Page 11 of 11 « First ... 7891011
Results 251 to 274 of 274
  1. #251
    Senior Member Aim64C's Avatar
    Status
    Aim64C is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,784
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by HadouKage View Post
    ^^^^^^ why is nobody listening to this guy?
    *shrug*

    I suppose that's why they wouldn't know God if he walked into the room and introduced herself.
     
         

  2. #252
    J & A YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    10,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aim64C View Post
    *shrug*

    I suppose that's why they wouldn't know God if he walked into the room and introduced herself.
    lmao. ignorance at its finest
     
         

  3. #253
    Member kral's Avatar
    Status
    kral is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    535
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (if so...then why??)

    I don't know if I'm way off or not n some may view this harshly but I think things happen for a reason.
    I'll only talk hypothetical issues here.
    Say someone gets seriously ill and is in the hospital for a month. He doesn't understand y he is there n y he is being punished cuz he is a good guy, but he meets a guy n talks to him everyday n shares his faith even though he's questioning it and the guy accepts Christ and u find out he was on the verge of killing himself.
    There is always something good to take out of a bad thing.
    Hope this helps keep ur head up
     
         

  4. #254
    Member Walking Zodiac's Avatar
    Status
    Walking Zodiac is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Shiawasena Tengoku
    Posts
    145
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    That's the patriarchal viewpoint of it. Is there a divine mother as well? Or one HE, it truly is beyond a him or her, and yet what we've been taught is to think of a father. Don't get me wrong I'm not disrespecting the Self, I'm just saying that it as a formless thing cannot be a he or she.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendykombat View Post
    God still is our heavenly father who created us all.
    The devil is delusion, not some overlord of all evil. The devil knows not who he works for, you're God. One should know that the human mind is capable of good and bad contaminations; Through the understanding and devotion to realizing what you are, you mentally and spiritually transcend duality. Good vs evil, God vs evil. Darkness and light, joy and sorrow, these are all apart of this dual world. But you yourself are a sun of God and should uproot delusion in yourself before you preach the truth. What if you never read any religious book, you would have to find God within you. Once you find God within yourself, you see it in the hearts of all; Jesus, Buddha, Krsna
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendykombat View Post
    even though the devil is in hell, he still has ways of manipulating and deceiving us humans, and that's why we always need God to overcome the devil.
    Be yourself and you will get farther in spirit, knock on the door of the heart. Allow your heart to receive the goals of the prayer after you are finished, don't make your words many( use simple words like"install within me clarity"), for the holy spirit (The Self) within you needs the mind to accept what it is, and because you are really the spirit, only you can do so. Only you can change yourself, life flows on within and without you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendykombat View Post
    please just try harder, pray more, read the bible more and worship more and you'll see that you'll get farther in the Spirit
     
         
    Last edited by Vision; 01-16-2013 at 12:43 AM.

  5. #255
    Senior Member Aim64C's Avatar
    Status
    Aim64C is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,784
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    lmao. ignorance at its finest
    This is the internet, so I'm not sure if that is supposed to be a jab at me or what, exactly, the goal of that was.

    You will find, from time to time, that I enjoy playing an arrogant persona.

    You will, however; also realize, quite quickly, that I know more than you will ever be able to achieve in two lifetimes. Not that the average person would be able to do anything with such ridiculous amounts of information - but that's another side of the genetic and training coin.
     
         

  6. #256
    J & A YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    10,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aim64C View Post
    This is the internet, so I'm not sure if that is supposed to be a jab at me or what, exactly, the goal of that was.

    You will find, from time to time, that I enjoy playing an arrogant persona.

    You will, however; also realize, quite quickly, that I know more than you will ever be able to achieve in two lifetimes. Not that the average person would be able to do anything with such ridiculous amounts of information - but that's another side of the genetic and training coin.
    I'm afraid you pointed that at the wrong person, so I doubt that very much mate. But I'm not really interested in showing off all that I know, so I'll leave you be on that.

    I can, though, explain why I called your comment ignorant.
    As most religious peeps you depict 'god' as a person of some sort. Now it's a woman.
    Instead of this typical 'low-level explanation of the concept of god', why not go a bit deeper into it.

    Also, adding a sh1tload of text with pretty grammar doesn't necessarily mean your all informed on the subject .Keep your info summed-up, por favor.
     
         
    Last edited by YowYan; 01-16-2013 at 03:53 AM.

  7. #257
    Senior Member Aim64C's Avatar
    Status
    Aim64C is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,784
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    I'm afraid you pointed that at the wrong person, so I doubt that very much mate. But I'm not really interested in showing off all that I know, so I'll leave you be on that.
    Speaking without sincerity and resolve to the point of the conversation is an insult.

    I can, though, explain why I called your comment ignorant.
    Should be interesting.

    As most religious peeps you depict 'god' as a person of some sort. Now it's a woman.
    Instead of this typical 'low-level explanation of the concept of god', why not go a bit deeper into it.
    You really missed the point of my statement.

    The person I quoted was asking why more people were not listening to me.

    I, basically, said that people wouldn't recognize God if he were to be present in the forum. Making a slight toward me thinking myself a God. A play to arrogance.

    Also, adding a sh1tload of text with pretty grammar doesn't necessarily mean your all informed on the subject .Keep your info summed-up, por favor.
    This pretty much means you have neither the ability or the desire to process the fancy grammar (which is chosen quite deliberately - If I use "shall" instead of "will" - I play heavily off of the differences between synonyms).

    It also means that you have no understanding of the subject, yourself - you simply do not like my attitude and have decided to say: "Yeah, well, just because you say you know something doesn't make it true."

    I only read the published works of PhDs and transcripts of various conventions where said PhDs get together and discuss the issues. When I get the opportunity I also hold conversations with them.

    I'm very well aware of what I don't know. You'll find that most of what I know is about the issues we lack more refined answers about.

    You'll also find that when I'm bored, I can be subject to combating things I would normally leave alone. Which explains my previous post and this one. Which I should have more sense than to have ever posted... but, you know... at some point I stopped caring about such things.
     
         

  8. #258
    J & A YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    10,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by Aim64C View Post
    Speaking without sincerity and resolve to the point of the conversation is an insult.



    Should be interesting.



    You really missed the point of my statement.

    The person I quoted was asking why more people were not listening to me.

    I, basically, said that people wouldn't recognize God if he were to be present in the forum. Making a slight toward me thinking myself a God. A play to arrogance.



    This pretty much means you have neither the ability or the desire to process the fancy grammar (which is chosen quite deliberately - If I use "shall" instead of "will" - I play heavily off of the differences between synonyms).

    It also means that you have no understanding of the subject, yourself - you simply do not like my attitude and have decided to say: "Yeah, well, just because you say you know something doesn't make it true."

    I only read the published works of PhDs and transcripts of various conventions where said PhDs get together and discuss the issues. When I get the opportunity I also hold conversations with them.

    I'm very well aware of what I don't know. You'll find that most of what I know is about the issues we lack more refined answers about.

    You'll also find that when I'm bored, I can be subject to combating things I would normally leave alone. Which explains my previous post and this one. Which I should have more sense than to have ever posted... but, you know... at some point I stopped caring about such things.
    At the bolded: I see! My response was unjust.. silly me ><'
    And my comment was rude so you're response about being more educated than me; true or not; was understandable.
     
         

  9. #259
    BKN Champion Of Prediction Ψ Veritas Ψ's Avatar
    Status
    Ψ Veritas Ψ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Beyond Infinity
    Posts
    4,065
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Meaning Of Life Is To Give
    Life Meaning
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (if so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadai View Post
    I do not believe in any form of a deity.
    ...
    well except maybe Lord Jashin.
    lost young souls of modern day..
     
         

  10. #260
    Revolutionary Sabo Algalon's Avatar
    Status
    Algalon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my desk ;)
    Posts
    7,524
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's awesome how the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (if so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zakbabs View Post
    ok existence of God..for sure God do exist,He created everything we all can percieve so i see anyone trying to deny His supreme existence as been confused by science...yes science have been able to explain somethings about the existence of man but of recent most of which have been proven wrong.i dont know of the bible buh for the QUran,it has explained alot about mans existence and looking into it i think its right to believe in it...am not trying to base this on only islam but religion is guidiance and without guidiance the world can ndver be a better faith..so for religion in general,it such thing as a path exists and a guideline,i think its something worth going into cause been on a safe path,its better than a lose to hellfire.,,,,
    so back to faith,i think getting yourself close to good company is the best way cause everymind can easily be manipulated into thinking there is no God by the way the world is now i.e crime,murder,disaster buh you should know its a promise that is coming true...may faith guide us right.,
    Explained a lot?

    Compared with science Quran or any of it's sources ie the bible and all the sources the bible is based on explain squat

    On the other hand rationality ratio of science:religion is 99,99:0,01 emotions (ie irrationality) science:religion is 0,01:99,99 it's an assumption but anyone rational would agree more or less

    Also either accept the entire books and admit stoning and other attrocities are a part of those holy books or reject them altogether (entire books)
     
         
    Last edited by Algalon; 01-16-2013 at 08:15 AM.

  11. #261
    Academy Student
    Status
    eebster is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    29
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (if so...then why??)

    I was on my way to work this morning, I cross a 25km bridge over the sea to get to work. While I was crossing I looked to my left and saw thousands of black birds flying a few inches above the water, one after the other perfectly queued and in sync, thousands of birds and not one that ruined that beautiful spectacle. I'm not here to debate, but when I see things like that I can't help but know there is something far greater than the whole of us put together, something greater then the universe, something not confined withing our reality, our limitations, our laws.
    What makes those birds by nature be in sync and deliver a more spectacular show then any sync swimmers have done even after endless training.

    Simple things like the green hills, the fields of flowers, colors that brings joy to our lives, the blue sky with perfectly formed white clouds that complement each other so perfectly, the stars that are so vast and spread around the world with energy emitting out of it that's so powerful that we can see it's light thousands or even millions of years later.

    The perfect heat that the sun emits, the motions in the oceans and seas, the tides that have been set by the moons gravity and the life in the water that we until today know so little of.

    The unlimited knowledge we can learn just by looking at nature, tricks that we claim to have discovered or invented that something in nature has been doing since it's beginning.

    the word "natural selection", where did it come from? what put everything in such perfect sync?

    At the same time the natural disasters, as scary as they are, you will also notice they are very visual in most cases, it's kind of like you being reminded how simple and small you are, brings you back to earth. The eruption of a volcano that would make the world stop, an earth quake that could destroy the strongest of our works with a simple shake and we're hopeless against it, tsunamis that would wipe cities in minutes just by a simple wave of water while we watch helpless and hopelessly.
    These to me feel like a reminder to people, a warning to people. I'm not talking about only punishing specific people because they sinned (it's too hard to make assumptions like that, and we all know those who assume make an ass out of you and me, this is more of a warning and reminder who's really in power in a very visual display, not discrete at all.
    At the same time, simple things like germs and diseases, where thousands of people die from on a daily bases, this is another visual reminding us how fragile we are.

    Humans have the tendency to lose their way, like a potential leader who had an honest heart and wanted the best, once in power loses his touch to reality and becomes the peoples worse nightmare.
    People do that too, whether it's when they feel power, through money, family, status or elsewhere. Or when they feel forsaken, believing god has abandoned them or he just doesn't exist.
    it reaches to the extend that your social status is more important than anything else, and if by believing in god your group of friends/colleagues would look down at you, you would deny him just to please others.

    there are a lot of religions, and in Islams point of view we can't deny the originality of most of these religions as god has told us that he has sent many o prophets for specific groups, the only real thing we acknowledge is that his final prophet has brought down the final words of good for all humanity and not for a specific group of people.

    The disasters and atrocities that happen today is of man, our greed, ambition, our any other earthly desires. whether it's wars, some diseases, oppression, racism, aggression, segregation, starvation, theft....and the list goes on.
    At the end of the day, it's, us that will be judged, we will have to answer for all the wrongs we have caused or the wrongs we were aware of and not done anything about. God is the judge and jury, he wont be questioned but will question us. We are not on equal level to him and neither should we be in any way or form, and neither has he ever made us think that way.

    My point is that, god isn't here for us, we're here for him. Your life doesn't change for the better just because you believe in him, and vice versa. You have to work for whatever you want to achieve, and when you do it you do it in his name, when we do good you do it for him and not for the credit or an expectation. You also have to realize not every bad is bad, we're limited in what we know and feel, we can't predict the future, we don't know our own destiny let alone others. This is one of gods attributes, when a person you care for dies from a natural cause, it's easy to blame god, but you know nothing of a reason, the only thing we know and are guaranteed is death but we expect to live a long enough life before that happens. You don't know if that person would have been a great bad influence to many people, and they would have been punished for those sins but god protected them from that, or if even they would have been or will be abused, tortured mentally or physically in this life or not. You don't know IF this was the best for someone or not, and if so who is that someone?
    The same goes for your spouse leaving you, this can work with any occurrence that you had no control over.

    Peoples actions or of their own, we all have free will, and every ones opinion of freedom defers from another. Who is right and who is wrong?
    you'd say if there is a god then surely he would have set the guidelines. He did, it's just that most people refuse to look at it or believe in it, because you think it doesn't cater for you. Difference is, this isn't set by a person taken from his/her own tradition and beliefs, this has been set by your creator, the ONLY being that knows you the best, better then you know yourself. You may not like it, but there are a lot of things that are better for us that we don't like it, and when we drift from it we end up harming ourselves one way or another.

    Islam and Quran are the guidelines, it isn't something set only for a specific group of people, or a specific race. It is in Arabic, doesn't mean it's for the Arabs, Arabic is nothing more then a language that anyone can learn, and in our day in age, a lot of people can still speak the same spoken language 1400+ years later and have translated it to different languages to cater the others, yet the Original still remains as the reference to it all.

    with our limitations and physic laws, to believe something happened by chance may be creditable to some extent (maybe far fetched) but to think that the whole universe and everything about it and about earth itself is all by chance makes it too hard to believe. Something that must be outside of these laws, something without these limitations must be manipulating all of this, this is not just a spiritual thing, or that god is inside all of us, everything that is today, yesterday and tomorrow is set so perfectly that in my mind is without a doubt all planned out.
     
         

  12. #262
    Senior Member ~WastelandSociety~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~WastelandSociety~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    War. War Never Changes
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (if so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    -__- that's the field of noetics, mate. Meaning that we share a collective consciousness. Don't use the word 'god', please. Ofcourse there's a god/prime creator, but if we constantly whore it's name, the convo's will stay dull like with most religious ppl
    I'm not whoring it's name,mate.

    I just sensed my grandpa talking to me,and it happened again today.
    Probably he's trying to talk to me,cause I wasn't there to stand by his side like the rest of my family on his death bed.

    Theres nothing wrong with saying you believe in him,cause I do .
     
         

  13. #263
    ~ BLACK MAMBA ~ The Infernal Spirit's Avatar
    Status
    The Infernal Spirit is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    422
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    Way too much ma'am :/ I doubt anyone will read it.
    He doesn't say anything profound or anything pertaining to logic anyway.He merely recites others work and offers one very narrow opinion.
     
         

  14. #264
    Slurm Factory Apocalypse Ninja's Avatar
    Status
    Apocalypse Ninja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Omicron Persei 8
    Posts
    2,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching Hypno Toad
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (if so...then why??)

    It doesn't hurt anyone to believe in God, but then you see groups of people who shove bibles in your face and preach how their religion is the only true one, those kinds of people i find to be truly annoying.
     
         

  15. #265
    J & A YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    10,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Infernal Spirit View Post
    He doesn't say anything profound or anything pertaining to logic anyway.He merely recites others work and offers one very narrow opinion.
    I know, it's just religious indoctrinated logic.
    But if people think they need religion to build their moral standards, so be it.
     
         

  16. #266
    Banned
    Status
    rihannamaddonnamama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    in rihanna and madonnas child
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (if so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Orange Hokage View Post
    Lately I've been going through a period in my life where everything has been complete despair...I smile very seldomly and everyone around me seems to be turning the other cheek. I recently started wondering about God and stories I've heard like " God has worked miracles for me while I was down and out...u just have to believe"..you know...the cliche stuff. But it's kinda like telling a kid "hey santa clause is comin to town" and in their mind...its reality. When people are sick to the point will medical attention is needed...u have people who say "god will get u through it" but is it God?? Or is it the doctors and the meds?? In no way am I trying to insult anyone's religon...matter of fact my family are full of christians with very strongg faith in God... But recently... I have a hard time believing the hype... If He does exist then why do so many good people suffer EVERYDAY?? If he can work miracles...why do people still have to suffer.... Innocent people get brutally murdered everyday. Natural disasters take the lives of good souls..... Maybe I'm just looking at it selfishly because my life is **** right now and I'm being negative...but what r ur thoughts? Do u believe in him or do u think its all a fairy tale?

    Ps. I'd appreciate it if I got real answers...not something like " he doesn't. Exist...get over it". Also if u had any experience with the Lord himself....please share with me...thank you
    when going through personal problems i researched god and if anything he helped me get over it so now im a totally different person
     
         

  17. #267
    Banned
    Status
    rihannamaddonnamama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    in rihanna and madonnas child
    Posts
    35
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (if so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wparker6804 View Post
    Well, think about it, man....
    If we lived in a world were we always got what we want, where all of our problems were solved without us, and the entire world would be perfect without us giving it proper attention, WE'D BE SPOILED ROTTEN.

    As horrible as life can be, it's up to us to do the best, even when others don't.
    Hardships and trials help us to learn, grow stronger, and come closer together. It's just that nowadays, people are growing more selfish, lazy, and reziliant for such things to happen.

    If someone doesn't want to beleive in miracles, that's fine. But either way, things come together because of what WE do. If people don't think the world is fair or just--then ACT. That's hoow alot of countries (including America) were created. Just make sure it's for the best.
    thank you and this is a test to see whether we are good enough to enter his kingdom
     
         

  18. #268
    Member ltachl's Avatar
    Status
    ltachl is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    101
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (if so...then why??)

    Yes I've been through various diseases(some of them still not cured and just have to man up) I've known the answer for a while (from God's point of view).

    Well If you studied the bible, you'd had an answer. For example before I studied the bible there were things that I thought were true but aren't for example your family who is full of Christians probably don't know either because they only follow what the pope/priest says (if they even listen). For example the bible doesn't teach about hell, they distorted the bible because Hades means the grave (dying) not Hell Fire and torment lol.

    People suffer in this world because this is not the world God had in mind. It's only a phase, for whatever reason it's only a phase. So everything that happens is random and bad things. Good people suffer because they got bad luck so do bad guys.

    If this world was governed by God, then death and diseases would not exist at all, neither would tears.

    There's a passage saying : "And every tear would be wiped out from their eyes".

    By saying that it means that when God rules the earth, there won't be a single drop of sadness. Of course not everyone can enter that kingdom, only a few. What would be the point of having bad individuals and start chaos again?

    "Many will say to me in that day : "Lord lord, did we not prophesy in your name, expel demons in your name and do many powerful works in your name" and Jesus said "Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness. I never knew you"".

    Which means that even a big majority of Christians will probably not make it.

    Another passage : "Broad and spacious is the road leading to destruction and many will walk through it. Narrow and cramped is the road leading to the kingdom and few will find it".

    Everything is in the bible, pick a good neutral translation too like the NIV.

    In resume, this is not the world God had in mind so anything that happens in it doesn't really matter. Yes we all suffer but it's all a phase, there will be a day when tears are no more but again not everyone will be in it which makes sense. Really bad and perverted people shouldn't be there in the first place, it would really screw things up again.

    I know you have many more questions but if you really want to find an answer from God's point of view, pick up the bible and not what the priests says.

    Trust me, it's all there.

    Edit: If you have more questions, send me a PM. I don't come to this page that often but the PM will go to my email. I'm not that blind as many atheists will think either. I hold a degree in theoretical physics and another one in electrical engineering. So I can give you pretty good answers from any point of view, I hope you recover from your diseases (I did recover from the most fatal one which started a few months ago but it will reduce my lifespan pretty drastically hence my name Itachi xD).
     
         
    Last edited by ltachl; 01-21-2013 at 10:58 PM.

  19. #269
    Senior Member
    Status
    ThomasJeffersonwasasadist is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Horny and sadistic with a dash
    of racism
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (if so...then why??)

    I don't believe in the concept of a god. People invented the concept of a creator because they couldn't understand that natural laws of the universe are capable of creating anything. The religious argument is you can't prove it's not there so ill believe it to make myself feel better. This is flawed though its impossible to prove a negative. The burden of proof falls on those who have nothing but faith to back up their claims based on fear of oblivion. If god existed would there be three major religions with the same god that fight like cats and dogs? Why would a loving god described by religious texts find homosexuals disgusting? Why do over 1,500 species of animals participate in homosexual activity if its abhorent to god? He wouldn't men who didn't want to be hit on by other men would though. Why does the bible in particular make no mention of dinosaurs or other planets? Why did people still believe in the celestial sphere long after Jesus the man who was said to be god came? Religion is a means of making money and enforcing order. Look up the definition of cult then myth then the definition of religion they are all strikingly similar. You can't prove Jesus is god anymore than you can prove Charles Manson is and followers of either cult are likely to claim their figure is. If there was a god why did the people of Asia only hear about him from other people? They've always had a large sum of the population, did they not deserve a visit from god? Or did every area on the planet make up stories to explain things we couldn't understand to control and build the foundation of a society. Wait a minute this guy eebster saw birds flying in a flock and that's why he believes in god? Add that to my list of why I don't. Religious people can be tricked into believing anything that makes them feel good. I suspect that's why radical young Islamic men are willing to blow themselves up for 72 virgins in heaven.
     
         
    Last edited by ThomasJeffersonwasasadist; 02-09-2013 at 05:45 PM.

  20. #270
    Sunbro pateuvasiliu's Avatar
    Status
    pateuvasiliu is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    8,279
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Orange Hokage View Post
    But why ? Why yes and why no for some of u??? Please explain
    Because why not?

    Say God does not exist and I live my whole life by Christian beliefs. I donate to charity, help old people, don't lie, don't drink too much. I generally live a healthy, pleasant life.

    What do I lose? I lose some fun ( by some's standards ). I don't get drunk, high and probably don't get into a 3some.

    Say God exists and I don't believe in him. I live my life like a king and do what the hell I want without worrying. I probably spend the last days of my life crying and being afraid of death, whereas if I was a Christian I'd die at peace, knowing I would be in God's kingdom soon ( whether that is true or not, you would believe it so you would die at peace ).

    See my point?

    I think atheism is a cool thing to do nowadays, but when you know you'll die you won't be as cool as you are when you say '' i don't believe in God. I don't fear death. ''
     
         

  21. #271
    OH LONG JOHNSON edo tensai wilmaso's Avatar
    Status
    edo tensai wilmaso is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    BRONX
    Posts
    1,848
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (if so...then why??)

    the thing is that more and more time passes scientist are getting more open minded about spirituality. and want to explain some of these phenomenons .... i believe that there is a higher power and to reach it we need to be spiritual beings but that doesn't mean that science can't explain it...there's a whole realm of physics that we know nothing off. The more research the more we will know...in due time...

    what i don't believe is that there's a god that gets angry when we don't worship him every seventh day ....that to me sounds like a petty, petty god and some made up mongo jongo like all religions of the world.....man made religion, religion did not make us....i believe in spirituality but not in religion.

    adam and eve ....god said don't eat the fruit or you will die. the serpent comes and says eat the fruit you will not die...and did she??? and did he??? ...no so who lied.... god or the serpent (Christianity is nothing but an occult religion being masked.)
     
         

  22. #272
    Skarm's Avatar
    Status
    Skarm is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,922
    Post Thanks / Like
    GFX
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (if so...then why??)

    I have only read a few posts here. Anyway.

    I Myself, believe in no God, no supreme-being. Although I do have an edge for science. The simply fact for me is, I don't care. If this so called "God" wishes to punish me for doing things these rules supposedly say I'm not allowed to do. Then so be it. But knowing I am being punished for such a reason gives me no interest in such a being. As I would say God is the True Devil.
    The fact is, some people hide behind faith, just to hide themselves from the truth.
     
         

  23. #273
    J & A YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    10,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (if so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by chita101 View Post
    Dude, my advice is, if you want to really know if God exists and want to talk to him, why not just ask him sincerely to show himself to you. Am sure He hears.
    I'm sure he does.
     
         

Page 11 of 11 « First ... 7891011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •