Page 5 of 8 « First 12345678 Last»
    Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Re: Obito was not at his best against Minato

Quote Originally Posted by Draphsin View Post
    That makes no sense...this thread is explaining WHY that happened, so your post is invalid...

OT: i agree, obito was clearly not at his prime and i believe prime obito could definitely take minato. Dont forget, kid obito did indirectly kill minato
    I'm not sure if Obito if he were at his fullest extent would be able to take Minato, hence why I said Minato >= 14 year old Obito at his best although everything else I agree with.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    MEH

14 year old obito > itachi anyday

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by partha420 View Post
    14 year old obito > itachi anyday
    ... If you say so

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Horny and sadistic with a dash
    of racism

duh he has rinnegan now. aside from that he didn't use mokuton because he was busy trying to avoid minatos strikes he was trained by freaking madara it was a fair fight that he lost. obito had full Intel whereas minato had none that evens. out and battlefield experience handicaps.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJeffersonwasasadist View Post
    duh he has rinnegan now. aside from that he didn't use mokuton because he was busy trying to avoid minatos strikes he was trained by freaking madara it was a fair fight that he lost. obito had full Intel whereas minato had none that evens. out and battlefield experience handicaps.
    You didn't read

Itachi is the Supreme GOD
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itachi>>>All
    blonde(yep Minato and Goku)

plot no jutsu clearly saved minato and his ass

1.obito didn't use mokouton
    2.obito dosen't have another sharingan
    3.he is controlling the kyubi at the same time

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiLeeHatake View Post
    Of course. Like you said, he didn't use Mokuton because of plot. Though, if Obito did, he'd have to have killed Minato with his first use of it during that battle. If Minato would have dodged it, then he would have be aware and cautious of it from then on. So, I doubt Mokuton would have played a big factor.
    Right, Mokuton would have made zero difference in that fight.What good is it if you can´t even touch the guy? At the end of the day Obito used his best card against Minato which was his speed, WITHOUT speed he stood no chance and he knew it.Needless to say, he lost that battle of speed.

And no he wasn´t at a disadvantage as it was planned ahead(his attack at the village and the 4th).He had Hashirama´s DNA(which is a lot to say) and he had all the intel he needed on Minato(The 4th knew nothing about how OP Tobi´s techniques were).

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I don't think Obito was strong back then like he is now.

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

[QUOTE=Omnipotent;9954712]Simply put.

What happened to his Mangekyou Sharingan? What happened to this beast that took down Kiri's ANBU with neg-diff? What happened to his mokuton?!:

[IMG]http://img.mangastream.to/manga/naruto/605/Naruto%20-%20605%20-%20Hell%20-%20021.png[/IMGig ]

Obito was basically handicapped by plot during that fight. His chakra reserves were being drained by controlling Kurama , he didn't use his Mangekyou Sharingan, he didn't display mokuton (that kamui-mokuton combo was awesome), and where was Zetsu?!

It can even be said that Konan gave Obito a harder time than Minato did, as Obito had another sharingan eye at that point, and Konan forced him to use izanagi to save himself. And that was an older, much more experienced Obito.[/Q

I'd say Obito had every technique and power then as he does now. He had pretty much mastered everything Madara taught him. If he would have used Mokuton people would have known he wasn't the real Madara. Its also pretty possible that Minato would have known the design of Madaras mangekyou so maybe he would have been figured out easily if he would of used his mangekyou and mokuton. Itachi probably would have tried to battle him head on and nagato, konan, and yahiko probably wouldn't have joined him.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

[QUOTE=UniversalPain;9962956]
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Simply put.

What happened to his Mangekyou Sharingan? What happened to this beast that took down Kiri's ANBU with neg-diff? What happened to his mokuton?!:

[IMG]http://img.mangastream.to/manga/naruto/605/Naruto%20-%20605%20-%20Hell%20-%20021.png[/IMGig ]

Obito was basically handicapped by plot during that fight. His chakra reserves were being drained by controlling Kurama , he didn't use his Mangekyou Sharingan, he didn't display mokuton (that kamui-mokuton combo was awesome), and where was Zetsu?!

It can even be said that Konan gave Obito a harder time than Minato did, as Obito had another sharingan eye at that point, and Konan forced him to use izanagi to save himself. And that was an older, much more experienced Obito.[/Q

I'd say Obito had every technique and power then as he does now. He had pretty much mastered everything Madara taught him. If he would have used Mokuton people would have known he wasn't the real Madara. Its also pretty possible that Minato would have known the design of Madaras mangekyou so maybe he would have been figured out easily if he would of used his mangekyou and mokuton. Itachi probably would have tried to battle him head on and nagato, konan, and yahiko probably wouldn't have joined him.
    I agree, due to plot he couldn´t have shown Mokuton so early in the manga AND it would have made ZERO difference in the outcome since Minato was waaaaaay to fast for him.Remember it was said their battle was of speed since any other tech any of them had would be useless due to their super fast capabilities, the fastest would win....Guess who owned who?

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by juankimari View Post
    Right, Mokuton would have made zero difference in that fight.What good is it if you can´t even touch the guy? At the end of the day Obito used his best card against Minato which was his speed, WITHOUT speed he stood no chance and he knew it.Needless to say, he lost that battle of speed.

And no he wasn´t at a disadvantage as it was planned ahead(his attack at the village and the 4th).He had Hashirama´s DNA(which is a lot to say) and he had all the intel he needed on Minato(The 4th knew nothing about how OP Tobi´s techniques were).
    Are you saying his chakra wasn't being syphoned by him having Kurama under his control as his personal summon?
    Or are you saying that losing chakra constantly isn't a disadvantage?

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    U know the Rama's bring the
    drama

Are you saying his chakra wasn't being syphoned by him having Kurama under his control as his personal summon?
    Minato was also handicapped, if he didn't have to worry about kushina and naruto he'dve killed Obito, very easily I might add.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by Retsu View Post
    Minato was also handicapped, if he didn't have to worry about kushina and naruto he'dve killed Obito, very easily I might add.
    That's your assumption.
    All I'm saying is that Obito wasn't at his best, not that he would have won. Some people misinterpreted it and got on the defensive for Minato.

Yeah, right he brought the Kurama to be at a disadvantage? Are you kidding? Everything was thoroughly planned out, he knew exactly how it had to be done to have the upper hand.

Are you telling me having Hashirama´s DNA made no difference? Have you seen how powerful ANYONE who has his DNA become? Have you seen how EVERY person searching for insane power go for that DNA? One would think it makes a HUGE difference giving you a tremendous advantage.
    Kurama was being used against the village, and in no way aided him in his fight against Minato. What you're saying is irrelevant because Kurama was never being used against Minato. In fact, Kurama was detrimental to Obito because controlling Kurama was taxing on Obito's chakra reserves. Furthermore, it can be argued that Obito's attentions were to stall Minato from protecting the village.

Oh yeah, because Yamato's totally up there, right?

Last edited by Omnipotent; 01-21-2013 at 04:45 AM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yeah, right he brought the Kurama to be at a disadvantage? Are you kidding? Everything was thoroughly planned out, he knew exactly how it had to be done to have the upper hand.

Are you telling me having Hashirama´s DNA made no difference? Have you seen how powerful ANYONE who has his DNA become? Have you seen how EVERY person searching for insane power go for that DNA? One would think it makes a HUGE difference giving you a tremendous advantage.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    U know the Rama's bring the
    drama

Jus sayin that Minato wasn't at his full potential either with a newborn and wife who just gave birth.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That's your assumption.
    All I'm saying is that Obito wasn't at his best, not that he would have won. Some people misinterpreted it and got on the defensive for Minato.
    Obito is stronger nowadays if that´s what you mean, even without Rinnegan BUT still what Minato did was nothing short of a huge feat. If you have no knowledge about Obito then you are pretty much dead since all he has to do is grab you, plus it is insanely difficult to lay a finger on him.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Obito is stronger nowadays if that´s what you mean, even without Rinnegan BUT still what Minato did was nothing short of a huge feat. If you have no knowledge about Obito then you are pretty much dead since all he has to do is grab you, plus it is insanely difficult to lay a finger on him.
    I'm not taking away Minato's feat.
    Once again, Obito was having his chakra consumed by controlling Kurama during that fight, and Kurama wasn't used to help him against Minato (Kurama was destroying the village)

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Excuse for what? It's just how I interpreted the manga; I guess mokuton wasn't necessary for Minato, yet Minato still ended up smashing Obito into the ground . Sounds like plot to me. I didn't say that izanagi would have changed anything. What I'm saying is that Konan put him in a worse situation that Minato did, and that's fact. If Obito didn't have izanagi against Konan, he'd be long dead.
    Why was Zetsu not present? Didn't mayfly allow him to move incredibly fast? Wasn't he Obito's "friend"?
    You seem to forget that Konan did infact have knowledge on Tobi's Kamui which is how she managed to know that he can only stay intangible for 5 mins and that he have to be tangible to try and warp something. That's how Konan had all of those exploding tags prepared. Minato had no knowledge on Obito who was more like 16+ seeing how Kakashi was older than he was when Obito died plus Obito at 14 wouldn't be as tall as Obito was when he fought Minato. Minato learned about Obito's Kamui by observing it in action, he even escaped from Kamui while about to be warped. Obito not having Zetsu is simple, his Uchiha pride didn't allow him. He only had spiral Zetsu because he wasn't strong enough to be in action at the time but this is years later when he's stronger.

Seeing how Minato dodged A's fastest attack point blank range and I highly doubt Obito's wood element attacks are faster than A. Also can people stop saying Obito wasn't at his best because he had 1 sharingan, having just 1 sharingan gives you an advantage people... look at Kakashi and he's not even a Uchiha let alone have Senju DNA in him. I'm pretty sure Minato can even beat current Obito, When have we seen Obito use a Rinnegan jutsu?

IF Obito have all the jutsus Nagato had then he's why I say Minato can still win:
    To absorb Minato's chakra or pull out his soul he has to touch him or the jutsu but Minato wouldn't let himself get touched just cause of Kamui. For summons, Minato can summon toads and use contract seal to break Obito's control over the summons. For the weapons as part of the body power, from what Nagato used so far with it I don't ee Minato getting hit by any off them. This leave the push/pull jutsu from the Rennigan power pretty much and if Obito tries to pull Minato or use almighty push then Minato can FTG out of there and back.

Last edited by xxSAGExx; 01-21-2013 at 05:43 AM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    Once again the "what if". And what if Minato could FTG faster? What makes you believe he couldn't?
    Since Prince Charles think that if Obito had warped Minato it would be over, explain this: Minato warps from place to place right? So what if Obito had warped Minato? Minato just warps to his many kunai around Konoha. Kumai could not do anything to someone that can teleport to another spot if they choose to. The way I see it, Kumai is only deadly to characters that cant teleport themselves. So the one shot youre talking about is pointless.

~ The God of High School ~ PrimeOfTheSixPaths's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Minato still would've won. ._.

Sensei
    Status
    Oct 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

To the OP:

WTF are you talking about? Obito was at full health, had MS, and had years of tactical planning for his strike. He still lost.

Let's compare..

Minato was caught off guard, during the middle of an emotional event (childbirth). Obito captured his child, then his wife, and the kyuubi. Minato still won.

GTFO newb.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeOfTheSixPaths View Post
    Minato still would've won. ._.
    Not the point

Quote Originally Posted by Sozaa View Post
    To the OP:

WTF are you talking about? Obito was at full health, had MS, and had years of tactical planning for his strike. He still lost.

Let's compare..

Minato was caught off guard, during the middle of an emotional event (childbirth). Obito captured his child, then his wife, and the kyuubi. Minato still won.

GTFO newb.
    :rofl: Please, do know your stuff, or at least read the thread.
    Obito was 14 when this happened, and was 13 when he "died". Much of the time in between he spent on a bed or in rehabilitation. Years of planning? Please, calm that down.
    Show me Obito using MS during that fight. Was Obito not losing chakra due to having Kurama under his control during that battle? Where was Zetsu?

You're under the assumption that what happened to Minato affected him negatively. Which once again, is just an assumption. So why waste your time saying it?

Last edited by Omnipotent; 01-21-2013 at 05:47 AM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

uchiha 1v1 run
    uchiha 2v1 you got chance
    minato run no matter what the situation

minato > your favorite uchiha

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just chilling in the Base...

Quote Originally Posted by thegame View Post
    He obviously used MS, since he used his S/T jutsu against Minato........................

Then you will ask for manga proof, well sherlock, there is a very legit reason, why he wasn't shown using MS in his fight with Minato.... Then we would already know that he had Kakashis eye, and Kishi wanted to wait some more, before making it that obvious...

And Obito wasn't inside his zetsu cloak. So he probably hadn't mastered his mokuton without it yet. When he used to against the mist anbu, he had the zetsu cloak, which is the reason, he could do it. Why did he go without it? Who knows, but he probably had his reasons..
    I'm sorry but this is wrong on so many levels. Obito does not NEED to activate MS to use Space Time Justus or teleportation. We've seen him use the regular sharingan to do that. And as far as Minato kicking Obito's ass- its all a plothole. Obito has Space Time jutsu, forbidden Uchiha techs (izanagi which is basically a huge troll on any Naruto character), info and intel, mokuton, etc. Minato has intel, Rasengan, space-time jutsu, and seal. And no- Obito was never marked during that fight. Minato used the marked kunai to teleport to Obito. *facepalm* To say the truth- Minato and Obito are equal. Obito has a small edge due to his Uchiha background and forbidden techs.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hero View Post
    I'm sorry but this is wrong on so many levels. Obito does not NEED to activate MS to use Space Time Justus or teleportation. We've seen him use the regular sharingan to do that. And as far as Minato kicking Obito's ass- its all a plothole. Obito has Space Time jutsu, forbidden Uchiha techs (izanagi which is basically a huge troll on any Naruto character), info and intel, mokuton, etc. Minato has intel, Rasengan, space-time jutsu, and seal. And no- Obito was never marked during that fight. Minato used the marked kunai to teleport to Obito. *facepalm* To say the truth- Minato and Obito are equal. Obito has a small edge due to his Uchiha background and forbidden techs.
    the only edge obito has is the edge of the kunai minato put in him, of course he was marked with ftg during the fight, what do you think he did when he rocked him with that rasengan? that's an alternate and genius way of marking an opponent too