Page 2 of 2 « First 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21
    Nexus's Avatar
    Status
    Nexus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    10,475
    Location
    Croatian Empire
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Windows Live Messenger 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzamaki Naruto-Kun View Post
    What OS are you running on ur system?
    Windows XP Professional SP3
     
         

  2. #22
    私はエマ<3を愛して Uzamaki Naruto-Kun's Avatar
    Status
    Uzamaki Naruto-Kun is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,633
    Location
    Leicester [UK]
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Windows Live Messenger 2009

    Try this

    this happens because you contact store is corrupted..

    Code:
    Vista
    =►To delete the Messenger contact store, follow these steps.
    ★Note This procedure deletes all the contacts on the local computer. The contacts will then be downloaded from the server the next time that you sign in to Messenger.
    =►Windows Vista
    1.Show (unhide) hidden files and folders:
    a.Click Start, and then click My Computer.
    b.In the new window, click the Organize drop-down list, and then select the Folder and Search options check box.
    c.In the Folder options window, click the View tab.
    d.Make sure that the Show hidden files and folders check box is selected.
    e.Click Ok, and then close the window.
    2.Delete the contact store:
    .Click Start, and then click Computer.
    a.Locate the following folder:
    C:\Users\Windows_log-on_name\Contacts\…
    b.Delete all the files that are in this folder.
    c.Locate and open the following folder:
    C:\Users\Windows_log-on_name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
    d.Delete all the folders that are in this folder, including the hidden folders.
    e.Close the window, and then try signing in to Windows Live Messenger.

    Code:
    XP
    1.Show (unhide) hidden files and folders:
    a.Click Start, and then point to My Computer.
    b.In the My Computer window, click Folder Options on the Tools menu.
    c.In the Folder Options window, click the View tab.
    d.Make sure that the Show hidden files and folders check box is selected.
    e.Click Ok, and then close the window.
    2.Delete the contact store:
    .Click Start, and then click My Computer.
    a.Locate the following folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Windows_log-on_name\Contacts\Me…
    b.Delete all the files that are in this folder.
    c.Locate the following folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Windows_log-on_name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
    d.Delete all the folders, including the hidden folders, that are in this folder.
    e.Close the window, and then try signing in to Windows Live Messenger.
     
         

  3. #23
    Nexus's Avatar
    Status
    Nexus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    10,475
    Location
    Croatian Empire
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Windows Live Messenger 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzamaki Naruto-Kun View Post
    Try this

    this happens because you contact store is corrupted..

    Code:
    Vista
    =►To delete the Messenger contact store, follow these steps.
    ★Note This procedure deletes all the contacts on the local computer. The contacts will then be downloaded from the server the next time that you sign in to Messenger.
    =►Windows Vista
    1.Show (unhide) hidden files and folders:
    a.Click Start, and then click My Computer.
    b.In the new window, click the Organize drop-down list, and then select the Folder and Search options check box.
    c.In the Folder options window, click the View tab.
    d.Make sure that the Show hidden files and folders check box is selected.
    e.Click Ok, and then close the window.
    2.Delete the contact store:
    .Click Start, and then click Computer.
    a.Locate the following folder:
    C:\Users\Windows_log-on_name\Contacts\
    b.Delete all the files that are in this folder.
    c.Locate and open the following folder:
    C:\Users\Windows_log-on_name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
    d.Delete all the folders that are in this folder, including the hidden folders.
    e.Close the window, and then try signing in to Windows Live Messenger.

    Code:
    XP
    1.Show (unhide) hidden files and folders:
    a.Click Start, and then point to My Computer.
    b.In the My Computer window, click Folder Options on the Tools menu.
    c.In the Folder Options window, click the View tab.
    d.Make sure that the Show hidden files and folders check box is selected.
    e.Click Ok, and then close the window.
    2.Delete the contact store:
    .Click Start, and then click My Computer.
    a.Locate the following folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Windows_log-on_name\Contacts\Me
    b.Delete all the files that are in this folder.
    c.Locate the following folder:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Windows_log-on_name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts
    d.Delete all the folders, including the hidden folders, that are in this folder.
    e.Close the window, and then try signing in to Windows Live Messenger.
    still no contacts in the list
     
         

  4. #24
    Sin's Avatar
    Status
    Sin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    12,012
    Location
    Scotland
    Dårlig Ulv Stranden
     



    Re: Windows Live Messenger 2009

    Show a screenshot to see what its like then maybe that will give some further help
     
         

  5. #25
    私はエマ<3を愛して Uzamaki Naruto-Kun's Avatar
    Status
    Uzamaki Naruto-Kun is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,633
    Location
    Leicester [UK]
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Windows Live Messenger 2009

    I'll do some more research 4 u
     
         

  6. #26
    Nexus's Avatar
    Status
    Nexus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    10,475
    Location
    Croatian Empire
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Windows Live Messenger 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzamaki Naruto-Kun View Post
    I'll do some more research 4 u
    :overjoy:
     
         

  7. #27
    私はエマ<3を愛して Uzamaki Naruto-Kun's Avatar
    Status
    Uzamaki Naruto-Kun is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,633
    Location
    Leicester [UK]
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Windows Live Messenger 2009

    Are u able to view ur contacts by signing into msn through ur browser?
     
         

  8. #28
    Nexus's Avatar
    Status
    Nexus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    10,475
    Location
    Croatian Empire
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Windows Live Messenger 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzamaki Naruto-Kun View Post
    Are u able to view ur contacts by signing into msn through ur browser?

    yup
     
         

  9. #29
    私はエマ<3を愛して Uzamaki Naruto-Kun's Avatar
    Status
    Uzamaki Naruto-Kun is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,633
    Location
    Leicester [UK]
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Windows Live Messenger 2009

    Download Teamviewer So that you are able to connect to my pc and c if u can view ur contact list through there
     
         

  10. #30
    Nexus's Avatar
    Status
    Nexus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    10,475
    Location
    Croatian Empire
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Windows Live Messenger 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzamaki Naruto-Kun View Post
    Download Teamviewer So that you are able to connect to my pc and c if u can view ur contact list through there
    i added u on yahoo, lets talk there
     
         

  11. #31
    私はエマ<3を愛して Uzamaki Naruto-Kun's Avatar
    Status
    Uzamaki Naruto-Kun is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,633
    Location
    Leicester [UK]
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Windows Live Messenger 2009

    Are u online?
     
         

  12. #32
    Nexus's Avatar
    Status
    Nexus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    10,475
    Location
    Croatian Empire
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Windows Live Messenger 2009

    i should actually get that award now but Dougy helped a lot also, and never gave up so thanks, here's your award

    and a big thanks to everyone who tried :D
     
         

Page 2 of 2 « First 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •