4 5.80%
  • 1*

4 5.80%
Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

Re: Naruto Shippuden Episode 297 "A Father's Hope, A Mother's Love" – Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by The Hidden Shinobi View Post
    I think they decided to take on the route of full on emotion but it didn't really work as we have seen all this before. The only new piece of information that came out was that gaara was loved from the start. They literally spent half the episode on things we already knew.
    At emotional state, it was pretty weak. Trust me, at these scenes, I am a crybaby. When I read the manga chapter, I cried my ass out, lol and I was thinking to myself if this is how I feel when I read the manga, my God what's going to be when I watch the anime.
    And when I did... it was like...really? The emotional state from when I read the manga kept passing through my mind and I was like "Why the hell do you ruin such great scenes, anime team????"
    When Karura surrounded him with that sand, he had an shocked expression and that's when he realized how much Gaara was loved by her, etc... But the body language was brilliant! Kishi did a great thing, yet, in the anime, he was still somewhat indifferent...
    I was really looking forward for this chapter as I LOVED IT, Gaara being one of my favorites, yet they ruined it for me at least.
    As for being loved from the start, that wasn't new in the anime, we had it in the manga as well...

Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's Dance!

Re: Naruto Shippuden Episode 297 "A Father's Hope, A Mother's Love" – Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HarrisonX View Post
    Sorry guys, I vote 3/5 it was good but I didn't like the flash backs, it took up a lot of the episode so I didn't get much out of it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome G View Post
    pretty good episode. Though I wished it had a few less flashbacks and a little more action.
    I just re-read it all in the manga, everything happened exactly as it did in the manga. It had that many flashbacks and just about the same amount of fighting the anime showed.

But don't worry the action that is coming in the next few weeks is going to be epic!

Quote Originally Posted by Chatte View Post
    At emotional state, it was pretty weak. Trust me, at these scenes, I am a crybaby. When I read the manga chapter, I cried my ass out, lol and I was thinking to myself if this is how I feel when I read the manga, my God what's going to be when I watch the anime.
    And when I did... it was like...really? The emotional state from when I read the manga kept passing through my mind and I was like "Why the hell do you ruin such great scenes, anime team????"
    When Karura surrounded him with that sand, he had an shocked expression and that's when he realized how much Gaara was loved by her, etc... But the body language was brilliant! Kishi did a great thing, yet, in the anime, he was still somewhat indifferent...
    I was really looking forward for this chapter as I LOVED IT, Gaara being one of my favorites, yet they ruined it for me at least.
    As for being loved from the start, that wasn't new in the anime, we had it in the manga as well...
    Hmm, that's a real shame if the anime couldn't even move you one bit. But you have to take into slight consideration that you knew it was going to happen, gaara's mum loving him and all.

And no by new I meant, we already knew gaara's dad tried to kill him at this point and that he was told he was not loved by his mother so all the flashbacks of that wasn't needed really, but I re read the manga and the flash backs were there as well.

I thought the anime team put those flashbacks in them selves.

Last edited by The Hidden Shinobi; 01-24-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Senior Member Ero sennin jiraiya's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Hmm, animation was really good in my opinion. I wish they had done it a bit more emotional than it was considering that it was a chapter full of emotional journeys for Gaara, but meh.
    And I wished for a better ... how should I say it? I mean, animation was ok and effects and all, but they lack the dramatic drawing style Kishi has.

Overal 3/5 for me.
    mehhh i feel the same way. Actually i found this chapter a little boring though it was a necessary chapter....

Unless I'm mistaken. a lot of those Gaara flashbacks were shown in part 1 as well.

As far as the more dramatic parts of Naruto go, I usually prefer the manga. It didn't really add anything to what i got with the manga translating it into anime, whereas the opposite is true when it comes to fight scenes and the like

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    つ ◕_◕ ༽つAMENO༼ つ
    ◕_◕ ༽つ

meh episode
    After so many people complained about the bad animation during the previous episodes now I cant stop thinking about it !_!
    I used to be able to just ignore it but this time I just thought to myself about how I wished they kept going wit the Chikara style of animation

Vigilante Missing-Nin Uchiha Josephus's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super Eternal Mangekyou
    RinneByakugan!!! #__#

Was pretty good! Granted, I skipped the flashbacks

Animation much better than the "Power" episodes (those were terrible)

Can't wait for the next episode though! Itachi and Nagato! WOOOO! :D

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This episode really couldn't have gotten any better considering what the manga left it with. It had great animation, and the flashbacks were taken directly out of the manga. I'm going to say it was 5/5 as an adaption to the manga, but a 3/5 in terms of entertainment. At least they didn't add any unnecessary flashbacks that weren't in the manga like they usually do.

I think they decided to take on the route of full on emotion but it didn't really work as we have seen all this before. The only new piece of information that came out was that gaara was loved from the start. They literally spent half the episode on things we already knew.
    I'm fairly certain at this point in the story it hadn't been revealed that the Sand was being moved by Gaara's mother, not Shukaku (so there is another point of information).

Preview for next episode looks good, this fight deserves spectacular animation and I won't be satisfied with anything less.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by zoos View Post
    meh episode
    After so many people complained about the bad animation during the previous episodes now I cant stop thinking about it !_!
    I used to be able to just ignore it but this time I just thought to myself about how I wished they kept going wit the Chikara style of animation
    I heard that Chikara was done by a different animation studio, so it's not really like their animation quality changed. I understand what you mean though, I am absolutely fine with this fight getting meh animation if it means that all the fights after this will get good animation (they all deserve it big time). Out of all the Day 2 fights I thought this fight was the only one that wasn't that special (not including the ZetsuFodder fights and the guy with the Magnet Release that they fought last episode).

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    overworked *.*

4/5, it didn't have that wow effect I expected from this drama episode...

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It was a good episode, with decent animation. Having read the manga it takes away some of the drama of this episode of course.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

Hmm, that's a real shame if the anime couldn't even move you one bit. But you have to take into slight consideration that you knew it was going to happen, gaara's mum loving him and all.

And no by new I meant, we already knew gaara's dad tried to kill him at this point and that he was told he was not loved by his mother so all the flashbacks of that wasn't needed really, but I re read the manga and the flash backs were there as well.

I thought the anime team put those flashbacks in them selves.
    Well, the thing is, I had been there before. The chapter had me moved but the anime team made me tear my eyes out. That's why I expected this effect considering how much the chapter itself moved me. However, nu such thing.
    I am very much into these emotional/dramatical/psychological things of Naruto so probably that's why I was a bit disappointed. But meh.

Regarding the flashbacks, got the message

IKSOKRIPS = X-O-Creeps IKSOKRIPS's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need help with the Timeline of
    Naruto? I'm the man you need!

3/5

+ The Sand VS Gold Dust actions was good, cuz in the Manga they really couldn't be distinguished from one another. :y
    + I don't know why, but I liked Shukaku's roar.
    + For me, this was the best sight in the whole episode.

- The flashbacks were longer in the Anime than the Manga.
    - Just look at the Third Raikage. . . . . . . . . he is the same size as the othres.
    - There is a mistake where Yashamaru is talking to Gaara. It should be night, not day. :mad:

Next episode is going to be freaky! :noc:

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    BEING ALONE IS BETTER THAN
    BEING WITH A WRONG PERSON.

4/5
    A heart warming episode with cool fight (a little)
    Yashamaru and Gaara's conversation was during night. Even in series 1, it was night.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meow meow meow

The corners of my eyes were not dry while watching, I can tell that much .
    I would have prefered if it continued like 3more min, like completely finishing the scene between gaara and his dad.
    I feel like in the next episode it will be completely finished, but I would have prefered that in this episode.

Animation was pretty good too.

still 5/5 from me.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by IKSOKRIPS View Post
    3/5

+ The Sand VS Gold Dust actions was good, cuz in the Manga they really couldn't be distinguished from one another. :y
    + I don't know why, but I liked Shukaku's roar.
    + For me, this was the best sight in the whole episode.

- The flashbacks were longer in the Anime than the Manga.
    - Just look at the Third Raikage. . . . . . . . . he is the same size as the othres.
    - There is a mistake where Yashamaru is talking to Gaara. It should be night, not day. :mad:

Next episode is going to be freaky! :noc:
    Good points, I didn't even realise that it was day instead of night in the conversation between Gaara and Yashamaru good spot

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Math View Post
    decent episode. but next time.. Itachi and Nagato v Naruto and B. :D
    Best fight till madara arrives

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing much.

Best fight till madara arrives
    I can't wait till Madara vs the Kages!

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meow meow meow

Do you know what sounded so beautiful?

Mirror 2, starting at 20:50
    ''You surpassed me long ago''
    and than the best part
    ''I leave the village to you Gaara!!''
    Especially the way he said Gaara's name at the end, like with his last breath, choking in his pride for his son, the thanks he got in the end and all the emotions of regret.
    (thats what it sounded like).
    Japanese is such a beautiful language or maybe its just japanese actors in some animes I watched.
    I am not totally sure.
    It just feels so much more full of emotion than for example english imo.

I can't wait till Madara vs the Kages!
    Indeed.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This chapter has confirmed that Gaara is my favourite Naruto character

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

3/5 for me, but it was still pretty good. It played out exactly like the manga which was pleasing, but reading it for the first time was more emotional to me than watching what I was already expecting. I didn't find the flashbacks overly emotional either but the ending got to me a little, thanks to the emotions the voice actors portrayed that could only be imagined in my head when reading the chapter.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meow meow meow

Quote Originally Posted by Melanee View Post
    but the ending got to me a little, thanks to the emotions the voice actors portrayed.
    They did such a great job (they usually do but this was among the better scenes imo).

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jaman Jama

You guys are tripping harder than EVER
    The animation was AWESOME 5/5
    In rare cases like this I do like flashbacks cause i aint remember jack ish from naruto season 1

The Emotional stuff... Hmm. Well They couldve used a different soundtrack. More crying and yelling. More anger blah blah
    so on the emotional stuff. Ill give it a 3/5

I dont see how you guys can say the manga have u feeling a certain way
    cause it damn sure dont for me

Anime Episodes That Made me Cry was (In the anime not manga)

-Lee was sad he couldnt fight no more... And he started crying. **** got me man
    -When Minato Saved Kushina.. and he said his words I was like,,, OH SHIYIT!
    and Best of all is....
    -Killer Bee Rap to Motoi.. Boy! Now talk about CRYING!. My eyes was full
    "Bee San.. Why did you save me"
    "Hm"
    "That day.. You knew didnt you.. I was trying to kill you"
    "Hm? is that what happen? all i saw was Bee and Motoi .... (Goes into rap"

NOW THAT Had me tearing up. I WAS LIKE DAMN BEE!! U got me all teary eyed

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meow meow meow

Quote Originally Posted by Téno View Post
    "Hm"

I have actually wetness in the corner of my eyes now while thinking back about it. Damm that was epic. Gonna look that part up right now.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by meowNverse View Post
    Do you know what sounded so beautiful?

Mirror 2, starting at 20:50
    ''You surpassed me long ago''
    and than the best part
    ''I leave the village to you Gaara!!''
    Especially the way he said Gaara's name at the end, like with his last breath, choking in his pride for his son, the thanks he got in the end and all the emotions of regret.
    (thats what it sounded like).
    Japanese is such a beautiful language or maybe its just japanese actors in some animes I watched.
    I am not totally sure.
    It just feels so much more full of emotion than for example english imo.

Indeed.
    I am going to agree with you completely. I just loved that episode, it made me so sad I felt I was going to cry. I read that chapter before so I have been waiting for this episode and I was not disappointed. I even liked the flashbacks it was just a good touch. The ending of the episode was just so sweet it was a good for Gaara to have that talk with his father that his mother did love him and also his father loved Gaara and he was proud of him becoming the Kage and taking care of the village. 5/5

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanee View Post
    3/5 for me, but it was still pretty good. It played out exactly like the manga which was pleasing, but reading it for the first time was more emotional to me than watching what I was already expecting. I didn't find the flashbacks overly emotional either but the ending got to me a little, thanks to the emotions the voice actors portrayed that could only be imagined in my head when reading the chapter.

Same thing with me, I found it more emotional when I read it the first time but yh it was still a good and needed episode, can't wait for next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Téno View Post
    You guys are tripping harder than EVER
    The animation was AWESOME 5/5
    In rare cases like this I do like flashbacks cause i aint remember jack ish from naruto season 1

The Emotional stuff... Hmm. Well They couldve used a different soundtrack. More crying and yelling. More anger blah blah
    so on the emotional stuff. Ill give it a 3/5

I dont see how you guys can say the manga have u feeling a certain way
    cause it damn sure dont for me

Anime Episodes That Made me Cry was (In the anime not manga)

-Lee was sad he couldnt fight no more... And he started crying. **** got me man
    -When Minato Saved Kushina.. and he said his words I was like,,, OH SHIYIT!
    and Best of all is....
    "Hm"

Yh the animation was great, epically when you download it in either 720p or 1080p from base, that gives the best quality

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Let he that would move
    the world first move
    himself."
    Socrates

5/5
    I'm definitely biased, seeing as I'm a Gaara fan anyway, but nonetheless I feel the adaptation from the manga was pretty close to being spot on, minus the daytime/night inconsistency discussed above.

I agree with the fact that the soundtrack during the touching/feely parts could have been better. There are very few that rival the soundtrack utilized in the first few seasons of Naruto in order to provoke a teary-eyed effect.
    I believe the episode would've been far more moving for me if I hadn't read the manga chapters corresponding to this episode and if I hadn't been surrounded by others who would have undoubtedly noticed me reacting emotionally to fiction.

I couldn't help but pause the video to laugh for a minute or two when I witnessed a father saying the following to his son:

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the episode. In order to acquire the full effect, I'll watch it again tonight before I fall asleep.