View Poll Results: Which team is better, Bayern or Man.U?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bayern Munchen

9 64.29%
  • Manchester United

5 35.71%
Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Bayern or Man.United

Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    Well, I'm here to debate - that's my role on the Sports section. So, I'll definitely try to prove you wrong.

Starting with this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...l-history.html

Somehow, take your time and read it. Furthermore, I feel that this side is better than the past last 2 seasons. Sure, we did reach the CL Final in 2011 but my point isn't in squad depth. For the past 2 years, ManU has invested a lot in youth and also had some bright players out from its academy. The likes of De Gea, Chicharito, Welbeck, Jones, Evans, Cleverley, Rafael, Fabio, Smalling, Buttner, Powell ect... And it's truly this season, that most of them seem to have improve the most and surpass a level of their play. They are much more reliant, confident and simply better in everything that they do now. Under an RVP in his best, a more complete Rooney & a Carrick who finally seem to have finish his degree under the Scholes/Giggs fictional academy, I'd say this side are better than the past 2 years. Despite the poor form of our wingers and the defensive issues.

Then there's the 2006/07 Squad which was the year, Ruud left and Rooney/Ronaldo finally became world-class. We had a good season and CR7/Wazza ended co-best-scorers for United with 23 goals each. However, they were not at their best yet and somehow, this was a transitional season as Ruud's departure was the end of one era and was the emergence of a new one - the era of CR7, Park, Rooney, Evra, Vidic, Carrick & Fletcher. Indeed, as proven, they did become better as seasons passed and the following year, we won the CL and League in 2008. It's those crop of players (besides now-sold CR7 & Park) who are now the leaders at United currently (mainly Rooney, Carrick, Vidic, Evra). And somehow, I feel that the current side with improved youth and those key players of 5 years ago are better than the squad of 2006/07.

Finally, if you want to talk about squad depth, then the current side is definitely better than 2003/04 ManU's squad. The departure of Beckham left a huge hole in United. Luckily, Ruud retained its awesome & magical form and Giggs/Scholes were at nearly their best too. However, we barely had more than 13 good starters for the teams. It seriously lacked depth on the bench and reserves. We had a lot of arrivals that year too, to compensate for that. A kid named Cristiano Ronaldo obviously, Saha as striking partner for Ruud, Alan Smith, Djemba-Djemba, Tim Howard, Heinze notably... But all those were far from their best yet in that 2003/04 season as Becks was sorely missed. We ended 3rd that year and the following season in 2004/05. After 2004, we always finished 2nd or 1st. So yeah, this side is also better than 2003/04.

As for your so-called certainty, if it's your belief, then that's up to you. But nothing is certain in football... I'd say, it's 60-40 chance in favor of Bayern. But those percentage can go for a toss, when the 22 players step on the green pitch.
    very good. I was expecting u to prove me wrong. That article was especially suprising. I suppose i am underrating the current team.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Minato View Post
    very good. I was expecting u to prove me wrong. That article was especially suprising. I suppose i am underrating the current team.
    Well, you're not the only person underrating United team, so I can forgive you.
    Thing is, as a United fan, I did seen more joyous days when they had more ample worldwide appreciation.
    Ever since the heartbreak of last year and the terrible European display, people just seem to relish themselves on saying rubbish on Manchester United. Sure, it was a poor season but it wasn't such bad performances and also, people seem to forget that one year of bad CL, can't change the fact that United had be in 3 CL finals since 2008 and we have one of the best CL track record in past decade.

Yes, our defence has conceded a disastrous amount of goals but hey, saying things like:

- "This is the worst United side."
    - "You're a one-man team on RVP."
    - "You'll go down like Liverpool."
    ect... are plainly stupid sayings. Those are just wishful thinking from haters. But atleast, talk when United crash down; not before...*sigh* I accept criticism for United for things they've already did; not speculations.

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society

I see people underestimate Bayern München the club with tradition, great academy and players. It's easy to pick MAN over BFC because of all the hype of the fans but lets look at it this way... if we put them in the Finals of CL would you put your money on Bayern? I would and I think they would take it as I see them as the stronger side and more stable.

I did a little research on the Bayerns players ... abilities, what theyr good at...placed them on the map with formation they have.. first thing that come to my mind was a rocket :D couldn't come up with any weaknesses.. what vision Pep has is yet to be seen. That's why I made my own career with FCB with 2 changes at sub and one attacking sub in starting 11. Will be interesting how it works out compared with Peps :o

Status
    Dec 2012
    WHAT A DUMASS QUESTION OBIOUSLY IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER,SITTING IN A CHAIR BROSWING INTERNET.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just come here to steal
    yoursignature so that I can
    use itas my profile picture on
    other sites

man u

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Escorpiius, come on! Manchester.U don't have a ''big record'' in ChL. Bayern won it 3 times in a row, and the last one in 2001, also reaching the fianls and semi-finals a lot of times. But, we should forget the past bro. We should talk about the last 2 or the last year.
    Man.United, are a good team, the have very good players. Still Bayern is better, to be honest...

Page 2 of 2 « First 12