Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    Kaika Saisei 開花再生 Chatte's Avatar
    Status
    Chatte is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Here and there.
    Posts
    10,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.
     



    Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Well, as I was re-reading the manga for certain purposes, I got to this fight, from back of Part 1, between Sakura and Ino. And I remembered that their rivalry/friendship is just like Naruto's with Sasuke, as stated by Kakashi himself.



    Let's go a bit in time. As we know, Sakura and Ino rivalry arisen back in the days, for Sasuke's acknowledgement, as Ino herself remembers back in the Forest of Death situation.





    Well, similar, Naruto's rivalry with Sasuke was for popularity.


    Later on, in both Sakura and Ino's case as in Naruto and Sasuke's case, the rivalry turned into something more. Both Sakura wanted acknowledgement from Ino, as well as Naruto from Sasuke.

    If we go again back, with Sakura's and Ino's case...









    What does Sakura say? I wanted to be like you, you were my goal.

    Now, let's look at Naruto's case with Sasuke.






    What does he say? I always wanted to be like you, I aspired to be like you.

    Both Sakura and Naruto have looked for acknowledgement from their rivals and both their rivals didn't offered that to them in the beginning.

    Sakura's case with Ino.




    Naruto's case with Sasuke






    In the end, as we know, Sakura's battle with Ino, was a draw/tie and Ino finally acknowledged Sakura.





    What's interesting, is that, at the end of the battle, they were portrayed as their younger selves.


    And according to Kakashi, it all had to do with Sakura's inability to accept defeat and her inner desire to defeat her rival, Ino, which is as same as Naruto's with Sasuke situation, as Kakashi says.


    Now, based on all these similarities between the two rivalries and this panel


    My theory is that Naruto's and Sasuke's clash will be similar with Sakura's and Ino's clash given that at the end of their battle, both were portrayed as their younger selves and that, in the end, Sasuke will acknowledge Naruto as a rival same way Ino did with Sakura and in the end, the battle's result will be a tie, they will be friends, however, their teasing will always be the same, just as Sakura's friendship with Ino's.


    Meaning, they'll acknowledge themselves, their fight will be ended in a draw, they will be friends, however, each own with his path. To be honest, I don't see Sasuke returning to Konoha,especially after he did. Not that he wouldn't be redeemed, necessarily, as I am sure the circle of hatred will be ended, however, I see him wondering around the world with Taka. He has already made his own way, his own team, his own lifestyle.
    He'll just remember, acknowledge and never forget the bonds he has.

    So yeah, this was basically my theory for those who asked me to post it here on NB.

    Read, enjoy, comment but DON'T BASH! Any flaming attempt will be reported to the mods!
    Thank you!
     
         
    Last edited by Chatte; 01-12-2013 at 03:01 AM.

  2. #2
    Return of the Ring Lord of the Kings's Avatar
    Status
    Lord of the Kings is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Timeless hall
    Posts
    935
    Post Thanks / Like
    RESTORING THE ORDER
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    nope.They are equal that is a stable true
     
         

  3. #3
    YES! YES! YES! King Of Sharingan's Avatar
    Status
    King Of Sharingan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    I'm Somewhere Where Rain Lasts Forever!!!!!!
    Posts
    9,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feeling Some Serious Suckual
    Overtones Right About Now!!
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Nice theory Chatte...:}
     
         

  4. #4
    Senior Member Yusuke Urameshi's Avatar
    Status
    Yusuke Urameshi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hanging Neck Island
    Posts
    6,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    The point of this thread is lost somewhere in that wall of text and manga scans.
     
         

  5. #5
    Unilluminated Surpassed's Avatar
    Status
    Surpassed is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12,357
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    That was a nice read. I'd like for it to end that way with Sasuke and Naruto.
     
         

  6. #6
    Wangy's Oreo Yasuko Sayomi's Avatar
    Status
    Yasuko Sayomi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The second dimension to the left if you see Burger King you went too far
    Posts
    3,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    ***************
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    It's a nice theory. ^_^

    Then again, I have the feeling that at least one of them will die. I'll be disappointed if they both live.
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Status
    saw2097 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    At my place.
    Posts
    7,827
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am just that amazing.
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    I agree with you. I think Naruto and Sasuke survive but Sasuke can't return to the leaf just as you said. And it would be a way to end the series with Sasuke acknoledging Naruto as a rival and at the same time letting his hatred go.

    Plus I am begginning to hope that Kishi might do a sequel and it would be interesting to see both characters appear as adults.

    And most importantly of all Naruto said he can't be Hokage if he can't save his friend and with Kishi implying that Naruto will be Hokage in the end, well it makes sense that Naruto achieves his goal in the end.
     
         

  8. #8
    Kaika Saisei 開花再生 Chatte's Avatar
    Status
    Chatte is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Here and there.
    Posts
    10,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.
     



    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Kings View Post
    nope.They are equal that is a stable true
    Until manga is ended and there's no proven fact, your argument doesn't have a place here, sorry.
    Sasuke still hasn't acknowledged Naruto as his equal rival, as well as, their final clash hadn't taken place.

    Quote Originally Posted by King Of Sharingan View Post
    Nice theory Chatte...:}
    Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Yusuke Urameshi View Post
    The point of this thread is lost somewhere in that wall of text and manga scans.
    And the point to your statement is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
    That was a nice read. I'd like for it to end that way with Sasuke and Naruto.
    Thank you. My guess have been this way a long time since I saw that panel with them with their fingers interlaced, however, I didn't knew how to explain it.
    And after I re-read the manga and saw the premise of friendship and rivalry between Ino and Sakura, I reminded myself it's the same as Naruto's with Sasuke, only a watered down version, since Naruto's and Sasuke's are more complex, however, the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yasuko Sayomi View Post
    It's a nice theory. ^_^

    Then again, I have the feeling that at least one of them will die. I'll be disappointed if they both live.
    Thank you!
    Hmm, dunno what to say about this, I incline on a side to think Sasuke will die considering how many times he escaped death compared to Naruto, but then again, this would interfere with Naruto's goal to save his friend....

    Quote Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
    I agree with you. I think Naruto and Sasuke survive but Sasuke can't return to the leaf just as you said. And it would be a way to end the series with Sasuke acknoledging Naruto as a rival and at the same time letting his hatred go.

    Plus I am begginning to hope that Kishi might do a sequel and it would be interesting to see both characters appear as adults.

    And most importantly of all Naruto said he can't be Hokage if he can't save his friend and with Kishi implying that Naruto will be Hokage in the end, well it makes sense that Naruto achieves his goal in the end.
    I honestly don't see him returning to the left no matter how much he has been redeemed considering the fact he, indeed, has his own life now. Sasuke having his own path and Naruto dragging him back home would be a little selfish from Naruto's parth.
    However, saving him from the hatred/darkness but letting him go with his life would both accomplish Naruto's goal to save his friend, as well as Sasuke's desire to have a life on his own.
     
         
    Last edited by Chatte; 01-12-2013 at 03:09 AM.

  9. #9
    Legendary Sannin Resurrected Orochimaru's Avatar
    Status
    Resurrected Orochimaru is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    I wish I knew.
    Posts
    970
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Nice thread, I could see that happening.
     
         

  10. #10
    Banned
    Status
    Nub is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Kakashi never said that Sasuke and Naruto's rivalry are like Ino and Sakura's in this panel

    He was trying to say that rivalries are a weird thing hence why he looks at guy sensei after stating that.
     
         

  11. #11
    ~Team Taka~ UchihaBrothers's Avatar
    Status
    UchihaBrothers is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hanging out with Team Taka.
    Posts
    7,725
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a war in my mind.
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Awesome thread!!! I agree with everything:D
     
         

  12. #12
    Kaika Saisei 開花再生 Chatte's Avatar
    Status
    Chatte is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Here and there.
    Posts
    10,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.
     



    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Resurrected Orochimaru View Post
    Nice thread, I could see that happening.
    Thanks, mee too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nub View Post
    Kakashi never said that Sasuke and Naruto's rivalry are like Ino and Sakura's in this panel

    He was trying to say that rivalries are a weird thing hence why he looks at guy sensei after stating that.
    I think I proved by many manga scans that actually their rivalry is quite the same.
    Why he acts the same with Sasuke is equal why Sakura acted the same with Ino. It's called a bit of logic and comprehension.

    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaBrothers View Post
    Awesome thread!!! I agree with everything:D
    Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!
     
         

  13. #13
    Love is the Key Nami Usagi's Avatar
    Status
    Nami Usagi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Guess?
    Posts
    942
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dream by night. Wish by day.
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    That makes a lot of sense.
    Nice theory

    I wish I had your brains.... -_-
     
         

  14. #14
    Servant of Lord Sasuke Ldude's Avatar
    Status
    Ldude is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Under a rock somewhere in Antarctica.
    Posts
    6,024
    Post Thanks / Like
    I put the dying in studying
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    This is actually a great theory. Nicely done, and *****. However, I have a different opinion of the final outcome of their battle, within reason of course. While I do agree that they will probably tie, as Kishimoto has stated that they will be equals, their opinions may differ from Sakura's and Ino's.



    Sasuke was perfectly ready to kill Naruto. The only reason he didn't was because Orochimaru stepped in and told Sasuke to let him live. Sasuke's already broken his bonds with Naruto, and their current situation doesn't look too great either...



    And he was on his way to kill Naruto, though he had a delay with Kabuto and Orochimaru.
    I don't really think anything will happen between now and then to reattach their bonds and change Sasuke's mind. Sasuke just wants revenge.
     
         

  15. #15
    Kaika Saisei 開花再生 Chatte's Avatar
    Status
    Chatte is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Here and there.
    Posts
    10,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.
     



    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Nami Usagi View Post
    That makes a lot of sense.
    Nice theory

    I wish I had your brains.... -_-
    Thank you!
    Ah, it's nothing too brainiac, lol, just a little connections here and there, logic, comprehension and result.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ldude View Post
    This is actually a great theory. Nicely done, and *****. However, I have a different opinion of the final outcome of their battle, within reason of course. While I do agree that they will probably tie, as Kishimoto has stated that they will be equals, their opinions may differ from Sakura's and Ino's.



    Sasuke was perfectly ready to kill Naruto. The only reason he didn't was because Orochimaru stepped in and told Sasuke to let him live. Sasuke's already broken his bonds with Naruto, and their current situation doesn't look too great either...



    And he was on his way to kill Naruto, though he had a delay with Kabuto and Orochimaru.
    I don't really think anything will happen between now and then to reattach their bonds and change Sasuke's mind. Sasuke just wants revenge.
    Thank you, hun!
    Well, yes, I agree with you up to a certain extent. The thing is, that Sasuke already has gone in a sort of quest to find his own answers with Oro, hence the "What is a Shinobi, What is a village, what is a clan, etc". I think that this is the breaking point where Sasuke won't be that darkened by hatred.
    In my opinion, would end similar to Sakura/Ino's end because this way, the circle of hatred would be broken, however, their personalities and wishes will be as well fulfilled.
    Meaning, yes, they will acknowledge themselves and all that, however, the teasing will always be there, as it still is In Sakura's and Ino's case after all those years.
    But then again, you could be right. As we know, Kishi likes the drama and complexity. It can go your way as well.
    Mine was guessed based on what the patterns I found on the manga.
     
         

  16. #16
    Member narutonish's Avatar
    Status
    narutonish is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    213
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    I agree with this, sasuke will be redeemed somehow ... and his re-assessment of the situation by meeting the "ones who know everything" kinda re-affirms it. Also, there will be a final "friendly" battle between naruto and sasuke.
     
         

  17. #17
    Kaika Saisei 開花再生 Chatte's Avatar
    Status
    Chatte is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Here and there.
    Posts
    10,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.
     



    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by narutonish View Post
    I agree with this, sasuke will be redeemed somehow ... and his re-assessment of the situation by meeting the "ones who know everything" kinda re-affirms it. Also, there will be a final "friendly" battle between naruto and sasuke.
    Well, it might not be as friendly as expected, as Ino's with Sakura wasn't quite friendly. They were hardly teasing themselves. However, at the end, Sasuke will probably acknowledge Naruto as his equal, the same way Ino did with Sakura. I really find similarities behind these two.

    Anyway, so this way, the circle of hatred, as I said, it's going to be broken.
     
         

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Status
    saw2097 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    At my place.
    Posts
    7,827
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am just that amazing.
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    The more I think about it the more I like it. It would be a good way to end the series.
     
         

  19. #19
    Kaika Saisei 開花再生 Chatte's Avatar
    Status
    Chatte is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Here and there.
    Posts
    10,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.
     



    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
    The more I think about it the more I like it. It would be a good way to end the series.
    Heheh, thanks! ^_^
    Yeah, well, all the negative parts would be resolved as well as each of them will have their wish come true. And I think Naruto finally starts to acknowledge that besides the darkness thing, Sasuke already has a life of his own that needs to be respected, since from "I'll take you back to Konoha" has been turned into "I'll save you from darkness and I'll bear your burden". In the end, he wants to save him, but respects his wish of not coming back to Konoha.
    And in the end, it's understandable considering Sasuke's situation. His family was murdered there. I wouldn't want to live in such a place who's reminding me of my clan's massacre either.
    So I think that up to the end, Naruto and Sasuke will truly get to understand each other, respect each other and live each other's lives, independently, however, in light and with a strong bond.
     
         

  20. #20
    ~Zonta~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Zonta~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,358
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    theory was very nicely put but I do differ on some of the points about naruto v/s sasuke ...
    Since Ino v/s Sakura was due to their infatuation and love about Sasuke moreover neither were trying to kill or save each other........ IMO it was a friendly fight just like naruo and konohamaru are rivals for the seat of hokage.....
    As for naruto and sasuke, sasuke is going for the kill he might kill naruto in an instant inorder to get his revenge on leaf but as for naruto he will not kill sasuke at any cost... naruto does wants to acknowledge by sasuke but more importantly it is for sakura's happiness......
    Even if Naruto v/s Sasuke ends up like Ino v/s Sakura do u think leaf or shinobi alliance will accept all the wrong deeds done by sasuke and let him become hero... i might say sakura, ino and naruto will accept surely him but m not sure about others since naurto considers him as brother; sakura and ino being fangirls will just be happy to have sasuke-sama-kun to be with them..........
     
         

  21. #21
    Member KiraGirl K's Avatar
    Status
    KiraGirl K is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    896
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Hum... if I understood you right your point is that

    Sakura and Ino ended their battle by acknowledging each other as a rival.
    The same way Sasuke and Naruto will do it.

    Well that could be the case, indeed.

    But I think lots of people can imagine this also to happen without linking or even knowing about the rivalry/friendship of Ino and Sakura.
    This is a common way how a Japanese Shounen Manga is explaning the antagonism of friendship and rivalry.

    Excuse me I really don't get the point of this thread, therefore.
     
         

  22. #22
    Member narutonish's Avatar
    Status
    narutonish is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    213
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Chatte View Post
    Well, it might not be as friendly as expected, as Ino's with Sakura wasn't quite friendly. They were hardly teasing themselves. However, at the end, Sasuke will probably acknowledge Naruto as his equal, the same way Ino did with Sakura. I really find similarities behind these two.

    Anyway, so this way, the circle of hatred, as I said, it's going to be broken.
    Yes and that is the point and I completely agree. Although bringing Sakura and Ino was completely wrong. Their rivalry was of two spoiled teenage *****es and here we have a boy who grew up without any friends and another who got his family murdered in front of his eyes by his brother.

    The relation between two rivalries is completely different and shows your lack of character insight. Or you just want to bring up female ninjas for no apparent reason ?

    Also as far as acknowledgement goes, every ninja in the naruto series is hellbent on getting acknowledged if you read the manga... so its nothing new. Therefore, just saying the rivalries are similar because of that, is lame.

    That is all.
     
         
    Last edited by narutonish; 01-12-2013 at 07:17 PM.

  23. #23
    Kaika Saisei 開花再生 Chatte's Avatar
    Status
    Chatte is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Here and there.
    Posts
    10,375
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.
     



    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by swapnil5843 View Post
    theory was very nicely put but I do differ on some of the points about naruto v/s sasuke ...
    Since Ino v/s Sakura was due to their infatuation and love about Sasuke moreover neither were trying to kill or save each other........ IMO it was a friendly fight just like naruo and konohamaru are rivals for the seat of hokage.....
    As for naruto and sasuke, sasuke is going for the kill he might kill naruto in an instant inorder to get his revenge on leaf but as for naruto he will not kill sasuke at any cost... naruto does wants to acknowledge by sasuke but more importantly it is for sakura's happiness......
    Even if Naruto v/s Sasuke ends up like Ino v/s Sakura do u think leaf or shinobi alliance will accept all the wrong deeds done by sasuke and let him become hero... i might say sakura, ino and naruto will accept surely him but m not sure about others since naurto considers him as brother; sakura and ino being fangirls will just be happy to have sasuke-sama-kun to be with them..........
    Thank you for your opinion, nevertheless.
    However, the reason I brought them two is, because, fundamentally, both rivalries are the same, have the same basics.
    See, Naruto vs. Konohamaru isn't the rivalry both Ino and Sakura/ Sasuke and Naruto had. They are based on acknowledgement problems. This is where the common point weights. Naruto already accepted Konohamaru as his rival, indeed, however, he acknowledged him, thing that, in both parties, at the beginning, it wasn't the matter.
    Now, regarding Naruto vs. Sasuke, remember that Naruto will kill Sasuke if it needs be. He said they're both going to die. So he won't be holding back.
    As for the end, that's why I said it he won't be returning to Konoha. The circle of hatred will be broken as Sasuke will be forgiven, the others won't be looking for revenge on him. For reference, re-read the Pein Arc, as well as, The Kage summit arc when Naruto goes to talk to Raikage to ask for forgiveness for Sasuke, preaching him about the fact that if they will go after him, a new circle of hatred will be born and it will never end.
    Also, the beginning of the circle breaking has been done by Gaara when he asked them "When did you last have forsaken yourselves?" as in, when did you let go of your egoes last time? Replace the ego with revenge, and you'll see where it leads.
    Hope I got you to understand the message.

    Quote Originally Posted by KiraGirl K View Post
    Hum... if I understood you right your point is that

    Sakura and Ino ended their battle by acknowledging each other as a rival.
    The same way Sasuke and Naruto will do it.

    Well that could be the case, indeed.

    But I think lots of people can imagine this also to happen without linking or even knowing about the rivalry/friendship of Ino and Sakura.
    This is a common way how a Japanese Shounen Manga is explaning the antagonism of friendship and rivalry.

    Excuse me I really don't get the point of this thread, therefore.
    That is the base case. Of course, Sasuke's and Naruto's one is a bit more complicated as it is the typical shonen manga, like you said, with antagonism of friendship and rivalry.

    However, the point here was that, via Sakura and Ino's fight, we have an answer of how Kishi will end Naruto's and Sasuke's.

    We know he is a master of foreshadowing.

    Proof? The most recent one... Neji's.
    How he died impaled by spikes, same as back in Part 1.

    Quote Originally Posted by narutonish View Post
    Yes and that is the point and I completely agree. Although bringing Sakura and Ino was completely wrong. Their rivalry was of two spoiled teenage *****es and here we have a boy who grew up without any friends and another who got his family murdered in front of his eyes by his brother.

    The relation between two rivalries is completely different and shows your lack of character insight. Or you just want to bring up female ninjas for no apparent reason ?

    Also as far as acknowledgement goes, every ninja in the naruto series is hellbent on getting acknowledged if you read the manga... so its nothing new. Therefore, just saying the rivalries are similar because of that, is lame.

    That is all.
    No, it wasn't wrong. It seems you don't understand as a whole. Sakura's and Ino's rivalry was like an answer to how Naruto's battle with Sasuke will go.
    And excuse me, but calling them teenage *****es, who one, they happened to be pre-teen, they had 12 years old, and their rivalry started somewhere around, in my guess, 7-10 years old, won't help your cause.
    I do not tolerate bashful language towards any of the characters. It seems you must have missed that last bolded part.
    And how comes popularity is something unspoiled? Very insightful of you, indeed. If you consider popularity mature, then, what can I say, whatever floats your boat.
    Of course Sasuke's with Naruto's rivalry got even deeper. They're the protagonists of the manga, this is what keeps continuing, however, the basis for both rivalries/friendships were the same. That's what makes the two cases different than the others.
    And if it's lame, why did you exactly came into this thread? I don't go on lame threads and post in a bashful behavior, if I don't like it.
    So, next time, you might want to reconsider your language, please. This is not one of those threads where you can talk however you want, such as in a disrespectful/bashing manner. I do not tolerate this. If you are willing to behave in such a way, there are a lot of other threads like the type you're looking for, thank you!
     
         

  24. #24
    Criscon Scarecrow James's Avatar
    Status
    Scarecrow James is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ellerbe, N.C
    Posts
    234
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    damn thats a big forehead. I think Sasuke is a good guy and hes just playing a master plan he created. Kill Danzo to avenge family but reality he saves Naruto from Danzo and the village from his wicked schemes stops the edos and maybe he might kill the elders. Fight Naruto and die by Naruto's hand in an attempt to redeem himself and save the world like the guy from that one anime with the eye power that can give people orders. (didn't want to spoil)

    Sasuke is the hero not that Konoha needs but the one that they deserve.
     
         

  25. #25
    Member narutonish's Avatar
    Status
    narutonish is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    213
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Chatte View Post
    Thank you for your opinion, nevertheless.
    However, the reason I brought them two is, because, fundamentally, both rivalries are the same, have the same basics.
    See, Naruto vs. Konohamaru isn't the rivalry both Ino and Sakura/ Sasuke and Naruto had. They are based on acknowledgement problems. This is where the common point weights. Naruto already accepted Konohamaru as his rival, indeed, however, he acknowledged him, thing that, in both parties, at the beginning, it wasn't the matter.
    Now, regarding Naruto vs. Sasuke, remember that Naruto will kill Sasuke if it needs be. He said they're both going to die. So he won't be holding back.
    As for the end, that's why I said it he won't be returning to Konoha. The circle of hatred will be broken as Sasuke will be forgiven, the others won't be looking for revenge on him. For reference, re-read the Pein Arc, as well as, The Kage summit arc when Naruto goes to talk to Raikage to ask for forgiveness for Sasuke, preaching him about the fact that if they will go after him, a new circle of hatred will be born and it will never end.
    Also, the beginning of the circle breaking has been done by Gaara when he asked them "When did you last have forsaken yourselves?" as in, when did you let go of your egoes last time? Replace the ego with revenge, and you'll see where it leads.
    Hope I got you to understand the message.



    That is the base case. Of course, Sasuke's and Naruto's one is a bit more complicated as it is the typical shonen manga, like you said, with antagonism of friendship and rivalry.

    However, the point here was that, via Sakura and Ino's fight, we have an answer of how Kishi will end Naruto's and Sasuke's.

    We know he is a master of foreshadowing.

    Proof? The most recent one... Neji's.
    How he died impaled by spikes, same as back in Part 1.



    No, it wasn't wrong. It seems you don't understand as a whole. Sakura's and Ino's rivalry was like an answer to how Naruto's battle with Sasuke will go.
    And excuse me, but calling them teenage *****es, who one, they happened to be pre-teen, they had 12 years old, and their rivalry started somewhere around, in my guess, 7-10 years old, won't help your cause.
    I do not tolerate bashful language towards any of the characters. It seems you must have missed that last bolded part.
    And how comes popularity is something unspoiled? Very insightful of you, indeed. If you consider popularity mature, then, what can I say, whatever floats your boat.
    Of course Sasuke's with Naruto's rivalry got even deeper. They're the protagonists of the manga, this is what keeps continuing, however, the basis for both rivalries/friendships were the same. That's what makes the two cases different than the others.
    And if it's lame, why did you exactly came into this thread? I don't go on lame threads and post in a bashful behavior, if I don't like it.
    So, next time, you might want to reconsider your language, please. This is not one of those threads where you can talk however you want, such as in a disrespectful/bashing manner. I do not tolerate this. If you are willing to behave in such a way, there are a lot of other threads like the type you're looking for, thank you!
    Good way to dodge everything I said.

    I just said the word ***** and you started preaching about my language. I am sorry but thats what the girls having that attitude are called. They didnt see anything but Sasuke, sasuke and more sasuke. I am sure you might remember their attitude towards any non sasuke character ?

    And I never said the thread is lame. I only said your core reasoning was lame because it was a common trait among all the characters in this series and cant be used as a distinguishing factor.

    Also, whats this "I wont tolerate" stuff ?? I never bashed or flamed anyone, just voicing my opinion. Wow some people do get butthurt easily dont they ?

    Basically you just want members to say - "yes, yes you are correct"
     
         
    Last edited by narutonish; 01-13-2013 at 01:00 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •