152 73.79%
  • No

54 26.21%
Page 2 of 11 « First 123456 ... Last»
    Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

Considering the response, I don't understand why people make such a big fuss about:

IMMORTAL THREAD COG DeadManWonderLand's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

Saying its a selfish and the cowards way out showcases all of your ignorance

Suicide is a horribly unfortunate scenario that one comes across when one feels strained and completely out of ways to handle whatever kind of stress and grief they might have.Suicide is not about the friend,father,mother,brother or sister that has committed suicide can you take a random guess who its about ?

The person who killed themselves.

You do not know everyone in this world.So don't act like you know what that person was going through how dare anyone on this base say it is cowardly.Unfortunately this is something nobody can know unless they themselves went through it.If you want to expend energy on this topic how about trying to help the ones in need of saving instead of condemning there actions they have enough to worry about.

Status
    This user has no status.

We all die eventually, Sooner or later... Some people don't even receive the love most of you do to give a **** about... Many problems, And not a single reason to live, So suicide is their only pain killing eternal way to peace.

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManWonderLand View Post
    Saying its a selfish and the cowards way out showcases all of your ignorance

Suicide is a horribly unfortunate scenario that one comes across when one feels strained and completely out of ways to handle whatever kind of stress and grief they might have.Suicide is not about the friend,father,mother,brother or sister that has committed suicide can you take a random guess who its about ?

The person who killed themselves.

You do not know everyone in this world.So don't act like you know what that person was going through how dare anyone on this base say it is cowardly.Unfortunately this is something nobody can know unless they themselves went through it.If you want to expend energy on this topic how about trying to help the ones in need of saving instead of condemning there actions they have enough to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Hebi Terumi~ View Post
    This topic always opens up a can of worms.
    It is possible to look at suicide as an act of selfishness from a certain perspective.
    However, some of the posts above mine seem very narrow minded.

Not everyone has a strong family support system to love them and coddle them when they feel like crap.
    Sometimes I feel it's even more selfish for family members/friends to try to stop someone from committing suicide (over something really huge, not just being bullied at school), because they don't want to feel like crap after that person kills themselves. Though with my response, there are many different things that come into play and stopping someone from killing themselves doesn't make you purely selfish, but it can be looked upon as such.

And while there can "always be an answer", I sincerely doubt most of us, have gone through a time when we've really hit our lowest point. If anyone of you, have and you're still alive today, I commend you, but you're live is yours and though killing yourself can be "selfish", everyone has their breaking point.

^^^^ Sense ^^^^ Thankyou for not being single minded

Status
    Nov 2012
    You must suffer me to go my
    own dark way.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmWumbo View Post
    It's a ***** move, truthfully I don't care the slightest bit about those people.
    I don't feel like I lost something valuable whenever someone commits suicide.
    My dad committed suicide when I was 11. He was on drugs as alcohol at the time. If he wasn't on drugs and alcohol at the time, he would have thought of me... The son he loved.

Since that day, I have been against drugs, alcohol, smoking, and all of that. I don't want to ever put my self in a position where I do something that stupid to mess up the life of my wonderful girlfriend and the rest of my family. I want to have kids one day and raise them the right way, and let them have the father that I haven't had for 8 years.

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by PhazoN View Post
    Considering the response, I don't understand why people make such a big fuss about:
    i was about to post something about this girl, but i found innapropriate to say a joke about her, so i cancelled the post. but yeah i don't know why all the fuss about her.

Status
    Apr 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Trickster View Post
    Amanda something, right?

Why did she kill herself again, and why was it so important, again? I never got why she was so remarkable.

'Cept most people (yeah, speaking in generalities here, some cases are different) don't take their relatives' feelings into account and they make hasty decisions. They don't think about how their parents siblings and friends will suffer after they're gone. Committing suicide has pain that lasts for only a few seconds. Losing a loved one will leave a scar that lasts for life. Not taking such factors into consideration which will affect the people you love after you're gone is ultimately selfish.
    She flashed her boobs at a stranger, was stalked for a very long time and was also bullied by people at school. She made a video on yt before commiting suicide, that's why she became 'famous'.

Status
    Like brothers we share. I want
    it all, take it back if you
    dare.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmWumbo View Post
    She was a hero to all whores, never forget.
    Only 90's kids will remember.
    90's kids remember Harbo Hotel, not Amanda Todd. Pools, not bleach.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Thats why I roll with the
    bible on the dash

Selfish yes, but as for people thinking its easy way out nope you know how much balls it would take to end your own life?

Senior Member Ace of the fire fist's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    >

Bullied at school? Move schools or piss on their food at lunchtime

Abused at home? Call the feds or put yourself up for foster care

Cyber bullied? Delete your ****ing account, whether it be Facebook or whatever. Cyber bullying is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. If you don't know what they're saying on the internet, it can't hurt you.

Family member died? There will always be other family and if there isn't, start a family of your own.

Raped? Put the prick behind bars, seek counceling and move the **** on.

Status
    Like brothers we share. I want
    it all, take it back if you
    dare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace of the fire fist View Post
    Bullied at school? Move schools or piss on their food at lunchtime

Abused at home? Call the feds or put yourself up for foster care

Cyber bullied? Delete your ****ing account, whether it be Facebook or whatever. Cyber bullying is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. If you don't know what they're saying on the internet, it can't hurt you.

Family member died? There will always be other family and if there isn't, start a family of your own.

Raped? Put the prick behind bars, seek counceling and move the **** on.
    It sure is basement-dweller up in this thread. Why don't you share some of your Alpha-male tragedy stories and flex your etherwebs-muscles some more?

IMMORTAL THREAD COG DeadManWonderLand's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

Amanda something, right?

Why did she kill herself again, and why was it so important, again? I never got why she was so remarkable.

'Cept most people (yeah, speaking in generalities here, some cases are different) don't take their relatives' feelings into account and they make hasty decisions. They don't think about how their parents siblings and friends will suffer after they're gone. Committing suicide has pain that lasts for only a few seconds. Losing a loved one will leave a scar that lasts for life. Not taking such factors into consideration which will affect the people you love after you're gone is ultimately selfish.

I completely understand how others can be affected however,everyone has individual rights and that also means one has the right to live or to die.No one person is overall responsible for another's actions.Or better yet ones feelings does not subseed the rights of another human being.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Go To Sleep

to me it is not selfish or anything. I think its a way to avoid though. Aviod the problems, situations and paths to take. I do want to know. Is there anyone out there when they know someone has done suicide, how come their first question to it all is not ,"Why?"

Thats my opnion

Status
    Jan 2011
    worn out in Montana...

It's a complicated issue but yes for the most part it's a selfish act done while totally self absorbed with no thought or consideration for the pain and suffering those left to clean up afterwards experience. No matter how bad it seems waiting 24 hrs can show you it's not so bad after all... That said, I have been involved in two suicides of close friends where a severe stroke and the prospect of life in a nursing home in diapers made my friend find his own way to peace. The other after seeing his parents and sister suffer cruelly from cancer and die in horrific pain decided to cut to the chase and prevent his kids and friends from watching him suffer overdosed on Oxy... None of us liked it and it hurt terribly but we understood their decisions and prayed we never had to face such a decision in our life...

Status
    Dec 2012
    >

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    It sure is basement-dweller up in this thread. Why don't you share some of your Alpha-male tragedy stories and flex your etherwebs-muscles some more?
    The thread asks a question. I'm answering it and showing there's a way to solve everything. Suicide is not necessary. I guess it depends on how strong the persons' will is

Status
    Aug 2012
    Attack on Titan. Akame Ga
    kill. Terra formars. Tokyo
    Ghoul Re. Psycho Pass 2=
    Favorite on-going
    mangas/series.

To me its a cowardly act , just an easy way out when things go wrong .......a person has to fight against those thoughts & believe in themselves . suicide has a weakness & is the person itself ....... #Lord labian

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManWonderLand View Post
    I completely understand how others can be affected however,everyone has individual rights and that also means one has the right to live or to die.No one person is overall responsible for another's actions.Or better yet ones feelings does not subseed the rights of another human being.
    where not talking about who's decision it is it's about whether it's selfish or not which it can be at times and not at other times

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Follow the Forum Rules

speak of the devil

Status
    Dec 2012
    >

I disagree with the ones in bold, especially with the rape part. Rape can be incredibly difficult to prove sometimes, and seriously, it can and most likely will fuck a person up for life. There's this weird social stigma going on with rape, making it hard for people (especially men) that have been raped to come out and say it, as if it's a mark of shame. Of course it mostly depends on where you live, but still, you're oversimplifying it way too much. Same with being abused at home. Kids who are abused get so mentally fucked up that they'd be too scared to do anything about it. You can't brush it off as if it's a matter of calling up the police >_>

As for being bullied at school, most of the times kids that get bullied don't tell their parents/administrators, because they either won't care or because the kid thinks it will make it worse. I do think being bullied in school is nothing to commit suicide over, but it depends on how bad you're being bullied, I suppose.
    Like I said, it's a matter of will. If you're not strong enough to do anything about it, then the person is going to be stuck in their situation for a very long time.

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2012
    This user has no status.

It's raining outside.. How fitting..