Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Naruto Chapter 616 - My Discussion Points [Hinata with MS?]

First let me say this is my first thread post.

After waiting 3 weeks for the next issue to come out, I was a little underwhelmed with this chapter. Here are my thoughts:
    1. If Sasuke has returned to the Leaf to "go to where it all began" then I'm thinking he means one of two things:
    - He's going to that secret Uchiha lair to read the stone, now that he has Itachi's eyes. He won't be able to read all of it because he doesn't have the rinnegan, but maybe he'll discover something new.

OR

- He's going back to the time and place of the Uchiha massacre. Time travel isn't impossible in the Narutoverse so maybe he just wants to see it all go down for himself.

2. Is the ninja on page 3 supposed to be Hinata with a MS? Sasuke doesn't doesn't have purple hair. And it says "heriones" plural. Then again, it also says "heroes" plural. But maybe through this battle Hinata unlocks the sharingan? It's supposed to be possible since rinnegan can be unlocked from sharingan. Interesting if she did, but what would be the point? Another way to introduce the sharingan back into the village since Sasuke is out? Why not just start implanting all of the eyes Obito has? He had plenty.

3. Awesome that Orochimaru, Sasuke, and friends can just walk into the village during war. No one notices?

4. Everyone gets a fox cloak? Seems a little cheesy. Even still, they get fox chakra and then what? The 10-tails is still supposed to be a million times stronger. The fox even said that.

5. Talk, talk, talk in the middle. We didn't need to hear the final dialogue between fathers and kids. Boring.

6. Ino may not get a lot of credit but she's pulled off a mind transfer on Obito/the ten-tails twice now. Strategically that is a pretty good technique.

7. We know now that Naruto is going to try to get inside the ten-tails' mind somehow. He says it on the bottom of page 15. Maybe he'll do it through Kurama? Maybe the tailed beasts are still conscious inside the ten-tails somehow and they'll help Naruto defeat the ten-tails from within? Where is all of the chakra that the other beasts gave him?

8. Anyone else notice that it's all about the Leaf and their techniques at this point?

9. The plot is maybe leading us towards Naruto getting inside the mind of the ten-tails, but didn't we just learn that you have to attack the mind first? They have immobilized the ten-tails (like they did once already) so shouldn't they be attacking Madara and Obito next? And last I checked edo Madara nearly killed all 5 kages. What new technique is he going to whip out that can suddenly scratch Madara? And I guess the rest of the army can get Obito?

Thanks for reading my thread. Hope you found it interesting.

Advanced Anti Sakura Unit GenKiDama's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ban Count 24. Estimated time
    Spent Banned: 7 Months

Re: Naruto Chapter 616 - My Discussion Points [Hinata with MS?]

Pretty good first thread there, I agree I expected more this chapter.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has a status.

this chapter was stupid, kishi is out of cool thoughts.. i'm really sick of this whole "my friends" bullshit.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Saw hinata with ms and stopped reading.
    Brb killing self.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by dtsleo View Post
    First let me say this is my first thread post.

After waiting 3 weeks for the next issue to come out, I was a little underwhelmed with this chapter. Here are my thoughts:
    1. If Sasuke has returned to the Leaf to "go to where it all began" then I'm thinking he means one of two things:
    - He's going to that secret Uchiha lair to read the stone, now that he has Itachi's eyes. He won't be able to read all of it because he doesn't have the rinnegan, but maybe he'll discover something new.
    Honestly, I am afraid he might end up reviving the Sage of Six Paths, or something equally ridiculous.

OR

- He's going back to the time and place of the Uchiha massacre. Time travel isn't impossible in the Narutoverse so maybe he just wants to see it all go down for himself.
    I seriously doubt that. He may be looking for something Itachi left behind (or suspect Itachi left something). You know how Itachi is with being able to plan ahead to ridiculous extremes.

2. Is the ninja on page 3 supposed to be Hinata with a MS? Sasuke doesn't doesn't have purple hair. And it says "heriones" plural. Then again, it also says "heroes" plural. But maybe through this battle Hinata unlocks the sharingan? It's supposed to be possible since rinnegan can be unlocked from sharingan. Interesting if she did, but what would be the point? Another way to introduce the sharingan back into the village since Sasuke is out? Why not just start implanting all of the eyes Obito has? He had plenty.
    I think that's mainly supposed to be art. It shows Sakura as a samurai (as well as... a girl with blue hair... could be Hinata...) as well as Naruto... might be reading a bit much into it.

At most, I would say it implies a genetic link between the Byakugan and the Sharingan. Or that there's a female Uchiha who is going to crop up out of nowhere. Uchiha are like Orochimaru, these days. For an extinct clan, there's a no shortage of them to cause problems.

3. Awesome that Orochimaru, Sasuke, and friends can just walk into the village during war. No one notices?
    To be fair, they are elite ninja.

4. Everyone gets a fox cloak? Seems a little cheesy. Even still, they get fox chakra and then what? The 10-tails is still supposed to be a million times stronger. The fox even said that.
    Naruto has always supposed to have been about asymmetric combat. By powering up certain abilities that work in a variety of ways (as opposed to just trying to brute-force destroy something), one could defeat something that is more powerful.

Or, perhaps more appropriately, it still takes roughly the same amount of force to break a man's neck, no matter how skilled a martial artist he is.

How could an X-wing destroy a giant space station the size of a moon?

5. Talk, talk, talk in the middle. We didn't need to hear the final dialogue between fathers and kids. Boring.
    That was a little frustrating. I was actually anticipating some arrogant lecture from Madara with regards to Hinata (you would think the whole rivalry of the eyes would have sparked some comment or another)... and because he likes to say: "Hey, you all hold up a minute. I'm going to talk."

6. Ino may not get a lot of credit but she's pulled off a mind transfer on Obito/the ten-tails twice now. Strategically that is a pretty good technique.
    I'm honestly surprised Kishimoto is using the support characters. Historically, it's been: "Remember, teamwork is important. So don't worry guys, I've got this!" from Naruto.

8. Anyone else notice that it's all about the Leaf and their techniques at this point?
    Kind of always has. I think this is a clash of long-term planning and short term development on Kishimoto's part. The other villages were developed as a means to expand the universe but were not really thought of when it came to the overall plot progression (which has been very centered around the Leaf - which suggests many of these ideas were around as abstract concepts from years ago, but plot developments between then and now have expanded the universe in ways that the original concept did not include).

9. The plot is maybe leading us towards Naruto getting inside the mind of the ten-tails, but didn't we just learn that you have to attack the mind first? They have immobilized the ten-tails (like they did once already) so shouldn't they be attacking Madara and Obito next? And last I checked edo Madara nearly killed all 5 kages. What new technique is he going to whip out that can suddenly scratch Madara? And I guess the rest of the army can get Obito?
    Call me crazy... but I think Hinata's got Madara covered.

Or someone will just interrupt the edo tensei used to bring him back.

I might just end up waiting for a few months before picking the manga back up. Then it won't be so irritating to me when the plot development in each chapter seems to be lacking.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i support that travel through time technique.it was the first thing that popped in my mind

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happily married to
    thatsAslap7. XD

Read "Hinata with MS" then lost interest.

Not gonna happen.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Thats not hinata its sasuke, the purple is part of the helmet.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    FOOD?I love it. CHICKENS i
    BAKE; But if you want BEEF
    then your life is at STEAK!!!

It would be pointless to go back to the tablet now. He already knows where the tablet is he wouldn't need oro to lead him. My guess he is gonna talk to the elders.

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not studying i am free

my god

how can you see sasuke as hinata first the purple is part of the helmet. not the hair plus i am gonna say this again in Japanese it says only heros (HEROS IN JAPANESE IT CAN MEAN BOTH FEMLAE AND MALE BUT IN ENGLISH THERE IS HERO AND HEROINE THATS EXPLAIN WHY THE TRANS WAS "HEROs AND HEROINEs" )

heros as naruto sasuke sakura ( who shown in the picture) so he didn’t mean other hero girl he meant the two boys and one girl

i didnt read the rest after no.2 i think alot did

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://narutobase.net/forums/s
    howthread.php?t=447692

Quote Originally Posted by GenKiDama View Post
    Pretty good first thread there, I agree I expected more this chapter.
    this ^:D

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Hinata with PMS.

Fixed the title for ya.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

People, don't you see the Uchiha crest on the helmet at the top of the sharingan person? There's only two Uchihas that are currently alive, Sasuke and Obito. We all know it's Sasuke.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

totally agree. they've overdone the friendship thing by now.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Aim64C View Post
    Honestly, I am afraid he might end up reviving the Sage of Six Paths, or something equally ridiculous.

That would be ridiculous. Let's hope it isn't that.

I seriously doubt that. He may be looking for something Itachi left behind (or suspect Itachi left something). You know how Itachi is with being able to plan ahead to ridiculous extremes.

Could be, yea.

I think that's mainly supposed to be art. It shows Sakura as a samurai (as well as... a girl with blue hair... could be Hinata...) as well as Naruto... might be reading a bit much into it.

At most, I would say it implies a genetic link between the Byakugan and the Sharingan. Or that there's a female Uchiha who is going to crop up out of nowhere. Uchiha are like Orochimaru, these days. For an extinct clan, there's a no shortage of them to cause problems.

True, but you never know. Some people thought that was Sasuke and the purple hair is part of the helmet. Not sure if they are looking at the dark purple threads or the light blue/purple hair the the hyuga have. You can see it to the right of Sakura's head. I can't remember what Sasuke's MS looks like, but that could tell us, right? They're all supposed to be unique.

To be fair, they are elite ninja.

True, but they detected Pain. Granted resources might be strained during war, but they might still have sensory guards.

Naruto has always supposed to have been about asymmetric combat. By powering up certain abilities that work in a variety of ways (as opposed to just trying to brute-force destroy something), one could defeat something that is more powerful.

Or, perhaps more appropriately, it still takes roughly the same amount of force to break a man's neck, no matter how skilled a martial artist he is.

How could an X-wing destroy a giant space station the size of a moon?

Good points.

That was a little frustrating. I was actually anticipating some arrogant lecture from Madara with regards to Hinata (you would think the whole rivalry of the eyes would have sparked some comment or another)... and because he likes to say: "Hey, you all hold up a minute. I'm going to talk."

I actually might enjoy reading that dialogue. Madara belittling the byakugan might be funny. If the sharingan can unlock special techniques when the user is strained or near death, why not the byakugan?

I'm honestly surprised Kishimoto is using the support characters. Historically, it's been: "Remember, teamwork is important. So don't worry guys, I've got this!" from Naruto.

Very true. I think it would have been cool to see cool technique from all the villages though. Plot would be more interesting if they demonstrated techniques that made the Leaf quake.

Kind of always has. I think this is a clash of long-term planning and short term development on Kishimoto's part. The other villages were developed as a means to expand the universe but were not really thought of when it came to the overall plot progression (which has been very centered around the Leaf - which suggests many of these ideas were around as abstract concepts from years ago, but plot developments between then and now have expanded the universe in ways that the original concept did not include).

Call me crazy... but I think Hinata's got Madara covered.
    That would be an interesting battle.
    Or someone will just interrupt the edo tensei used to bring him back.
    Edo tensei has already been released. Madara is immune to it now.
    I might just end up waiting for a few months before picking the manga back up. Then it won't be so irritating to me when the plot development in each chapter seems to be lacking.
    Thanks for the reply. Interesting thoughts.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

you could be right. sasuke would make more sense. but the hair/thread just to the right of saukra's head is the match of the hyuga clan's hair.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Makoto View Post
    People, don't you see the Uchiha crest on the helmet at the top of the sharingan person? There's only two Uchihas that are currently alive, Sasuke and Obito. We all know it's Sasuke.
    I saw the clan symbol on the helmet and that's why I was confused by what looked like Hyuga clan hair color to the right of sakura's head. sasuke would make more sense for sure. Remember what Sasuke's MS looked like? They're all supposed to be unique, right? So if it matches, then it would confirm Sasuke or at least his eyes (itachi's).

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by fayeon View Post
    my god

how can you see sasuke as hinata first the purple is part of the helmet. not the hair plus i am gonna say this again in Japanese it says only heros (HEROS IN JAPANESE IT CAN MEAN BOTH FEMLAE AND MALE BUT IN ENGLISH THERE IS HERO AND HEROINE THATS EXPLAIN WHY THE TRANS WAS "HEROs AND HEROINEs" )

heros as naruto sasuke sakura ( who shown in the picture) so he didn’t mean other hero girl he meant the two boys and one girl

i didnt read the rest after no.2 i think alot did
    Could be right. Sasuke would make more sense. To me though, it looks like Hyuga clan light blue/purple hair to the right of sakura's head.