Page 4 of 11 « First 12345678 ... Last»
Results 76 to 100 of 274
  1. #76
    Banned
    Status
    Takeshi Uzumaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Over Here! No! Over There!
    Posts
    1,774
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get at me BROS!!!!
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tendou00 View Post
    I have faith in the only creator who has no partner, no son, no companion, no associate, and no resemblance.
    What are you alking about?? You believe in a different entity?
     
         

  2. #77
    Zero Kelvin's Avatar
    Status
    Zero Kelvin is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tenkaichi, Ancrath Archipelago.
    Posts
    15,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!
     



    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    , why should God exist? We have rational, scientific explanations for almost everything, so why believe in a Creator? Theism in all its forms has been retreating for a long time. Galilei said the Earth wasn't in the center of the Universe, church said 'yes it is!' and punished him. We proved the Earth wasn't in the center of the Universe, the church said 'oh, but that's just because God says God God!'.
    We'll keep explaining and the Theists will continue to ramble about near-death experiences, Jesus' face on toast and how other Gods are stupid and primitive.
     
         

  3. #78
    Banned
    Status
    Takeshi Uzumaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Over Here! No! Over There!
    Posts
    1,774
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get at me BROS!!!!
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    , why should God exist? We have rational, scientific explanations for almost everything, so why believe in a Creator? Theism in all its forms has been retreating for a long time. Galilei said the Earth wasn't in the center of the Universe, church said 'yes it is!' and punished him. We proved the Earth wasn't in the center of the Universe, the church said 'oh, but that's just because God says God God!'.
    We'll keep explaining and the Theists will continue to ramble about near-death experiences, Jesus' face on toast and how other Gods are stupid and primitive.
    Guess I can understand
     
         

  4. #79
    Zero Kelvin's Avatar
    Status
    Zero Kelvin is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tenkaichi, Ancrath Archipelago.
    Posts
    15,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!
     



    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Orange Hokage View Post
    Guess I can understand
    You're the first Theist ever to say that. Kuddos.
     
         

  5. #80
    Banned
    Status
    Takeshi Uzumaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Over Here! No! Over There!
    Posts
    1,774
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get at me BROS!!!!
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    You're the first Theist ever to say that. Kuddos.
    Wouldn't consider myself a theist...I'm undeciided. I've been brought up by "God fearing men/women" but have too many questions / argumeants against his existence to say I believe in a God fully.... If it were indeed true i'd like evidence and proof of it...but most people can't... Even the ones who pray everyday and preech the word of God have no solid proof....yet...I don't believe science is the answer to ALL as there are only some things that science can explain.....the big bang theory is scientific,yet, is one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard. Science can explain how our bodies/minds work, but, there has to be something deeper to consider such as , "why are our minds so complex". "Why are we so emotional as opposed to other animals". "Why do our bodies have such a perfect designt that allows us to reproduce or break down the good and the bad in the food we eat and do away with the waste". The little things that people don't ask often. I find it hard to believe we evolved from so single cell organisms into what we are now...that is just bogus...But I also find it ridiculous that an all mighty being is sitting in "the heavens" watching over us , someone who "created all" but no one will EVER be able to explain where "he" came from or how he came to be.... People have actually gave me bs answers like "He created himself" . -_- bottom line is I'm not on either side yet until I have a moment of clarity
     
         
    Last edited by Takeshi Uzumaki; 01-14-2013 at 06:45 PM.

  6. #81
    Senior Member narutokage99's Avatar
    Status
    narutokage99 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    |¯x¯|
    Posts
    1,542
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    They say there is no god.All this whole univers is a random event, a random event ffs !


    Allright if i told you that plastic bottled water randomly spontaneously appears.You'd say i'm crazy and this is just a simple bottle of water.
    How about this univers in which we lives?How about our bodies and mind?Are we simple?

    My cellphone, what it is it made of?
    Glass comes from sand,plastic come from oil.And do you know where i found this cellphone?
    I was walking around in the dessert plenty of oil and sand.And this cellphone is the product of billions of years of random events during which the oil boiled, the wind blew, the sun shine and after billions of years of random events this cellphone appeared by random events.

