Page 1 of 4 1234 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 85
  1. #1
    Member BeastMode's Avatar
    Status
    BeastMode is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    In the Clouds
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    So, here is a link to an interview with Kishimoto:

    http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/07/...urprises-left/

    But for the ones that Don't want to wait:



    Question: Let us ask you something about your exciting work, that is so greatly admired. Has the end of Naruto already been decided?
    Kishimoto-sensei: Not everything is set in stone just yet. For example, I haven’t decided on the events that lead to the end, but the end itself has been decided pretty clearly. So from here on out it will just be a matter of running towards that point.

    Question: In that case, do you have in mind how the very last volume will flow?
    Kishimoto-sensei: No, you won’t be able to read something like that just yet (laugh). The story really hasn’t progressed as much as I was expecting. About three years ago, at Jump Festa, I said that I would give Kakashi more to do in the manga. However, I still haven’t been able to do that. Honestly, I myself don’t know how much it will take. Nishio-san, who takes care of the character designs for the anime, also asked me for how long the story would continue and I answered “About one year and a half”. But it seems like it will take longer than that.

    Question: Can we expect any more surprises?
    Kishimoto-sensei: There are still quite a few. Some characters who originally weren’t going to appear will come up again. And then, well, things are going to get exciting with Naruto, so please give me your support.

    Question: Is there any material that you weren’t able to include in this year’s movie?
    Kishimoto-sensei: I intended to include all of the things that were inside my head. It’s just that I also have some novel ideas. There is some material that I probably won’t be able to insert in the original work, but if I get the okay of the editorial department, secretly I’d like to include it somewhere, like in a non-serialized story. Some suspenseful developments, the details are a secret, but there are many challenges that I’d like to face.
     
         

  2. #2
    ~ BLACK MAMBA ~ The Infernal Spirit's Avatar
    Status
    The Infernal Spirit is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    422
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    A story is ever changing that is no surprise.Its not like he even tried obscuring the fact that he did not have it all down.What is your point ?
     
         

  3. #3
    Mikasa es mi casa . -Esdeath-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Esdeath- is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    with Mikasa/Esdese/Konan/Rui/Kanon.
    Posts
    24,951
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attack on Titan/Akame Ga
    kill/Code
    Breaker/Coppelion/Deadman
    Wonderland = Favorite mangas.
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    Kishi is shitting on his own manga ....sad but true
     
         

  4. #4
    Senior Member OrochimaruFan's Avatar
    Status
    OrochimaruFan is offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    reddit
    Posts
    4,732
    Post Thanks / Like
    Black hat, white shoes, and
    I'm red all over
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    bidoof.
     
         

  5. #5
    Waltz Loser's Avatar
    Status
    Loser is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Where the white women at
    Posts
    5,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oxford Comma
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    I remember reading this when it came out and thinking the same thing...
     
         

  6. #6
    "Real Talk" Dubbuoo's Avatar
    Status
    Dubbuoo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,805
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everything is purple
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    who cares it might be more interesting then a well thought out one...
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member shanee's Avatar
    Status
    shanee is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Califorina
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus. Snowboarding. Video.
    Music.
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    mehh
     
         

  8. #8
    Easily Startled AaaaNinja's Avatar
    Status
    AaaaNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drawing stuff.
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    Isn't that how writing goes? You have to start somewhere. You have an ending, and you have the point that you're at. Then you try to connect your current location to the ending that you envision. Isn't that all that he's doing? Some writers write backwards. But with serialized manga there's really only one direction that's possible to go, and everything that's been set down so far is what you're committed to.
     
         

  9. #9
    The Professor Forget Me Not's Avatar
    Status
    Forget Me Not is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    742
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apathetic
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    I really highly doubt that. These 'interviews' aren't even reliable.

    It seems odd that fans seem to think this and then this starts floating around out of the blue. Coincidence? No, because these 'sources' are utilizing the fact that they're regarded as reputable so they can put out any nonsense they want and people will buy into it. They're publishing what THEY believe and want OTHERS to believe. NONE of this is actually CONFIRMED. Show a video otherwise. But they probably don't have one because they probably didn't really interview him.

    Personally, it would be inane for an author to not have any mildly consistent plot documented and ready made. I don't believe this for a minute.

    If he is just writing this as he goes then he sure is doing a pretty fine job. I have absolutely no complaints. But FYI, the storyline and everything is already made.

    We all seem to be forgetting that Masashi Kisimoto is an actual certified, PROFESSIONAL writer.
     
         
    Last edited by Forget Me Not; 01-17-2013 at 05:48 AM.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Status
    Melanee is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    If you look back, there is no doubt many of the events happening now were foreshadowed. Possibly though, he thought too far ahead and forgot a lot of stuff we fans didn't and so we spot the plot holes. He's throwing random stuff out to try and fill up the middle, but I think the reason it's taking longer is because he is trying to keep all his promises and is dragging it out too much because he just doesn't know what to do with everyone (regarding development). Just my opinion.

    Being a fanfic writer, I have done that myself to be honest. Especially when I started trying to please the reviewers. My own ideas sort of fell through the cracks due to certain characters popularity.

    He said to stick with him to the end, so I'm going to do that. I have faith it'll all turn out alright.
     
         

  11. #11
    The Unbiased one slaton02's Avatar
    Status
    slaton02 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    3,229
    Post Thanks / Like
    Owning Em
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    the basic story is already set up and pre planned but there are things that wasn't orginally supposed to happen, I kinda feel Neji's death was something Kishi threw in to make the war more emotional. The only other anime I watched was dbz and we all know how the story was so, Naruto's is perfect compared to dbz's make it up as you go plot.
     
         

  12. #12
    Senior Member Ero sennin jiraiya's Avatar
    Status
    Ero sennin jiraiya is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    The basic plot is already pre-planned out but the specifics aren't He is making things up on a week to week basis, such as the specifics on how things happen and the different events in fights and such. I actually have an interesting bit from one of my manga volumes that is kishi talking about the pressure to get the manga done every week and such. I'll dig it out and type it up in a little bit.
     
         

  13. #13
    The Professor Forget Me Not's Avatar
    Status
    Forget Me Not is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    742
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apathetic
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    Quote Originally Posted by slaton02 View Post
    the basic story is already set up and pre planned but there are things that wasn't orginally supposed to happen, I kinda feel Neji's death was something Kishi threw in to make the war more emotional. The only other anime I watched was dbz and we all know how the story was so, Naruto's is perfect compared to dbz's make it up as you go plot.
    Neji's death can't be "thrown in there". Nothing can just be magically "thrown in there." It doesn't work like that.

    Like you said, he has the plot down and everything. He's free to make modifications as he goes if 2 and 2 doesn't add up, but that's all. The only case where he can just "throw things in" is if he's extending the plot. If he just up and made Neji die, if there's other parts of the plot that involve him he would have to revise those parts accordingly else there would be contradictions. And I doubt he has the time for that. That's not even logical.

    Moral of the story: He has all of this pre-written. He deploys the manga in a timely fashion because otherwise it would have no luster; that's how sequel/manga storylines work.
     
         

  14. #14
    Member superfuzzyllama's Avatar
    Status
    superfuzzyllama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    233
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    Quote Originally Posted by slaton02 View Post
    the basic story is already set up and pre planned but there are things that wasn't orginally supposed to happen, I kinda feel Neji's death was something Kishi threw in to make the war more emotional. The only other anime I watched was dbz and we all know how the story was so, Naruto's is perfect compared to dbz's make it up as you go plot.
    Disagree with this, Neji's death was necessary to strengthen Naruto's resolve. Something had to happen to one of his closest friends in order for Naruto to nearly question everything, whilst it was a brief moment and Neji's death was definitely emotional, it wasn't thrown in. If it was someone's death like Kiba for example, then it be a different story.
     
         

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Status
    Kages is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    Ehh yeah he is
     
         

  16. #16
    ☆Mystogan☆ Jellal Fernandes's Avatar
    Status
    Jellal Fernandes is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ♡ Inside Erza ♡
    Posts
    4,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    Kishi just says that because he is being interviewed some of you guys might be mad because you don't like how the story is going and saying how it doesn't progress here and there....Kishi does stupid things but the manga is still standing so enjoy it..
     
         

  17. #17
    Easily Startled AaaaNinja's Avatar
    Status
    AaaaNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drawing stuff.
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    I have this artbook where Kishimoto talks about a Naruto/Sasuke/Gaara painting that he did and said that he was trying a new style and it was really hard and took a long time. And then when it was published, he got letters from fans who accused him of cutting corners or slacking (because the style looked simple) and it made him really upset.

    So, we have absolutely no clue about his process and also fan's hunches that they make up from whatever "clues" they decide to go by can be incorrect. Does he really just "throw stuff in" or does he do it because his editor ordered him to? Is there another way of writing stories that doesn't involve "making stuff up?" I don't know what you meant by that because stories don't come pre-existing, unless you count fairytales where you just retell it in a different setting with some of the names changed (or not changed)... which Kishi has done.
     
         
    Last edited by AaaaNinja; 01-17-2013 at 06:28 AM.

  18. #18
    The Professor Forget Me Not's Avatar
    Status
    Forget Me Not is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    742
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apathetic
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    Quote Originally Posted by AaaaNinja View Post
    I have this artbook where Kishimoto talks about a Naruto/Sasuke/Gaara painting that he did and said that he was trying a new technique and it was really hard and took a long time. And then when it was published, he got letters from fans who accused him of cutting corners or slacking (because the style looked simple) and it made him really upset.

    So, we have absolutely no clue about his process and also fan's hunches that they make up from whatever "clues" they decide to go by can be incorrect. Does he really just "throw stuff in" or does he do it because his editor ordered him to? Is there another way of writing stories that doesn't involve "making stuff up?" I don't know what you meant by that because stories don't come pre-existing, unless you count fairytales where you just retell it in a different setting with some of the names changed... which Kishi has done.
    The art absolutely does not come pre-made. That's why it's a process of drawing the chapters and shipping them.

    And you really have no proof of your claim at all. You're simply stating that fans were enraged. Where is this art book? Where is the headlines of this event? I want proof, I want VERBATIM. Please provide concrete evidence.

    Storylines ARE already ready made. Tweaks and such CAN HAPPEN, but you don't MAKE UP THE PLOT or "THROW IN THINGS" as you go. Or we would be waiting much longer THAN A WEEKLY PERIOD to receive the manga AND anime updates.

    I'm sorry, but the majority of Naruto fans must not know how publication works at all. You seriously do not throw out an animated series if you DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE ALREADY DOING. Everything is 100% PREMEDITATED. That's why he debuted the series in the FIRST PLACE.

    The only event where he can just throw things in as he goes is if he's extending the plot. The current plot isn't complete right now so THAT ISN'T WHAT'S HAPPENING.

    I don't know how much more clear I can make this. But everything in all caps is purely to add emphasis.
     
         

  19. #19
    Easily Startled AaaaNinja's Avatar
    Status
    AaaaNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drawing stuff.
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    Quote Originally Posted by Forget Me Not View Post
    The art absolutely does not come pre-made. That's why it's a process of drawing the chapters and shipping them.

    And you really have no proof of your claim at all. You're simply stating that fans were enraged. Where is this art book? Where is the headlines of this event? I want proof, I want VERBATIM. Please provide concrete evidence.

    Storylines ARE already ready made. Tweaks and such CAN HAPPEN, but you don't MAKE UP THE PLOT or "THROW IN THINGS" as you go. Or we would be waiting much longer THAN A WEEKLY PERIOD to receive the manga AND anime updates.

    I'm sorry, but the majority of Naruto fans must not know how publication works at all. You seriously do not throw out an animated series if you DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE ALREADY DOING. Everything is 100% PREMEDITATED. That's why he debuted the series in the FIRST PLACE.

    The only event where he can just throw things in as he goes is if he's extending the plot. The current plot isn't complete right now so THAT ISN'T WHAT'S HAPPENING.

    I don't know how much more clear I can make this. But everything in all caps is purely to add emphasis.
     
         

  20. #20
    Senior Member Ero sennin jiraiya's Avatar
    Status
    Ero sennin jiraiya is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    This is from volume 27 of the english Naruto manga

    The World of Masashi Kishimoto
    Personal History:Special friends part 1

    Manga artists hardly have time to go out. The reason? Every week, a new deadline. It's a pretty demanding line of work.

    Thus I keep declining invitations. Consequently, i keep shedding friends. At this point, my assistants are pretty much all i have left.
    As for my work, i spend four days alone, conjuring up plots(a process called "name") This part is different from the drawing, in that unless i come up with an idea, I can't move forward. Once i do find something, I then spend 3 days drawing it. Thing is, sometimes it takes 6 days to sort out a plot. When that happens, I've only got a day left to draw, so i have to lean heavily on my assistants to make the deadline.

    Even then i still have to generate a whole rough draft myself, which doesn't help much. The key to speeding things along is in finalizing the draft with pen. The simpler characters that use fewer lines my assistants can touch up for me. That said, I have only one assistant who can imitate my style of drawing, so the two of us have to handle most of the "big" work.

    Where we really run in to troubles, especially when we are behind schedule, is when Naruto conjures up a mass of shadow clones. For instance, take a look at vol.23 pages 64-66(i think this is chapter 203) Naruto is plastered everywhere, all over the 2 page spread. The two of us divided the work and drew like madmen. We were cutting so close to the deadline, we had to pull all-nighters. The moment we finished these two pages, my assistant collapsed and fell asleep. The thing is, though, we still had other pages to complete, so he could only take a quick nap! At times like this, i mentally apologize for his suffering, and hoping to soften the tension, i search for something to liven the workplace...for instance, shock therapy, so that day, while he was napping, I photocopied the two page spread and splattered ink all over it, as if by accident.... END

    Anyway reading this you can see how much effort and time they put into this manga, The dude literally eats sleeps and breathes nothin but Naruto like 95% of the year. And people complain when the manga is on break for a week, or the most recent chapter wasn't satisfying enough to them. These guys put their hearts and souls into this, and you all read it for free. Have some appreciation....and support the US releases.
     
         

  21. #21
    The Professor Forget Me Not's Avatar
    Status
    Forget Me Not is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    742
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apathetic
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    Quote Originally Posted by AaaaNinja View Post
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the plot. Read my post in entirety.

    This is merely arbitrary art.
     
         

  22. #22
    The Professor Forget Me Not's Avatar
    Status
    Forget Me Not is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    742
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apathetic
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    Quote Originally Posted by Ero sennin jiraiya View Post
    This is from volume 27 of the english Naruto manga

    The World of Masashi Kishimoto
    Personal History:Special friends part 1

    Manga artists hardly have time to go out. The reason? Every week, a new deadline. It's a pretty demanding line of work.

    Thus I keep declining invitations. Consequently, i keep shedding friends. At this point, my assistants are pretty much all i have left.
    As for my work, i spend four days alone, conjuring up plots(a process called "name") This part is different from the drawing, in that unless i come up with an idea, I can't move forward. Once i do find something, I then spend 3 days drawing it. Thing is, sometimes it takes 6 days to sort out a plot. When that happens, I've only got a day left to draw, so i have to lean heavily on my assistants to make the deadline.

    Even then i still have to generate a whole rough draft myself, which doesn't help much. The key to speeding things along is in finalizing the draft with pen. The simpler characters that use fewer lines my assistants can touch up for me. That said, I have only one assistant who can imitate my style of drawing, so the two of us have to handle most of the "big" work.

    Where we really run in to troubles, especially when we are behind schedule, is when Naruto conjures up a mass of shadow clones. For instance, take a look at vol.23 pages 64-66(i think this is chapter 203) Naruto is plastered everywhere, all over the 2 page spread. The two of us divided the work and drew like madmen. We were cutting so close to the deadline, we had to pull all-nighters. The moment we finished these two pages, my assistant collapsed and fell asleep. The thing is, though, we still had other pages to complete, so he could only take a quick nap! At times like this, i mentally apologize for his suffering, and hoping to soften the tension, i search for something to liven the workplace...for instance, shock therapy, so that day, while he was napping, I photocopied the two page spread and splattered ink all over it, as if by accident.... END

    Anyway reading this you can see how much effort and time they put into this manga, The dude literally eats sleeps and breathes nothin but Naruto like 95% of the year. And people complain when the manga is on break for a week, or the most recent chapter wasn't satisfying enough to them. These guys put their hearts and souls into this, and you all read it for free. Have some appreciation....and support the US releases.
    Yes, that's because he does need to draw all of this and consequently ship it off for publishing. The plot and everything is already complete. I've explained this already.

    And once again, this isn't proof either. This is text you posted. Please offer a legitimate citation.
     
         

  23. #23
    Senior Member Ero sennin jiraiya's Avatar
    Status
    Ero sennin jiraiya is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    Quote Originally Posted by Forget Me Not View Post
    Yes, that's because he does need to draw all of this and consequently ship it off for publishing. The plot and everything is already complete. I've explained this already.

    And once again, this isn't proof either. This is text you posted. Please offer a legitimate citation.
    Dude it's literally from volume 27 of the Naruto viz translation. You can refuse to believe it's real if you want, but you're just being a jackass. You really think i just made all of that up on the spot? Give me a break, kid. Go buy volume 27 and read it for yourself. If you actually supported the english releases and weren't a cheap bastard you could open up the book yourself and read it.

    Kishi's words > Your opinion. Deal with it.

    You can claim its fake but you're just making yourself look stupid. IF you read my previous post you would see that i had said that the general plot was already decided on. I don't know why you are randomly trying to start an argument with me, but you're a douche, that much is clear.
     
         
    Last edited by Ero sennin jiraiya; 01-17-2013 at 06:58 AM.

  24. #24
    Easily Startled AaaaNinja's Avatar
    Status
    AaaaNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drawing stuff.
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    Quote Originally Posted by Forget Me Not View Post
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the plot. Read my post in entirety.

    This is merely arbitrary art.
    See I was expecting a reply like that, because it's typical that there is a certain group of people who are never satisfied no matter what it is you lay before them... even if it is what they asked for. I humored you by posting the photo. Much of what I said was accurate, words like "cutting corners" were accurate (You, on the other hand, told me that I said fans were "enraged"..... who is the one making stuff up now?). And now that I have presented it, you respond that it's not enough. Now you want a citation. You have to define what you consider legitimate, because even if I comply, you'll come up with something else. This is: The Art of Naruto: UZUMAKI hardcover, first published in 2004, English translation arranged by SHUEISHA Inc., the same publisher of the manga, the photograph is from page 131.

    As for reading your post in its entirety, I noticed every instance you were putting words in my mouth. But I kept my mouth shut about that so you couldn't put in more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ero sennin jiraiya View Post
    Dude it's literally from volume 27 of the Naruto viz translation. You can refuse to believe it's real if you want, but you're just being a jackass. You really think i just made all of that up on the spot? Give me a break, kid. Go buy volume 27 and read it for yourself. If you actually supported the english releases and weren't a cheap bastard you could open up the book yourself and read it.
    I could say the same about the artbook.
     
         
    Last edited by AaaaNinja; 01-17-2013 at 06:59 AM.

  25. #25
    The Professor Forget Me Not's Avatar
    Status
    Forget Me Not is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    742
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apathetic
     

    Re: Proof That Kishi is Making It Up As He Goes

    Quote Originally Posted by Ero sennin jiraiya View Post
    Dude it's literally from volume 27 of the Naruto viz translation. You can refuse to believe it's real if you want, but you're just being a jackass. You really think i just made all of that up on the spot? Give me a break, kid. Go buy volume 27 and read it for yourself. If you actually supported the english releases and weren't a cheap bastard you could open up the book yourself and read it.
    Yeah, because Kishi clearly writes about personal details in his life in the Naruto Volumes.

    Where's the link? Where does it say that this is from that PARTICULAR Naruto volume? I'm refusing to believe it's real because it simply ISN'T. Your "proof" is in the same boat as OP's post--it's simply HEARSAY.

    Keep raging because you're mad that you're an idiot and can't actually find REAL proof.
     
         

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •