learning the different ninja techniques. But he seemed to be on par with Kakashi when it came to using the different ninja tools. He (Minato) had also caught the young Asuma staring covertly at a fellow Kunoichi, whose name minato could no longer remember. Time had certainly flown by quickly, considering the fact that Asuma was now dead and his student was engaging Minato in a battle. Minato smiled for the first time in what felt like a century.

*The will of Fire continues, eh?? Sandaime??*

Wrenching his attention back to the present and his ongoing spar Minato releases his earth chakra through the ground below his feet and turning it into a fine sand like material digs into it hiding himself into the ground while the Dragon blocks him from Shikamaru's view as it (dragon) is moving towards Minato.

*Today's lesson for shikamaru would be to keep his enemy in plain view.*

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique

Range: Long
    Chakra cost: 15
    Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth.

Minato now understood Shikamaru's tactic to keep him at a distance, by this shikamaru thought he gave himself a chance to run away from Minato. As such Minato quickly moved towards shikamaru's location from under the ground (Since he was able to sense the things on the surface while being under the ground). As he was moving through the ground Minato noticed how much cooler it was here compared to the blistering surface. Was his preference due to the fact that he no longer belonged to that world?? or was it his own self that preferred the quiet and the cool of the underground?? Minato could not answer. As he reached the ground below Shikamaru's location Minato grabbed him by the feet and pulled him into the ground as he himself jumped atop the ground surface capturing shikamaru into the ground, while leaving his head above it.

(Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
    Chakra Cost: 10
    Description: The user, emerging from the ground below the target area, pulls down the opponent so that only their head is above ground. Unable to move, the opponent can easily be decapitated or tortured.

Minato then rests the cold steel of his Kunai across Shikamaru's neck skin, sending the message that any move by him would result in a cut on his neck. Minato waited in thought as the wind blew his yellow hair into his face.

*It would not be long before someone from the leaf comes to find him... should I leave him here??*
    Minato wondered.

Last edited by Anduril; 01-11-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

That was quite odd.
    The wind cleared fast. As the dragon reared up, slamming itself on its target, I could see nothing within it. It wasn't a massive fire I had created, just about three times my body width (mentioned in previous post), so to say, roughly one meter. Given the low density of the fire not to mention the rather flashy attire the Fourth Hokage wore, one should have been able to see at least a human shape within the flames.
    Now, this was quite the predicament. Frankly, he had nowhere to go. It was a flat, grassy plain, and the fire would have at least given off some indication that he had been sizzled up. Simple science - light bent as it passed through fire causing the objects on the other side to appear to move.
    I saw nothing.
    If he couldn't go up, nor left or right...then there was only one last direction. That would be to go down.
    Oh, drats.
    He figured out my tactic. While I had been carelessly throwing out elemental combinations, he deduced that I had been meaning to keep him away with all my preposterous shows. So that would only mean he would sought to close the distance between us.
    I had to get away from the ground as soon as possible.
    With a practiced motion, my hand went to the sword strapped by my side (normal sword, in bio) whipping it out as I grasped it with two hands, stabbing it into the ground. Utilizing the momentum and the weight of the sword, I vaulted myself off the earth as I discharged a wave of Raiton chakra through it, launching myself into the air in the direction where the Fourth Hokage was seen just moments ago.
    As I came closer to the ground, I used one hand to stab the sword into the ground as my other hand came to strike the ground, releasing through it a wave of earth chakra, up to ten meters deep and ten meters far from all around me so that if my opponent was anywhere near me, he would be crushed by the moving plateaus of earth.
    Running away was out of the box now. I'd have to confront my enemy up front. I found myself gasping for breath, rather unused to such heavy exertments as I prepared for myself for whatever the enemy had in mind next.
    (Chō Biburāto Raitontō) - Super Vibrating Lightning Release Sword
    Damage points: N/A (+15 to kenjutsu and standard attacks)
    Description: The user channels their lightning chakra into a blade, increasing its vibrating frequency and giving it more cutting power than standard wind techniques.

(Doton: Yochi no Douyou) - Earth Release: World Shaking
    Damage points: 30
    Description: The user will concentrate and release their chakra into the ground to create a small tremer that can result in harming the enemy target.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burp...

That was quite odd.
    The wind cleared fast. As the dragon reared up, slamming itself on its target, I could see nothing within it. It wasn't a massive fire I had created, just about three times my body width (mentioned in previous post), so to say, roughly one meter. Given the low density of the fire not to mention the rather flashy attire the Fourth Hokage wore, one should have been able to see at least a human shape within the flames.
    Now, this was quite the predicament. Frankly, he had nowhere to go. It was a flat, grassy plain, and the fire would have at least given off some indication that he had been sizzled up. Simple science - light bent as it passed through fire causing the objects on the other side to appear to move.
    I saw nothing.
    If he couldn't go up, nor left or right...then there was only one last direction. That would be to go down.
    Oh, drats.
    He figured out my tactic. While I had been carelessly throwing out elemental combinations, he deduced that I had been meaning to keep him away with all my preposterous shows. So that would only mean he would sought to close the distance between us.
    I had to get away from the ground as soon as possible.
    With a practiced motion, my hand went to the sword strapped by my side (normal sword, in bio) whipping it out as I grasped it with two hands, stabbing it into the ground. Utilizing the momentum and the weight of the sword, I vaulted myself off the earth as I discharged a wave of Raiton chakra through it, launching myself into the air in the direction where the Fourth Hokage was seen just moments ago.
    As I came closer to the ground, I used one hand to stab the sword into the ground as my other hand came to strike the ground, releasing through it a wave of earth chakra, up to ten meters deep and ten meters far from all around me so that if my opponent was anywhere near me, he would be crushed by the moving plateaus of earth.
    Running away was out of the box now. I'd have to confront my enemy up front. I found myself gasping for breath, rather unused to such heavy exertments as I prepared for myself for whatever the enemy had in mind next.
    (Chō Biburāto Raitontō) - Super Vibrating Lightning Release Sword
    Damage points: N/A (+15 to kenjutsu and standard attacks)
    Description: The user channels their lightning chakra into a blade, increasing its vibrating frequency and giving it more cutting power than standard wind techniques.

(Doton: Yochi no Douyou) - Earth Release: World Shaking
    Damage points: 30
    Description: The user will concentrate and release their chakra into the ground to create a small tremer that can result in harming the enemy target.
    Oblivious to what has transpired on the surface Minato goes ahead with his plan. As he nears Shikamaru and is about to pull him down a cold blade comes down from above caressing minato's right shoulder blade as blood started pouring out. Instinctively Minato moved away from the blade which now started crackling lightning.

*Shoot, the kid noticed my absence. Maybe I could learn some lessons from him.*

Minato quickly formes a ball of chakra in his left hand and uses it to push the sword tip outside the same way it had come in.

(Rasengan) - Spiral Sphere
    Type: Attack
    Description: Rasengan was a Ninjutsu technique developed over the span of three years by the Fourth Hokage. The technique was taught to his sensei Jiraiya, who then passed it on to the young ninja Naruto years later. The technique is unlike many other jutsu in that it does not require any hand seals. It just relied on the ninja's ability to mold chakra. The ninja concentrates a contained, fast, rotating sphere of chakra in the palm of their hand, which can create a destructive impact. Limit: None

Also minato now increases the size of his rasengan by providing more chakra to it. Using this massive orb of chakra Minato now blasts through the remaining of the earth surface, hitting shikamaru as he is about to land on the earths surface from his little acrobat.

(Oodama Rasengan) - Big Ball Spiral Sphere
    Range:Short
    Chakra Cost:40
    Damage Points:80
    Description: Oodama Rasengan is an advanced Ninjutsu technique that creates a very large Rasengan ball.
    Note:Must already know rasengan.

As Minato lands on a safe spot after blasting through the earth's surface, minato's thoughts are a swirl, to think that he would be cornered into using the upgraded version of his own technique. In a way Minato was proud of Naruto for having developed this technique so far beyond what he had thought for it. But he regretted not getting the chance to tell the same to his son.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought I'd feel the momentum of my own body weight pushing me of my sword, but the blast of earth and chunks of dirt told me otherwise.
    Halfway through my flip in the air, I saw the head of the Fourth Hokage pop out of the surface, the spiraling Rasengan increasing within the folds of his hand. Dear Lord, it was growing in size with every passing moment...this must have been the technique that Naruto had worked so hard on.
    I wasn't quite sure how he had the wiggle room to execute such power, but after all, he was most likely the Fourth Hokage. But given the circumstances, it was quite odd how he chose to blast in a direction straight up.
    Having propelled myself in a frontal, arc direction, his plight completely missed me as he flew past me as I felt the power of the Rasengan in his hand draw in the wind around me. Landing in his original position before he disappeared into the ground, I rapidly formed a single handseal, sending out chakra in the direction of the Hokage.
    If he could get out of this one, then I would acknowledge him as the real Hokage.
    I remember when I had learned this technique. In fact, it was from Kurenai-san herself, the master of Genjutsus. It was not long after Asuma's death when I found myself meeting his life's love at his very grave. That day, we had coincidentally arrived at the same time, both of us carrying a bouquet of the freshest daisies. Silence fell between us we set them both atop the grave, paying our respects to the man that had left an everlasting impact on our lives. The rain had fell heavily that day, but neither of us seemed to give a care.
    Oddly enough though, it was she that broke the silence, not I. "Do you know how I first felt when I heard the news, Shikamaru?" A simple sentence, yet it was enough to bring a torrent of painful memories back into my mind.
    Kurenai-san hadn't been there when Asuma passed away, but I could not deny that such an occurrence would have affected her so much more than me. After all, she knew things about him that I never would, and all in all, the child that she was bearing now was a clear symbol of that.
    I couldn't find the right words to respond to her question. I opened my mouth, yet nothing came out, and I found myself struggling to speak, a rarity for Naras.
    But then the world around me suddenly turned dark, and I could not see the grave before me, nor the memorial stone, and for a moment, I thought I had gone blind in a world of my own, where I could see nor care for anyone.
    However, the sound of pelting rain came to fill my ears once more as I felt someone's hand lay gently upon my shoulder. "A world of darkness. Where nothing mattered. You know what I'm speaking of, do you not, Shikamaru?"And I could only nod my reply...
    And that world of darkness it was. Snuffing out the eyes out of Minato Namikaze, I bent towards the ground, slamming it with one hand, sending Earth chakra throughout the ground directly beneath him, creating exactly ten spikes, about one meter wide each and reaching up to one meter tall.
    They were spread out in a circle directly beneath him, the radius four meters, the circumference of the entire circle from one side to the other measuring to up about eight meters. When gravity took hold of the Fourth Hokage, he would plummet right into the spikes at an acceleration of 9.8 meters per second.
    I'll confront him directly.
    Running towards him, I slid my hands into pocket, drawing out my chakra blades, running in the direction of the Hokage.
    ( Kokuangyo no Jutsu ) - Bringer-of-Darkness Technique
    Description: The user makes one handseal, causing the opponent to believe they have been trapped in a world of infinite darkness, where their sense of sight is useless. It is capable of affecting multiple targets within range. However, it does not negate their other senses.

(Doton: Ganchūsō) - Earth Release: Stone Spikes
    Chakra Cost: 15
    Damage Points: 30
    Description: This technique lets the user create a few rock pillars that will protrude from the ground to skew the target. The rock pillars will even pass through obstacles to reach their target.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burp...

I thought I'd feel the momentum of my own body weight pushing me of my sword, but the blast of earth and chunks of dirt told me otherwise.
    Halfway through my flip in the air, I saw the head of the Fourth Hokage pop out of the surface, the spiraling Rasengan increasing within the folds of his hand. Dear Lord, it was growing in size with every passing moment...this must have been the technique that Naruto had worked so hard on.
    I wasn't quite sure how he had the wiggle room to execute such power, but after all, he was most likely the Fourth Hokage. But given the circumstances, it was quite odd how he chose to blast in a direction straight up.
    Having propelled myself in a frontal, arc direction, his plight completely missed me as he flew past me as I felt the power of the Rasengan in his hand draw in the wind around me. Landing in his original position before he disappeared into the ground, I rapidly formed a single handseal, sending out chakra in the direction of the Hokage.
    If he could get out of this one, then I would acknowledge him as the real Hokage.
    I remember when I had learned this technique. In fact, it was from Kurenai-san herself, the master of Genjutsus. It was not long after Asuma's death when I found myself meeting his life's love at his very grave. That day, we had coincidentally arrived at the same time, both of us carrying a bouquet of the freshest daisies. Silence fell between us we set them both atop the grave, paying our respects to the man that had left an everlasting impact on our lives. The rain had fell heavily that day, but neither of us seemed to give a care.
    Oddly enough though, it was she that broke the silence, not I. "Do you know how I first felt when I heard the news, Shikamaru?" A simple sentence, yet it was enough to bring a torrent of painful memories back into my mind.
    Kurenai-san hadn't been there when Asuma passed away, but I could not deny that such an occurrence would have affected her so much more than me. After all, she knew things about him that I never would, and all in all, the child that she was bearing now was a clear symbol of that.
    I couldn't find the right words to respond to her question. I opened my mouth, yet nothing came out, and I found myself struggling to speak, a rarity for Naras.
    But then the world around me suddenly turned dark, and I could not see the grave before me, nor the memorial stone, and for a moment, I thought I had gone blind in a world of my own, where I could see nor care for anyone.
    However, the sound of pelting rain came to fill my ears once more as I felt someone's hand lay gently upon my shoulder. "A world of darkness. Where nothing mattered. You know what I'm speaking of, do you not, Shikamaru?"And I could only nod my reply...
    And that world of darkness it was. Snuffing out the eyes out of Minato Namikaze, I bent towards the ground, slamming it with one hand, sending Earth chakra throughout the ground directly beneath him, creating exactly ten spikes, about one meter wide each and reaching up to one meter tall.
    They were spread out in a circle directly beneath him, the radius four meters, the circumference of the entire circle from one side to the other measuring to up about eight meters. When gravity took hold of the Fourth Hokage, he would plummet right into the spikes at an acceleration of 9.8 meters per second.
    I'll confront him directly.
    Running towards him, I slid my hands into pocket, drawing out my chakra blades, running in the direction of the Hokage.
    ( Kokuangyo no Jutsu ) - Bringer-of-Darkness Technique
    Description: The user makes one handseal, causing the opponent to believe they have been trapped in a world of infinite darkness, where their sense of sight is useless. It is capable of affecting multiple targets within range. However, it does not negate their other senses.

(Doton: Ganchūsō) - Earth Release: Stone Spikes
    Chakra Cost: 15
    Damage Points: 30
    Description: This technique lets the user create a few rock pillars that will protrude from the ground to skew the target. The rock pillars will even pass through obstacles to reach their target.
    The Jutsu of his sons creation shining brightly in his hands minato now erupted from the earths surface causing debris to fly away into the surroundings. His momentum carried him further up into the air. While he was moving through the air an odd thing happened, the world before minato's eyes turned pitch black and he could no longer see the bright blue rasengan in his own hand. It was as if someone had switched off the only source of light in the room. He could still feel all his other senses working perfectly but the darkness before his eyes seemed absolute. Minato remembered the First Hokage's arsenal had a genjutsu which matched these symptoms. Minato was also sure that if this indeed was a genjutsu, shikamaru was hatching a plan behind the veil of darkness. In a split second as he reached the maximum height Minato made his decision and let the rasengan disperse as he pulled out his kunai and stabbed it into the shoulder injury he had received earlier, the pain cleared his view and he was clearly able to see the death trap shikamaru had set up for him, quickly concentrating the earth chakra in his gut he spits out a large slab of 2x2 meters as though he was vomiting directly below himself.

( Doton: Iwarin Heiban ) - Earth Release: Rock Scale Slab
    Chakra cost: 30
    Damage points: 60
    Description: The user will knead their earth chakra into their stomach and then release from their mouth earthly material that then forms into a large slab of rock, that can travel with incredible force. On impact with the ground the slab forces the earth to splinter and jab anyone caught in the vicinity.

Upon its formation Minato uses the slab as a stepping stone before pushing it down and jumping backward into the air away from the spiked trap and releasing a stream of air from his mouth using which he then lands at a safer location away from the spiked trap shikamaru created. Keeping his eyes on the incoming opponent (Shikamaru) Minato now removes his kunai and holds it at eye level.

(Fūton: Kaze Ogawa no Jutsu) - Wind Release: Wind Stream Technique
    Description: This technique allows the user to change direction in mid-air at high speeds by simply blowing wind out their mouth. The user can also use this technique by blowing it at the ground and causing a dust cloud to rise, concealing the users location and movement.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

They say...there is a moment where everything simply stops in battle. Perhaps for swordsmen, it is when their corresponding blades first clash, but for shinobis...it is when the eyes make contact.
    No, I found myself wrapped within a world's time that could never be replicated - much like that final moment, when the lighter left my hand, making contact with the explosive tags tied around that accursed Akatsuki.
    The gaze of Minato Namikaze was a fierce, yet passionate one. Before him, it seemed that everything, everything that I had gone through in my short life simply paled in comparison.
    Who was I to even attempt to understand the Fourth Hokage's responsibility and feelings? Who was I to stand before him, to consider myself a worthy shinobi?
    And my hands were shaking besides me, Asuma's chakra blades held so firmly, yet ready to fall from my weak grasp. I felt languid, enervated even, a torrent of incomprehensible feelings passing through me as I stared at the man before me.
    ...Shikamaru, weren't you to protect the king?
    I gasped involuntarily, though I knew it was only my own thoughts that could conjure such a reminder. And suddenly, the Fourth Hokage's eyes were not one of intimidation, but of beckoning. No, it was kind even, perhaps slightly playful.
    I had to prove my words. I had to prove my worthiness.
    I had to prove my Will of Fire.
    Or else, how could I ever face Asuma? How could I ever see Sensei's face once more, smile, and say, "I've done what you've asked, Asuma"?
    Conviction rekindled, I nodded ever so slightly at the Fourth Hokage as I charged chakra into my feet, bending my knees as I dashed towards him. Upon closer inspection, he held a kunai in his right hand (assuming it is the dominant one), currently placed at chest level.
    Sending a burst of chakra into Asuma's blades, I stepped forward with my right leg as I reached short range of the Hokage. With the momentum I had gathered from earlier. I flipped the chakra blade in my left hand so that the blade was facing sideways, allowing me to close my hand around it to create a fist. That very fist was aimed for Minato Namikaze's hand with the kunai, intending to knock it out of his grasp.
    However, at the same time, my right hand had been brought in an arc just reaching behind my left shoulder. At the same time as the punch, I executed a perfect 180 slash towards the Fourth Hokage's neck.
    "Hokage-sama..." The words came out softly. "How...how have you retained such a strong will?"
    The position of the Hokage.
    A position of fame, honor, and responsibility.
    No, it was not a place to be taken lightly. I could not even begin to imagine all the burden and pressure - I had found myself already crumbling with Asuma's death - how much more was the Hokage to bear? The entire village, was it not?
    Shikamaru...you have a long way to go...
    (Gangeki) - Rock Attack
    Chakra cost: N/A
    Damage points: 10
    Description: The user will strike their opponent with a strong punch to the chest

(Hien) - Flying Swallow
    Chakra Cost: 20
    Damage Points: 35
    Description: An addition-line technique that augments the killing power of a blade like a kunai or sword by flowing chakra into it. The materialised chakra is shaped like a blade, cutting up everything it touches. It is also possible to alter the attack range of the weapon by adjusting the amount of chakra put into the blade. Seeing through the movements is said to be a Herculean task. The density of the chakra is so high it becomes visible. It not only raises the power of the weapon, but simultaneously turns oneself into a blade as well. The chakra-enhanced blades are strong and sharp enough to strike through solid rock or cut through iron (C rank or below). The user slashes then in a fury of punches of a 18 hit combo.

2:15 for an idea of what chakra blades look like charged up.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burp...

They say...there is a moment where everything simply stops in battle. Perhaps for swordsmen, it is when their corresponding blades first clash, but for shinobis...it is when the eyes make contact.
    No, I found myself wrapped within a world's time that could never be replicated - much like that final moment, when the lighter left my hand, making contact with the explosive tags tied around that accursed Akatsuki.
    The gaze of Minato Namikaze was a fierce, yet passionate one. Before him, it seemed that everything, everything that I had gone through in my short life simply paled in comparison.
    Who was I to even attempt to understand the Fourth Hokage's responsibility and feelings? Who was I to stand before him, to consider myself a worthy shinobi?
    And my hands were shaking besides me, Asuma's chakra blades held so firmly, yet ready to fall from my weak grasp. I felt languid, enervated even, a torrent of incomprehensible feelings passing through me as I stared at the man before me.
    ...Shikamaru, weren't you to protect the king?
    I gasped involuntarily, though I knew it was only my own thoughts that could conjure such a reminder. And suddenly, the Fourth Hokage's eyes were not one of intimidation, but of beckoning. No, it was kind even, perhaps slightly playful.
    I had to prove my words. I had to prove my worthiness.
    I had to prove my Will of Fire.
    Or else, how could I ever face Asuma? How could I ever see Sensei's face once more, smile, and say, "I've done what you've asked, Asuma"?
    Conviction rekindled, I nodded ever so slightly at the Fourth Hokage as I charged chakra into my feet, bending my knees as I dashed towards him. Upon closer inspection, he held a kunai in his right hand (assuming it is the dominant one), currently placed at chest level.
    Sending a burst of chakra into Asuma's blades, I stepped forward with my right leg as I reached short range of the Hokage. With the momentum I had gathered from earlier. I flipped the chakra blade in my left hand so that the blade was facing sideways, allowing me to close my hand around it to create a fist. That very fist was aimed for Minato Namikaze's hand with the kunai, intending to knock it out of his grasp.
    However, at the same time, my right hand had been brought in an arc just reaching behind my left shoulder. At the same time as the punch, I executed a perfect 180 slash towards the Fourth Hokage's neck.
    "Hokage-sama..." The words came out softly. "How...how have you retained such a strong will?"
    The position of the Hokage.
    A position of fame, honor, and responsibility.
    No, it was not a place to be taken lightly. I could not even begin to imagine all the burden and pressure - I had found myself already crumbling with Asuma's death - how much more was the Hokage to bear? The entire village, was it not?
    Shikamaru...you have a long way to go...
    (Gangeki) - Rock Attack
    Damage points: 10
    Description: The user will strike their opponent with a strong punch to the chest

(Hien) - Flying Swallow
    Chakra Cost: 20
    Damage Points: 35
    Description: An addition-line technique that augments the killing power of a blade like a kunai or sword by flowing chakra into it. The materialised chakra is shaped like a blade, cutting up everything it touches. It is also possible to alter the attack range of the weapon by adjusting the amount of chakra put into the blade. Seeing through the movements is said to be a Herculean task. The density of the chakra is so high it becomes visible. It not only raises the power of the weapon, but simultaneously turns oneself into a blade as well. The chakra-enhanced blades are strong and sharp enough to strike through solid rock or cut through iron (C rank or below). The user slashes then in a fury of punches of a 18 hit combo.

2:15 for an idea of what chakra blades look like charged up.
    Minato's mind had gone blank. There were no thoughts in them. He neither enjoyed nor wished to spend so much time in a place where he did not belong. This fight was causing minato a lot of pain, not physically but mentally. He thought he had moulded his mind to not feel anything but the continuing crash of memories actually broke through his defenses. Now the only thing that Minato, the fourth fire-shadow of konoha desired was to return to the void where he belonged.
    But before he went he wanted to give shikamaru a final lesson. Since Minato felt that this kid, would one day become one of the best tactician the village has ever seen. So keeping that in mind Minato watched as Shikamaru entered into short range with chakra enhanced blades in both his hands. Minato remembered having seen the same blades in the hands of another shinobi, yes it was Asuma sarutobi. Minato also remembered them to be his favourite ninja tools. So Shikamaru had gotten the keepsakes of his sensie, just as naruto and he had got their summoning contract from Jiraiya sensie. Minato let out yet another sigh as a torrent of memories flooded his mind with Jiraiya sensie's name.
    Minato suddenly then transfered the kunai from his right hand to the left hand just before shikamaru moves ahead with his punch, and then intercepts the incoming punch between his right knee and right elbow.

(Kōsa Hō) – Intersection method
    Type: Defence
    Description: With this jutsu, the user is able to intercept and counter an oncoming taijutsu technique by raising the knee, and driving the elbow downwards at the same time. This catches the attacking limb between his two limbs, and drives the elbow down with great force, effectively shattering the bone.

At the same time Minato uses the kunai in his left hand to intercept the 180 deg slash from the chakra blade in your right hand, keeping it occupied just beyond the start of your 180 degrees a little bit away from your left shoulder. Once the bone in your left hand is broken, I believe the chakra blade in your left hand will drop from your fingers which must have gone limp. Minato then lowers his leg and forms a rotating orb of chakra in his right hand. He then slams the formed orb into the left side of your gut (your left side my right), sending you flying.

(Rasengan) - Spiral Sphere
    Description: Rasengan was a Ninjutsu technique developed over the span of three years by the Fourth Hokage. The technique was taught to his sensei Jiraiya, who then passed it on to the young ninja Naruto years later. The technique is unlike many other jutsu in that it does not require any hand seals. It just relied on the ninja's ability to mold chakra. The ninja concentrates a contained, fast, rotating sphere of chakra in the palm of their hand, which can create a destructive impact. Limit: None

Minato: "Worries are part of life shikamaru-kun, don't worry its just a small fracture it will correct itself. Now, I know it is asking too much but keep an eye on Naruto for me, will ya??"

Last edited by Anduril; 01-15-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

"Worries are part of life, Shikamaru-kun..."
    Minato Namikaze's voice was surprisingly young, yet they held an undeniable tone of exasperation, of a man who once upheld many burdens, and who likely still did.
    In a swift action, the kunai was transferred from his right hand into his left as his arm shifted into a 90 degree angle. It was without doubt, as the placement of his knee and his arm created a perfectly parallel conjunction that would intercept my punch as it came near and inflict some rather serious damage.
    I did not, in any way, wish to get caught up in such a dangerous set-up, so I drew back the punch slightly while at the exact same time, my left knee went up and collided against the Fourth Hokage's own, just applying enough pressure on his kneecap so that he wouldn't be able to lift it to complete the move.
    As this happened, I opened my hand, releasing it from its form as a fist into the shape of a perfectly flat palm so that the chakra blade lay down upon it. With just enough force, I raised it up in a manner not unlike a slap, targeting the bottom of his right elbow.
    "But don't worry...it's just a small fracture that will correct itself."
    Steel upon steel collided as he blocked my slash with his kunai - the pressure upon my left hand released as I saw him lower his hand behind him. His cloak flapped from the sheer power of the Rasengan as I realized with full intention that he intended to slam the jutsu upon me.
    Grimacing at the would-be results, I raised my left knee that was still collided with his own just high enough so that my foot could reach his bicep. From my already bent position, I charged chakra into the sole of my left foot, pushing off his leg, using the momentum to perform exactly two flips that distanced us both.
    Sliding across the ground, I slammed one hand upon it, sending a pillar of water into the air with the Fourth Hokage upon it, assuring that he would miss his Rasengan.
    While he was thrown off balance, I sent my earth chakra into the skies, creating a lid of Earth just large enough about five meters above him. Its circumference was just large enough so that when it crashed down upon him, it would miss me, however, given the angle in the sky, it blocked off quite the amount of sunlight.
    "Now, I know it is asking too much..." The Fourth Hokage seemed unfazed. "But keep an eye on Naruto for me, will you?"
    For a moment I was speechless, then I shrugged. "He is quite troublesome these days..." I mumbled as I stowed away my chakra blades. It seemed that the man wished to part soon. "But to be honest, with all this impending war, it seems like he's looking after us more than we are looking after him." I offered him a small, but honest smile. "I don't believe you need to worry about your son."
    (Shōshitsu) - Rising Knee
    Damage points: 15
    Description: The user will strike their opponent with an upwards thrust with their knee.

( Suiton: Mizu Hashira Suiryoku no Jutsu ) - Water Release: Water Pillar Thrust
    Description: The user will manipulate their chakra and then they create water to rise up from the ground beneath the target lifting them into the air.

(Doton: Otoshibuta) – Earth Release: Dropping Lid
    Range: Short-Long
    Description: The user creates a giant, boar-shaped, earthen lid high in the air that falls on the target, trapping them underneath.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burp...

"Worries are part of life, Shikamaru-kun..."
    Minato Namikaze's voice was surprisingly young, yet they held an undeniable tone of exasperation, of a man who once upheld many burdens, and who likely still did.
    In a swift action, the kunai was transferred from his right hand into his left as his arm shifted into a 90 degree angle. It was without doubt, as the placement of his knee and his arm created a perfectly parallel conjunction that would intercept my punch as it came near and inflict some rather serious damage.
    I did not, in any way, wish to get caught up in such a dangerous set-up, so I drew back the punch slightly while at the exact same time, my left knee went up and collided against the Fourth Hokage's own, just applying enough pressure on his kneecap so that he wouldn't be able to lift it to complete the move.
    As this happened, I opened my hand, releasing it from its form as a fist into the shape of a perfectly flat palm so that the chakra blade lay down upon it. With just enough force, I raised it up in a manner not unlike a slap, targeting the bottom of his right elbow.
    "But don't worry...it's just a small fracture that will correct itself."
    Steel upon steel collided as he blocked my slash with his kunai - the pressure upon my left hand released as I saw him lower his hand behind him. His cloak flapped from the sheer power of the Rasengan as I realized with full intention that he intended to slam the jutsu upon me.
    Grimacing at the would-be results, I raised my left knee that was still collided with his own just high enough so that my foot could reach his bicep. From my already bent position, I charged chakra into the sole of my left foot, pushing off his leg, using the momentum to perform exactly two flips that distanced us both.
    Sliding across the ground, I slammed one hand upon it, sending a pillar of water into the air with the Fourth Hokage upon it, assuring that he would miss his Rasengan.
    While he was thrown off balance, I sent my earth chakra into the skies, creating a lid of Earth just large enough about five meters above him. Its circumference was just large enough so that when it crashed down upon him, it would miss me, however, given the angle in the sky, it blocked off quite the amount of sunlight.
    "Now, I know it is asking too much..." The Fourth Hokage seemed unfazed. "But keep an eye on Naruto for me, will you?"
    For a moment I was speechless, then I shrugged. "He is quite troublesome these days..." I mumbled as I stowed away my chakra blades. It seemed that the man wished to part soon. "But to be honest, with all this impending war, it seems like he's looking after us more than we are looking after him." I offered him a small, but honest smile. "I don't believe you need to worry about your son."
    (Shō****su) - Rising Knee
    Damage points: 15
    Description: The user will strike their opponent with an upwards thrust with their knee.

( Suiton: Mizu Hashira Suiryoku no Jutsu ) - Water Release: Water Pillar Thrust
    Description: The user will manipulate their chakra and then they create water to rise up from the ground beneath the target lifting them into the air.

