View Poll Results: How do you rate this tournament?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Bad

    1 2.44%
  • 2 - Bad

    0 0%
  • 3 - Decent

    5 12.20%
  • 4 - Good

    19 46.34%
  • 5 - Near Perfect

    16 39.02%
Page 6 of 9 « First ... 23456789 Last»
Results 126 to 150 of 204
  1. #126
    紋章 - Coat of Arms -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Téno View Post
    No offense. You are the man with the master plan
    but the whole point of this being the GRAND RP TOURNY is more so like saying

    NB #1 RP Tournament.

    to me it speaks for itself.. No holding back

    I dont think its out of fear or nothing.. But honestly think about it. when can somebody actually use EIG.. people dont want to use strong stuff when not needed... Stuff like this gives people the opportunity to pretty much exploit all their strong suits

    a Canon only Grand Rp Tourny should NEVER take place. As when you say Grand RP.. I think of.. the best are here to fight...Thats just like telling somebody who knows alot of sex tricks.. but you talking to your homeboy and he dont know any tricks. so you guys say.. lets have sex in the same position with the same girl and see whos better at sex... There is no pride in that cause you didnt even whip our your tricks. get me? lol
    I mean we dont have to call it the grand rp tournament if thats the only problem. We should call it m "The Skills Tournament" yeah i think thats a perfect name. Were just going to have a large canon only tournament with prizes. I dont see the problem in that at all.

    @ 1st bold nearly every tournament has allowed customs. I think theyve had more then enough time to use it combined with the fact that they can use it at any time in the nw or the battle arena.

    @2nd bold LMAO in a way, but like ive said before it doesnt have to be called grand rp tournament. But if we did have a canon only tournament I BET that the number of older gen participants will drastically drop between the number in this tournament and the Skills Tournament

    man we need some new gen rp mods.Its like all the current ones we have are a bunch of old dudes where nothing gets finished. They forgot where they came from man. We need new blood as an rp mod lol
     
         

  2. #127
    Zero Kelvin's Avatar
    Status
    Zero Kelvin is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tenkaichi, Ancrath Archipelago.
    Posts
    15,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    I totally lol'd hard and long at this.
    You guys actually support a constant? I mean; yeah, it gives you two cooks with the same ingrediants and equipment, but isn't that extremely boring?
    Even worse, isn't that terrible to do to a cook?
    Personally, my fighting style revolves around the ability to attack my opponent from above and below. I come at my opponent with strong Taijutsu if possible and otherwise stick to defensive techniques.
    Now, please count the amount of techniques that allows you to attack your opponent from above and below.
    Afterwards, take a look at the Cannon Taijutsu-selection.
    Both pretty much suck, neh?
    So what am I to do? My fighting style relies on things that aren't there.
    Oh, tally ho! Would you look at Kaito's Taijutsu! A whole selection of custom Taijutsu that allows me to go crazy!
    Oh, tally ho! Would you look at my Custom Elements! Two types of Wind and Water that focuses on defenses against Special Elements and aerial/ground-based attacks!
    A constant allows for a sure and safe comparison of two people's skills with a limited set of tools. With the constant, however, you force the players to use that certain set of tools, completely disregarding their way of fighting and competing.
    I have beef with some customs, but I also choose to look at how very few of the OP Customs from 09 that are being used today. Remember; customs are frowned upon. Your logic of 'spamming customs' actually cause some people to feel ashamed about using some of their techniques. I, for example, have an S-ranked that creates two walls of invisible cutting Wind on either side of my opponent. I inherited that technique from Crutch Kaguya, whom I studied under for over a year. I've used it twice because I know and have experience prejudice for possessing/using it.
    "wtf thats so op."
    "lol, noskills brah lrn2battle."

    I think 'differen't has become a synonym for 'OP' in some people's eyes.
     
         

  3. #128
    紋章 - Coat of Arms -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    I totally lol'd hard and long at this.
    You guys actually support a constant? I mean; yeah, it gives you two cooks with the same ingrediants and equipment, but isn't that extremely boring?
    Even worse, isn't that terrible to do to a cook?
    Personally, my fighting style revolves around the ability to attack my opponent from above and below. I come at my opponent with strong Taijutsu if possible and otherwise stick to defensive techniques.
    Now, please count the amount of techniques that allows you to attack your opponent from above and below.
    Afterwards, take a look at the Cannon Taijutsu-selection.
    Both pretty much suck, neh?
    So what am I to do? My fighting style relies on things that aren't there.
    Oh, tally ho! Would you look at Kaito's Taijutsu! A whole selection of custom Taijutsu that allows me to go crazy!
    Oh, tally ho! Would you look at my Custom Elements! Two types of Wind and Water that focuses on defenses against Special Elements and aerial/ground-based attacks!
    A constant allows for a sure and safe comparison of two people's skills with a limited set of tools. With the constant, however, you force the players to use that certain set of tools, completely disregarding their way of fighting and competing.
    I have beef with some customs, but I also choose to look at how very few of the OP Customs from 09 that are being used today. Remember; customs are frowned upon. Your logic of 'spamming customs' actually cause some people to feel ashamed about using some of their techniques. I, for example, have an S-ranked that creates two walls of invisible cutting Wind on either side of my opponent. I inherited that technique from Crutch Kaguya, whom I studied under for over a year. I've used it twice because I know and have experience prejudice for possessing/using it.
    "wtf thats so op."
    "lol, noskills brah lrn2battle."

    I think 'differen't has become a synonym for 'OP' in some people's eyes.
    Yes we support a constant. Like i say over and over and over in Konoha if you have a constant its easiest to show skill.
    As for the canon tai, the lack of canon tai doesnt really matter because you can do nearly all the canon tai techs with free form (as you know) Hey theres over 400 canon techs lol im sure theres alot of techniques that can do what you want.


    Ah, limited tools you say? Well as Lili pointed out it isnt the tools you have its how you use them

    I... I dont really know what to say or how to handle the last part of your statement

    But yes all in all, constants are good. Customs are bad.

    GUYS STOP LOL
    We arent supposed to be talking about customs vs canon damnit


    Take it to vm's yo
     
         

  4. #129
    Kyudaime Kazekage Teño's Avatar
    Status
    Teño is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Va!
    Posts
    15,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beshawa!
     

    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Ummm
    New Gen Rp mods?
    m

    That Kiru dude and Riku just came back on NB last year actually. they are old gen but i guess had to adapt to the new rules. etc

    Overall. I dont think you would see less Older gens not participating. But I do know for a fact.. you will be seeing a mix of older and newer gen in the finals. and lets not forget about somebody like me.. who is custom banned and have fought with nothing but cannon and know ALOT of tricks around them. Awhh hell .. I probally wouldnt participate. cause i would think i would be cheating. D

    Overall. If its not the Grand RP tourny then sure.

    To Zero.. No.. There are plenty of Jutsus.. CANON that support defense. As myself I am a defensive fighter... Who pretty much like to get into short range.. and its very odd to see. but when i get people in short range. Its like im a Kaitos Tai Fighter.. cause thats all I use.... my fav is the fav elemental hits. awh yea. I ended a fight pretty well with that. Nobody can beat me in Kaitos Tai
     
         
    Last edited by Teño; 01-20-2013 at 05:06 PM.

  5. #130
    紋章 - Coat of Arms -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Téno View Post
    Ummm
    New Gen Rp mods?
    m

    That Kiru dude and Riku just came back on NB last year actually. they are old gen but i guess had to adapt to the new rules. etc

    Overall. I dont think you would see less Older gens not participating. But I do know for a fact.. you will be seeing a mix of older and newer gen in the finals. and lets not forget about somebody like me.. who is custom banned and have fought with nothing but cannon and know ALOT of tricks around them. Awhh hell .. I probally wouldnt participate. cause i would think i would be cheating. D

    Overall. If its not the Grand RP tourny then sure.
    Yeah I think New Gen rp mods who have a fresh look on the rp world would be a wonderful idea. I like Kiri, he has a great mind on the whole situation. But we need more like him

    The bold is what I really want though. The rich need to stop getting richer.
     
         

  6. #131
    Zero Kelvin's Avatar
    Status
    Zero Kelvin is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tenkaichi, Ancrath Archipelago.
    Posts
    15,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    The bold is what I really want though. The rich need to stop getting richer.
    Implying.
    I have rice, you have wheat.
    I have something you don't have, therefore; I'm richer than you.
    Logic'd.
     
         

  7. #132
    紋章 - Coat of Arms -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    Implying.
    I have rice, you have wheat.
    I have something you don't have, therefore; I'm richer than you.
    Logic'd.
    If rice is worth more then wheat then yes, you are.
     
         

  8. #133
    Kyudaime Kazekage Teño's Avatar
    Status
    Teño is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Va!
    Posts
    15,854
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beshawa!
     

    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    Implying.
    I have rice, you have wheat.
    I have something you don't have, therefore; I'm richer than you.
    Logic'd.
    You sure do talk like that alot...
    Speak in todays style of language.

    And thats a horrible example

    Thats a preference
     
         

  9. #134
    Igneel's Avatar
    Status
    Igneel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    W.R.A.T.H
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    I totally lol'd hard and long at this.
    You guys actually support a constant? I mean; yeah, it gives you two cooks with the same ingrediants and equipment, but isn't that extremely boring?
    Even worse, isn't that terrible to do to a cook?
    Personally, my fighting style revolves around the ability to attack my opponent from above and below. I come at my opponent with strong Taijutsu if possible and otherwise stick to defensive techniques.
    Now, please count the amount of techniques that allows you to attack your opponent from above and below.
    Afterwards, take a look at the Cannon Taijutsu-selection.
    Both pretty much suck, neh?
    So what am I to do? My fighting style relies on things that aren't there.
    Oh, tally ho! Would you look at Kaito's Taijutsu! A whole selection of custom Taijutsu that allows me to go crazy!
    Oh, tally ho! Would you look at my Custom Elements! Two types of Wind and Water that focuses on defenses against Special Elements and aerial/ground-based attacks!
    A constant allows for a sure and safe comparison of two people's skills with a limited set of tools. With the constant, however, you force the players to use that certain set of tools, completely disregarding their way of fighting and competing.
    I have beef with some customs, but I also choose to look at how very few of the OP Customs from 09 that are being used today. Remember; customs are frowned upon. Your logic of 'spamming customs' actually cause some people to feel ashamed about using some of their techniques. I, for example, have an S-ranked that creates two walls of invisible cutting Wind on either side of my opponent. I inherited that technique from Crutch Kaguya, whom I studied under for over a year. I've used it twice because I know and have experience prejudice for possessing/using it.
    "wtf thats so op."
    "lol, noskills brah lrn2battle."

    I think 'differen't has become a synonym for 'OP' in some people's eyes.
    Nb tai is considered as a part of the cannon set of techniques
     
         

  10. #135
    紋章 - Coat of Arms -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Igneel View Post
    Nb tai is considered as a part of the cannon set of techniques
    Logic'd
     
         

  11. #136
    Better's Avatar
    Status
    Better is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    DMV
    Posts
    14,736
    Post Thanks / Like
    King of the North
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Damn I can't help but think this argument came up because of my success <_<

    Well my opinion with customs and canons is simple, if you got it and enjoy using it... use it. At the same time i see where Broly is coming from with how the old gen might not understand where we come from.

    But to say people who only use canon are more skilled then those who use customs is wrong imho. Anyone that's old gen notable of using customs all the time that i can think of, are all senseis, or former senseis. Meaning at some point they too were skilled at Canon jutsu.

    that's just my opinion, also if we're talking prizes, Village tourneys should allow you to get a jin bio not just give you permission <_< lol that seems like it's just me facing this problem now, but still
     
         

  12. #137
    Zero Kelvin's Avatar
    Status
    Zero Kelvin is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tenkaichi, Ancrath Archipelago.
    Posts
    15,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Igneel View Post
    Nb tai is considered as a part of the cannon set of techniques
    Nope. Look up the definition of cannon.
    Jesus Christ ~_~

    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    Logic'd
    o_o
     
         

  13. #138
    紋章 - Coat of Arms -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Damn I can't help but think this argument came up because of my success <_<

    Well my opinion with customs and canons is simple, if you got it and enjoy using it... use it. At the same time i see where Broly is coming from with how the old gen might not understand where we come from.

    But to say people who only use canon are more skilled then those who use customs is wrong imho. Anyone that's old gen notable of using customs all the time that i can think of, are all senseis, or former senseis. Meaning at some point they too were skilled at Canon jutsu.

    that's just my opinion, also if we're talking prizes, Village tourneys should allow you to get a jin bio not just give you permission <_< lol that seems like it's just me facing this problem now, but still
    Hahahah agreed


    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    Nope. Look up the definition of cannon.
    Jesus Christ ~_~



    o_o
    can·non
    /ˈkanən/
    Noun

    1. A large, heavy piece of artillery, typically mounted on wheels, formerly used in warfare.
    2. An automatic heavy gun that fires shells from an aircraft or tank.

    Hahahaha sorry man, you been trolling me so much lately I had to
     
         
    Last edited by -Broly-; 01-20-2013 at 05:24 PM.

  14. #139
    Count of Monte Cristo Tosen's Avatar
    Status
    Tosen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Warya
    Posts
    8,888
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Visionwashere
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    I mean we dont have to call it the grand rp tournament if thats the only problem. We should call it m "The Skills Tournament" yeah i think thats a perfect name. Were just going to have a large canon only tournament with prizes. I dont see the problem in that at all.

    @ 1st bold nearly every tournament has allowed customs. I think theyve had more then enough time to use it combined with the fact that they can use it at any time in the nw or the battle arena.

    @2nd bold LMAO in a way, but like ive said before it doesnt have to be called grand rp tournament. But if we did have a canon only tournament I BET that the number of older gen participants will drastically drop between the number in this tournament and the Skills Tournament

    man we need some new gen rp mods.Its like all the current ones we have are a bunch of old dudes where nothing gets finished. They forgot where they came from man. We need new blood as an rp mod lol
    Let's do it then, next tourny should be canons only, i bet you the demographics would see more new gens placing in the finals.
     
         
    Last edited by Tosen; 01-20-2013 at 05:32 PM.

  15. #140
    Igneel's Avatar
    Status
    Igneel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,017
    Post Thanks / Like
    W.R.A.T.H
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    Nope. Look up the definition of cannon.
    Jesus Christ ~_~



    o_o
    Last I heard Nb tai is not considered as a set of customs in our Rp.It has been integrated into the cannon techniques list, ages ago.I bet we can use them in battle tests and other tests.
     
         
    Last edited by Igneel; 01-20-2013 at 05:36 PM.

  16. #141
    'Kurapika's Avatar
    Status
    'Kurapika is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status or
    wealth
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say we're all talking about canon and not cannon, which are oftentimes confused. o_o

    In fiction, canon is the conceptual material accepted as "official" in a fictional universe's fan base. It is often contrasted with, or used as the basis for, works of fan fiction, which are considered to be non-canon.
    So, no, I don't think NB tai/gen or Rain are canon. Not by definition at least.
     
         

  17. #142
    Reborn's Avatar
    Status
    Reborn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    Posts
    11,180
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Theleader~ View Post
    Let's do it then, next tourny should be canons only, i bet you the demographics would see more new gens placing in the finals.
    Are you implying that the newer generation would stand a better chance than the older ones if a canon tournament were instituted?
     
         

  18. #143
    Count of Monte Cristo Tosen's Avatar
    Status
    Tosen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Warya
    Posts
    8,888
    Post Thanks / Like
    #Visionwashere
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Are you implying that the newer generation would stand a better chance than the older ones if a canon tournament were instituted?
    Just saying that new gens would have a better chance, and it would showcase the true rp skills even more.
     
         

  19. #144
    紋章 - Coat of Arms -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Are you implying that the newer generation would stand a better chance than the older ones if a canon tournament were instituted?
    Some of them yes
    But the main thing is that new gens stand a way better chance
    Why?
    Because customs are stronger than canons and without customs everyone would be at the same level everyone would be on an equal playing field

    Btw this is a sidebar with nothing and i mean NOTHING to do with this
    But if someone can link me to a fight where Mugi used more canon then customs i'll rep them everyday for a week

    Let me reiterate, I'm not saying mugi doesnt have skill. I just want to see a fight from his noob days
     
         
    Last edited by -Broly-; 01-20-2013 at 05:59 PM.

  20. #145
    Reborn's Avatar
    Status
    Reborn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Imagine paradise, now think of the furthest thing from it, and I'm in the place furthest from that.
    Posts
    11,180
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Theleader~ View Post
    Just saying that new gens would have a better chance, and it would showcase the true rp skills even more.
    We'll talk more on msn about it later, so we don't get back into canon vs. customs, a topic Broly doesn't seem to be able to let go of.

    However a better chance than they had before doesn't automatically denote one group (in this case the different generations) will outclass another. In a way it somewhat sounded as if you were insinuating that in a playing field where there is no brand of uniqueness, where everybody was collectively on "equal" grounds, the newer generation would fair far better than the older generation. Which brings reminds me of an issue that was discussed in my history class over the past few weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    Some of them yes
    But the main thing is that new gens stand a way better chance
    Why?
    Because customs are stronger than canons and without customs everyone would be at the same level everyone would be on an equal playing field

    Btw this is a sidebar with nothing and i mean NOTHING to do with this
    But if someone can link me to a fight where Mugi used more canon then customs i'll rep them everyday for a week
    Why is that important to you? Why harp on such a subject

    OT: I'm for a canon tournament, I'm also for themed tournaments and everything. Just some variety to switch it up a little and make things more interesting.
     
         

  21. #146
    Sterling Malory Archer's Avatar
    Status
    Sterling Malory Archer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Konoha
    Posts
    10,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cookies
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    I still say a 2 element tournament would be kickass...

    \
    Imagine a guy with Fire and Lightning vs Water and Wind...and the F&L guy wins...

    That is true skill
     
         

  22. #147
    Lili-Chwan's Avatar
    Status
    Lili-Chwan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife...or not
    Posts
    16,414
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! Don't go call my status
    lame! - Ok then you're lame! (
    I don't know you, but I will
    find you, and I will lame you)
    Not before I find you and Lame
    you! This is bullying, you
    lame lamer!
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    If customs aren't allowed in the next tournament, the results will be the same. I didn't get to where I am by using customs, I got to where I am for being able to adapt to what I have. What separates the truly honorable mentions of the old gen is not their customs, but their skill, their intelligence. Broly, sorry you suck so bad at rp.


    OT: I suggest a tournament where people only use their customs.
     
         

  23. #148
    McRazor's Avatar
    Status
    McRazor is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    12,990
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‪‪‪
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    If customs aren't allowed in the next tournament, the results will be the same. I didn't get to where I am by using customs, I got to where I am for being able to adapt to what I have. What separates the truly honorable mentions of the old gen is not their customs, but their skill, their intelligence. Broly, sorry you suck so bad at rp.
    Made my day.
     
         

  24. #149
    Better's Avatar
    Status
    Better is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    DMV
    Posts
    14,736
    Post Thanks / Like
    King of the North
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    If customs aren't allowed in the next tournament, the results will be the same. I didn't get to where I am by using customs, I got to where I am for being able to adapt to what I have. What separates the truly honorable mentions of the old gen is not their customs, but their skill, their intelligence. Broly, sorry you suck so bad at rp.


    OT: I suggest a tournament where people only use their customs.
    Me and My CW are ready :scorps:
     
         

  25. #150
    紋章 - Coat of Arms -Broly-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Broly- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    9,786
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    Yes we support a constant. Like i say over and over and over in Konoha if you have a constant its easiest to show skill.
    As for the canon tai, the lack of canon tai doesnt really matter because you can do nearly all the canon tai techs with free form (as you know) Hey theres over 400 canon techs lol im sure theres alot of techniques that can do what you want.


    Ah, limited tools you say? Well as Lili pointed out it isnt the tools you have its how you use them

    I... I dont really know what to say or how to handle the last part of your statement

    But yes all in all, constants are good. Customs are bad.

    GUYS STOP LOL
    We arent supposed to be talking about customs vs canon damnit


    Take it to vm's yo
    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    This is a sidebar but I think that every person who's bio doesn't conform to the current rules should be forced to update and conform. Why the hell do they get perks because they've been here longer? Old people can go out and commit a crime because they were alive before a new law came out. Anyway back on topic

    As for what nagato said I agree with what your saying to a point. On one hand yes maybe village tournies are held too much but otherwise how do we bridge the enormous powergap between members. Remember how it was before the village tournies? It was like everyone was stuck in a rut with tournies where only the strong got stronger and the newer ones were just watching unable to catch up. Now your beginning to see newer members bridge the gap in power, your seeing them get further in tournaments. But I suppose this goes against your ideal that we shouldn't gain strength in village tournies. But honestly, without them I see no other way.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    @1st bold With good reason.
    @2nd bold. WRONG. Dead wrong, looking back at the techniques that were approved before everything was restricted so much will show you that these techniques are at a scale that are probably impossible in the manga. As i said, you have techniques that are "Kishimoto approved" if you will and techniques that some fans think are possible. Think of decay release. Can you imagine someone in naruto wielding that? I'm sure even Kishi would laugh his ass off at someone suggesting decay release were possible in his manga but thats really sort of a sidebar (not saying decay release is stupid or anything, its a VERY well made ce, but MOST ce's would be laughed at if you could think of someone wielding it in naruto and i was just using decay as an example since its the first i thought of). Whether they are counterable or not isnt the problem and wasnt suggested. No, the problem is that customs have 1000x more chance to be op (and in all likelihood ARE more op) than regular canons and as such canons could easily be viewed as "weaker" than most custom techniques. Especially the high ranking ones. This goes back to what Nagato was saying about how if the attacker is using super strong and high ranked techniques and the defender is keeping up with the attacker or is evenly matched with the attacker, while using weaker techniques, the defender is clearly the more skilled and should be the victor. If they were being completely honest im sure most people would agree that customs are stronger than canons for the most part. Therefore the reasoning that if you are able to be evenly matched or just a bit behind an opponent who is mainly using customs (stronger techniques) while only using canons (weaker techniques) that you are the more skilled and should obviously be the victor. Its pretty cut and dry to me.

    @3rd bold. Compare the top 20 strongest canons to the top 20 strongest customs on base (of course since theres about 400 canons and waaaay more customs it should be a larger number like the top 100 or 200 to get a REAL feel of whats stronger but i think even with 20 it should be clear) Be honest and tell me which group is stronger and then see if you can repeat that. Customs are indeed stronger tools. Let me take that back, MOST are, not all.

    @4th bold well yes if your just barely surviving then you lost no matter what was used or how much your opponent spammed customs (of course i think someone should lose just for doing that but it has no place in the discussion) But in cases like, as riku said, your and typhons battle where he mainly used canons and you were only a bit ahead, Typhon should have been the winner in a landslide for making an even match against maninly customs with just canon techniques.


    EDIT: this is getting to be one of my custom rants again which isnt what this whole thing is about. In my experience older members will not understand what I just typed for one reason or another and newer members (or atleast me) will never understand the reasoning of the older ones. We agree to disagree and move onwards. This discussion is about the tournament and we should start swinging it back towards that


    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    We'll talk more on msn about it later, so we don't get back into canon vs. customs, a topic Broly doesn't seem to be able to let go of.

    However a better chance than they had before doesn't automatically denote one group (in this case the different generations) will outclass another. In a way it somewhat sounded as if you were insinuating that in a playing field where there is no brand of uniqueness, where everybody was collectively on "equal" grounds, the newer generation would fair far better than the older generation. Which brings reminds me of an issue that was discussed in my history class over the past few weeks.



    Why is that important to you? Why harp on such a subject

    OT: I'm for a canon tournament, I'm also for themed tournaments and everything. Just some variety to switch it up a little and make things more interesting.
    I tried so very very hard to get away from it lol. I just get pulled back in. A man without conviction for his belief isnt a man at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by McRazor View Post
    Made my day.
    I'm glad your day's goin good buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    If customs aren't allowed in the next tournament, the results will be the same. I didn't get to where I am by using customs, I got to where I am for being able to adapt to what I have. What separates the truly honorable mentions of the old gen is not their customs, but their skill, their intelligence. Broly, sorry you suck so bad at rp.


    OT: I suggest a tournament where people only use their customs.
    YES now where getting somewhere. Lets have a canon tournament, if the results were the same then I was wrong about everything. If the results arent then I wasnt. And regardless of my own opinions I think a canon tournament would be a great switch up from the constant custom tournaments. And of course if we had a canon only tournament it would only be fair to have a custom tournament

    As my friend Mcrazor just told me, Its all a matter of opinion
    Lili my friend better told me I should challenge you to prove you wrong. Up for it? (I think this is what you wanted me to do anyway)

    Also isnt roleplaying just playing as a character ? I think I play as Broly pretty well :/
     
         
    Last edited by -Broly-; 01-20-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •