Page 14 of 15 « First ... 4101112131415 Last»
    Status
    Oct 2011
    A mind needs books, as a sword
    needs a whetstone, if it is to
    keep its edge.

Re: Yata Mirror Grossly Underated- HardCounter to Dust Release

What I say is if that thing is that op itachi wouldn't be able to use 2 of it in same time with susanoo he has Lower chakra then kisame so there is no goddamn way that thing is strong.
    Who ever said the weapons take chakra? From yata mirrors description it has its own chakra stored in it.. all 5 elements to be exact
    OK what is the definition/translation of shinigami?

The GOD of DEATH.

It is spiritual in this realm of the physical and can make contact with physical and spiritual things when in this realm, but when it's not, it is an omnipresent GOD of DEATH.

But NOONE , literally not in the databook said that it was an OMNI present god of death.. ONLY that its responsible for the POOR souls caught in the technique..

All we know is that its a spiritual ability that can be called upon and used ......You're thinking that a god HAS to be all powerful or omnipotent.. But that my friend is far from through.. anything with power of something, that is being worshipped, or has been praised is a God

shiki fujin holds power of death and thus got that title.. infact , Minato would have been the one to NAME the technique that.... there is literally nothing in the manga saying that it actually IS a god..or even omnipresent at that...

kamui can alter space and time yes, it can take physical things away into its other astral reality, yes,
    But can spiritual items like yatamirror, ghosts, dan's soul, shiki fujin , pein's astral projections be affected by it? Not in my opinion..entirely different ball game... these things aren't physical or Material AT ALL... no form, just like kamui.. l.... which means they are possibly existing on two planes at once..

And just like Obito uses kamui on himself, and thus CAN exist on either plane.. these things operate beyond that, as they can make contact with things on the physical plane, but things on the physical plane can't make contact with them

Last edited by Owarij; 01-23-2013 at 07:10 PM.

Status
    Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Owarij View Post
    Who ever said the weapons take chakra? From yata mirrors description it has its own chakra stored in it.. all 5 elements to be exact

But NOONE , literally not in the databook said that it was an OMNI present god of death.. ONLY that its responsible for the POOR souls caught in the technique..

All we know is that its a spiritual ability that can be called upon and used ......You're thinking that a god HAS to be all powerful or omnipotent.. But that my friend is far from through.. anything with power of something, that is being worshipped, or has been praised is a God

shiki fujin holds power of death and thus got that title.. infact , Minato would have been the one to NAME the technique that.... there is literally nothing in the manga saying that it actually IS a god..or even omnipresent at that...

kamui can alter space and time yes, it can take physical things away into its other astral reality, yes,
    But can spiritual items like yatamirror, ghosts, dan's soul, shiki fujin , pein's astral projections be affected by it? Not in my opinion..entirely different ball game... these things aren't physical or Material AT ALL... no form, just like kamui.. l.... which means they are possibly existing on two planes at once..
    Haha you made me laugh there if it has 5 natures in it uses chakra you high or something?it has nature transformation stored it in not chakra.You waste chakra for it with whenever you use nature transformation you lose chakra it's that easy just like the fan tenten used it had all nature transformations in it but was about to kill tenten when she used it

Status
    Jun 2012
    ©

And just like Obito uses kamui on himself, and thus CAN exist on either plane.. these things operate beyond that, as they can make contact with things on the physical plane, but things on the physical plane can't make contact with them
    gods are by definition omnipresent lol and the dead demon seal does call upon a god

"The Dead Demon Consuming Seal is a seal which invokes the power of a spectral entity known as the Shinigami"

Last edited by Draphsin; 01-23-2013 at 07:33 PM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    keep its edge.

Haha you made me laugh there if it has 5 natures in it uses chakra you high or something?it has nature transformation stored it in not chakra.You waste chakra for it with whenever you use nature transformation you lose chakra it's that easy just like the fan tenten used it had all nature transformations in it but was about to kill tenten when she used it

You bring up a good point,But it was stated the bannana fan is able to generate all 5 once the user thinks of it, while yata mirror is already imbuedwith all 5 forms of nature transformations..

gods are by definition omnipresent lol and the dead demon seal does call upon a god
    Please relook up the definition of a God

If you're too lazy

God
    noun /gäd/ 

(in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) The creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being

(in certain other religions) A superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity
    - a moon god
    - an incarnation of the god Vishnu

An image, idol, animal, or other object worshiped as divine or symbolizing a god

Used as a conventional personification of fate
    - he dialed the number and, the gods relenting, got through at once

An adored, admired, or influential person
    - he has little time for the fashion victims for whom he is a god

A thing accorded the supreme importance appropriate to a god
    - don't make money your god
    All God's aren't all powerful,and omnipresent

eg- thor

"The Dead Demon Consuming Seal is a seal which invokes the power of a spectral entity known as the Shinigami"
    Unfortunately yata mirror is also a spectral entity

Last edited by Owarij; 01-23-2013 at 07:39 PM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Dont blink...

Please relook up the definition of a God

All God's aren't all powerful,and omnipresent

eg- thor

Unfortunately yata mirror is also a spectral entity
    Not all gods are omnipresent, but the god of death is one of them. The shinigami in Japanese folklore is the English equivalent of the grim reaper. It is death incarnate itself.

It is a spectral entity when inside the mortal realm and can manipulate anything of physical and spiritual in nature. Outside of it, it is an Omnipresent being.

Status
    Oct 2011
    keep its edge.

Not all gods are omnipresent, but the god of death is one of them. The shinigami in Japanese folklore is the English equivalent of the grim reaper. It is death incarnate itself.
    All of that is your opinion...Are you forgetting Minato created and named this technique? Once again noone knows if its actually a god or not..

Status
    Aug 2011
    Illusions & Nightmares

Underrated? laughable.. and why dig up old things liek this.. mirror and sword died with itachi ( prolly ) and with itachis chakras he couldnt maintain susanoo very long time, after susanoo drains him he's no longer "invincible"

Status
    Mar 2012
    The world is mine.

@NOemotions, we however are not talking about Itachi himself but the properties of Yatas shield.
    What is the reason for people to look for potential weaknesses of this shield, when Kihismoto explicitly noted there are no?
    Everyone agrees if I say that the databook is hyperbole at some point, when it's merely said that a certain ability, taken Preta-Path as an example, can absorb any Ninjutsu and Yatas mirror is able to protect its user from anything. Conclusions can be done by everyones interpretation, but both the databook and black Zetsu are not merely calling this weapon perfect, they call their user invincible and detailed explain how this shield works, in order to protect its user from anything. You cannot just ignore the meaning Kishimoto put into the databook when defining and not just hyping an ability.

Status
    Oct 2011
    keep its edge.

Quote Originally Posted by NOemotions View Post
    Underrated? laughable.. and why dig up old things liek this.. mirror and sword died with itachi ( prolly ) and with itachis chakras he couldnt maintain susanoo very long time, after susanoo drains him he's no longer "invincible"

This isn't about Itachi ....
    This is about yata mirror.. I'm very aware of Itachi problems with stamina

Status
    Jul 2011
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Since when are there statuses?

Like amaterasu, Kamui does move in a path,the both are just so fast, kishi doesn't even show the path movement anymore

It happened when he was sending it to Deidara's arms as welll

I think this would end up a matter of if Yata mirror responds on its own to attacks, or if the wielder has to change its attributes.. The thing about kamui is that its an invisible attack
    I'll rethink the Kamui and Amaterasu not "appearing" on the target, I feel as though it's been said before that they appear on the target...but I'll let that be for now.

What are your opinions on who controls the shield?

Banned
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Blowing Fanboys and Idiots
    alike With C4 Karura

Why did this thread suddenly resurface?

Status
    Oct 2011
    keep its edge.

Quote Originally Posted by FizzyDrink View Post
    I'll rethink the Kamui and Amaterasu not "appearing" on the target, I feel as though it's been said before that they appear on the target...but I'll let that be for now.

What are your opinions on who controls the shield?

Yea, zetsu said amaterasu appears on where the user focuses his eye, But the problem is , In the manga we have scans implying it does move, though incredibly fast.. I'm open to both sides really

As for who/ what controls the shield, I believe it reacts to the incoming attack and changes its attributes etc accordingly on its own

Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

The shield i believe has its own mind once itachi activates it an much like gaara sand it has a mind of its own,an since its a ghostly weapon i think kamui wont work itll probably be in a misdisorted kind of way, also add to the fact Obito was afried of itachi which the reason was most likely because of the spirit weapons i wonder if the blade of tsu could catch him even if he warps

Status
    Oct 2011
    keep its edge.

^agreed

Status
    Sep 2010
    0834-1917-9840

Quote Originally Posted by Lentz View Post
    What would happen if you attacked the strongest shield (Yata) with the strongest blade (Totsuka)?
    that would be spiritual weapon sex and a new spiritual weapon would be conceived

Status
    Sep 2012
    Single/Double

How about against Dan Katō's "Spirit Transformation Technique(Reika no Jutsu)"?

im lazy reading all the details and other comments so sorry...

but u think Yata mirror us Uber!

Status
    Sep 2012
    Single/Double

^^I mean "but "I" think Yata mirror us Uber!" (why i cant edit my comment sheesh)

Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

Good thread bro. But since sasuke has itachi's eyes does that mean he gets the totska blade and yata mirror?

Status
    Jun 2012
    ©

Quote Originally Posted by 1996ScientificShinobi View Post
    Good thread bro. But since sasuke has itachi's eyes does that mean he gets the totska blade and yata mirror?
    He hasnt shown it yet so as of now he doesnt have it

Status
    Oct 2011
    keep its edge.

We've seen his full susanno, and he still has his amaterasu bow arrow stuff, so doubtful