View Poll Results: How do you rate this tournament?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Bad

    1 2.44%
  • 2 - Bad

    0 0%
  • 3 - Decent

    5 12.20%
  • 4 - Good

    19 46.34%
  • 5 - Near Perfect

    16 39.02%
Page 5 of 11 « First 123456789 ... Last»
Results 81 to 100 of 204
  1. #81
    A C I D Aízen's Avatar
    Status
    Aízen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,246
    TrollKing
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Make SO6P with juubi a tourney prize!

    Dead serious BTW
     
         

  2. #82
    Gèckö's Avatar
    Status
    Gèckö is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    12,368
    Location
    Jersey ._.
    #Pray4NB
     

    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Meh freeform is better anyways ._.
    ot: small tournies for each generation :scorps:
     
         

  3. #83
    Senior Member Gildarts Clive's Avatar
    Status
    Gildarts Clive is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,189
    Location
    Hell's Heaven
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    The tournament was top notch, well done Scorps!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaara View Post
    Make SO6P with juubi a tourney prize!

    Dead serious BTW
    Stop eating your sand mate.
     
         

  4. #84
    -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,050
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Riku.. View Post
    Alright guys, really, you've all made your points and it's quite apparent that no one is going to give, you all have your opinions. This thread, however, isn't about customs vs. cannons, we simply discussed whether the use of them should or should not be part of the judging which is only a result of the question of three judges for each fight versus one. We as mods will discuss this later, though I can tell you that I for one am of the opinion that the mere usage of customs won't count against someone unless they're just spamming grossly Oped customs. The better strategist will be shown by their usage of what's at their disposal. Now to my belief most other mods are of a fairly similar opinion with slight alterations. I'm not saying this as a way to shut down your opinions on this, I'm only saying that being that the base is pretty decidedly split on this topic, so as mods we'll decide how we judge.

    However this argument is getting the topic of this thread a bit skewed. So if you will, please move on to other topics about how to improve the tourney. This one is quite dried out I might say.
    Indeed, as I said before the oldies tend to for some reason or another NEVER understand and the newer gen (or atleast I) will never understand them
     
         

  5. #85
    A C I D Aízen's Avatar
    Status
    Aízen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,246
    TrollKing
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gildarts Clive View Post
    The tournament was top notch, well done Scorps!


    Stop eating your sand mate.
    Silence D- I mean Gildarts >_>
     
         

  6. #86
    The Blind One Lili-Chwan's Avatar
    Status
    Lili-Chwan is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    17,236
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife... or not
    Oh jóia, anda cá ao ourives!
    - OMG I HADN'T SEEN THIS LOL
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    And if they are does that mean that I said that canons are weak? One guy can lift 400 pounds, another can lift 380
    the first one is stronger but is the other guy weak?
    Well, weakness is relative. For all intends and purposes, we're pitting cannons against customs, thus, if one is weaker than the other, in the universe of Cannons and Customs, one is the strong one and the other is the weak one. You were the one who chose to generalize, and so, stick with your argument. In fact, in a debate where your whole argument is customs are stronger than cannons, one can only deduct that cannons are weak. If we want to enter in specifications, then you need to drop the very premise that "makes by arguments base-less".

    Now, as for the list, please provide it, and I'll respond to them. Not here, since Riku closed the subject. I'd love to discuss it somewhere else, but I don't really know where to put this topic. Maybe in the Rules and Info section?
     
         

  7. #87
    -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,050
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    Well, weakness is relative. For all intends and purposes, we're pitting cannons against customs, thus, if one is weaker than the other, in the universe of Cannons and Customs, one is the strong one and the other is the weak one. You were the one who chose to generalize, and so, stick with your argument. In fact, in a debate where your whole argument is customs are stronger than cannons, one can only deduct that cannons are weak. If we want to enter in specifications, then you need to drop the very premise that "makes by arguments base-less".

    Now, as for the list, please provide it, and I'll respond to them. Not here, since Riku closed the subject. I'd love to discuss it somewhere else, but I don't really know where to put this topic. Maybe in the Rules and Info section?
    As you said, weakness is relative. One doesnt have to be weak and one doesnt have to be strong. When your view is narrowed to the view where you only see black and white, north and south, and never the area in between you get the view that i believe you currently have. When you open your eyes and see that not only did i not type down the words "Canon is weak" which you said that i said. And which I said that you could not find me saying (which you cant because i never typed that and your resorting to twisting words around) but you will also see that customs are simply stronger. Theres no argument or debate there. Ill find 10 and vm them to you with links or something.
     
         
    Last edited by -Broly-; 01-20-2013 at 03:44 AM.

  8. #88
    The Blind One Lili-Chwan's Avatar
    Status
    Lili-Chwan is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    17,236
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife... or not
    Oh jóia, anda cá ao ourives!
    - OMG I HADN'T SEEN THIS LOL
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    As you said, weakness is relative. One doesnt have to be weak and one doesnt have to be strong. When your view is narrowed to the view where you only see black and white, north and south, and never the area in between you get the views that i believe you currently have. When you open your eyes and see that not only did i not write down the words "Canon is weak" which you said that i said. And which I said that you could not find me saying (which you cant because i never typed that and your resorting to twisting words around) but you will also see that customs are simply stronger. Theres no argument or debate there. Ill find 10 and vm them to you with links or something.
    . To answer to your previous question, yes, the guy that can only lift 380 pounds is weak. For him to be strong, we need to throw a third person in the mix, who lifts say 300. Then he is the weak, and the others are the strong. You didn't type the words "Cannon is weak", but if you didn't believe that, then there wouldn't be a debate, because we'd all agree, as I do, that customs and cannons are the same "strength", it's the skill in using them that changes. So, if a person is pressing the other, customs or not, then he is the better fighter if, and only if, he can sustain that situation longer than his opponent. If one is using cannons to defend but can't turn the flow around, then he is a weaker fighter, though cannons, unless he is using more chakra to defend than the opponent is using to attack, are pretty much renewable, so it's likely that he can turn things at the end.


    I suggest, for the next tournament, that we keep the no loosers bracket method. I like the sense that you need to win everything in order to get prizes.
     
         

  9. #89
    -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,050
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    . To answer to your previous question, yes, the guy that can only lift 380 pounds is weak. For him to be strong, we need to throw a third person in the mix, who lifts say 300. Then he is the weak, and the others are the strong. You didn't type the words "Cannon is weak", but if you didn't believe that, then there wouldn't be a debate, because we'd all agree, as I do, that customs and cannons are the same "strength", it's the skill in using them that changes. So, if a person is pressing the other, customs or not, then he is the better fighter if, and only if, he can sustain that situation longer than his opponent. If one is using cannons to defend but can't turn the flow around, then he is a weaker fighter, though cannons, unless he is using more chakra to defend than the opponent is using to attack, are pretty much renewable, so it's likely that he can turn things at the end.


    I suggest, for the next tournament, that we keep the no loosers bracket method. I like the sense that you need to win everything in order to get prizes.
    Actually no your wrong but I see what your trying to do. In a comparative way you COULD say he is weak but you could also say he's not as strong as the first man. You can also simply say that the first man is stronger than the other. Which is very different from saying he's weak. Same thing here. Customs are stronger than canon, and yes there is no debate on that. I dont feel like typing it for the 10000th time but i know you can make the rest of the connections from that to what nagato and riku said.

    @bold you think that customs and canon are the same strength. Is this what the desire to defend something untrue has brought you to believe? Or is this a lie to save face? We'd all like to live in the world where "an unskilled person with a kunai can be defeated by a skilled person with a pebble" oh yeah we'd love to believe that and sometimes we fool ourselves into believing that its true. But life's not like a manga, and its not a fairy tale. Things arent like that.

    Theres no use arguing the rest of it with you because the fundamental premis of our understanding (whether or not customs are stronger than canon) is different. Therefore it is impossible to build an understanding on anything else

    I'm kind of iffy on the losers bracket, the fact that the 3rd place winner of the last tourny was from the losers bracket makes me want one though. Also you can see that a loosers bracket is succesful because he beat the very same person that put him out the 2nd time around.
     
         
    Last edited by -Broly-; 01-20-2013 at 04:06 AM.

  10. #90
    Riku..'s Avatar
    Status
    Riku.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    11,423
    Location
    Crap, I'm lost again. >.<
    Dead
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    ~_~ Everyone needs to have the last word... I'll ask you both again, please drop it on the customs; you're wasting your own time.
     
         

  11. #91
    The Blind One Lili-Chwan's Avatar
    Status
    Lili-Chwan is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    17,236
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife... or not
    Oh jóia, anda cá ao ourives!
    - OMG I HADN'T SEEN THIS LOL
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    Actually no your wrong but I see what your trying to do. In a comparative way you COULD say he is weak but you could also say he's not as strong as the first man. You can also simply say that the first man is stronger than the other. Which is very different from saying he's weak. Same thing here. Customs are stronger than canon, and yes there is no debate on that. I dont feel like typing it for the 10000th time but i know you can make the rest of the connections from that to what nagato and riku said.

    @bold you think that customs and canon are the same strength. Is this what the desire to defend something untrue has brought you to believe? Or is this a lie to save face? We'd all like to live in the world where "an unskilled person with a kunai can be defeated by a skilled person with a pebble" oh yeah we'd love to believe that and sometimes we fool ourselves into believing that its true. But life's not like a manga, and its not a fairy tale. Things arent like that.

    Theres no use arguing the rest of it with you because the fundamental premis of our understanding (whether or not customs are stronger than canon) is different. Therefore it is impossible to build an understanding on anything else

    I'm kind of iffy on the losers bracket, the fact that the 3rd place winner of the last tourny was from the losers bracket makes me want one though. Also you can see that a loosers bracket is succesful because he beat the very same person that put him out the 2nd time around.
    Can't wait for your vm to actually prove you wrong then.

    Well, what happens to the person of the winners batch who lost on the semi finals?
     
         

  12. #92
    -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,050
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    Can't wait for your vm to actually prove you wrong then.

    Well, what happens to the person of the winners batch who lost on the semi finals?
    Dont hold your breath

    Whatever happened to them in the last tourney I suppose
     
         

  13. #93
    The Blind One Lili-Chwan's Avatar
    Status
    Lili-Chwan is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    17,236
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife... or not
    Oh jóia, anda cá ao ourives!
    - OMG I HADN'T SEEN THIS LOL
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    Dont hold your breath

    Whatever happened to them in the last tourney I suppose
    You're not going to send me a list of the top 20 customs?

    In a single-elimination tournament, they fight each other for the 4th and 3rd. What happens in Looser's bracket?
     
         

  14. #94
    -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    10,050
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Its almost 11 pm, so not today no

    Whatever happened in the last grand tourney lol
     
         

  15. #95
    Gèckö's Avatar
    Status
    Gèckö is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    12,368
    Location
    Jersey ._.
    #Pray4NB
     

    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Lilly wins simply because
    Nami>Broly
     
         

  16. #96
    Senior Member Gildarts Clive's Avatar
    Status
    Gildarts Clive is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,189
    Location
    Hell's Heaven
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Lilly wins simply because
    Nami>Broly
     
         

  17. #97
    Obíto's Avatar
    Status
    Obíto is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    17,778
    Location
    ☪ Ryūchi Cave ☪
    -Rock N Rolla-
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Liliana wins simply because, Apple pie.
     
         

  18. #98
    Kyudaime Kazekage Teño's Avatar
    Status
    Teño is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    16,145
    Location
    Va!
    Jaman Jama
     

    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagato.. View Post
    Liliana wins simply because, Apple pie.
    Hmmm
    I say broly win because of.. PUMPKIN PIE!

    OT: The loser bracket was meh. dont care for it much.. But I think tournys like these should be held often.. to keep the rp going
     
         

  19. #99
    Typhon's Avatar
    Status
    Typhon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,197
    Location
    Konohagakure
    We Do Not Sow
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by General Teno View Post
    Hmmm
    I say broly win because of.. PUMPKIN PIE!

    OT: The loser bracket was meh. dont care for it much.. But I think tournys like these should be held often.. to keep the rp going
    I don't think the activity level of the RP should be reliant on these tournaments. These should be more of an aside. Also too frequent tournaments would lead to an over abundance of some of the prizes.

    Thats one thing I would like changed in the next one, a smaller prize pool. Im just a little worried that things like this coupled with village tournies might make things like curse marks or sound or EIG far too common when they're supposed to be rare.
     
         

  20. #100
    Obíto's Avatar
    Status
    Obíto is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    17,778
    Location
    ☪ Ryūchi Cave ☪
    -Rock N Rolla-
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    I don't think the activity level of the RP should be reliant on these tournaments. These should be more of an aside. Also too frequent tournaments would lead to an over abundance of some of the prizes.

    Thats one thing I would like changed in the next one, a smaller prize pool. Im just a little worried that things like this coupled with village tournies might make things like curse marks or sound or EIG far too common when they're supposed to be rare.
    Dude I swear I said the same thing the other day. Tournaments are kind of handing out prizes like candy. I hear alot of peoplebrag about all the kinds of powerups they are going to get inside their villages and I kind of get upset at the fact people base there RP productivity over relying on cheap village prizes. Everyone and their momma has sound release and Curse Marks now. I really think we need to speak to the mods or Nexus and have some of these village tournaments and such postponed for a while for things to balance out.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •