View Poll Results: How do you rate this tournament?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Bad

1 2.44%
  • 2 - Bad

0 0%
  • 3 - Decent

5 12.20%
  • 4 - Good

19 46.34%
  • 5 - Near Perfect

16 39.02%
Page 9 of 11 « First ... 567891011 Last»
    Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: [Grand RP Tournament] Xmas Edition - Feedback and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Jokey View Post
    She clearly stated what you can use, make the thread and fight already.
    i did
    I heard lili trolls alot so I wasnt sure if she was serious

Status
    Jun 2009
    Oh jóia, anda cá ao ourives!
    - OMG I HADN'T SEEN THIS LOL

I do troll a lot. I'm usually serious when the truth is trolling enough

Status
    Jul 2011
    Jaman Jama

Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    I do troll a lot. I'm usually serious when the truth is trolling enough

LMAO! Im done foreal.. I added my 2cents. time for me to pick a fight with some some noob.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie.. View Post
    I still say a 2 element tournament would be kickass...

\
    Imagine a guy with Fire and Lightning vs Water and Wind...and the F&L guy wins...

That is true skill
    I still say this would be kickass

Status
    Nov 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Igneel View Post
    Last I heard Nb tai is not considered as a set of customs in our Rp.It has been integrated into the cannon techniques list, ages ago.I bet we can use them in battle tests and other tests.
    you sir, are correct, i could use Kaito's Tai in my Kaguya test unless Kaguya test is any different than anything else
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Kurapika View Post
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say we're all talking about canon and not cannon, which are oftentimes confused. o_o

So, no, I don't think NB tai/gen or Rain are canon. Not by definition at least.
    you sir, are wrong imo
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Are you implying that the newer generation would stand a better chance than the older ones if a canon tournament were instituted?
    sir, i think he did imply that
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    If customs aren't allowed in the next tournament, the results will be the same. I didn't get to where I am by using customs, I got to where I am for being able to adapt to what I have. What separates the truly honorable mentions of the old gen is not their customs, but their skill, their intelligence. Broly, sorry you suck so bad at rp.

OT: I suggest a tournament where people only use their customs.
    you lady, are right and wrong at the same time i agree that old gen have skill and intelligence, but i don't really think that the results would end the same way
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    If I knew complaining about having a lack of power would let me get more power, I would have become a whiner a loooong time ago.

I think of it this way: the EIG are to a taijutsu user what the Mangekyo Sharingan is to an Uchiha. Its the pinnacle of hand to hand combat. So I just don't see why someone should be able to go through a tournament like this, being able to use not a single taijutsu technique, and come away with the strongest canon taijutsu we have available. Perhaps a better prize would be an opportunity to earn the gates, through a taijutsu test that's graded by the EIG masters. Another way of doing it would to have a taijutsu only tournament with the grand prize being the EIG, for only one person, and maybe an opportunity for the runner up with a couple of weights training for 3rd and 4th.

Personally though, I'm a little opposed to giving out these top of the top prizes in tournaments all together. There's always the chance that someone will have a cakewalk to the semi-finals or finals and then have their opponent go inactive, and then all of a sudden someone who really hasn't proven anything is given one of the strongest things in our RP.
    you sir, are correct and i mostly agree with the case of 8IG, because i can't seem to understand why should someone who prooves skill in Ninjutsu, should be able to get 8IG just like that, personally if i was the one getting it, i wouldn't mind having it, i would know that i am not good enough in Tai, but since 8IG are one of my NB goals, i want them but still disagree with the whole 8IG in normal tournament, yes, make Tai Tourney where 8IG are main prize, but in tournament where people MOSTLY use Nin, i find it completely illogical (is this even word? ; anyway i mean without logic ) to get Highest Taijutsu power on NB from it

Status
    Oct 2010
    i think i love you more than
    you love yourself tbh

Cannon or custom, old gen > new gen. Or at least, most of it. You forget that for some reason new gen people are obsessed over CJ's because of what old gen members have. That being said, they make customs all the time, only to try and match up those old gen OP cjs that they hardly ever use. They use them so much that they don't know how to use cannon techniques.

I "actively" started making customs the last few months, and I've been RP'ing for around 2 years (since I joined) now. People nowadays are too obsessed with winning by loopholes in the rules towards their customs (or make customs to abuse loopholes in the rules), or technicalities based on their CJs. That's the real issue at hand, or else no one would make CJs to be OP, but actually to sync in with their battle style.

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

And they constantly oppress my battle style by denying my completely ridiculous dbz customs :/

Status
    Oct 2011
    King of the North

how about a 2v2 grand rp tourney?

Status
    Sep 2010
    "Death intrigues me, Life
    bores me."

All in all it was a great tournament, I had fun fighting with Gobi. I only wish one thing, if its possible to host a tournament that does not have any customs, the only things that will be allowed are; Basic 5, Nin, Gen, Tai and your respective KG, that will be the real test of how good of a strategist one is. Will be amazing to see new canon combinations and such. It will also balance out power.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Living In A Sand Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    how about a 2v2 grand rp tourney?
    2v2 should be done once atleast....would be fun
    But then again, you'll have people complaining about stronger members forming a team while the weak left to choose the weaker members
    (now don't ask me to define weak and strong members )
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzàrd View Post
    All in all it was a great tournament, I had fun fighting with Gobi. I only wish one thing, if its possible to host a tournament that does not have any customs, the only things that will be allowed are; Basic 5, Nin, Gen, Tai and your respective KG, that will be the real test of how good of a strategist one is. Will be amazing to see new canon combinations and such. It will also balance out power.
    Delete your post before Broly sees it

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

I'm glad my canon only tournament has more popularity then it did in konoha.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Jaman Jama

Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post
    I'm glad my canon only tournament has more popularity then it did in konoha.
    dont bring Konoha in this matter.

Not only that but when is the last time people seen people *****ing.. Cause no offense I havent seen none latley..
    Just a simple disagreement.

Status
    May 2008
    LOVE THE SARA FOREVER!

Darn people got stuck in the whole Cannon and Custom issue... >_> its an all out tournament...Its your choice what you use...If you are so foot down against customs, don't use them. Don't make them. Don't even receive them from others. Thats integrity. But complaining about customs and whoring others for them or making threads complaining when your customs are declined or that the rules are too strict on customs or any variation of the issue is nothing but being a bit hypocritical. Lets not forget, -Broly- that you were the one who made this http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=274239 and countless other complaints about declined customs and strict mods and what not in vms, taverns, in convos with other members, in other threads, etc etc. You may say you hate customs and want only cannons and what not but we all know whats in your mind and whats behind all of this. Tournaments like this are all out. Simple. This means you can battle as you want with any ability at your disposal. Hate customs? Don't like them? Don't use them. Kiritsugu doesn't like using customs or fighting people who use too many customs. Thats why he has only 2 customs made way back and doesn't use customs all togehter. Thats called integrity. Not complaining in this thread that customs are used in tournaments but submitting the most ridiculous opped customs in the cj thread and complaining when they are declined. You guys forget, I checked and check your customs as well. I know fully well who is being...false in this thread. Shame on you!

Also, since people are complaining about the EIG and the excessively accessibility of some abilities, I'll ask Nexus that for the next 12 months, no tournament, be it village or general has any prize of the following:

-Leg Weights
    -Fuuinjutsu
    -Bios
    -Bio Permissions
    -CM
    -EIG
    -Sound
    -Sage Mode

That should bring some balance and appease the populous.

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

Because as I said numerous times in konoha (and can provide quotes) the only time I submit customs are if they are from dbz or fit broly, with the occasional custom with a really weird name thrown in. Check my custom thread I have around 20+ customs I think which is a decent amount. And I've probably only used customs about 8 times outside of using my summon to travel in the Nw. That's the total number of customs I've ever used. I practice what I preach. 8 times in the entire year that I've been here and through my constant battles I might add

And I don't think they (or atleast I) want a grand rp tournament where customs are banned but just a canon only tournament. Which I guess is the same thing but it sounds better doesn't it

Last edited by -Broly-; 01-21-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Status
    Feb 2011
    This user has no status or
    wealth

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Also, since people are complaining about the EIG and the excessively accessibility of some abilities, I'll ask Nexus that for the next 12 months, no tournament, be it village or general has any prize of the following:

-Leg Weights
    -Fuuinjutsu
    -Bios
    -Bio Permissions
    -CM
    -EIG
    -Sound
    -Sage Mode

That should bring some balance and appease the populous.
    I'd still take part as long as there's a shiny medal at the end of the rainbow.
    That feel when you won a CM lvl2 from coming 2nd in a village tournament months ago and still didn't put it on a bio...

Status
    Jul 2011
    Jaman Jama

Well.... 12months is too extreme... 6months maybe...?

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

Lucky >_> also I may have lied. I actually got my idea of a canon only tournament because I heard that's how iwa ran their tournaments so everyone got a chance. I then brought it up in konoha where it was forcefully declined and then it grew into the idea I have now

Edit: does anyone else see nb asking you do you need a massage?

Last edited by -Broly-; 01-21-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Status
    Oct 2010
    i think i love you more than
    you love yourself tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Téno View Post

There was a time when sound was 1 time a year, and EIG was not even close to an option for a prize, nor any prizes like you see them now.

So no, it's not too extreme.

Status
    May 2008
    LOVE THE SARA FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Téno View Post
    I don't like the idea that a staff members takes so much time and effort into making these abilities more accessible than they were in the past (where people complained about it...let me remind everyone) and then suddenly gets a complaint that its too easy to get powerful abilities.

Well, if its easy, lets make it hard like it was. Also, actually much better for the staff members and everyone else involved. Less work and less time spent only for the benefit of members who will complain no matter what apparently.

12 months is a minimum. Perhaps we should simply negate tournament prizes all together and return to the "i know a member who will teach me EIG" type of deal or "I know a sound sensei and because of that he'll be teaching me sound". etc etc Like it was done in the past.

You guys cant have it both ways...

Status
    Oct 2011
    Ten Yasha

Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    I don't like the idea that a staff members takes so much time and effort into making these abilities more accessible than they were in the past (where people complained about it...let me remind everyone) and then suddenly gets a complaint that its too easy to get powerful abilities.

Well, if its easy, lets make it hard like it was. Also, actually much better for the staff members and everyone else involved. Less work and less time spent only for the benefit of members who will complain no matter what apparently.

12 months is a minimum. Perhaps we should simply negate tournament prizes all together and return to the "i know a member who will teach me EIG" type of deal or "I know a sound sensei and because of that he'll be teaching me sound". etc etc Like it was done in the past.

You guys cant have it both ways...
    @Bold, not everybody thinks that way. :/

Quote Originally Posted by -Broly- View Post

Edit: does anyone else see nb asking you do you need a massage?
    Mine is asking me if i am unable to sleep. <_>