    And they dare to think they're rational?
    What is rational about believing that a highly complexe univers is so much complexe that we don't even have a model to describe the correct working of an atome.We have to descibe thought highly complexe mathematical but it's random event?It doesn't make sense people.That's irrational, it's just a fantaisy.

    Anyone who has a spiritual inside would say that there is a creator.
     
         

  7. #82
    Banned
    Status
    TheBrightSide is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Fairfax Virginia
    Posts
    1,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by narutokage99 View Post
    They say there is no god.All this whole univers is a random event, a random event ffs !


    Allright if i told you that plastic bottled water randomly spontaneously appears.You'd say i'm crazy and this is just a simple bottle of water.
    How about this univers in which we lives?How about our bodies and mind?Are we simple?

    My cellphone, what it is it made of?
    Glass comes from sand,plastic come from oil.And do you know where i found this cellphone?
    I was walking around in the dessert plenty of oil and sand.And this cellphone is the product of billions of years of random events during which the oil boiled, the wind blew, the sun shine and after billions of years of random events this cellphone appeared by random events.

    And they dare to think they're rational?
    What is rational about believing that a highly complexe univers is so much complexe that we don't even have a model to describe the correct working of an atome.We have to descibe thought highly complexe mathematical but it's random event?It doesn't make sense people.That's irrational, it's just a fantaisy.

    Anyone who has a spiritual inside would say that there is a creator.
    Using this logic, wasnt gods existence itself a random event? If not, who created him? The same logic can be used against you. With hundreds of years of scientists on all fronts getting closer and closer to the truth, its hard for me to believe in the existence of a god. I like to think of myself as a somewhat logical human being and i look at this issue as the side of science(with many discoveries that contradict many religious texts and study these subject for a living) as the Yankees vs religion ( multi-thousand year old books written by questionable sources lacking any proof whatsoever) representing a little league team. Of course, anybody can win, but which outcome is more likely? I feel like people have to step back, take all the facts into consideration and make a choice for themselves. So many people are brainwashed right out of the womb to believe in the things that their parents/teachers/society want them to believe.
     
         

  8. #83
    demon fang's Avatar
    Status
    demon fang is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In the Lab
    Posts
    4,995
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    , why should God exist? We have rational, scientific explanations for almost everything, so why believe in a Creator? Theism in all its forms has been retreating for a long time. Galilei said the Earth wasn't in the center of the Universe, church said 'yes it is!' and punished him. We proved the Earth wasn't in the center of the Universe, the church said 'oh, but that's just because God says God God!'.
    We'll keep explaining and the Theists will continue to ramble about near-death experiences, Jesus' face on toast and how other Gods are stupid and primitive.
    good to see you too Zero.
     
         

  9. #84
    Sydney's Halo Grim's Avatar
    Status
    Grim is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society
     



    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Orange Hokage View Post
    Lately I've been going through a period in my life where everything has been complete despair...I smile very seldomly and everyone around me seems to be turning the other cheek. I recently started wondering about God and stories I've heard like " God has worked miracles for me while I was down and out...u just have to believe"..you know...the cliche stuff. But it's kinda like telling a kid "hey santa clause is comin to town" and in their mind...its reality. When people are sick to the point will medical attention is needed...u have people who say "god will get u through it" but is it God?? Or is it the doctors and the meds?? In no way am I trying to insult anyone's religon...matter of fact my family are full of christians with very strongg faith in God... But recently... I have a hard time believing the hype... If He does exist then why do so many good people suffer EVERYDAY?? If he can work miracles...why do people still have to suffer.... Innocent people get brutally murdered everyday. Natural disasters take the lives of good souls..... Maybe I'm just looking at it selfishly because my life is shit right now and I'm being negative...but what r ur thoughts? Do u believe in him or do u think its all a fairy tale?

    Ps. I'd appreciate it if I got real answers...not something like " he doesn't. Exist...get over it". Also if u had any experience with the Lord himself....please share with me...thank you
    I'd appreciate if you run against the wall :3 Maybe that would bring sense into your head. God wont fix your problems... it's up to you and people that love you
     
         

  10. #85
    Banned
    Status
    Takeshi Uzumaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Over Here! No! Over There!
    Posts
    1,774
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get at me BROS!!!!
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I'd appreciate if you run against the wall :3 Maybe that would bring sense into your head. God wont fix your problems... it's up to you and people that love you
    I never said I wanted god to fix my problems.. I'm wondering about the existence of God simply due to the negative events occuring in my life and others..espicially those who look to him for guidance and pray to him/worship him. U want me to run into a wall??? Sounds pretty childish... Please leave this thread for mature minds to post in
     
         

  11. #86
    Sydney's Halo Grim's Avatar
    Status
    Grim is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society
     



    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Orange Hokage View Post
    I never said I wanted god to fix my problems.. I'm wondering about the existence of God simply due to the negative events occuring in my life and others..espicially those who look to him for guidance and pray to him/worship him. U want me to run into a wall??? Sounds pretty childish... Please leave this thread for mature minds to post in
    I admit I didn't read the thread simply because I thought it's another religion debate :3 as for that ... I don't find any of that has to do something with god.. because god does not exist. It's good to have faith in something but it's more than obvious that it's up to you how will it work out... I don't think things will happend ''miracle'' to you without putting your hands to it.

    Try to read Alchemist by Paulo Choelio .. it has a hidden meaning that changed peoples views
     
         

  12. #87
    J & A YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is online now
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    11,082
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Orange Hokage View Post
    ???
    He's referring to the thought that he himself is god. We are god.
     
         

  13. #88
    Banned
    Status
    lord sauke is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    in a box
    Posts
    1,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    didnt read but dont give up
     
         

  14. #89
    Member tyty9365's Avatar
    Status
    tyty9365 is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Orange Hokage View Post
    I have...and yet...if stories r true.God was able to cast him to hell right??? So y would the devil have so much influence over God's creations(us) if he exists?
    Because the Devil is as evil as God is good god influences us the same way the devil does by being a very powerful being God is stronger then the devil so naturally there are more good people then evil people that little voice in the back of your head isn't your conscience its either god or the devil truthfully there isn't a such a thing as peace because the devil and god will be in a never ending battle of good vs evil
     
         

  15. #90
    Banned
    Status
    TheBrightSide is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Fairfax Virginia
    Posts
    1,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by tyty9365 View Post
    Because the Devil is as evil as God is good god influences us the same way the devil does by being a very powerful being God is stronger then the devil so naturally there are more good people then evil people that little voice in the back of your head isn't your conscience its either god or the devil truthfully there isn't a such a thing as peace because the devil and god will be in a never ending battle of good vs evil
    The conscience isnt real. Its a concept. And no, every thought you have is just a chemical reaction in your brain.
     
         

  16. #91
    someone doubledude's Avatar
    Status
    doubledude is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    566
    Post Thanks / Like
    me gusta pizza
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    God can't make any miracles, you yourself have to take care of it and make yourself happy. You've got tons of stuff that can cheer you up, I'm sure :D !
     
         

  17. #92
    Banned
    Status
    Twin Steps is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    4,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blowing Fanboys and Idiots
    alike With C4 Karura
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Orange Hokage View Post
    I never said I've done nothing to deserve misery..I've done bad things out of hate...cheated out of lust... Hurt people physically(in boxing). But I've made a change....and now it seems that I'm converting into a better person, life goes to shit.... I stopped boxing because it is brutal and a hurt business... I've tried my best to make people happy.... Its just...why now tho?? Why not punish me when I was an *******???
    Because, I believe, God doesn't punish sinners, so that he may punish them in the next life, and he punishs good people in this world so that they don't have to go to hell.
     
         

  18. #93
    J & A YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is online now
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    11,082
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by doubledude View Post
    God can't make any miracles, you yourself have to take care of it and make yourself happy. You've got tons of stuff that can cheer you up, I'm sure :D !
    Your looking at 'god' as something separate of yourself. As if your lower than this phenomenon called 'god'.
    That's another deluded message that organized religion teaches.
     
         

  19. #94
    Banned
    Status
    Twin Steps is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    4,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blowing Fanboys and Idiots
    alike With C4 Karura
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    , why should God exist? We have rational, scientific explanations for almost everything, so why believe in a Creator? Theism in all its forms has been retreating for a long time. Galilei said the Earth wasn't in the center of the Universe, church said 'yes it is!' and punished him. We proved the Earth wasn't in the center of the Universe, the church said 'oh, but that's just because God says God God!'.
    We'll keep explaining and the Theists will continue to ramble about near-death experiences, Jesus' face on toast and how other Gods are stupid and primitive.
    Do you really think all these complex creations like a cell, the human body, ecosystems, the universe and the mind all came into being without a creator?

    If you see a house or a bike, could you say that it came into being all by itself? Of course you can't, that would be illogical. You'd say something complex like that can't just happen. So what brinfs you to say that something as complex and astonishing as the universe & everything in it could happen by chance.

    Every creation has a creator. God is that creator. The creator of time, space, matter, and anything else.
     
         

  20. #95
    someone doubledude's Avatar
    Status
    doubledude is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    566
    Post Thanks / Like
    me gusta pizza
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    Your looking at 'god' as something separate of yourself. As if your lower than this phenomenon called 'god'.
    That's another deluded message that organized religion teaches.
    Actually I'm an atheist and I don't believe in God, but I'm not saying other people shouldn't. Also I was just trying to cheer up this guy.
     
         

  21. #96
    Senior Member narutokage99's Avatar
    Status
    narutokage99 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    |¯x¯|
    Posts
    1,542
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
    Using this logic, wasnt gods existence itself a random event? If not, who created him? The same logic can be used against you. With hundreds of years of scientists on all fronts getting closer and closer to the truth, its hard for me to believe in the existence of a god. I like to think of myself as a somewhat logical human being and i look at this issue as the side of science(with many discoveries that contradict many religious texts and study these subject for a living) as the Yankees vs religion ( multi-thousand year old books written by questionable sources lacking any proof whatsoever) representing a little league team. Of course, anybody can win, but which outcome is more likely? I feel like people have to step back, take all the facts into consideration and make a choice for themselves. So many people are brainwashed right out of the womb to believe in the things that their parents/teachers/society want them to believe.
    if you read a lot richard dawkins or other atheists you will see that the obsolete cliche of philosophers in my opinion is "what created god?"We always hear that, and they think that it's a baseball bat against the "theists".

    But it's a bat made of mousse because we already understood the absurdity of infinite regression.

    It's like asking :
    what caused the cause of the cause of the univers?
    Let's continue...
    what caused the cause of the cause of the cause of the univers?
    Let's continue..
    what caused the cause of the cause of the cause of the cause of the univers? etc...

    I can give an other exemple .

    Imagine you are a soldier ready to fire a gun, but before you shoot you have to ask permission for the soldier behind you, but he has to do the same, and it goes on for infinity. Will you ever shoot? No you wouldn’t. This highlights, the absurdity of an infinite regress and this applies to events to. Therefore, there cannot be an infinite history of past events.

    So asking continuously "who created god?"or "what is the cause that created the universe ?"it amounts to saying that we have no univers.
     
         

  22. #97
    Member violarocks9's Avatar
    Status
    violarocks9 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    116
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Sry, no... If there was a God, and he really loved everyone, he wouldn't create starving miserable children in Africa or any third-world country.
     
         

  23. #98
    The Alchemist's Avatar
    Status
    The Alchemist is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Within the desolate recesses of the human consciousness
    Posts
    1,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bet I got some weed, bet I got
    some weed, bet she on her
    knees; bet she swallow ****,
    bet she love my swag, bet she
    leave yo ass
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    Why do you think you're taught to believe in the old white bearded man that gives you gifts? It's a set up to indoctrinating us into believing the whole god farce. For a long time I identified as christian but was in reality an agnostic. But A couple of years ago after a decade of religious study I came to the conclusion that god is just a tool used to control the "common folk". That's why all of the powerful people claim to believe but don't act accordingly, because they too know it is BS.
     
         

  24. #99
    Tobirama/Madara/Hashi fan Hipster Madara's Avatar
    Status
    Hipster Madara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Not some lame ass kanji location
    Posts
    16,075
    Post Thanks / Like
    based-madara.tumblr.com
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    I do not believe in any religion. They are all man-made rules.
    I do not deny the chance of there being a greater force that makes the rules in our universe, however.
     
         

  25. #100
    Academy Student danielalfaro's Avatar
    Status
    danielalfaro is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Do You Have Faith in God (is so...then why??)

    hey Bud, I personally do not think there is a god, and you are right ! why is there so much suffering from good people. Well, all i can say is that things will get better and in fact it makes you feel better you could pray.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •