You didn't read
    It hurts.

Sage of NarutoBase a thousand years of death's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Obito was not at his best against Minato

it was fair given the restrictions on both parties. both wanted to end it with speed, as fast as possible. whoever waas faster won.

minato was faster, no one went easy on the other.

obito had other jutsu but wanted to end it fast and not drag the fight on so used his fastest jutsu. minato was the same because he needed to del with the fox.

if the fight went for a longer "im going to kill you" fight. it would be different but minato would win, i think.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    and i dont even care

It's not that he was going easy, it's just that Brother Minato had so much to worry about that he couldn't stick around for too long and let the battle escalate until he got a chance to use his more powerful moves.

If that makes sense, I tried to explain the best way I could.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

To me, the only thing that really hold him back was that he was fighting Minato AND controlling Kyuubi at the same time,

And the fact that Obito's priority was the destruction of the village, he did not want to let Kyuubi on the loose thus did not stop controlling it to have a better fight with Minato.

With that i mean that Obito couldnt use Genjutsu against Minato, or at least technically shouldnt have been able to, because ;

Minato himself mentionned that if Tobi was Madara, there is no way he could control Kyuubi for long. Meaning that Obito, even using everything that he had regarding to genjutsu power, wouldnt be able to control Kyuubi for long. Attempting to cast genjutsu on Minato while wanting to keep control of Kyuubi would have been impossible.

So to me, Obito's drawback was that he couldnt use genjutsu on Minato as killing wasnt his priority, keeping the Kyuubi under his control was.

So it's not plot no jutsu to me, it's that Obito had to make a choice... fight a better a fight against Minato and loose Kyuubi, or handicap himself and attempt to do both.

Last edited by insid3rkil3r; 01-20-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by insid3rkil3r View Post
    To me, the only thing that really hold him back was that he was fighting Minato AND controlling Kyuubi at the same time,

And the fact that Obito's priority was the destruction of the village, he did not want to let Kyuubi on the loose thus did not stop controlling it to have a better fight with Minato.

With that i mean that Obito couldnt use Genjutsu against Minato, or at least technically shouldnt have been able to, because ;

Minato himself mentionned that if Tobi was Madara, there is no way he could control Kyuubi for long. Meaning that Obito, even using everything that he had regarding to genjutsu power, wouldnt be able to control Kyuubi for long. Attempting to cast genjutsu on Minato while wanting to keep control of Kyuubi would have been impossible.

So to me, Obito's drawback was that he couldnt use genjutsu on Minato as killing wasnt his priority, keeping the Kyuubi under his control was.

So it's not plot no jutsu to me, it's that Obito had to make a choice... fight a better a fight against Minato and loose Kyuubi, or handicap himself and attempt to do both.
    So you agreed that he handicapped himself in an attempt to do both?

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

obito was over confidant and was trying to capture minito while minito was trying to kill obito they both failed.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    So you agreed that he handicapped himself in an attempt to do both?
    Yes, to what extent did he handicap himself, i dont know, but im convinced controlling Kyuubi prevented him to use Genjutsu on Minato as Minato himself pretty much confirmed that Obito likely wanted to get things done quickly as he didnt have much time left.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by a thousand years of death View Post
    it was fair given the restrictions on both parties. both wanted to end it with speed, as fast as possible. whoever waas faster won.

minato was faster, no one went easy on the other.

obito had other jutsu but wanted to end it fast and not drag the fight on so used his fastest jutsu. minato was the same because he needed to del with the fox.

if the fight went for a longer "im going to kill you" fight. it would be different but minato would win, i think.
    Exactly. This thread is just pointless, and OP usually don't defend the arguments (with solid proof), which goes against the thread, so what it's the point, let it die already, this explains most of it better.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

at that age according to minato got a feat that he can probably madara, he easily killed anbu which itachi came from lol if that anbu was itachi, itachi would get fodderized and we wont have itachi shippuden

Return of the Ring Lord of the Kings's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    RESTORING THE ORDER

Plot no jutsu,a fobbiden technique that only God can bear.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

he wasnt handicapped if he was able to take out elite anbu guarding the child birth area,he got matched up against a badass called minato and thought he had a chance because of wood style and whatever else. his dumb ass should've known that,hey minato was my sensei and i shouldn't mess with this guy on my own.got pwnd with two moves after minato rapidly analyzed his technique.....if anything he had more power than he should normally have but failed then hauled azz...IJS

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by insid3rkil3r View Post
    Yes, to what extent did he handicap himself, i dont know, but im convinced controlling Kyuubi prevented him to use Genjutsu on Minato as Minato himself pretty much confirmed that Obito likely wanted to get things done quickly as he didnt have much time left.
    Then I see we have reached a mutual consensus.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Naa minato didn't do his best neither fighting off obito there were to many distractions you should be thankfull minato didn't kill obito but he did beat him in a min obito was lucky it wasn't a second lol

Status
    Aug 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Obito went nuts akin to how Nagato and Naruto would go nuts under certain situations.

Remember, Obito was trying to rush things so he was thinking that he needs to get rid of Minato asap. Would Mokuton really bind Minato? Well remember there are key things that Obito didn't know about Minato such as the second application of Hiraishin.

Obito was at his best, well not technically as his best now means having the Rinnegan. However he was the best he could be when he did face Minato. The thing that let him down was knowledge.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by thegame View Post
    He obviously used MS, since he used his S/T jutsu against Minato........................

Then you will ask for manga proof, well sherlock, there is a very legit reason, why he wasn't shown using MS in his fight with Minato.... Then we would already know that he had Kakashis eye, and Kishi wanted to wait some more, before making it that obvious...

And Obito wasn't inside his zetsu cloak. So he probably hadn't mastered his mokuton without it yet. When he used to against the mist anbu, he had the zetsu cloak, which is the reason, he could do it. Why did he go without it? Who knows, but he probably had his reasons..
    Dude this is exactly what I was thinking but since you said first I would say I totally agree with you it's so obvious I do not really know why this tread exist but with all respect to the one who created it everyone has the right to express their thoughts

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

people on narutobase just don't understand. Its not only powers that decide fights. Its skills. Spamming mokuton abilities wouldn't have been effective against Minato, he is far too good. The only effective skill Obito had to use against Minato was Kamui. And it wasn't enough.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by piratexstacks View Post
    Dude this is exactly what I was thinking but since you said first I would say I totally agree with you it's so obvious I do not really know why this tread exist but with all respect to the one who created it everyone has the right to express their thoughts
    Exactly. Are my opinions not good enough to be on the Base?

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

If it was that obito that you just showed vs Kamui loving Obito. I would take Kamui. It's much less flashy, but more effective.

Status
    Currently in Ancrath with Amaimon shishou
    Post Thanks / Like
    the 3 rules of flow - Go with
    the flow - Merge with the flow
    - Disrupt the flow -

minato won the fight fairly... obito had the advantage with having the ninetails, plus a suprise attack and not to mention minato had to defend both kushina the village and naruto ... and he still wooped obitos ass ... stop making excuses... obito was trying his best during that fight.. he used his MS aswell and still got his ass wooped...

so what he didnt use mokuton honestly i dont see mokuton making much of a difference against minato tbh ... minato was to fast for him and obito paid the price by taking a rasengan to the back....

u are also clearly biased on this matter by the bullsh*t poll choices... stop making excuses and except the fact that the obito that is owning most of narutoverse right now was owned by minato and with relative ease aswell ...

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by Kirikoe View Post
    minato won the fight fairly... obito had the advantage with having the ninetails, plus a suprise attack and not to mention minato had to defend both kushina the village and naruto ... and he still wooped obitos ass ... stop making excuses... obito was trying his best during that fight.. he used his MS aswell and still got his ass wooped...

so what he didnt use mokuton honestly i dont see mokuton making much of a difference against minato tbh ... minato was to fast for him and obito paid the price by taking a rasengan to the back....

u are also clearly biased on this matter by the bullsh*t poll choices... stop making excuses and except the fact that the obito that is owning most of narutoverse right now was owned by minato and with relative ease aswell ...
    Biased on this matter? I guess you're correct there. However, I was just trying to get a point across.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    The UCHIHA'S true power is yet
    to be unveiled

clearly obito was going easy on his former teacher he didnt use his second eye and wood and remember obito was fighting the entire konoha alone and minato and konoha were fighting a single obito since nine was being controlled by obitbito didnt use his full strength
    one uchiha using one sharingan to control nine tails vs the konoha that had the strongest hokages alive (minato and hiruzen).
    it was not a fair match after all and even minato accepted that the one who can defeat him is who controols nine tails chakra

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by piratexstacks View Post
    Yeah I dno why people call it plot still.. We have seen Obito with 3 tomoe many times, and he also performed S/T jutsu, but we never actually saw his eyes during any MS technique, so it's even justified in the manga. It's lame he switched to normal eye perhaps, but it's not like he wanted to show Kakashi (or any other, for that matter) the very same MS.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    O..bi...to..?

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefHermit View Post
    invalid thread, because :

That makes no sense...this thread is explaining WHY that happened, so your post is invalid...

OT: i agree, obito was clearly not at his prime and i believe prime obito could definitely take minato. Dont forget, kid obito did indirectly kill minato

Last edited by Draphsin; 01-21-2013 at 02:09 AM.

Status
    Jun 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    chilling

well i'll give you that he wasn't as powerful as he is now. But he was strong enought to beat the anbu and break the barrier they set up. He lost cause he wasn't fast or as deadly as minato, once he got tagged it was over even he knew that.