Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    A LongHaired Airbender. L Lawliet's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a status passive
    message I just saw?

About Uzumakis

So, yeah. How many Uzumaki Clan members do you think are out there? It's been to my attention that ever since Kabutomaru mentioned that Uzumakis usually have red-hair, many theories and speculations have been made about, say, Gaara (and his father, and by defect his silblings, too), Mei Terumi, and Sasori being Uzumakis themselves.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gaara ended up being an Uzumaki. He was just way too many things in common with Naruto: being a Jiinchuuriki (or former one), having/fulfilling the dream of being Kazekage, sheding tears for Sasuke, having enough control over his Bijuu (though this is debatable) and whatnot. Also, in terms of vitality, I think Gaara had been dead for a long time when Chiyo did her Reviving Jutsu. The fact that she could bring him back regardless of the time he had been dead, I think it's a remarkable characteristic of Gaara's. I don't know if this last premise makes sense for you guys but, after re-reading the whole Manga, Gaara fits in many ways the Uzumaki description. The bond he shares with Naruto is strong (this is why I'm torn between him and Shikamaru for Naruto's new best friend's position).

Mei Terumi is not a "no-no", but I personally think it would too farfetched. Same with Sasori, who is long dead. I'm really interested in what kind of relationship (if any) could there be between Karin and Naruto? I'm kind of frustrated because of the fact that everybody seems now aware of the Uzumaki Clan, but back in part 1 nobody mentioned it once. Hiruzen knew, Kabuto and Orochimaru knew, Tsunade, Jiraiya... Every damn body knew about the Uzumaki Clan. Had this Clan survived (or remained together, because Kushina said the survivors had scattered around the world) it would have been as important (or maybe even more important) as Uchiha's. Hatake Kakashi being Minato's apprentice and knowing Kushina, I'm really having a grudge against him for not acknowledging Naruto as the offspring of this pair. I mean, okay, we're shinobi and all that ****, but there's no way I can understand why the kind and cool Kakashi we know had chosen Sasuke over Naruto. That bugs me to no end, and I think Naruto would hold it against him as well. This matter has to be solved somehow in the manga. There's too much of a hole concerning this Clan and Naruto's bond with it.

As for Kishimoto, I know his style very deeply. Not to brag, but I grew up with this Manga. And his usage of symbols (which by the way resemble One Piece's Eiichiro Oda slightly) makes people like me think that the existence of a Clan to which Naruto's family belonged was implied since before it was mentioned. It's like Kishimoto enjoys our frustration and the fact that we don't know yet what's up to his mind.

To end this comment, I'd like to propose another point of discussion regarding the Clan. What about Tsunade?

Her grandpa was Senju, and her grandma was Uzumaki, right?, so that means she has that blood in her as well. Would you say she is more of a Senju than and Uzumaki or viceversa?

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    People who say it cannot be
    done should not interrupt
    those who are doing it. -
    George Bernard Shaw

Re: About Uzumakis

2, Uzumaki Naruto and Uzumaki Karin. These are they only two that have showed any special abilities.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    See you soon

By this logic Tayuya is an Uzumaki too.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a status passive
    message I just saw?

If we're speaking about ALIVE Uzumakis, yeah only those two... But so far we've had Nagato, Kushina, Mito, at least mentioned... In fact, if Orochimaru had Karin under his sleeve, is it possible that he had more Uzumakis? After all he is into this longevity kind of ability.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Karin is also Uzumaki, it was even stated in the manga by Kabuto

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a status passive
    message I just saw?

Quote Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
    By this logic Tayuya is an Uzumaki too.
    Wow, nice one. You took that one from my mind. According to the Manga, Tayuya has orange hair, though... Or has she? Im not sure, maybe it was a colouring issue and stuff. But I do remember one chapter cover of her with orange hair.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thread Killer

Karins probably a distant cousin. Gaara is not an Uzumaki. Being a day walker does not make you an Uzumaki. Tsunade takes after Senju not Uzumaki. Though it is kind of a pain in the ass knowing that Tsunade knew she was related to Naruto and didn't mention it when they first met. Like how nobody mentioned Naruto was the 4ths kid. Pretty ****ed up to not tell a kid who his parents were.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Within the desolate recesses of the human consciousness
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bet I got some weed, bet I got
    some weed, bet she on her
    knees; bet she swallow ****,
    bet she love my swag, bet she
    leave yo ass

Why you mad at Kakashi for not telling Naruto something he was commanded not to? It was decreed to keep knowledge of his heritage from him and those of his generation as well as his jinchuriki status mainly for his protection, duh.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Its not just red hair. Uzumakis are supposed to have bright red hair. This would eliminate most of the people that you listed, and only leaves Naruto and Karin as living Uzumakis. I'm sure there are others out there, but they haven't been introduced in the series.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Project One.

As far as I know the persons stated as an uzumaki in the manga are karin and nagato( by kabuto ) and uzumaki mito.. and ofcourse naruto

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a status passive
    message I just saw?

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    Why you mad at Kakashi for not telling Naruto something he was commanded not to? It was decreed to keep knowledge of his heritage from him and those of his generation as well as his jinchuriki status mainly for his protection, duh.
    Not mad. Frustrated, which is different. Plus, he was commanded not to tell anybody about Naruto's status as Jiinchuuriki, but telling him who his father is wasn't prohibited. If you go to chapter 455, after Naruto mentioned he met the 4th, Kakashi reveals he knew the 4th was NAruto's father... But only after Naruto knew him himself. I think that was pretty cruel, you know.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a status passive
    message I just saw?

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mac View Post
    Its not just red hair. Uzumakis are supposed to have bright red hair. This would eliminate most of the people that you listed, and only leaves Naruto and Karin as living Uzumakis. I'm sure there are others out there, but they haven't been introduced in the series.

Okay, that's fine. But if you compare Kushina's to Karin's, Karin's is brighter, no?

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blah

There's no plural version of a japanese surname.

It's Uzumaki, not Uzumakis

Last year I made a thread about Garaa and the Jinchuuriki for the 4 tailed Monky(Goku), since he too, had red hair.

Remember, the surviving Uzumaki scattered all over the ninja world, and went into hiding.

Each and every Jinchuuriki was specially chosen, since not everyone can hold a bijuu.

Gara and Roshi both had red hair, and were Jinchuuriki.

Last edited by Dreckerplayer; 01-18-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a status passive
    message I just saw?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreckerplayer View Post
    There's no plural version of a japanese surname.

It's Uzumaki, not Uzumakis

Last year I made a thread about Garaa and the Jinchuuriki for the 4 tailed Monky "Goku", since he too, had red hair.

Remember, the surviving Uzumaki scattered all over the ninja world, and went into hiding.

Each and every Jinchuuriki was specially chosen, since not everyone can hold a bijuu.

Gara and Roshi both had red hair, and were Jinchuuriki.
    Yes that's true! I agree with you so much.

Last edited by L Lawliet; 01-18-2013 at 08:26 PM.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    all my bit2hes love me nd i
    love my bit2hes

They are only 2 uzumaki alive and that is karin and nagato

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

well said its all questionable as you believe are the red haired and (blondes) from the uzumaki lineage

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by L Lawliet View Post
    Thank you, you are absolutely right about last names. But this Jiinchuuriki's name is Roshi. Not Goku. Goku, or rather, Son Goku is the name if his Bijuu. Thanks for bringing him up! I hadn't thought of him, you made my thread lol
    If you read my post properly I said "The 4 tailed beast Goku"

If I was referring to the jink I would've put a coma before the name.

read the text below the picture, and it clearly indicates that I know what I'm talking about.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a status passive
    message I just saw?

Quote Originally Posted by zinescience View Post
    Nope. Naruto. Not Nagato. Nagato is dead brah.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a status passive
    message I just saw?

If you read my post properly I said "The 4 tailed beast Goku"

If I was referring to the jink I would've put a coma before the name.

read the text below the picture, and it clearly indicates that I know what I'm talking about.

Sorry about that, I also changed my post as I saw that you made your point correctly.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by zinescience View Post
    We don't KNOW that!

Nagato is dead, Naruto is considered Uzumaki since he has the last name, AND uzumaki lineage.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a status passive
    message I just saw?

We don't KNOW that!

Nagato is dead, Naruto is considered Uzumaki since he has the last name, AND uzumaki lineage.

Would Nagato have any close ties (family ties) with Naruto? Is it possible? I think he was Kakashi's age, and nothing's known of his family yet, other than his murdered parents and his belonging to the Uzumaki.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blah

Would Nagato have any close ties (family ties) with Naruto? Is it possible? I think he was Kakashi's age, and nothing's known of his family yet, other than his murdered parents and his belonging to the Uzumaki.
    There's a possibility that, like naruto, only Nagato's mother, was an Uzumaki.His dad had black hair.Nagato inherited his red hair by chance...

Last edited by Dreckerplayer; 01-18-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that a status passive
    message I just saw?

There's a possibility that, like naruto, only Nagato's mother, was an Uzumaki.His dad had black hair.Nagato inhereted his red hair by chance...

Wow, unbelieavable. You noticed that far... I didn't even notice it! Not even from Anime. **** this implies so many things... Like, okay, maybe most of the Uzumaki went into hiding and only a handful of them chose the life of a shinobi? Maybe many of them tried to live as civilians?

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blah

Wow, unbelieavable. You noticed that far... I didn't even notice it! Not even from Anime. **** this implies so many things... Like, okay, maybe most of the Uzumaki went into hiding and only a handful of them chose the life of a shinobi? Maybe many of them tried to live as civilians?
    Yes, of course.

A clan renowned for their incredible longevity and vitality, is more likely to have a larger amount of survivors than clans such as uchiha, kaguya, etc.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Not mad. Frustrated, which is different. Plus, he was commanded not to tell anybody about Naruto's status as Jiinchuuriki, but telling him who his father is wasn't prohibited. If you go to chapter 455, after Naruto mentioned he met the 4th, Kakashi reveals he knew the 4th was NAruto's father... But only after Naruto knew him himself. I think that was pretty cruel, you know.
    Kakashi was ordered not to reveal that information, because it would have made Naruto a target, when he was young and vulnerable. The younger Naruto, always craving attention, would not have been able to keep something like that a secret, especially when everyone was taunting him about his desire to become Hokage. Once Naruto told how he met the 4th, Kakashi figured that the 4th must have told him - or why would he have gone to the trouble of sealing part of his chakra in Naruto otherwise? At that point, there was no reason to keep protecting Naruto's identity - he was certainly strong enough to defend himself, and already knows it anyway - and he was responsible enough not to shout it out everywhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»