(Doton: Otoshibuta) – Earth Release: Dropping Lid
    Range: Short-Long
    Description: The user creates a giant, boar-shaped, earthen lid high in the air that falls on the target, trapping them underneath.

Minato was amazed to see how quickly shikamaru reacted to his moves. But all the same as Minato was distanced away from Shikamaru, a jet of water launched him into the air. As he was thrown into the air, a large amount of sunlight was blocked by a giant earth lid which formed above Minato's head. Looking up Minato saw the earthen lid that appeared above him. As he was being sent through the air Minato stretched his hands as he heard every word that shikamaru uttered.

"I'll take your word for it then shikamaru-kun!! Protect Konoha!!"

Smiling to himself then Minato started spinning around in mid-air rapidly as a giant dragons head was formed around him crackling with Minato's lightning style chakra and his rapid motion formed a wind current following his movement. The dragon then collided with the earthen lid shattering it to pieces. Minato then disappears with the dragon itself, leaving shikamaru to ponder.

(Raiton: Rairyu no Tatsumaki) - Lightning Release: Thunder Dragon Tornado
    Type: Offense
    Range: Short/Mid
    Description: The user forms a whirling vortex of wind and electricity around themselves. The vortex will take on the form of a dragon’s head and will cover the area in front of them. Even if the attack doesn't directly connect with his foe, the lightning can jump from the vortex to hit a nearby target.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post

Minato was amazed to see how quickly shikamaru reacted to his moves. But all the same as Minato was distanced away from Shikamaru, a jet of water launched him into the air. As he was thrown into the air, a large amount of sunlight was blocked by a giant earth lid which formed above Minato's head. Looking up Minato saw the earthen lid that appeared above him. As he was being sent through the air Minato stretched his hands as he heard every word that shikamaru uttered.

"I'll take your word for it then shikamaru-kun!! Protect Konoha!!"

Smiling to himself then Minato started spinning around in mid-air rapidly as a giant dragons head was formed around him crackling with Minato's lightning style chakra and his rapid motion formed a wind current following his movement. The dragon then collided with the earthen lid shattering it to pieces. Minato then disappears with the dragon itself, leaving shikamaru to ponder.

(Raiton: Rairyu no Tatsumaki) - Lightning Release: Thunder Dragon Tornado
    Type: Offense
    Range: Short/Mid
    Description: The user forms a whirling vortex of wind and electricity around themselves. The vortex will take on the form of a dragon’s head and will cover the area in front of them. Even if the attack doesn't directly connect with his foe, the lightning can jump from the vortex to hit a nearby target.
    "He left as mysteriously as he came..." The words left my mouth quietly as I shielded my eyes from the sun, watching Minato Namikaze, the Fourth Hokage, disappear into the distance. His words rang in my ears long after he was gone.
    木の葉を守る...Protect Konoha...
    And suddenly I found myself staring up in the magnificent branches of the tree that I thought had been long destroyed. Bits and pieces of chestnut fell on my face as I realized a squirrel was standing directly over me, staring down at me with beady eyes as it devoured its feast.
    The impassive look transformed into my usual irritated look as I stood up, chucking several kunais at the squirrel, chasing it away.
    Just odd another day...
    Standing up, I set my gaze into the horizon as I made my way back to the Nara household. Perhaps...we'll meet again someday, Minato Namikaze-sama.
    I exhaled heavily.
    After I've fulfilled my promise...
    Closed for grading.
    Good luck. I truly enjoyed this fight.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your every move, I know
    your every thought. I'm there
    from your birth and I'll see
    how you rot. I am your shadow,
    you shall never be free. Do
    you know me?

Ok, time to grade your test. As you know, each move will be graded from E-Rank to S-Rank, being that you need to average an A-Rank score to pass. Good luck!

Nice move, clean no mistakes here. Good view of the battle flow and good counter overall. Liked the RP touch and the analytical part. I grade this as top notch, S-Rank
    This one is ok. No real mistakes but also felt you could have done it a bit...dunno, a bit more effective in the offensive part. A-rank
    Again, nothing much here. A-Rank
    Same as above tbh. I felt that with different techniques you could have done a better job. Still, good move. A-Rank
    I liked the principle and the idea behind this one a lot. Really. S-Rank
    Good finishing move. Liked the RP feel and all. Good job. A-Rank

(6+5+5+5+6+5)/6=5,4= A-rank

A solid pass! Congratulations! For more details, talk to Kiritsugu, Vincent or Xylon. You are now a sensei. Orange and access to the hidden sensei section might take awhile though, since Nexus isn't available. But you can start teaching and give your data to the other mods to add to the sensei table. ^^ Welcome to the Team!