4 57.14%
  • or bad idea

3 42.86%
    Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    SAGE

suggestion GOOD "New threads" should stay longer on NB home screen

suggestion GOOD "New threads" should stay longer on NB home screen vs the Not So Intelligent ones

i think that some real good topic threads get pushed off the NarutoBase home screen to quickly and the REAL dum ones

like "Do you like redheads or blondes better??" should have less home screen time..

Yes i know that recent threads and dailey threads are just one click away , but most people start on that NB home

screen and never really give the less advertised GOOD threads a chance because the just dont see them

Just a suggestion and i do think most of NB mem would agree

ty for reading

Last edited by 4bdN; 01-24-2013 at 09:00 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I am back O_O

Re: suggestion GOOD "New threads" should stay longer on NB home screen

But then there will be fights over what threads are considered good O.o

I mean I understand, some good theories are pushed away. But really threads get hot if members want to talk about it. If they want to talk in threads about hair color so be it.

Plus, it is a bit of a high maintenance job deciding which thread is a good one and is not. And what if it is bad then what ? Do you delete it ? Or remove it.. okay just thinking about this just seems impossible. It will just start fights when someone's thread is considered 'unworthy' and I can just imagine the chaos.

Ah there are so many things I could say.. but the bottom line is... your idea wont work my friend >_O

Last edited by LssJBroly; 01-24-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    *om nom nom* MY RAMEN!!!!

Maybe increase the amount of threads visible at a time from 5 to 10? Idk, it ain't up to me :/

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Some people don't have the intent to post stupid threads. It's like everyone has a different opinion about the thread is wether good or bad. However, if you see troll threads, just hit the report button and they will most likely be deleted. It will cause the serious threads hitting the surface again. But some people try their best on a thread, and when it is disliked by the community, you can't call it a ''dumb'' thread. The creator tried his/her best on the thread, but it may in your eyes be considered as ''Dumb'' thread. Keep in mind a lot of people here are teens and young adults. But overall I don't think this works. As far as I know Vbullitin isn't a bot that can scan ''dumb'' and ''good'' threads.

Last edited by Valen; 01-24-2013 at 09:06 AM.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiding in the Mist

eh not really after the first two pages big threads like those lose my interest so i dont really care for this sort of thing

Sage of Six Paths Trippy Sage of all Dank's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Resonating with the Universe.
    (~..~)

Quote Originally Posted by LssJBroly View Post
    But then there will be fights over what threads are considered good O.o

I mean I understand, some good theories are pushed away. But really threads get hot if members want to talk about it. If they want to talk in threads about hair color so be it.

Plus, it is a bit of a high maintenance job deciding which thread is a good one and is not. And what if it is bad then what ? Do you delete it ? Or remove it.. okay just thinking about this just seems impossible. It will just start fights when someone's thread is considered 'unworthy' and I can just imagine the chaos.

Ah there are so many things I could say.. but the bottom line is... your idea wont work my friend >_O
    This ^ imho. (I completely understand OP, and wish for something similar) But it is as LssJBroly says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valen View Post
    Some people don't have the intent to post stupid threads. It's like everyone has a different opinion about the thread is wether good or bad. However, if you see troll threads, just hit the report button and they will most likely be deleted. It will cause the serious threads hitting the surface again. But some people try their best on a thread, and when it is disliked by the community, you can't call it a ''dumb'' thread. The creator tried his/her best on the thread, but it may in your eyes be considered as ''Dumb'' thread. Keep in mind a lot of people here are teens and young adults. But overall I don't think this works. As far as I know Vbullitin isn't a bot that can scan ''dumb'' and ''good'' threads.
    This as well. Some people may geniuinely believe that a "stupid" or "irrelevant" is good. It's tricky

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ℬeethoven of Metal

Isn't this what the Mods are trying to do ?
    You realize new thread overwrites another new thread and takes it's place, there's no possible way to write a script saying if the thread is good then keep it if not then trash it. Some threads and spam posts are automatically deleted because they contain some words that are tagged in somewhere thus allowing the site to auto delete such messages and spam words.
    But for a thread to be labeled as "good" , "new" , or "bad", that's semi impossible to be honest. The Mods do their job and delete any troll threads, which automatically makes place for a possible good thread to show up in the home screen .

~ The God of High School ~ PrimeOfTheSixPaths's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

A lot of NB users just need to learn correct grammar before posting, THEN come up with logical arguments where they aren't ridiculously unreasonable.
    Not only that but if there were less users constantly flaming people about their opinions, that would be great as well.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I am back O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Trippy Sage of all Dank View Post
    This ^ imho. (I completely understand OP, and wish for something similar) But it is as LssJBroly says.
    Yeah, I mean everyone wants that.. but it is just impossible O_>

lol Trippy I just gave you your third rep bar

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Ƀeedo View Post
    Isn't this what the Mods are trying to do ?
    You realize new thread overwrites another new thread and takes it's place, there's no possible way to write a script saying if the thread is good then keep it if not then trash it. Some threads and spam posts are automatically deleted because they contain some words that are tagged in somewhere thus allowing the site to auto delete such messages and spam words.
    But for a thread to be labeled as "good" , "new" , or "bad", that's semi impossible to be honest. The Mods do their job and delete any troll threads, which automatically makes place for a possible good thread to show up in the home screen .
    Can they make it go by views and comments? That'd be perfect in my opinion. Maybe have a filter? :o

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I am back O_O

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeOfTheSixPaths View Post
    Can they make it go by views and comments? That'd be perfect in my opinion. Maybe have a filter? :o
    Well if enough people dislike a thread, the original post gets down ranked O.o
    If only there were a similar system , where if the thread gets a certain amount of dislikes, the thread would be considered bad and the whole thing was down ranked away from the latest threads or deleted. But again, impossible >_O

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ℬeethoven of Metal

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeOfTheSixPaths View Post
    Not really, remember, troll threads usually get the most views, and comments, because people try to troll the troll and act funny

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by LssJBroly View Post
    Well if enough people dislike a thread, the original post gets down ranked O.o
    If only there were a similar system , where if the thread gets a certain amount of dislikes, the thread would be considered bad and the whole thing was down ranked away from the latest threads or deleted. But again, impossible >_O
    Imgur has it like that. The more upvotes, the closer to front page, the more downvotes, it's almost irrelevant.

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.

Sorry, but what you are asking is realistically seen not possible. Currently they are organized in the order they are posted: youngest thread at the top, oldest one at the bottom. Whatever is a good or bad thread is subjective and as said before you can't write a script that makes such decisions and doing it manually is not even doable.

Using likes/dislikes doesn't really work either as in most cases it would take too long and could be abused in several ways.

The only thing I can think of is making it so that threads from specific sections just don't appear at all. We have done this with the VS Threads section. But once again it becomes very subjective to start deciding which sections deserve it and which not. We only applied that to that one section because we don't want to have everything filled with VS threads, but when you start doing that for other sections, well it becomes unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Codawg View Post
    Maybe increase the amount of threads visible at a time from 5 to 10? Idk, it ain't up to me :/
    Yes that's an option, however that takes space and it's not really appealing having your screen filled with only links to threads for potential new members.