Page 3 of 12 « First 1234567 ... Last»
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apathetic

Re: Yata Mirror Grossly Underated- HardCounter to Dust Release

Quote Originally Posted by Varrah View Post
    Pure speculation, but these items were essentially residing in Itachi's Mangekyō Sharingan under the mechanism, Susano'o. Sasuke has since assimilated Itachi's ocular techniques, so these items may resurface in Sasuke's Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan, and if so, we may get to see their full capabilities.
    Nah man. I very much doubt that. Not because of the plausibility, but because of the plot. Itachi used it when he was an Edo while Sasuke had possession of his eyes.

If Sasuke unknowingly had said items, this probably would not have occurred and/or he would have discovered them by now. It's still possible however since Itachi did come in contact with Sasuke before his death (resembling the forehead tap).

I feel that Kishi made those items more unique to Itachi's character, as he made Itachi find them and not Orochimaru despite searching for said items for years.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

Quote Originally Posted by Forget Me Not View Post
    I don't really think it's a question as to what it's able to negate, but rather how. I don't doubt it could tank an entire TBB, but when characters like Minato come to mind I think speed would likely be an issue.

Susano'o lacks lateral speed. It isn't completely immobile, but it isn't exactly fast either, much less blinding fast as Minato is. Minato's speed coupled with FTG is essentially instantaneous; the Yata Mirror could not expand in a mere instant, at the speed of light.

Now this isn't an argument as to who's stronger out of Minato and Itachi, the point being is the speed is definitely quite possibly a potential counter to the Yata Mirror (as well as Itachi's Susano'o as he doesn't have the intangibility of Sasuke's Susano'o due to Sasuke's Blaze Release/Enton).

Like I said, I can think of at least a few feasible counters to Yata Mirror. Just very few characters would be able to exercise them - and even fewer currently alive.
    Well we don't know that until we put it to the test, right?

Would BM Naruto be one of those alive who could provide a counter to Yata Mirror? He's a speed demon too.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Well we don't know that until we put it to the test, right?

Would BM Naruto be one of those alive who could provide a counter to Yata Mirror? He's a speed demon too.
    With the substantial power and speed of BM Naruto, I don't doubt it at all. Especially with the Kyuubi at his disposal.

But Minato is another story. FTG is instant. There's not a doubt in my mind that Minato's FTG could be able to get Itachi some way or another.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

With the substantial power and speed of BM Naruto, I don't doubt it at all. Especially with the Kyuubi at his disposal.
    Do you think BM Naruto can do it with the 8 minute cap he has (as of now)?

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    Do you think BM Naruto can do it with the 8 minute cap he has (as of now)?
    I overlooked that for a moment. Not sure. It depends on how long BM Naruto holds vs. how long Itachi could sustain the Susano'o.

If Naruto has intel on these items (which Kyubi could probably inform him on), then I think I'm wagering for the odds to be in Naruto's favor. Now if he has no knowledge of these weapons, they could very likely catch him off guard.

Depends on how much Naruto's grown intellectually really. Perhaps him and Kyubi could collaborate to take him down. And that partnership is pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

Conquer All Of Your Sin's enditallsin's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let the text fly,Who the next
    to die?

Ya know its funny when yata mirror gets hyped people believe it right off the bat but when something/someone else gets hyped than people start questioning it and saying **** like"That never happened" and trying to rewrite the manga their way, not that you're doing that,im just preferring to the groups of biased ****ers on this base.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apathetic

Quote Originally Posted by enditallsin View Post
    Ya know its funny when yata mirror gets hyped people believe it right off the bat but when something/someone else gets hyped than people start questioning it and saying **** like"That never happened" and trying to rewrite the manga their way, not that you're doing that,im just preferring to the groups of biased ****ers on this base.
    I didn't understand a word you just said.

Conquer All Of Your Sin's enditallsin's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let the text fly,Who the next
    to die?

I didn't understand a word you just said.
    -_- long story short, people on this base are biased when its comes to the hype of other characters and their abilities,but their not biased when it comes to the hype of itachis abilities.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

I overlooked that for a moment. Not sure. It depends on how long BM Naruto holds vs. how long Itachi could sustain the Susano'o.

If Naruto has intel on these items (which Kyubi could probably inform him on), then I think I'm wagering for the odds to be in Naruto's favor. Now if he has no knowledge of these weapons, they could very likely catch him off guard.

Depends on how much Naruto's grown intellectually really. Perhaps him and Kyubi could collaborate to take him down. And that partnership is pretty darn good if I do say so myself.
    Ah, so if there is knowledge Naruto bypasses Yata Mirror more times than not, and if there is no knowledge, Yata Mirror would prevail more times than not?

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    God Complex.

This is a hard one to digest given the abilities of Dust Release. Though you provide facts on Yata all you've said it's still only speculation...there other factors to consider before saying it can counter jinton.

Its a difference in opinion but i would still doubt that naruto could anticipate itachi even if he collaborated with kyuubi. Itachi is a spot on person and from majority of his fight's (disregardaing his Training-session fight with sasuke) when he takes out his Doujtusu techniques it is to utilize them immediately.

The kyuubi, much less naruto wouldn't have intel on itachi's tech's.

Last edited by Waltz; 01-22-2013 at 03:23 AM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    A mind needs books, as a sword
    needs a whetstone, if it is to
    keep its edge.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyDogGeneral View Post
    This is a hard one to digest given the abilities of Dust Release. Though you provide facts on Yata all you've said it's still only speculation...there other factors to consider before saying it can counter jinton.
    Like? almost nothing ive posted is speculation as there are manga scans of yata mirror growing in size and shape

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    God Complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Owarij View Post
    Like? almost nothing ive posted is speculation as there are manga scans of yata mirror growing in size and shape
    Speculation that it could counter Jinton. Firstly therer are different variations of Jinton and the speed of the technique is the biggest factor. The Cubic jinton would cover Itachi's entire susano'o in a blitz of a second..it's arguable if he'd get Yata to completely shield him before Jinton gets there.

Last edited by Waltz; 01-22-2013 at 03:29 AM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    keep its edge.

The Cubic jinton would cover Itachi's entire susano'o in a blitz of a second.
    I covered speed of the shape manipulation , it apparently happens instantly , no timed growing...moments before the paper bombs on the kunai exploded, yata mirror increased in size instantly

why wont it increase instantly for jinton? it almost has the slowest cast(charge) time in the manga

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apathetic

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyDogGeneral View Post
    Its a difference in opinion but i would still doubt that naruto could anticipate itachi even if he collaborated with kyuubi. Itachi is a spot on person and from majority of his fight's (disregardaing his Training-session fight with sasuke) when he takes out his Doujtusu techniques it is to utilize them immediately.

The kyuubi, much less naruto wouldn't have intel on itachi's tech's.
    It's not merely a matter of anticipation. I doubt Kyuubi would have intel on Itachi's techs as well, but that doesn't mean they still can't counter it. I was giving the benefit of doubt since the topic I'm debating isn't directly related to this subject so I'm not trying to make anything come off as definitely conclusive or anything like that.

Speed, as explained, would give Itachi trouble due to the fact that Itachi has limited stamina (and even more limited stamina if this is the sick Itachi) and MS has a heavy toll on the user unlike the EMS.

The Yata Mirror can potentially expand, but there's no proof that it can expand nimbly or faster than someone speed-savvy like BM Naruto.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    God Complex.

I covered speed of the shape manipulation , it apparently happens instantly , no timed growing...moments before the paper bombs on the kunai exploded, yata mirror increased in size instantly

why wont it increase instantly for jinton? it almost has the slowest cast(charge) time in the manga
    Yata is no doubt controlled by itachi and he knows the extents of a paper bomb. Am not saying he's in control of it's manipulative abilities but apparently it extends based on the users anticipation of the attack other wise it would extend equally everytime. Itachi could make a bad judgement on jintons initial size in the palm.
    It's not merely a matter of anticipation. I doubt Kyuubi would have intel on Itachi's techs as well, but that doesn't mean they still can't counter it. I was giving the benefit of doubt since the topic I'm debating isn't directly related to this subject so I'm not trying to make anything come off as definitely conclusive or anything like that.

Speed, as explained, would give Itachi trouble due to the fact that Itachi has limited stamina (and even more limited stamina if this is the sick Itachi) and MS has a heavy toll on the user unlike the EMS.

The Yata Mirror can potentially expand, but there's no proof that it can expand nimbly or faster than someone speed-savvy like BM Naruto.
    Valid and vital points, i didn't look at it that way. Counters are possible due to itachi's limitations..that might just be naruto's advantage.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    keep its edge.

Yata is no doubt controlled by itachi
    I dont know about that one, not really confirmed...the way the databook describes it, it seems like the mirror itself changes its properties etc based on the attack coming, From reading, I don't believe it was hinted that its up to wielder

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Wow Thread... Hattttts of to your work man...You rock...

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    God Complex.

I dont know about that one, not really confirmed...the way the databook describes it, it seems like the mirror itself changes its properties etc based on the attack coming, From reading, I don't believe it was hinted that its up to wielder
    Even if, Yata adjusting to cubic Jinton is still questionable via speed being that both seem to be "instantaneous".

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apathetic

In that case, Susano'o primary weakness would be ground-based attacks.

Some possible ways Yata Mirror could be countered: Exponential speed (i.e. FTG), Sand/Dust (a la Gaara and his father), Wood Clone, Kamui, Dust Release, etc.

Would have really been intriguing to see Yata Mirror's full extent. Too bad it's probably no longer in existence.

Last edited by Forget Me Not; 01-22-2013 at 04:14 AM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    God Complex.

Some possible ways Yata Mirror could be countered: Exponential speed (i.e. FTG), Sand/Dust (a la Gaara and his father), Wood Clone, Kamui, Dust Release, etc.

Would have really been intriguing to see Yata Mirror's full extent. Too bad it's probably no longer in existence.
    Maybe kishi will give it somemore screen time through sasuke or atleast incorporated its abilities to his. Personally, I'd prefer him stressing on totsuka's peircing ability.

Itachi is the Supreme GOD
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itachi>>>All
    blonde(yep Minato and Goku)

we all know that TOTSUKA and YATA MIRROR can solo the nagato,minato,madara,hiruzen and 10 tails

~ BLACK MAMBA ~ The Infernal Spirit's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

We saw the Tosuka blade in action twice what is there to debate about ? Upon contact the target is sealed forever.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I hear you loud and clear.A majority on this base confuse preference and opinion with facts.Thank you for bringing this to light.
    It was very detailed and carefully explains it. + rep

Haven't seen a good thread in days

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Umm jinton can't break down a ethereal shield into bare molecules .....its ethereal.

Status
    Jul 2011
    The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since when are there statuses?

I suppose to me the biggest question is that which PuppyDogGeneral already mentioned: who is in control of Yata Mirror? Is the Mirror reacting on its own to oncoming attacks, or is Itachi himself altering it's size to defend himself? I believe it is the latter. Why? Because if it were the Yata Mirror reacting to oncoming attacks, my belief is that it would expand to the perfect size to block the attack, and nothing more. However, in the scan you provided where Sasuke throws the paper bombs attached to kunai, the shield expands more than necessary. This is, of course, mere speculation, but it seems to me as though it reacts according to the user, and so if the user does not see an attack (this relates to the speed argument), then the shield will also not react. Similarly, the user would have to see an attack coming to block it. This seems to make more sense in my opinion.