Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope

Mangekyo Sharingan Abilties

Firstly I would like to know why the abilities differe from a Sharingan user to the others? Is it the way that they "kill" their closest ones and the circumstances?

Also another thing that has been bugging me is the name of the abilities. How come everybody recognises the name when they talk about it?

E.g. Kakashi's Kamui 1 and Obito's Kamui 2.

I suppose that all the abilities were once the Elder Son's. And that he wrote everything about them in the Uchiha tablet.

Still, I can't figure out how Kakashi found out about the Mangekyo and his Kamui 1, as only some of the Uchiha knew about it. (E.g. Itachi told Sasuke about it)

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    To win, but not destroy… To
    conquer, but not humiliate…
    That is what true conquest is!

Re: Mangekyo Sharingan Abilties

the truth about these abilities is that it suddenly can be awakened through some emotional distress and can be used the next second(like obito's case)who didn't read the tablet until madara told him about it after awakening his MS.
    these abilities can't be learned,because they exist in the eyes of the user,all he had to do is pop his eye out and the jutsu will come to life.that's why every user knows how to use his MS ability.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Illusions & Nightmares

Kakashi trained himself he's sharingan and obtained ms same time with obito when rin died.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by htmwall View Post
    the truth about these abilities is that it suddenly can be awakened through some emotional distress and can be used the next second(like obito's case)who didn't read the tablet until madara told him about it after awakening his MS.
    these abilities can't be learned,because they exist in the eyes of the user,all he had to do is pop his eye out and the jutsu will come to life.that's why every user knows how to use his MS ability.
    That is correct, I already know that, lol. This isn't even the answer to my question.

The answer is that if they can be awakened in different situations. Assisting to someone's death. Killing someone because you want to. Killing someone because you need to, etc.

Same goes to Susanoo. I don't think that Itachi for example blowed fire from his eye and said: "Ah, ok, new justsu. Imma name it Amaterasu 'cause it sounds so cool!"

Quote Originally Posted by NOemotions View Post
    Kakashi trained himself he's sharingan and obtained ms same time with obito when rin died.
    We're in the manga section, everybody should be knowing that. But it makes no sense that the discovered the Mangekyo Sharingan just like that. "By training". He had the sharingan for years.

Last edited by DorianDiaconu; 01-14-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    To win, but not destroy… To
    conquer, but not humiliate…
    That is what true conquest is!

Quote Originally Posted by DorianDiaconu View Post
    That is correct, I already know that, lol. This isn't even the answer to my question.

The answer is that if they can be awakened in different situations. Assisting to someone's death. Killing someone because you want to. Killing someone because you need to, etc.

Same goes to Susanoo. I don't think that Itachi for example blowed fire from his eye and said: "Ah, ok, new justsu. Imma name it Amaterasu 'cause it sounds so cool!"
    there's another thread who wasn't made by me,i don't remember the OP but it says that the MS abilities represent the desire of the user of surpassing their role models:
    for example kakashi and obito:their role model was minato a great S/T user,and their MS is too that surpassed minato's.
    sasuke his role model itachi:so he had his abilities amaterasu and a better control of it.
    itachi his role model was shisui who has the best genjutsu so he had tsukiyomi.
    so like that the MS represents the desire of the user of the power that their role models had.

Planetary Destruction
    Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It's every eye just has different abilities. It would seem that brothers usually have the same eye techniques. That's why they'd need to transplant their eyes.

About their names I Don't Know maybe someone awoken these techniques before but every Mangekyou Sharingan jutsu is named after a god.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by niblack89 View Post
    It's every eye just has different abilities. It would seem that brothers usually have the same eye techniques. That's why they'd need to transplant their eyes.

About their names I Don't Know maybe someone awoken these techniques before but every Mangekyou Sharingan jutsu is named after a god.
    Exactly my point here. I think that the Elder Brother had awaken all the techinques. And that they were written on that tablet.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sup

Firstly I would like to know why the abilities differe from a Sharingan user to the others? Is it the way that they "kill" their closest ones and the circumstances?

Also another thing that has been bugging me is the name of the abilities. How come everybody recognises the name when they talk about it?

I suppose that all the abilities were once the Elder Son's. And that he wrote everything about them in the Uchiha tablet.

Still, I can't figure out how Kakashi found out about the Mangekyo and his Kamui 1, as only some of the Uchiha knew about it. (E.g. Itachi told Sasuke about it)
    Everybody has different eyes, and in turn each different eye will grant a unique ability. (Even MS looks all different among members because of different abilities, if all MS users could do same abilities, they'd have the same eye design like Rinnegan)
    I don't think the way they "kill" their comrade effects their abilities, just on unlocking "greater" power
    Seems like with brothers they can pass on powers, and even transplant for greater power as well

And everyone recognizes the name because of its uniqueness.
    Thats like asking why does everyone recognize rasengan?

Actually if I recall correctly, Obito never really refers to his MS as "kamui" it is always coined by Kakashi, obito just goes around saying if I touch you, I win. Nothing about his kamui.

I don't suppose all the abilites were once the Elder's son as these are abilities unique to each clansmen for their own "true" power.

Uchiha tablet has nothing to do with all of MS abilities imo, and Kakashi found out about his by being more proficient with his eye like any other Uchiha would be

Senior Member avenged sevenfold's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    The handsome blue beast of the
    hidden leaf

the ms depends on each user. different users have different abilities and strengths. the abilities that are unique to each user like kotoamatsukami is to shisui, cannot be learned by any other sharingan user. kakashi learned to control and to use his ms when he got it after rins death

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I've always had a hunch that Sasuke and Itachi are direct descendants of Madara or Izuna and that each line of the clan had a different MS ability. Why? Madara was the leader of the Uchiha in the elder day and Fugaku was the leader before Itachi killed him. That would be one explanation as to why Madara, Itachi and Sasuke can all use Susanoo. Obviously there isn't a lot of evidence to back this up.

Your theory is interesting and one I haven't heard before, I like it, it's a nice way to explain how different circumstances allow you to unlock a different ability.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I seriously doubt the elder son had EVERY MS ability that ever was or will be. As his genes were passed on and changed allowing for different abilities.

I'm sure as time went on Uchia have added to the tablet, for instance izunagi and izunami techniques. Also I think a MS instinctively knows how to use the ability when the awaken it.

Planetary Destruction
    Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Exactly my point here. I think that the Elder Brother had awaken all the techinques. And that they were written on that tablet.
    I don't think Kakashi has seen the tablet. The tablet is hidden within the Uchiha clan and only they know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxus View Post
    I seriously doubt the elder son had EVERY MS ability that ever was or will be. As his genes were passed on and changed allowing for different abilities.

I'm sure as time went on Uchia have added to the tablet, for instance izunagi and izunami techniques. Also I think a MS instinctively knows how to use the ability when the awaken it.
    That's the case sometimes. Obito instinctively used his Kamui but Sasuke was a different story. He knew he had powers, he didn't use them right away. He seemed to test out what he could do and didn't really know the full potential of his powers, he still doesn't know his full potential.

Last edited by niblack89; 01-14-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by TheWillofFire View Post
    Actually if I recall correctly, Obito never really refers to his MS as "kamui" it is always coined by Kakashi, obito just goes around saying if I touch you, I win. Nothing about his kamui.

I'll make a longer post about the whole debate soon. Gotta finish my math homework!

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many gods will I have to
    kill today?

Kakashi found out about it because he unlocked it...

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many gods will I have to
    kill today?

Obito was a great teacher, what better way to making Sasuke better than to have him fight the Kage & Killer Bee

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by htmwall View Post
    there's another thread who wasn't made by me,i don't remember the OP but it says that the MS abilities represent the desire of the user of surpassing their role models:
    for example kakashi and obito:their role model was minato a great S/T user,and their MS is too that surpassed minato's.

sasuke his role model itachi:so he had his abilities amaterasu and a better control of it.
    itachi his role model was shisui who has the best genjutsu so he had tsukiyomi.
    so like that the MS represents the desire of the user of the power that their role models had.
    I like this. But this doesn't explain why Itachi would have both Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi. But this would explain for sure Izanami and Tsukuyomi

Quote Originally Posted by TheWillofFire View Post
    Uchiha tablet has nothing to do with all of MS abilities imo, and Kakashi found out about his by being more proficient with his eye like any other Uchiha would be
    Kakashi had the eye since the Rin incident. Yet, he only copied over 1000 jutsus (as said by Zabuza) and didn't know anything about the MS until Itachi came to Konoha. Something must have happened between the first part and Shippuuden.

Quote Originally Posted by avenged sevenfold View Post
    the ms depends on each user. different users have different abilities and strengths. the abilities that are unique to each user like kotoamatsukami is to shisui, cannot be learned by any other sharingan user. kakashi learned to control and to use his ms when he got it after rins death
    As I stated earlier, he didn't use it in over 15-20 years. (in Shippuuden he's 30)

Quote Originally Posted by Uzawak View Post
    I've always had a hunch that Sasuke and Itachi are direct descendants of Madara or Izuna and that each line of the clan had a different MS ability. Why? Madara was the leader of the Uchiha in the elder day and Fugaku was the leader before Itachi killed him. That would be one explanation as to why Madara, Itachi and Sasuke can all use Susanoo. Obviously there isn't a lot of evidence to back this up.
    This is interesting, they are, of course distant relatives. Susanoo is a very touchy topic. We don't know much about it at the moment.

The Sage was known as the creator of everything, so why not? It was his son after all! :P

Quote Originally Posted by niblack89 View Post
    I don't think Kakashi has seen the tablet. The tablet is hidden within the Uchiha clan and only they know about it.
    And this is why I think Kakashi's MS is out of the blue. At least Sasuke read that thing. And Itachi also told him the "secret" when he murdered the whole clan.

Last edited by DorianDiaconu; 01-14-2013 at 04:37 PM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The Sage was known as the creator of everything, so why not? It was his son after all! :P
    The sage was not known as that :flaw:

He had an ability called Creation of all Things, and he invented ninjutsu. However that doesn't mean he created everything nor does it mean he created every jutsu ever. Even if he did, that would mean he unlocked all the MS abilities not his son.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope

The sage was not known as that :flaw:

He had an ability called Creation of all Things, and he invented ninjutsu. However that doesn't mean he created everything nor does it mean he created every jutsu ever. Even if he did, that would mean he unlocked all the MS abilities not his son.
    We actually don't know much about the Sage so I just supposed something.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

My theory is that direct family inherit the same eye techniques and that is what was meant as every magenkeyo is different. why is it that Madara, Sasuke and itachi have the same eye techniques and everyone else's is different? I think its because they are directly related, obito's MS is way different and so is suishi. Also if you say that all ms can do susanoo, tskyuomi and amateratsu then why doesn't itachi, sasuke and madara have truly unique eye techs? they are TOO similar to brush off.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Genius eyes of a generation

Pure chance. You simply get what you get.

There's no evidence of that. Sasuke would have never been surprised by Itachi using Susanoo if that information was documented on the tablet.

All ocular powers aren't name after a Kami, either. The term "Kamui" literally translates to "Might of the Kami".