Member True Power Incarnate 2012's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I've just read a thread about the 2nd hokage space-time jutsu and i've got a question

We know that tobirama had water element but did he also have lightning? i'm just wondering cause he's supposed to of had a thunder sword which aoi stole and used against naruto and co in one of the filler episodes in naruto part1.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanna be SWEET

Re: I've just read a thread about the 2nd hokage space-time jutsu and i've got a ques

Filler counts for nothing. Base nothing on fillers.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lurking under a bridge to
    launch my attack

Re: I've just read a thread about the 2nd hokage space-time jutsu and i've got a ques

fillers are still kishi... yes they count but sometimes naruto contridicts itself

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It contradicts its self a lot

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by 2big View Post
    fillers are still kishi... yes they count but sometimes naruto contridicts itself
    Isn't it more like someone else makes them and he gives them an ok. If so then almost anything that's officially and legally published is canon.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    The databooks are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Wik View Post
    Isn't it more like someone else makes them and he gives them an ok. If so then almost anything that's officially and legally published is canon.
    The anime should be taken with a grain of salt, and filler out and out ignored. We have no real idea what it consisted of... maybe he could throw kunais with tags, and make them teleport 10 feet in front of their midair position, surprising people with a sudden kunai to the heart before they could react. That would fit with being a lesser space time jutsu than the 4th and Tobi, but still useful enough to be his calling card. That's purely my speculation though.

I'm keen to see some more of the 2nd Hokage (and the 1st of course) in the manga, so we can get a better idea of exactly what he could do.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm sure he had more than just water. Kakashi said that Jounin usually have more than one. Water is just his natural affinity.

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get outta ma' house, son.

Yes he easily had more then one element since he was a ninjutsu based hokage. He was the right hand man for Hashirama in the battle with Uchiha's and the second hokage. If he's that experienced then he should have another affinity or two, it's pathetic to think otherwise.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watch this pocket watch. see
    how i swing it in a slow
    arc... You are feeling
    sleepy... When i snap my
    fingers, you will wake up, and
    give me Rep... Click!

MInato stated that obito's S/T Ninjutsu suprassed his and even nidaime. Obviously nidaime is tobirama. So is tobirama's S/T better that FTG?

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowthulhu45 View Post
    MInato stated that obito's S/T Ninjutsu suprassed his and even nidaime. Obviously nidaime is tobirama. So is tobirama's S/T better that FTG?
    It's impossible to say whose better. For all we know Tobirama's S/T might not even be meant for direct combat.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    BEING ALONE IS BETTER THAN
    BEING WITH A WRONG PERSON.

fillers are never to be counted. Or else Tobi would had attacked and captured Sora (having nine tails chakra inside him) to compensate for the Kyuubi's chakra.
    Sorry for my bad english.

Planetary Destruction
    Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well not much is actually known about Tobirama except he had a space-time jutsu, he was a water master, proficient in genjutsu and is the creater of Edo Tensei.

What I do know is Minato admired Tobirama because he copied a few techniques from him. Tobirama had the ability to tell how many enemies and how far we're they away from himself by just touching the ground. Minato could do the same and it could be assumed he based his FTG off Tobirama's space-time. Seeing as all Minato's techniques were taught to him or developed by observation.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can destroy the man but
    you can't destroy an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowthulhu45 View Post
    I think it might be maybe he doesnt need to use tags like Minato which makes it better.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    The databooks are trash

Quote Originally Posted by niblack89 View Post
    Well not much is actually known about Tobirama except he had a space-time jutsu, he was a water master, proficient in genjutsu and is the creater of Edo Tensei.

What I do know is Minato admired Tobirama because he copied a few techniques from him. Tobirama had the ability to tell how many enemies and how far we're they away from himself by just touching the ground. Minato could do the same and it could be assumed he based his FTG off Tobirama's space-time. Seeing as all Minato's techniques were taught to him or developed by observation.
    Based on their ages, the 2nd Hokage would be long dead by the time Minato was born. His techniques do seem similar in some ways, but I doubt he copied them directly off him.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiStyle View Post
    The anime should be taken with a grain of salt, and filler out and out ignored. We have no real idea what it consisted of... maybe he could throw kunais with tags, and make them teleport 10 feet in front of their midair position, surprising people with a sudden kunai to the heart before they could react. That would fit with being a lesser space time jutsu than the 4th and Tobi, but still useful enough to be his calling card. That's purely my speculation though.

I'm keen to see some more of the 2nd Hokage (and the 1st of course) in the manga, so we can get a better idea of exactly what he could do.
    That's a very good idea actually! And seems reasonable enough given that Kishi has insinuated that the s-t jutsu has been evolving through the generations, each development having to do with the user and his times.