View Poll Results: Is suicide selfish?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    152 73.79%
  • No

    54 26.21%
Page 9 of 9 « First ... 56789
Results 201 to 216 of 216
  1. #201
    -Vegeta's Avatar
    Status
    -Vegeta is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The one and only Hidden Rain
    Posts
    26,441
    Post Thanks / Like
    > than kakarot
     



    Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trippy Sage of all Dank View Post
    Please get off your high horse. Nobody needs your acceptance. Don't compare your life struggles with others.... You don't even know THEIR half of the story either. Don't be a critic. Like it or not, the decision to live or die is a choice EVERYONE has the freedom to make. Live and let live.
    Spoken like a true coward who would probably take the easy way out. 14 yr old well off kids surfing from mommies computer shouldn't join in adult convo's Seriously, gtfoutta here. Showing up with your drug-themed name on a Naruto site, who the f are you anyways. Knock me off my horse then
     
         
    Last edited by -Vegeta; 01-16-2013 at 11:41 AM.

  2. #202
    Sage of Six Paths Trippy Sage of all Dank's Avatar
    Status
    Trippy Sage of all Dank is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Resonating with the Universe.
    (~..~)
     

    Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

    Quote Originally Posted by Saiya-Jin Prince View Post
    Spoken like a true coward who would probably take the easy way out. 14 yr old well off kids surfing from mommies computer shouldn't join in adult convo's Seriously, gtfoutta here. Showing up with your drug-themed name on a Naruto site, who the f are you anyways. Knock me off my horse then
    So you insult me, and make false assumptions about my life for simply disagreeing with you. Then you try to draw attention to my username which has nothing to do with this thread. Why do you bear such ill will? This is a perfect example of an egotistical and condescending person.

    ...would probably take the easy way out. 14 yr old well off kids surfing from mommies computer shouldn't join in adult convo's Seriously, gtfoutta here. Showing up with your drug-themed name on a Naruto site
    I've been here longer than you, bro.
    who the f are you anyways.
    I'm a Human being, just like you... You love to act like you know everything, dont you? I mean, are you an omniscient, all-knowing god or something? You don't know me, yet apparently I'm a 14 year old, well-off momma's boy..:sy: Everybody's got the right to an opinion... even your ignorant ass :mad:

    Basically your logic is: If they don't agree with me, they are a weak and cowardly 14 year old kid. Said 14 year old, should now leave this "adult convo". That's some very mature and "adult-like" thinking...

    I'm sorry you have your ups and downs in life, but that doesn't make you superior to anybody else. We're all Human Beings. We are similar but we are also different. There will always be people considered "weak" or "strong" whether they can help it or not...
    Right now, you are displaying a very sadistic mindset. You're acting superior to someone who you misjudged to be "weak". Go and re-read your own posts. They're absurdly ignorant and rude... Think about it. Your behavior is very very similar to the douchebags who insult people who are different.
    What if someone was talking down to your autistic daughter? It's not fair and it is certainly not nice.

    "Unnecessary negativity is unnecessary. Spread love and positivity"
     
         
    Last edited by Trippy Sage of all Dank; 01-17-2013 at 08:52 PM.

  3. #203
    I never die. Trollasaur's Avatar
    Status
    Trollasaur is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Posts
    6,337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fanboy Killer.
     

    Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

    ^ suicide is for pussies.
     
         

  4. #204
    Sage of Six Paths Trippy Sage of all Dank's Avatar
    Status
    Trippy Sage of all Dank is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Resonating with the Universe.
    (~..~)
     

    Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trollasaur View Post
    ^ suicide is for pussies.
    Easy for you to say. Try killing yourself... You'll find it certainly takes more than being a mere "pussie" to do the act. It takes years of physical and/or mental pain... and LOTS of guts to actually commit suicide.

    In the end, you don't really care. Whether someone lives or dies you could give a rat's ass, right? Unless of course you're a 'friend' or 'relative' of the victim... If you don't care, why do you try to be such an ass hole? It is clear, that you don't care about the lives of other Human Beings, unless you "know", "associate", or are "related" with them. You could care less if they're dead or alive, so let them do what they feel is necessary and stop judging them. "Live and let live". I'm sure you have your own path and your own goals. Go for them! You don't need to spread senseless, and unnecessary negativity. Come on "/
     
         

  5. #205
    -Vegeta's Avatar
    Status
    -Vegeta is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The one and only Hidden Rain
    Posts
    26,441
    Post Thanks / Like
    > than kakarot
     



    Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trippy Sage of all Dank View Post
    So you insult me, and make false assumptions about my life for simply disagreeing with you. Then you try to draw attention to my username which has nothing to do with this thread. Why do you bear such ill will? This is a perfect example of an egotistical and condescending person.


    I've been here longer than you, bro.

    I'm a Human being, just like you... You love to act like you know everything, dont you? I mean, are you an omniscient, all-knowing god or something? You don't know me, yet apparently I'm a 14 year old, well-off momma's boy..:sy: Everybody's got the right to an opinion... even your ignorant ass :mad:

    Basically your logic is: If they don't agree with me, they are a weak and cowardly 14 year old kid. Said 14 year old, should now leave this "adult convo". That's some very mature and "adult-like" thinking...

    I'm sorry you have your ups and downs in life, but that doesn't make you superior to anybody else. We're all Human Beings. We are similar but we are also different. There will always be people considered "weak" or "strong" whether they can help it or not...
    Right now, you are displaying a very sadistic mindset. You're acting superior to someone who you misjudged to be "weak". Go and re-read your own posts. They're absurdly ignorant and rude... Think about it. Your behavior is very very similar to the douchebags who insult people who are different.
    What if someone was talking down to your autistic daughter? It's not fair and it is certainly not nice.

    "Unnecessary negativity is unnecessary. Spread love and positivity"
    I give you your due, you are correct. I was coming off way differently than intended. I have lost someone to suicide, I know how painful it feels to be left behind. I have a vested interest in my opinion and was speaking from the heart when I replied and not my head. I apologize for the insults
     
         

  6. #206
    Sage of Six Paths Trippy Sage of all Dank's Avatar
    Status
    Trippy Sage of all Dank is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Resonating with the Universe.
    (~..~)
     

    Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

    Quote Originally Posted by Saiya-Jin Prince View Post
    I give you your due, you are correct. I was coming off way differently than intended. I have lost someone to suicide, I know how painful it feels to be left behind. I have a vested interest in my opinion and was speaking from the heart when I replied and not my head. I apologize for the insults
    I can certainly understand ESPECIALLY since you had to experience that kind of pain for yourself. Nobody's perfect. After all... we're only Human. You have my forgiveness. And you also have my sincerest condolences.
     
         

  7. #207
    I never die. Trollasaur's Avatar
    Status
    Trollasaur is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Posts
    6,337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fanboy Killer.
     

    Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

    I don't want to see anybody die I just think people who kill themselves are huge pussies, not wanting to fight there fears I can't stand people like that. Now I don't want to see anybody die but I don't care for those people who comit suicide either. I also don't believe that Death is justice, anways it's there choice if they want to live or die but I just think there huge pussies. Oh and please don't pull the "It takes more courage to kill yourself" card I hate that shit.
     
         

  8. #208
    I never die. Trollasaur's Avatar
    Status
    Trollasaur is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Posts
    6,337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fanboy Killer.
     

    Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

    I simply have no respect for people who kill themselves.
     
         

  9. #209
    Sage of Six Paths Trippy Sage of all Dank's Avatar
    Status
    Trippy Sage of all Dank is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Resonating with the Universe.
    (~..~)
     

    Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trollasaur View Post
    I simply have no respect for people who kill themselves.
    Do you see anybody asking for your respect? Please keep your negativity to yourself... There's already enough of that in this world. You don't have to respect them. You SHOULD either way because they are Humans too..but in the end nobody can force you.

    My question is WHY create more senseless, unneccessary negativity. It's bad and sad enough if someone has committed suicide. Being negative, or saying negative things WON'T change the fact that people commit suicide. In fact any negativity just makes it worse.

    We live in a world of duality. A reality of two-ness. Most things consist of two. A world of opposites. There are positives and negatives. White and black. Light and dark. Good and bad. Happy and sad. Hatred and love. Spiritual and physical. Life and death...

    Do you think anything good (positive) comes from negativity?? It only adds to the negative side and ameliorates the whole situation.
    People/communities who have lost someone to suicide DO NOT need any more negativity. Do you understand? You being a douche, calling people who commit suicide "Pussies" WONT change anything. It is a perfect example of the underlying problem in our society. Human ignorance. EVERY aspect of negativity that the Human Being is capable of like jealousy, duplicity, anger, sadism... ALL the negative things that Humans do to each other in essence creates the possibility for a vicious cycle of negativity to be created. All it takes is the effort to keep an open heart, and mind... Try to understand your fellow Human beings. You don't have to respect their good or bad decisions but people who commit suicide were just like us in the past.. They had 2 eyes, 2 ears, a nose and mouth. Likes and dislikes. Hopes and dreams..
    Empathy. Kindness. Compassion. <---- All of these things go a very, very long way. These characteristics in life will make a greater, and more positive world! In contrast,the negativity that spreads through the act of harshly judging and slandering fellow Humans, makes it a worse, and more negative world. Human ignorance. Do you see? All of this senseless and unnecessary negativity... because we don't understand one another.

    Remember there will always be the aspect of good and bad. Would you rather add to the good side, making things in life more positive?
    OR
    Would you rather add to the bad side and make things in life more negative?

    Compassion, empathy, and kindness... Tolerance to each other's differing beliefs.. These things go a long way, let me tell you. And it certainly wouldn't hurt to be more kind, compassionate, empathetic, or forgiving! For something so beneficial that costs so little.... Why do we have such a hard time being positive with each other? Coexistence is difficult, but is certainly possible! I'm very very hopeful, for a time where we can ALL live in peace and prosper. Please try to understand what I'm trying to say, man. :shrug: "Unnecessary negativity is unnecessary. Spread love and positivity." ONE LOVE!!
     
         
    Last edited by Trippy Sage of all Dank; 01-18-2013 at 03:13 AM.

  10. #210
    I never die. Trollasaur's Avatar
    Status
    Trollasaur is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Posts
    6,337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fanboy Killer.
     

    Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

    I'm more in the grey area of things neither dark or light, lawl3
     
         

  11. #211
    Sage of Six Paths Trippy Sage of all Dank's Avatar
    Status
    Trippy Sage of all Dank is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Resonating with the Universe.
    (~..~)
     

    Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

    But you still posses the traits of a Human. Eyes, nose, mouth etc.... You're using your fingers to type words on NB forums just like I am. For whatever reason you see yourself falling in the "grey area of things" I'm sorry. However, you are STILL a Human being! We are peacefully communicating and exchanging words. This is positive Human interaction. Better than arguing/yelling, cursing, or insulting each other, no? I'm trying to get you to apply this to day-to-day LIFE! I'm not asking you to be a saint or anything. I just want us all to be respectful, thoughtful and compassionate Human beings! We ALL have the capacity to be positive or negative. Good and bad exist in this world, but with great effort, the good CAN eventually outweigh the bad.
     
         

  12. #212
    I never die. Trollasaur's Avatar
    Status
    Trollasaur is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Posts
    6,337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fanboy Killer.
     

    Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

    Yeah kk cool bye now have a nice day/night
     
         

  13. #213
    Sage of Six Paths Trippy Sage of all Dank's Avatar
    Status
    Trippy Sage of all Dank is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Resonating with the Universe.
    (~..~)
     

    Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

    Think about it lol
    thx dude, take it easy
     
         

  14. #214
    Member narutolover143's Avatar
    Status
    narutolover143 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    in chicago
    Posts
    62
    Post Thanks / Like
    just to cool to be schooled :)
     

    Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

    Quote Originally Posted by MangaBain View Post
    First off who are we to judge somebody for their actions? I am sure that almost everyone, at some point in their lives, has had the thought of suicide even if it was just a stray thought. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that I agree with every suicide out there because you would be wrong. I don't know if any of you have ever heard of a man named Dr. Kevorkian.... He was a doctor, although a bit crazy and probably the wrong advocate for his cause, that assisted people in ending their lives. Extremely controversial, but he did have criteria that had to be met before he would agree to the procedure. How many of you have sit and watched one of your loved ones die from a terminal cancer? Did you actually spend a lot of time around this person? Did you see their suffering? We "put our pets down" when we see that they are terminally ill because it is the only "humane" thing to do. Yet we sit around and watch our loved ones suffer in pain that isn't even imaginable. Do we care more for our pets? No we do not, but today's society would have you believe that it is weak to allow a person that is suffering (with no cure) to decide to end their own lives.

    Ask yourself how you would feel if tomorrow you had an accident and all you could do is blink your eyes..... would you want to live for weeks, months, or even years like that? Or if you were diagnosed with a terminal disease and had to suffer pain that you have never felt before for no telling how long would you not want the choice to call the shots a little? Wouldn't it be better to leave the ones that you love and care about with the knowledge that you didn't suffer and that you got to die peacefully?

    People who are bullied are not the only ones that commit suicide. I personally want to die peacefully with no pain, although that will probably not happen. The truth is that we are all going to die anyways, that is something that we all have in common. So don't judge.
    dude your contrasting us from dogs and also may i remind you that we do put down our love ones especially when their going on to the next world. we human may or may not understand another's pain but that doesn't mean we can't learn and try to understand it. we live in our own boundaries not everyone, like you may have said would die a peaceful death, but that is the kind of death everyone would like to die. I'm just saying i could die a peaceful death and then i could get hit by a car and have my whole body skewed up and die in pain and agony and regret for not making the right decision and not doing all the things i wanted to do. I'm not saying suicide is a sin because the bible doesn't say that but i think that someone that gives up their life is just selfish read my first post and you'll know why.
     
         
    Last edited by narutolover143; 01-24-2013 at 11:24 PM.

  15. #215
    Member narutolover143's Avatar
    Status
    narutolover143 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    in chicago
    Posts
    62
    Post Thanks / Like
    just to cool to be schooled :)
     

    Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trippy Sage of all Dank View Post
    Do you see anybody asking for your respect? Please keep your negativity to yourself... There's already enough of that in this world. You don't have to respect them. You SHOULD either way because they are Humans too..but in the end nobody can force you.

    My question is WHY create more senseless, unneccessary negativity. It's bad and sad enough if someone has committed suicide. Being negative, or saying negative things WON'T change the fact that people commit suicide. In fact any negativity just makes it worse.

    We live in a world of duality. A reality of two-ness. Most things consist of two. A world of opposites. There are positives and negatives. White and black. Light and dark. Good and bad. Happy and sad. Hatred and love. Spiritual and physical. Life and death...

    Do you think anything good (positive) comes from negativity?? It only adds to the negative side and ameliorates the whole situation.
    People/communities who have lost someone to suicide DO NOT need any more negativity. Do you understand? You being a douche, calling people who commit suicide "Pussies" WONT change anything. It is a perfect example of the underlying problem in our society. Human ignorance. EVERY aspect of negativity that the Human Being is capable of like jealousy, duplicity, anger, sadism... ALL the negative things that Humans do to each other in essence creates the possibility for a vicious cycle of negativity to be created. All it takes is the effort to keep an open heart, and mind... Try to understand your fellow Human beings. You don't have to respect their good or bad decisions but people who commit suicide were just like us in the past.. They had 2 eyes, 2 ears, a nose and mouth. Likes and dislikes. Hopes and dreams..
    Empathy. Kindness. Compassion. <---- All of these things go a very, very long way. These characteristics in life will make a greater, and more positive world! In contrast,the negativity that spreads through the act of harshly judging and slandering fellow Humans, makes it a worse, and more negative world. Human ignorance. Do you see? All of this senseless and unnecessary negativity... because we don't understand one another.

    Remember there will always be the aspect of good and bad. Would you rather add to the good side, making things in life more positive?
    OR
    Would you rather add to the bad side and make things in life more negative?

    Compassion, empathy, and kindness... Tolerance to each other's differing beliefs.. These things go a long way, let me tell you. And it certainly wouldn't hurt to be more kind, compassionate, empathetic, or forgiving! For something so beneficial that costs so little.... Why do we have such a hard time being positive with each other? Coexistence is difficult, but is certainly possible! I'm very very hopeful, for a time where we can ALL live in peace and prosper. Please try to understand what I'm trying to say, man. :shrug: "Unnecessary negativity is unnecessary. Spread love and positivity." ONE LOVE!!
    preach sage preach you know what your saying you make it sound like experience i'm pretty sure alot of people who have read your post have found them powerful cause i have.
     
         

  16. #216
    Sage of Six Paths Trippy Sage of all Dank's Avatar
    Status
    Trippy Sage of all Dank is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like
    Resonating with the Universe.
    (~..~)
     

    Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

    Quote Originally Posted by narutolover143 View Post
    preach sage preach you know what your saying you make it sound like experience i'm pretty sure alot of people who have read your post have found them powerful cause i have.
    I always try to spread love and compassion; It really benefits everybody! lol I'm glad you could understand and relate to what I'm saying. Take care, my friend :D
     
         

Page 9 of 9 « First ... 56789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •