Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Naruto Chapter 617 Review: Naruto Surpasses Minato

Reviewing the New Naruto Chapter

In Case that Link Doesn't Work: Link to My Channel

Do Naruto's support capabilities now exceed his combat abilities? Has Naruto surpassed Minato & what does this mean about Minato's strength? Where are Sasuke & Orochimaru?

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Naruto Chapter 617 Review: Naruto Surpasses Minato

i THINK THE REASON nARUTO WAS ABLE TO SURPASS HIS PARENTS IS BECAUSE OF nARUTO'S MASTERY OF SAGE ENERGY. opps, sorry about caps but I'm not retyping lol.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroompowah View Post
    i THINK THE REASON nARUTO WAS ABLE TO SURPASS HIS PARENTS IS BECAUSE OF nARUTO'S MASTERY OF SAGE ENERGY. opps, sorry about caps but I'm not retyping lol.
    I don't think Naruto surpassed Minato when he mastered SM. I mean he's stated to surpass him this chapter only after he master SM + KCM + BM + Chakra Transfer. Plus I don't think SM Naruto could perform the level of feats Minato has, only BM Naruto started matching Minato in that sense.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm saying it is Naruto's mastery of SM that sets him apart from his parents. Naruto has alot of his parents abilities already. One thing his parents lacked was SM. By mastering SM he attained a chakra control greater than his parents. Hence the stronger kyuubi cloaks placed upon alliance shinobi.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

One more thing... when Naruto trained with hundreds of clones to cut the waterfall in half, he probably logged more training hours in than many shinobi log in a decade or three. That is another factor which may apply to his greater chakra control.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Oh I see what you saying now. Senjutsu could be part of the reason why he is better than his parents now, in the sense that your talking about.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Naruto may surpassed his parents but we don't know anything about minato's abilities he might have been able to master sage mode...... Since Jiraya was minato's sensei and Minato also had lot chakra so IMO minato had SM

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by swapnil5843 View Post
    Naruto may surpassed his parents but we don't know anything about minato's abilities he might have been able to master sage mode...... Since Jiraya was minato's sensei and Minato also had lot chakra so IMO minato had SM
    I agree, it's likely Minato had at least a basic ability to use SM. However, since his SM level has not been proven, I think Minato only had a Jiraiya or lesser ability with SM. Minato was a natural talent, with high ceiling for anything he tried to master, but he also was probably spread a bit thin during the times right before his death.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroompowah View Post
    I agree, it's likely Minato had at least a basic ability to use SM. However, since his SM level has not been proven, I think Minato only had a Jiraiya or lesser ability with SM. Minato was a natural talent, with high ceiling for anything he tried to master, but he also was probably spread a bit thin during the times right before his death.
    Minato was genius and said to born once in ages so may be he might have mastered sage mode... Also Gamabunta and Fugaku sama thought that he surpassed his predecessors after naruto mastered sage mode you can see in this chapter here http://narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/430/18

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I don't think Minato even needed SM. Summoning Fusaku & Shima alone would be enough. Think of how Haxed FTG + Frog Song is.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

To me naruto surpassing minato does not mean is greater than his father it just mean in certain areas like chakra manipulation, narutos a better jin than his mom, rasengan - naruto has taken it to a level minato only could dream of and now we chakra convertion as for SM and kage bunshin naruto is by far the best but he is not the genius that the rest of the other ninjas b4 him were. Minato took kyubi and obito by himself, jiraiya took on pain with no intel even with the current battle taking place he still needs help.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by lion fang master View Post
    To me naruto surpassing minato does not mean is greater than his father it just mean in certain areas like chakra manipulation, narutos a better jin than his mom, rasengan - naruto has taken it to a level minato only could dream of and now we chakra convertion as for SM and kage bunshin naruto is by far the best but he is not the genius that the rest of the other ninjas b4 him were. Minato took kyubi and obito by himself, jiraiya took on pain with no intel even with the current battle taking place he still needs help.
    You could be right on that, but I personally took it to mean he surpassed Minato overall due to this new ability even if Minato is still better than Naruto in some areas.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out there

Quote Originally Posted by TurrinB View Post
    Reviewing the New Naruto Chapter

In Case that Link Doesn't Work: Link to My Channel

Do Naruto's support capabilities now exceed his combat abilities? Has Naruto surpassed Minato & what does this mean about Minato's strength? Where are Sasuke & Orochimaru?
    minato never had abilties to control the fox's chakra

Don't know why a lot of ppl jumping to the conclusion that naruto surpassed minato in this area.

Minato knew uzumaki sealing techs to deal with the fox and kushina had a special chakra to restrain the fox that is all.

What the fox was tryong to say when he said naruto out did his parents was that when kushina and minato had to fight tobi with the fox that night naruto is dealing a lot better with the fox than they could on a abstract level that look how well naruto can control the fox's chakra.,

and I agree the naruto support and sening skills are probably the best in thw world, only hasihrama we can say maybe out do naruto in healing ppl.