Bad times...
    , pawned...

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Obito was not at his best against Minato

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    His control over Kurama was draining his chakra reserves, even though Obito wasn't using Kurama in his fight against Minato. So therefore, Kurama was a detriment towards Obito in his fight against Minato.

He did not display mokuton.

Even then, it's manga fact that Obito didn't want the fight to drag on, and thus was rushing (which tends to cause mistakes):

he knew that going into the fight, he would be a even bigger failure if he did not. With that being said he still ATTEMPTED to take on minato and failed pretty bad. let's just face it young obito was no match for the 4th.... but can you really blame him? Come on, he got beat by his own master that was a known genius throughout the ninja world. he re-invented the TBB and re-nvented the fastest way to travel..EVER

also i know he never used wood release but that does not mean he didn't have the ability, I was just stating his powers coming into the fight not what he actually decided to use during it.

Last edited by HondaSage; 01-21-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Minato pwned ObitHo with no knowledge of his powers! Konan spent her whole time with Atkatsuki coming up with a plan to take him out. Weak argument.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by YellowFang View Post
    I never rate my favourites as >>, >>> or >>>>> than anyone...
    I fancy characters on the basis that the best man always win... And for me Minato out there is the best contender who can hold is own against anyone...
    Wouldn't that be Edo Madara?
    It's manga fact that every jutsu has a weakness, and with Minato's fighting style revolving around one jutsu for the most part (FTG, and sometimes rasengan), he's at a huge disadvantage when you put him against "anyone".

Quote Originally Posted by HondaSage View Post
    he knew that going into the fight, he would be a even bigger failure if he did not. With that being said he still ATTEMPTED to take on minato and failed pretty bad. let's just face it young obito was no match for the 4th.... but can you really blame him? Come on, he got beat by his own master that was a known genius throughout the ninja world. he re-invented the TBB and re-nvented the fastest way to travel..EVER

also i know he never used wood release but that does not mean he didn't have the ability, I was just stating his powers coming into the fight not what he actually decided to use during it.
    You're saying that Obito would have done worse if Kurama wasn't draining his chakra reserves? Or did I misunderstand?
    It's your assumption of what he intended to do. He never let on that he intended to kill Minato, although Minato did intend on killing Obito.

I know he has the ability, so why didn't he use it?

Last edited by Omnipotent; 01-21-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    The smartest person

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi Minato View Post
    I sense sarcasm. What did I say that was so wrong????
    I have appreciated you..........

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    The smartest person

No, he was not.
    Obito's main power is his kamui and against minato its Kamui got owned.........

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by BodyFlicker View Post
    Obito's main power is his kamui and against minato its Kamui got owned.........
    The fact still remains that he didn't display everything.
    And that he was in a rush.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hero View Post
    I'm sorry but this is wrong on so many levels. Obito does not NEED to activate MS to use Space Time Justus or teleportation. We've seen him use the regular sharingan to do that. And as far as Minato kicking Obito's ass- its all a plothole. Obito has Space Time jutsu, forbidden Uchiha techs (izanagi which is basically a huge troll on any Naruto character), info and intel, mokuton, etc. Minato has intel, Rasengan, space-time jutsu, and seal. And no- Obito was never marked during that fight. Minato used the marked kunai to teleport to Obito. *facepalm* To say the truth- Minato and Obito are equal. Obito has a small edge due to his Uchiha background and forbidden techs.
    No, Minato marked Obito after hitting him with the Rasengan, after being marked Obito left because he knew he would did. How are they equal? Obito had info on Minato's abilities and time to plan where as Minato knew nothing and used his analyzing skills to figure everything out and made a strategy out of it. Obito had a huge advantage and still lost.

Thank you, for understanding...

:rofl: Can't you read?
    "You can already use mokuton...? Obito... I guess I know why Madara chose you now..."

What you fail to realize is that I'm not saying that Obito would win at all. However, it annoys me that people like to say Minato >>>>> Obito when Obito was getting his chakra taxed constantly by controlling Kurama, and failed to display what we know he was capable of. So, I believe it's more like Minato >= fourteen year old Obito. Furthermore, why wasn't Zetsu present during that fight? It makes no sense.
    Well I'm pretty sure Obito was 15 at the time since he's a couple months older than Kakashi and you're saying Obito chakrawas being drained from controling Kurama yet you forgot that as an Uchiha Obito has powerful chakra and has even more after being given Hashirama's cells to become a path of the Sage (Senju/Uchiha). Also you seem to forget Minato was using a rank A or S level sealing jutsu to stop Kurama from escaping while Kushina was giving birth (I say A or S rank because only a high level seal could be used to keep Kurama at bay). Then Minato also teleports a tbb (requires as much chakra as the size of the thing being teleported), So Minato wasn't at his best since he used alot of chakra before fighting Obito. Plus Obito surprise attack Minato from behind (Minato senses this), grabs Minato ad begins to wrap him but Minato teleports away. And you're complaining why Obito wasn't using another power that wasn't his? Zetsu is not Obito's power, yes Obito has parts of Zetsu in him but it's still isn't his power. Plus Minato full power is still unknown, we can easy say Minato wasn't at full power because he didn't use his other jutsus (Kakashi mentioned Minato wanted to add his element to rasengan) plus being Jiriaya's most prized student at the time would have Sage Mode as well seeing how Papa toad knew him (he could see both Minato and Jiriaya in Naruto in the Pain arc). Soooo yes Minato won using his own power wtihout being in a special clan.

His control over Kurama was draining his chakra reserves, even though Obito wasn't using Kurama in his fight against Minato. So therefore, Kurama was a detriment towards Obito in his fight against Minato.

He did not display mokuton.

Even then, it's manga fact that Obito didn't want the fight to drag on, and thus was rushing (which tends to cause mistakes):
    I already countered this argument in above this and you think Minato wanted this fight to drag on? He wanted to update Hiruzen on the situation but Obito attacked him. Even tho this happened Minato still was able to have a clear head and focus on what was in front of him which was Obito. Obito had time to plan his attack, how do you think Obito knew that Kushina was pregnant and where she was giving birth? By having white Zetsu spy on them like he did on Kakashi and Rin. Any Mistake Obito makes would be on him bcause he knew what would happen after taking kurama and summoning him in Konoha.

I already explained that the poll was made biased to express my point. It's obvious that Obito was not "going easy".
    I'm not saying that Obito could have won. What I'm saying is that many of you people think that Minato >>>>> 14 year old Obito, whereas due to the fact that Obito was in a rush, had his chakra reserves being drained constantly by his control over Kurama who was rampaging on the village, and didn't display all that he had to offer, I believe that it's more like Minato >= 14 year old Obito.
    Well Minato wasn't at full power either as I said above nor did he use any of his element jutsus (Kakashi said Chunins usually have 1 element and Jounins have 2, rare as it is some can have 3. So Minato being Kage should have at least 2 elements).

HATERS GONNA HATE Uchicha Macho's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see trolls well with these
    eyes

people finally reason that Minato < Obito

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You're saying that Obito would have done worse if Kurama wasn't draining his chakra reserves? Or did I misunderstand?
    It's your assumption of what he intended to do. He never let on that he intended to kill Minato, although Minato did intend on killing Obito.

I know he has the ability, so why didn't he use it?

yeah you misunderstood me, he might have actually done better IF he didn't have Kurama....but that was part of his plan so that shouldn't even be an arguement and he didn't use wood release because he most likely deemed it useless. If his s/t didn't work (which is his ABSOLUTE best technique) why would he bother on a borrowed power like wood release?

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't judge me by your usual
    standards.

Minato is far smarter and faster than the Uchiha's Black Sheep. It was fair and Obito's sillyness thinking he could take Minato head on.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by xxSAGExx View Post
    No, Minato marked Obito after hitting him with the Rasengan, after being marked Obito left because he knew he would did. How are they equal? Obito had info on Minato's abilities and time to plan where as Minato knew nothing and used his analyzing skills to figure everything out and made a strategy out of it. Obito had a huge advantage and still lost.

Well I'm pretty sure Obito was 15 at the time since he's a couple months older than Kakashi and you're saying Obito chakrawas being drained from controling Kurama yet you forgot that as an Uchiha Obito has powerful chakra and has even more after being given Hashirama's cells to become a path of the Sage (Senju/Uchiha). Also you seem to forget Minato was using a rank A or S level sealing jutsu to stop Kurama from escaping while Kushina was giving birth (I say A or S rank because only a high level seal could be used to keep Kurama at bay). Then Minato also teleports a tbb (requires as much chakra as the size of the thing being teleported), So Minato wasn't at his best since he used alot of chakra before fighting Obito. Plus Obito surprise attack Minato from behind (Minato senses this), grabs Minato ad begins to wrap him but Minato teleports away. And you're complaining why Obito wasn't using another power that wasn't his? Zetsu is not Obito's power, yes Obito has parts of Zetsu in him but it's still isn't his power. Plus Minato full power is still unknown, we can easy say Minato wasn't at full power because he didn't use his other jutsus (Kakashi mentioned Minato wanted to add his element to rasengan) plus being Jiriaya's most prized student at the time would have Sage Mode as well seeing how Papa toad knew him (he could see both Minato and Jiriaya in Naruto in the Pain arc). Soooo yes Minato won using his own power wtihout being in a special clan.

I already countered this argument in above this and you think Minato wanted this fight to drag on? He wanted to update Hiruzen on the situation but Obito attacked him. Even tho this happened Minato still was able to have a clear head and focus on what was in front of him which was Obito. Obito had time to plan his attack, how do you think Obito knew that Kushina was pregnant and where she was giving birth? By having white Zetsu spy on them like he did on Kakashi and Rin. Any Mistake Obito makes would be on him bcause he knew what would happen after taking kurama and summoning him in Konoha.

Well Minato wasn't at full power either as I said above nor did he use any of his element jutsus (Kakashi said Chunins usually have 1 element and Jounins have 2, rare as it is some can have 3. So Minato being Kage should have at least 2 elements).
    Being a Kage does not automatically give you an elemental affinity. Take for example Tsunade. Although Minato does have one.

yeah you misunderstood me, he might have actually done better IF he didn't have Kurama....but that was part of his plan so that shouldn't even be an arguement and he didn't use wood release because he most likely deemed it useless. If his s/t didn't work (which is his ABSOLUTE best technique) why would he bother on a borrowed power like wood release?
    But you still misunderstand me . I'm not saying that Obito would have won the fight. I'm saying that the way you guys interpret the fight makes you guys think that Minato seem like he's >>>>> 14 year old Obito when really it's Minato >= 14 year old Obito; had they fought under different circumstances in which it were not just a battle of speed and Obito was not having has chakra taxed by having Kurama under his control and rushing, we might have seen that.

Last edited by Omnipotent; 01-21-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Being a Kage does not automatically give you an elemental affinity. Take for example Tsunade. Although Minato does have one.

But you still misunderstand me . I'm not saying that Obito would have won the fight. I'm saying that the way you guys interpret the fight makes you guys think that Minato seem like he's >>>>> 14 year old Obito when really it's Minato >= 14 year old Obito; had they fought under different circumstances in which it were not just a battle of speed and Obito was not having has chakra taxed by having Kurama under his control and rushing, we might have seen that.

Ohhh i get it now, sorry to dissappoint though i still think minato>14 yr old tobi. Idk why we are even discussing this, its a 14 yer old kid who got owned by his teacher....honestly what could have obito done to kill him? Even if obito were to get his hands on him and warp him, minato should still be able to come back considering his ftg is a form of summoning tech.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Ohhh i get it now, sorry to dissappoint though i still think minato>14 yr old tobi. Idk why we are even discussing this, its a 14 yer old kid who got owned by his teacher....honestly what could have obito done to kill him? Even if obito were to get his hands on him and warp him, minato should still be able to come back considering his ftg is a form of summoning tech.
    Yeah, Minato was superior to Obito to that point, just not by that much.
    Honestly, Obito couldn't have won that fight because of plot. It wouldn't allow Minato to die. If Minato died, how would Naruto have Kurama sealed inside of him?

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I say whether he was at his best or not he shouldnt have challenged someone especially with the title of hokage who he knew nothing about..
    Fair fight being that obito had karuma under control minato still analyzed obito and bested him with no problem. Im actually about to watch that episode again!!!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Seriously, Obito's mokuton is laughable. He probably knew that his crappy mokuton wouldn't work against minato. And you can make the same argument for minato, that he was drained from using keeping kurama's seal strong during Kushina's labor and that he was tired from using Hiraishin so many times. If you reread that set of manga you'll see how tired he was from keeping the seal active

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by N9NETAILSSAGENARUTO View Post
    I say whether he was at his best or not he shouldnt have challenged someone especially with the title of hokage who he knew nothing about..
    Fair fight being that obito had karuma under control minato still analyzed obito and bested him with no problem. Im actually about to watch that episode again!!!
    Have fun. Those were some nice episodes indeed

Quote Originally Posted by know it all View Post
    Seriously, Obito's mokuton is laughable. He probably knew that his crappy mokuton wouldn't work against minato. And you can make the same argument for minato, that he was drained from using keeping kurama's seal strong during Kushina's labor and that he was tired from using Hiraishin so many times. If you reread that set of manga you'll see how tired he was from keeping the seal active
    What he did upon first using mokuton > what Yamato has done using mokuton. I don't see Yamato fodderizing Kiri ANBU neg diff.

Last edited by Omnipotent; 01-21-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Have you seen Obito making giant houses out of mokuton? (just to use one example, I'm too tired to think of more) Let's face it, Obito knows his Mokuton is garbage, that's why he hasn't used it since then

Last edited by know it all; 01-21-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchicha Macho View Post
    people finally reason that Minato < Obito
    Thats it Uchiha Macho has said it. /thread. Minato> obito.MACHO HAS SPOKEN. cos macho is always wrong

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by know it all View Post
    Have you seen Obito making giant houses out of mokuton? (just to use one example, I'm too tired to think of more) Let's face it, Obito knows his Mokuton is garbage, that's why he hasn't used it since then
    Have you seen Yamato kill 20+ Kiri ANBU neg diff?
    Oh, okay.

Page 8 of 8 « First ... 45678