Page 2 of 2 « First 12
Results 26 to 34 of 34
  1. #26
    Beast Bijuu13's Avatar
    Status
    Bijuu13 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,528
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Yusuke Urameshi View Post
    The point of this thread is lost somewhere in that wall of text and manga scans.
    This .. But i didnt get mad because its not like Ino and Sakura are important anyway lol
     
         

  2. #27
    Kaika Saisei 開花再生 Chatte's Avatar
    Status
    Chatte is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Here and there.
    Posts
    10,367
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.
     



    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow James View Post
    damn thats a big forehead. I think Sasuke is a good guy and hes just playing a master plan he created. Kill Danzo to avenge family but reality he saves Naruto from Danzo and the village from his wicked schemes stops the edos and maybe he might kill the elders. Fight Naruto and die by Naruto's hand in an attempt to redeem himself and save the world like the guy from that one anime with the eye power that can give people orders. (didn't want to spoil)

    Sasuke is the hero not that Konoha needs but the one that they deserve.
    Well, dunno what to say about that, that's not the portrayal Kishi is doing, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by narutonish View Post
    Good way to dodge everything I said.

    I just said the word ***** and you started preaching about my language. I am sorry but thats what the girls having that attitude are called. They didnt see anything but Sasuke, sasuke and more sasuke. I am sure you might remember their attitude towards any non sasuke character ?

    And I never said the thread is lame. I only said your core reasoning was lame because it was a common trait among all the characters in this series and cant be used as a distinguishing factor.

    Also, whats this "I wont tolerate" stuff ?? I never bashed or flamed anyone, just voicing my opinion. Wow some people do get butthurt easily dont they ?

    Basically you just want members to say - "yes, yes you are correct"
    Who told you I was dodging? What are we playing here, softball and I need to dodge a ball?
    Yes, you said the word ***** and I did preach about your language because I don't find it tolerable.
    And no, girls at that are are called immature or childish, not *****es.
    I am sure that you know to what the term of ***** is referring to, right? I don't need to go "schooling" around, right?
    I remember everything in part 1, don't worry. And I recall pretty good that they have changed by the end of part 1.
    However, the difference between me and you is the language.
    Common trait that had a difference from the others and something similar to Sasuke's and Naruto's own story of rivalry. Simple.
    Don't you know what "I won't tolerate" means? I said no bashing or flaming towards the discussed characters, as simple as that. What's hard to understand?
    Don't know by what people you surround yourself and what kind of behavior they tolerate, but if others tolerate such disrespectful mannerism, that doesn't mean I have to. Period.
    This is a debate where I want to discuss with people, share opinions in a respectable manner. Meaning, talking respectable. Don't feel capable of it, fine, you can move forward.
    And I don't get butthurt and want people to say I am correct. If you notice, others have disagreed with me, however, they have exposed their opinion in a respectable language.
    That's the difference between you and them.
    But I am sure you acknowledged that by now.
    But we need a little drama, of course.
     
         

  3. #28
    ~Zonta~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Zonta~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,358
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Chatte View Post
    Thank you for your opinion, nevertheless.
    However, the reason I brought them two is, because, fundamentally, both rivalries are the same, have the same basics.
    See, Naruto vs. Konohamaru isn't the rivalry both Ino and Sakura/ Sasuke and Naruto had. They are based on acknowledgement problems. This is where the common point weights. Naruto already accepted Konohamaru as his rival, indeed, however, he acknowledged him, thing that, in both parties, at the beginning, it wasn't the matter.
    Now, regarding Naruto vs. Sasuke, remember that Naruto will kill Sasuke if it needs be. He said they're both going to die. So he won't be holding back.
    As for the end, that's why I said it he won't be returning to Konoha. The circle of hatred will be broken as Sasuke will be forgiven, the others won't be looking for revenge on him. For reference, re-read the Pein Arc, as well as, The Kage summit arc when Naruto goes to talk to Raikage to ask for forgiveness for Sasuke, preaching him about the fact that if they will go after him, a new circle of hatred will be born and it will never end.
    Also, the beginning of the circle breaking has been done by Gaara when he asked them "When did you last have forsaken yourselves?" as in, when did you let go of your egoes last time? Replace the ego with revenge, and you'll see where it leads.
    Hope I got you to understand the message.
    cycle of hatred if you put it in that way i can say i agree with u r point sasuke might be forgiven since one pleading for his forgiveness will the savior of the world Naruto Uzumaki and Tsunade, gara will surely support naruto on this also considering sasuke helped Itachi in ending the edo tensei so may be u r right..... but as for Naruro v/s sasuke fight sasuke will go kill and naruto will go all out but will not kill sasuke even if he ends up dieing... mark my words naruo will not go for kill..... i can prove it if u want....
    Sasuke will not wonder with taka but he will return to konoha since Naruto promised Sakura that he will bring sasuke back for her no matter what so i don't see it ending the way u mentioned ...... Team 7 will be reunited and will work together along with sai which will make every one happy on team 7 espicially sakura and kakashi...... since kakashi will have his favorite student back and sakura will have her love of life back......
     
         

  4. #29
    Banned
    Status
    fayeon is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,934
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not studying i am free
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Sakura surpassed ino and naruto surpassed sasuke i think

    Nice thread people like you make nb better
     
         

  5. #30
    Member Wik's Avatar
    Status
    Wik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    I really like this thread. And there is a reason to why "really" is bold here. I do agree with all your points but at least in my opinion you missed a changing factor. One that will change the entire outcome of the story I think.

    I really should put a little more time on this theory before I present it, but I am honestly lazy and this thread got me going.

    Sasuke-Naruto and Sakura-Ino are exactly the same. But at the same time the complete opposite of eachother.

    It all began in Sasuke and Narutos childhoods. Instead of Sakura and Inos safe enviroments with loving parents these guys grew up by themselves. While Sakura and Ino actually became friends Sasuke and Naruto were simply happy that they weren't the only one who was suffering. They weren't the only one alone.

    But so far things were going well in both rivalries, even though they beat eachother up in Ino and Sakuras case, Naruto and Sasuke were taunting eachother calling the other one coward, so far so good. Sasuke even acknowledged ( Here I found a little flaw in your theory Chatte) Naruto before the preliminaries of the Chuunin exam and I'd say this is where naruto and Sasuke were the closest thing to friends that they ever were. Untill the divide.

    So I pointed at Narusasu's childhood earlier and the reason for that, is that at this point in the story both their childhood catches up to them. Sasuke finds his brother and Naruto finds out a powerful criminial organisation is after the demon sealed inside of him. And this is where I think that hate is for the first time introduced. Sasukes brother is more interested in naruto then he is interested in Sasuke. It's first after this moment that Sasuke really starts to get angry of how naruto has evolved, before this he was more amazed and surprised, much like Ino is with sakura's progress.

    Ok, so I've been rambling on for a while now and I have no clue if this will make sense to anyone but me as I've been thinking of this alot but not enough in my own opinion, so what's my conclusion with this?

    TLdr.

    Sakura and Ino represent a healthy rivalry.

    their rivalry stretches as far as yelling things and trying to beat eachother in competitions.
    They both have healthy childhoods and no major traumatic experiences.(at least compared to the rest of the narutoverse.)
    After the Chuunin exams where they tied they managed to evolve their "pure rivalry" to once again include their old friendship.

    Naruto and Sasuke represent the unhealthy rivalry.

    They have been battling to seriously injure eachother, threatened to kill eachother and sasuke even made an attempt at Narutos life
    They both have troubled childhoods and are both acustomed to anger, hate and loneliness
    After their "peak" at the chuunin exams their rivalry escalated and took an enourmous turn in the wrong direction. Instead of becoming more alike like Ino and Sakura they became more different. Sasuke trying to set the world in flames with his hatred and Naruto tying to bring the world peace by taking on everyones hatred by himself. The word hate here is the main word of their rivalry.

    This makes me draw the conclusion that both rivalries will end the same way but once again opposite. One happy one sad. Naruto and Sasuke will both fight it out, tie and both will die.
     
         

  6. #31
    Wisdom and Courage Honord Sage's Avatar
    Status
    Honord Sage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ocala, Florida
    Posts
    13,412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Wik View Post
    I really like this thread. And there is a reason to why "really" is bold here. I do agree with all your points but at least in my opinion you missed a changing factor. One that will change the entire outcome of the story I think.

    I really should put a little more time on this theory before I present it, but I am honestly lazy and this thread got me going.

    Sasuke-Naruto and Sakura-Ino are exactly the same. But at the same time the complete opposite of eachother.

    It all began in Sasuke and Narutos childhoods. Instead of Sakura and Inos safe enviroments with loving parents these guys grew up by themselves. While Sakura and Ino actually became friends Sasuke and Naruto were simply happy that they weren't the only one who was suffering. They weren't the only one alone.

    But so far things were going well in both rivalries, even though they beat eachother up in Ino and Sakuras case, Naruto and Sasuke were taunting eachother calling the other one coward, so far so good. Sasuke even acknowledged ( Here I found a little flaw in your theory Chatte) Naruto before the preliminaries of the Chuunin exam and I'd say this is where naruto and Sasuke were the closest thing to friends that they ever were. Untill the divide.

    So I pointed at Narusasu's childhood earlier and the reason for that, is that at this point in the story both their childhood catches up to them. Sasuke finds his brother and Naruto finds out a powerful criminial organisation is after the demon sealed inside of him. And this is where I think that hate is for the first time introduced. Sasukes brother is more interested in naruto then he is interested in Sasuke. It's first after this moment that Sasuke really starts to get angry of how naruto has evolved, before this he was more amazed and surprised, much like Ino is with sakura's progress.

    Ok, so I've been rambling on for a while now and I have no clue if this will make sense to anyone but me as I've been thinking of this alot but not enough in my own opinion, so what's my conclusion with this?

    TLdr.

    Sakura and Ino represent a healthy rivalry.

    their rivalry stretches as far as yelling things and trying to beat eachother in competitions.
    They both have healthy childhoods and no major traumatic experiences.(at least compared to the rest of the narutoverse.)
    After the Chuunin exams where they tied they managed to evolve their "pure rivalry" to once again include their old friendship.

    Naruto and Sasuke represent the unhealthy rivalry.

    They have been battling to seriously injure eachother, threatened to kill eachother and sasuke even made an attempt at Narutos life
    They both have troubled childhoods and are both acustomed to anger, hate and loneliness
    After their "peak" at the chuunin exams their rivalry escalated and took an enourmous turn in the wrong direction. Instead of becoming more alike like Ino and Sakura they became more different. Sasuke trying to set the world in flames with his hatred and Naruto tying to bring the world peace by taking on everyones hatred by himself. The word hate here is the main word of their rivalry.

    This makes me draw the conclusion that both rivalries will end the same way but once again opposite. One happy one sad. Naruto and Sasuke will both fight it out, tie and both will die.
    Naruto will not die,Sasuke will be defeated by Naruto, they may never again be friends but Sasuke will acknowledge Naruto as His superior,it jut that a Sasuke defeat may cause Sasuke to run off with Orochimaru to gain more power to fight Naruto at a future date, this may lead to a time skip were both opponents are men in their 20 or 30 fully power up and fully develop in all their powers and abilities.
     
         

  7. #32
    Member Wik's Avatar
    Status
    Wik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Honord Sage View Post
    Naruto will not die,Sasuke will be defeated by Naruto, they may never again be friends but Sasuke will acknowledge Naruto as His superior,it jut that a Sasuke defeat may cause Sasuke to run off with Orochimaru to gain more power to fight Naruto at a future date, this may lead to a time skip were both opponents are men in their 20 or 30 fully power up and fully develop in all their powers and abilities.
    Is this based on anything or is it just what you want to happen?
     
         

  8. #33
    Wisdom and Courage Honord Sage's Avatar
    Status
    Honord Sage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ocala, Florida
    Posts
    13,412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Wik View Post
    Is this based on anything or is it just what you want to happen?
    Sasuke is not the Hero and this is a traditional story by Kishi not a gothic novel like you and others want it to be in traditional stories The Hero wins not the villain and it's not a Greek Tragedy were both side lose their life,signifying the futility of life and the one true ending death. No this is a Good VS Evil story.
     
         

  9. #34
    Member Wik's Avatar
    Status
    Wik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Rivalry. Sakura -> Ino <=> Naruto -> Sasuke

    Quote Originally Posted by Honord Sage View Post
    Sasuke is not the Hero and this is a traditional story by Kishi not a gothic novel like you and others want it to be in traditional stories The Hero wins not the villain and it's not a Greek Tragedy were both side lose their life,signifying the futility of life and the one true ending death. No this is a Good VS Evil story.
    Sorry bro but this isn't what I WANT to happen this is what I think will happen. It's based on observations I've made and they might not be correct but it's a theory.

    What you say has a few problems, for example.
    -Sasuke is not built up like a villain from the stories you talk about.
    -He was not "evil" from the beggining.
    -He isn't even "truely" evil now depending on what perspective you look at it.
    -Many times Sasuke is made to be a "dark hero" for example he often beats up "pure villains".
    He is "friends" with the main hero.

    This is not how traditional good vs Evil stories are usually told. In other words I don't think you should be yapping your mouth about things that WILL happen when you really don't have a clue about what will happen. You are of course free to speculate about what MIGHT happen, what you THINK might happen or what you WANT to happen but as long as you are not Kishi or have a source for your statements don't act like that.
     
         

Page 2 of 2 « First 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •