Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last»
    Respected and Feared KingHashirama's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flamio sir, flam-i-o

Tsukuyomi overrated and hyped up

This technique is so hyped up by the fans of Itachi.. why? Cause of the page where Itachi says only the ones who are related to him, can break it.. lmao. So based on that page people basically cut off the "normal way" of canceling a genjutsu, chakra disruption, from the list of ways to stop Tsukuyomi. Which is freaking wrong.

Sasuke Uchiha used Tsukuyomi on Killer B, how was Killer B able to comeback? oh yea, because of Chakra disruption.

Tsukuyomi is a Genjutsu, all genjutsus are the same, they deal with chakra manipulation inside the victim's body. So Tsukuyomi is no different. People like SM Naruto and Jiraya and others who are able to disrupt their chakra and have strong minds (Otherwise it will affect you mentally , like it did to Kakashi) can break out of it.

Stop overrating something, that follows the simple law of breaking a Genjutsu.

Tsukuyomi is nothing special, if your talking about breaking it.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    The real MVP..

Re: Tsukuyomi overrated and hyped up

Tsukuyomi is a very powerful genjutsu. if you don't have a partner to disrupt your chakra, you're screwed

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flamio sir, flam-i-o

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme x Uchiha View Post
    Tsukuyomi is a very powerful genjutsu. if you don't have a partner to disrupt your chakra, you're screwed
    Bringing in Nature chakra is another way, you don't need a partner for it. Why?

Because Nature chakra basically changes your whole chakra network changes

Last edited by KingHashirama; 01-21-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excuses are for losers!

Aren't you the same person who said mokuton > Kongonyoi.
    Surely you are the right person to agree with

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

What makes it powerful is probably because you can do so MUCH in less than a second.

Like Itachi vs Kakashi, it felt like days, but everything was just in less than a second.

Other words, you don't stop a genjutsu in less than one second. So he can easily kill your mind before you cancel it.

Last edited by Ventalus; 01-21-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Playing the Game

Sasuke's Tsukuyomi is far inferior to Itachi's, proven by Danzo. Itachi's last for a mere moment but seem to last for however long Itachi wants. By the time someone's Chakra is disrupted Itachi's Tsukuyomi could already be over. Tsukuyomi is OP.

Godaime Hokage
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You are my disciple so
    you'll inherit the power of a
    Sannin"

Quote Originally Posted by KingHashirama View Post
    This technique is so hyped up by the fans of Itachi.. why? Cause of the page where Itachi says only the ones who are related to him, can break it.. lmao. So based on that page people basically cut off the "normal way" of canceling a genjutsu, chakra disruption, from the list of ways to stop Tsukuyomi. Which is freaking wrong.

Sasuke Uchiha used Tsukuyomi on Killer B, how was Killer B able to comeback? oh yea, because of Chakra disruption.

Tsukuyomi is a Genjutsu, all genjutsus are the same, they deal with chakra manipulation inside the victim's body. So Tsukuyomi is no different. People like SM Naruto and Jiraya and others who are able to disrupt their chakra and have strong minds (Otherwise it will affect you mentally , like it did to Kakashi) can break out of it.

Stop overrating something, that follows the simple law of breaking a Genjutsu.

Tsukuyomi is nothing special, if your talking about breaking it.
    My grandfather has spoken! Hashirama > Your opinions. Just deal with it.

Don't front.
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Difference is, this illusion affects you in an instant. So by the time you or your partner has begun trying to disrupt your chakra flow, that fckery has already affected you. I'm still not sure about the Jinchuuriki method, because time doesn't seem to pass at normal speed in that part of the conscience.

Last edited by OnPoint; 01-21-2013 at 07:12 PM.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    you were so close.

It is.

Simple Logic TheCloudsBlackLightning's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you feel like you hate
    your life,, its only because
    your stuck in someone elses
    flow. You must first go with
    the flow if ever you ever wish
    for things to get better. Go
    with the flow=acceptance.

Tsukuyomi only works via eye contact. Any intelligent character knows that. Kabuto prevented it by closing his eyes.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

To be fair Itachi has stated that his Tsukyomi is unbreakable except for those of Uchiha Blood.

The problem isn't the fact that Itachi's techniques are overrated, it's the fact that they are so horrendously broken in so many ways.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peace is a Lie, there is only
    Passion.

The fact that kakashi couldn't break itachi's tsukuyomi is proof enough against everything you said.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    「イタチ:キング」

Huh...cute thread.

Your first fallacious point lies in what you say about Sasuke. While it's true Sasuke used Tsukuyomi on Killer Bee, he only broke out of it as Sasuke's Tsukuyomi and Genjutsu in general is inferior to Itachi's. Namely, that Sasuke cannot manipulate time in his, which brings me to my next point, that Sasuke's is not instant. This was something that was attested by Tobi in Sasuke's bout with Danzo. [0]

With the above in mind, Itachi's Tsukuyomi is instant, as described on two canonical occasions. [1] [2] Kakashi also claims that there is no cancelling the effects of it. This is because Itachi's Tsukuyomi and I will repeat again for those who cannot comphrenend this simple fact, that it is Itachi's Tsukuyomi which cannot be broken by normal means, unless you're an Uchiha; something which was proven when Sasuke broke out of it in their destined battle. Additionally, Kakashi did not survive Tsukuyomi himself; Tsunade healed him. And this was because Itachi went easy on Kakashi, like Kakashi himself stated: "He could have killed me if he wanted to..."

Riddle me this: how can you break a technique that affects you in an instant? To put the conjecture forward that:

• One must recognize the Genjutsu.
    • Then one must cancel it's effects before an instant has occured.

Makes no sense...

Like Kakashi said, it's effects cannot be cancelled. And to break a technique faster than an instant makes absolutely no sense.

Thus, to use Sasuke as an example is completely illogical and fallacious. Though, like I said, cute thread.

Last edited by Douryoku; 01-21-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Staying Solo forever ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MubiOxx View Post
    Itachi's techniques are not overrated , They're Overpowered
    Trues.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Going to find "the one who knows everything".
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

By time anyone breaks out of Tsukiyomi they would've already taken damage from, like when Sasuke broke out of it, he still felt the sensation of getting his eye pulled out of it's socket.

you're underrating the technique so much right now lol

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Doúryoku View Post

Huh...cute thread.

Your first fallacious point lies in what you say about Sasuke. While it's true Sasuke used Tsukuyomi on Killer Bee, he only broke out of it as Sasuke's Tsukuyomi and Genjutsu in general is inferior to Itachi's. Namely, that Sasuke cannot manipulate time in his, which brings me to my next point, that Sasuke's is not instant. This was something that was attested by Danzo in his bout with Sasuke.

With the above in mind, Itachi's Tsukuyomi is instant, as described on two canonical occasions. [1] [2] Kakashi also claims that there is no cancelling the effects of it. This is because Itachi's Tsukuyomi and I will repeat again for those who cannot comphrenend this simple fact, that it is Itachi's Tsukuyomi which cannot be broken by normal means, unless you're an Uchiha; something which was proven when Sasuke broke out of it in their destined battle. Additionally, Kakashi did not survive Tsukuyomi himself; Tsunade healed him. And this was because Itachi went easy on Kakashi, like Kakashi himself stated: "He could have killed me if he wanted to..."

Riddle me this: how can you break a technique that affects you in an instant? To put the conjecture forward that:

• Then one must cancel it's effects.

Like Kakashi said, it's effects cannot be cancelled. And to break a technique faster than an instant makes absolutely no sense.

Thus, to use Sasuke as an example is completely illogical and fallacious. Though, like I said, cute thread.
    Owned.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sup

Sasuke has never used tsukuyomi

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flamio sir, flam-i-o

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze Release View Post
    Aren't you the same person who said mokuton > Kongonyoi.
    Surely you are the right person to agree with
    Kongonyoi? no clue what that is.
    As far as the manga goes in KKG:

1. Rinnegan
    2. Mokuton.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventalus View Post
    What makes it powerful is probably because you can do so MUCH in less than a second.

Like Itachi vs Kakashi, it felt like days, but everything was just in less than a second.

Other words, you don't stop a genjutsu in less than one second. So he can easily kill your mind before you cancel it.
    Yes but why? , because Kakashi couldn't disrupt his own chakra, i never said it wasn't a deadly move , I stated against people like SM Naruto it can be dealt with. Also, it doesn't kill your mind.. its when you start getting scared in the illusion, your mind starts to take that as real, unless you yourself know its not.

Quote Originally Posted by MubiOxx View Post
    Itachi's Tsukyomi can't be compared to Sasuke's
    Talking about Itachi's.....
    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenSound View Post
    Sasuke's Tsukuyomi is far inferior to Itachi's, proven by Danzo. Itachi's last for a mere moment but seem to last for however long Itachi wants. By the time someone's Chakra is disrupted Itachi's Tsukuyomi could already be over. Tsukuyomi is OP.
    Why is it Far inferior? because he can't manipulate it like Itachi. Also, it wasn't a mere moment, you can go check the Itachi's invasion in Konoha.. it was easily more then a couple of seconds.

But how does Sasuke's Tsukuyomi being inferior to Itachi's prove anything about how it could be broken? Madara had EMS and he went against Senju.. i'm pretty sure their way of breaking it was the same as the one i stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    Difference is, this illusion affects you in an instant. So by the time you or your partner has begun trying to disrupt your chakra flow, that fckeries has already affected you. I'm still not sure about the Jinchuuriki method, because time doesn't seem to pass at normal speed in that part of the conscience.
    ITS IF YOU LET IT AFFECT YOU. Jinchuuriki.. the Tailed beast it self could take over...... so its a fail against a Jinchuriki.

Huh...cute thread.

Your first fallacious point lies in what you say about Sasuke. While it's true Sasuke used Tsukuyomi on Killer Bee, he only broke out of it as Sasuke's Tsukuyomi and Genjutsu in general is inferior to Itachi's. Namely, that Sasuke cannot manipulate time in his, which brings me to my next point, that Sasuke's is not instant. This was something that was attested by Danzo in his bout with Sasuke.

Adorable post, but your point about Sasuke failed, when you failed to mention how the breaking out of the Genjutsu is different for Itachi's and Sasuke's. Every Genjutsu is Instant, there is no delay. No clue why you stated that.

Has anyone besides Itachi stated it cannot be broken by anyone else then Itachi? no. Your whole post, is the reason why i stated this about the thread.

And did you see how Scared Kakashi was? Kakashi in there did not have a strong mentality nor did have any way of disrupting his own chakra flow, where if he were to be a Sage , he could use Nature chakra. Also, it is already stated Sage mode is beyond Kakashi's level, or any of the Jounins.

You talked about it Affects.. yet didn't say how it affected you.. what was the reason.

Last edited by KingHashirama; 01-21-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    04/2012 - 07/2014

The power of tsukuyomi depends on the user. Sasuke can't control space and time of his tsukuyomi, so it's because of that, that it's breakable. I don't support Itachi very often, but you're wrong. It's already stated in the manga and Kakashi disagrees with you:

I agree that tsukuyomi can't kill though. I don't know why Itachi fans believe it's a one-shot technique. It all depends on the opponents mind

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Huh...cute thread.

Your first fallacious point lies in what you say about Sasuke. While it's true Sasuke used Tsukuyomi on Killer Bee, he only broke out of it as Sasuke's Tsukuyomi and Genjutsu in general is inferior to Itachi's. Namely, that Sasuke cannot manipulate time in his, which brings me to my next point, that Sasuke's is not instant. This was something that was attested by Tobi in Sasuke's bout with Danzo. [0]

• Then one must cancel it's effects before an instant has occured.

Makes no sense...

Solo'd times two.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peace is a Lie, there is only
    Passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    The power of tsukuyomi depends on the user. Sasuke can't control space and time of his tsukuyomi, so it's because of that, that it's breakable. I don't support Itachi very often, but you're wrong. It's already stated in the manga and Kakashi disagrees with you:

I agree that tsukuyomi can't kill though. I don't know why Itachi fans believe it's a one-shot technique. It all depends on the opponents mind
    Well kakashi wonders why Itachi didn't just kill him while he was in it, which leads me to believe he could kill with it. But mainly it leaves them vulnerable to a killing blow, easily.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Huh...cute thread.

Damn, just close the thread now..this guy^ completely destroyed every argument made in this thread lol

Don't front.
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHashirama View Post
    ITS IF YOU LET IT AFFECT YOU. Jinchuuriki.. the Tailed beast it self could take over...... so its a fail against a Jinchuriki.
    Once you've been caught, you can't 'choose' whether or not it will affect you. That's if the Bijuu can take over in an instant. IF.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It doesn't have to kill because it can put someone in the hospital for days, after that a simple kunai to the face would suffice.

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bypassing ban.

When someone is caught in a genjtusu from Itachi they tend to collapse meaning he can easily kill them while they are trapped in the genjutsu.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last»