Status
    Apr 2009
    We Do Not Sow

Sasuke's blindness and EMS

Its clear that Sasuke is being manipulated by Madara. So why is Madara sending Sasuke into a situation that he can't possibly win? He attacked the 5 Kages and 2 of the best shinobi in each of the village. I think I know the answer.

We have to look here first.
    Naruto 403 page 17 | One Manga

Madara asks Sasuke if he is going to transplant Itachi's eyes. Its obvious that this is what he wants Sasuke to do, he wants Sasuke to achieve the EMS. Unfortunately for him, Sasuke says no. So what is Madara to do? Hes going to use Sasuke's hatred to manipulate him into a position where he MUST take Itachi's eyes.

Now here we have Madara purposely sending Sasuke to the 5 Kage meeting.
    Naruto 453 page 01 | One Manga

There no way Madara could think Sasuke would be strong enough to kill all 5 Kages. Hes an intelligent man, and he obviously has different ideas.

Here we have Zetsu, under Madara's orders, tell the five kages that Sasuke is there.
    Naruto 459 page 16-17 | One Manga

In my opinion, Madara is trying to force Sasuke into a corner. The only way for him to get out of this corner is to repeatedly use his MS techniques such as Amaterasu and Susanoo. By using these techniques over, and over again, Sasuke's eyesight is going to diminish.

I think Madara's ultimate goal in sending Sasuke to the 5 Kage meeting is to make Sasuke lose his sight. Sasuke is hell bent on getting his revenge. If he loses his sight before he is able to kill Danzo and the elders, he is going to become desperate. I believe that through Sasuke's desperation, Madara will be able to convince him to take Itachi's eyes, and thus achieve EMS.

So why does Madara want Sasuke to have the EMS? I'm thinking it may have something to do with the Bijuu statue....but my guess is as good as anyone else's.

Discuss!

Unbeatable Missing Nin EternalUchihaSasuke's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2009
    This user has no status.

Re: Sasuke's blindness and EMS

yes i thought the same thing as you

Status
    Jan 2009
    This user has no status.

Well.. Madara did mention in previous chapter he will pet him against naruto in the end.. he wants to show the world Uchiha power through sasuke.. so u r right in this thread.. he is trying to make sasuke stronger.. but at the same time he is using sasuke to achieve his own goal.. and wat that goal is.. is a mystery? we know he told zetsu that sasuke's eyes can grow more powerful then pains.. but its no use if he's not gona follow madara's orders.. also his plan of 'being complete'.. thats a mystery too??

Status
    Apr 2009
    We Do Not Sow

Quote Originally Posted by chopsy16 View Post
    Well.. Madara did mention in previous chapter he will pet him against naruto in the end.. he wants to show the world Uchiha power through sasuke.. so u r right in this thread.. he is trying to make sasuke stronger.. but at the same time he is using sasuke to achieve his own goal.. and wat that goal is.. is a mystery? we know he told zetsu that sasuke's eyes can grow more powerful then pains.. but its no use if he's not gona follow madara's orders.. also his plan of 'being complete'.. thats a mystery too??
    Well thats another thing I was thinking. Madara wants to be "complete". So what does that mean? We know he at one point had the EMS. Maybe he lost it, and now is looking for another way to get it. He no longer has a brother, so he can't get it that way. The only other way is to transplant with someone who already has the EMS. In other words, hes making Sasuke need the EMS in order to steal Sasuke's eyes to once again gain the EMS.

Status
    Aug 2008
    This user has no status.

I think you're theory is right, he wants sasuke to be stronger maybe to have a stronger ally , or for him to be stronger against Naruto

as for Madara's plan, he said that Pain's revival jutsu was supposed to be for him, so I'm thinking in that technique chakra is proportional to how long ago the person you want to revive died, in other words if they died a long time ago (the Uchihas or maybe Madara's brother) you would need a LOT of chakra (tailed beasts level) so maybe thats what he meant by "being complete", he wants to revive the uchihas, though now that Pain's dead I dont know how he plans to do that...