Page 9 of 12 « First ... 56789101112 Last»
Results 161 to 180 of 222
  1. #161
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
    I have absolutely no problems with Sasuke. He is one of my favorite characters, so dont assume you know my preferences based on one comment where i did nothing but state the truth. Revenge in itself is a selfish act. Please explain to me how stabbing Karin just to wound Danzo isnt an extremely selfish act. Id love to hear your explanation.
    Post #156
     
         

  2. #162
    Banned
    Status
    TheBrightSide is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,185
    Location
    Fairfax Virginia
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    Post #156
    Sorry but his instantaneous consent to Obito's demand after she helped him win the fight with Danzo and had saved his life more than once is beyond selfish. He used her for what she was worth, and then didnt hesitate to try and kill her. Making him both a killer and selfish.
     
         

  3. #163
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
    Sorry but his instantaneous consent to Obito's demand after she helped him win the fight with Danzo and had saved his life more than once is beyond selfish. He used her for what she was worth, and then didnt hesitate to try and kill her. Making him both a killer and selfish.
    Not really, she was given a choice when she was recruited. Sasuke made it clear to all of them, that they were mere tools for his revenge, just before Sasuke fought Itachi. A tool is meant to serve its purpose and get trashed when it can serve no further. They knew what they were in for, Sasuke never lied to them or cheated them, in fact, they were free to leave whenever they pleased.
     
         

  4. #164
    Banned
    Status
    TheBrightSide is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,185
    Location
    Fairfax Virginia
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    Not really, she was given a choice when she was recruited. Sasuke made it clear to all of them, that they were mere tools for his revenge, just before Sasuke fought Itachi. A tool is meant to serve its purpose and get trashed when it can serve no further. They knew what they were in for, Sasuke never lied to them or cheated them, in fact, they were free to leave whenever they pleased.
    He never showed any care towards any of them really and thats justified because he told them beforehand that he was going to use them as tools? Is that not selfish? Revenge has always been on his mind since the beginning of the series to satisfy his own desires. He was willing to do anything to achieve that goal including severing ties with friends regardless of how much it hurt them. He decided to go with Oro after he nearly caused the destruction of his entire home village. Just for more power to satisfy his own goals. He is a selfish character. Calling him selfless is an absolute joke.
     
         

  5. #165
    Member chOn33z's Avatar
    Status
    chOn33z is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    154
    Location
    arizona
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    what r u talking about lol? He apparentley doesn't even give a sh*t about his own team that would sacrifice themselves for him cause he totally bailed out on them after he destroyed the summit and the roof came crashing down smashing his comrades and it didn't even cross his mind to check or even wonder if they were ok or alive and the onlt person he even thought about takin with him after that was karin only because she knew where to find danzo. Then even after lettin him bite the crap out of her body and constantly giving him all of her chakra and just plain out loving him to death, she gets caught for ONE second and he sacrafices her just to kill danzo and he didn't even think twice about it cause killing the poor girl was sooo easy for him. Then sakura comes and even said that she wanted to go with him and help him out and he thought ok just cause she knew medicinal ninjutsu and once she turned around he tried to kill her for no reason AT ALL. So ur thread is just plain ass backwards. I don't think that there's even anyone that's more selfish than sasuke when I think about it and. Its not a hard debate at all
     
         

  6. #166
    Sage Class Sephy100's Avatar
    Status
    Sephy100 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,907
    Location
    New York
    Losing to an infinite combo
    hurts :(
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    This should end the thread.


    SELFISH
    1.
    devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily with one's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless of others.
    2.
    characterized by or manifesting concern or care only for oneself: selfish motives.
    Reference
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/selfish
     
         

  7. #167
    S-Rank Sonnin Sage mode Tobi's Avatar
    Status
    Sage mode Tobi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    346
    Location
    Outside of your window...
    Ticked off!
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    Selfless, not a chance. Lets do a head count: got the curse mark and tried to kill Naruto, killed his teacher Oro, got thrashed by his brother who collapsed dead,left Suigetsu and Juugo for dead at the Kage meeting,and last but not least, stabbed Karin in the chest with a lightning blade. He doesn't have a loyal bone in his body. He's a Judas.
     
         

  8. #168
    Member Black Ace's Avatar
    Status
    Black Ace is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    602
    Location
    Between Heaven and Hell
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    I think suaske is selfish. Because he wont to avenges his hole clan by defeating itachi. That come and gone... Now he want to destroy the Leaf Villege.
     
         

  9. #169
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrightSide View Post
    He never showed any care towards any of them really and thats justified because he told them beforehand that he was going to use them as tools? Is that not selfish? Revenge has always been on his mind since the beginning of the series to satisfy his own desires. He was willing to do anything to achieve that goal including severing ties with friends regardless of how much it hurt them. He decided to go with Oro after he nearly caused the destruction of his entire home village. Just for more power to satisfy his own goals. He is a selfish character. Calling him selfless is an absolute joke.
    Tools for the realisation of his goal, which was retribution for his family, not for himself. He is an avenger, he is out to avenge their deaths. Sasuke's true home was his house with his parents and brother, which was burned down long ago. Konoha was never his home.
     
         

  10. #170
    Blood of the Dragon Viserys Targaryen's Avatar
    Status
    Viserys Targaryen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18,260
    Location
    Old Valyria
    HiddenSound
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    Ya know what? You're right. Sasuke is, in your biased opninion, "selfless" even though that's not true and that everything he's doing is so that he can feel better about his treacherous clan. That also excuses Sasuke's crimes such as murdering a Hokage candidate, infiltrating the Gokage Summit, murdering several Samurai, attempting to murder ever current Kage, joining Akatsuki and working with Obito, another insane Uchiha, attacking Kumogakure, attempting to capture Kumo's Jinchuriki and the Raikage's brother,and resurrecting Orochimaru, an infamous madman hell-bent on world domination.
    Oh wait... It doesn't. Sasuke is still insane and still selfish.
     
         

  11. #171
    Blood of the Dragon Viserys Targaryen's Avatar
    Status
    Viserys Targaryen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18,260
    Location
    Old Valyria
    HiddenSound
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    Also, while you're defending Sasuke, where will his goal start to become pure insanity? I can understand killing Danzo and the Elders, but he wants to obliterate Konoha. Obliterate the innocents. Is that not just batshit insane to you?
     
         

  12. #172
    Mr. Blue Crow.'s Avatar
    Status
    Crow. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,533
    Location
    Lost, but not alone.
    You're more than I can
    believe.
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    There is a vast difference between selfless, and obedient. And Sasuke is very very obedient.
     
         

  13. #173
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenSound View Post
    Also, while you're defending Sasuke, where will his goal start to become pure insanity? I can understand killing Danzo and the Elders, but he wants to obliterate Konoha. Obliterate the innocents. Is that not just batshit insane to you?
    The word I used was selfless, not sane.
     
         

  14. #174
    Blood of the Dragon Viserys Targaryen's Avatar
    Status
    Viserys Targaryen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18,260
    Location
    Old Valyria
    HiddenSound
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    The word I used was selfless, not sane.
    True selflessness is embodied by the noble personification of true Shinobi: Danzo Shimura.
    I'm tired, I'm out.
     
         

  15. #175
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenSound View Post
    True selflessness is embodied by the noble personification of true Shinobi: Danzo Shimura.
    I'm tired, I'm out.
    :rofl:
     
         

  16. #176
    Member Spectre27's Avatar
    Status
    Spectre27 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    111
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    Quote Originally Posted by KGB Kakuzu View Post
    At first no. But when he went to Orochimaru it was a tad bit reckless...he was willing to betray his home (which his clan Honourably represented....well st the time) just to avenge his clan....kind of put a black mark on his already destroyed clan. Then once realizing his clan was killed on an order...I believe this is when he starts to cross into selfish. Sasuke decides everyone in Konoha must die, because his clan was murdered for trying to rebel....honestly there is more to life than just the clan...the village, family, and friends make up life. I mean hey look at Hinata....she was a main branch member, but didn't think of her clan as the greatest thing in the world.

    The farthest Sasuke should have taken this was liking Danzo. Danzo is practically the soul person behind his clan's demise as I believe Hiruzen could have talked it out. Sadly Danzo did his stupid, this method makes Konoha's safety absolute so we do it...

    But no he chose that everyone still needed to die because they all laughed in happiness thanks to Itachi's sacrifice. Note that even Sasuke kinda had laughs or good moments from this as well so it is almost hypocritical.

    Sasuke started out very selfless in terms of avenging s clan and helping Naruto....his obsession on revenge turned to childish and rash decisions
    Exactly. Danzo is pretty much the sole reason for the whole massacre.
    I don't see how anyone else besides Danzo could be held accountable.
     
         

  17. #177
    Hunter-Nin MystNin13's Avatar
    Status
    MystNin13 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    282
    Location
    Oregon
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    He's an avenger...for his own self satisfaction and he continue to seek revenge against someone new because his lust for blood has no limits. He's a selfish brat but hopefully that will soon change, hopefully he can adopt the morals of his brother which would truly make him a selfless person who understands the true meaning of self-sacrifice
     
         

  18. #178
    Academy Student 4Qkiller's Avatar
    Status
    4Qkiller is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    An eye for an eye makes you blind
     
         

  19. #179
    Member RYUZZAKI's Avatar
    Status
    RYUZZAKI is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    58
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    no
     
         

  20. #180
    Member Barrath's Avatar
    Status
    Barrath is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    322
    Location
    United States
    So many questions!!!
     

    Re: Sasuke is one of the most selfless people.

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    When has Sasuke ever done anything out of selfishness?

    His entire life has been about avenging the slaughter of his Mother, his Father, and his clan. Is that selfish? To put his own life at horrible risk for people who aren't even alive anymore, just so the pain inside his chest has meaning? To make sure, that his Brother's horrendous suffering doesn't come to naught.

    To loose himself in hatred, abandon every decent thing in his life, for a cause that was lost long ago.

    An eye for an eye. Has anyone ever gained anything from that? They have only lost.

    On the contrary, I think he is one of the most selfish characters in the series. His whole life goals are indeed avenging his family, but it is for his own personal satisfaction, as is all vengeance. He is in fact so dead set on it he abandons endangers his comrades for his personal lust for vengeance and power. That is pure selfishness. I love Sasuke as a character, and feel for what he's been through. However, he is the farthest thing from selfless.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •