• 2*

4 5.80%
  • 1*

4 5.80%
Page 3 of 3 « First 123
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Nothing much.

Re: Naruto Shippuden Episode 297 "A Father's Hope, A Mother's Love" – Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by The Hidden Shinobi View Post
    Best fight till madara arrives
    I can't wait till Madara vs the Kages!

Status
    Aug 2012
    Meow meow meow

Re: Naruto Shippuden Episode 297 "A Father's Hope, A Mother's Love" – Discussion

Do you know what sounded so beautiful?

Mirror 2, starting at 20:50
    ''You surpassed me long ago''
    and than the best part
    ''I leave the village to you Gaara!!''
    Especially the way he said Gaara's name at the end, like with his last breath, choking in his pride for his son, the thanks he got in the end and all the emotions of regret.
    (thats what it sounded like).
    Japanese is such a beautiful language or maybe its just japanese actors in some animes I watched.
    I am not totally sure.
    It just feels so much more full of emotion than for example english imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatte View Post
    I can't wait till Madara vs the Kages!
    Indeed.

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

This chapter has confirmed that Gaara is my favourite Naruto character

Status
    This user has no status.

3/5 for me, but it was still pretty good. It played out exactly like the manga which was pleasing, but reading it for the first time was more emotional to me than watching what I was already expecting. I didn't find the flashbacks overly emotional either but the ending got to me a little, thanks to the emotions the voice actors portrayed that could only be imagined in my head when reading the chapter.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Meow meow meow

Quote Originally Posted by Melanee View Post
    but the ending got to me a little, thanks to the emotions the voice actors portrayed.
    They did such a great job (they usually do but this was among the better scenes imo).

Status
    Jul 2011
    Jaman Jama

You guys are tripping harder than EVER
    The animation was AWESOME 5/5
    In rare cases like this I do like flashbacks cause i aint remember jack ish from naruto season 1

The Emotional stuff... Hmm. Well They couldve used a different soundtrack. More crying and yelling. More anger blah blah
    so on the emotional stuff. Ill give it a 3/5

I dont see how you guys can say the manga have u feeling a certain way
    cause it damn sure dont for me

Anime Episodes That Made me Cry was (In the anime not manga)

-Lee was sad he couldnt fight no more... And he started crying. **** got me man
    -When Minato Saved Kushina.. and he said his words I was like,,, OH SHIYIT!
    and Best of all is....
    -Killer Bee Rap to Motoi.. Boy! Now talk about CRYING!. My eyes was full
    "Bee San.. Why did you save me"
    "Hm"
    "That day.. You knew didnt you.. I was trying to kill you"
    "Hm? is that what happen? all i saw was Bee and Motoi .... (Goes into rap"

NOW THAT Had me tearing up. I WAS LIKE DAMN BEE!! U got me all teary eyed

Status
    Aug 2012
    Meow meow meow

Quote Originally Posted by Téno View Post
    "Hm"

I have actually wetness in the corner of my eyes now while thinking back about it. Damm that was epic. Gonna look that part up right now.

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by meowNverse View Post
    Do you know what sounded so beautiful?

Mirror 2, starting at 20:50
    ''You surpassed me long ago''
    and than the best part
    ''I leave the village to you Gaara!!''
    Especially the way he said Gaara's name at the end, like with his last breath, choking in his pride for his son, the thanks he got in the end and all the emotions of regret.
    (thats what it sounded like).
    Japanese is such a beautiful language or maybe its just japanese actors in some animes I watched.
    I am not totally sure.
    It just feels so much more full of emotion than for example english imo.

Indeed.
    I am going to agree with you completely. I just loved that episode, it made me so sad I felt I was going to cry. I read that chapter before so I have been waiting for this episode and I was not disappointed. I even liked the flashbacks it was just a good touch. The ending of the episode was just so sweet it was a good for Gaara to have that talk with his father that his mother did love him and also his father loved Gaara and he was proud of him becoming the Kage and taking care of the village. 5/5

Trafalgar Law. The Hidden Shinobi's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Let's Dance!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanee View Post
    3/5 for me, but it was still pretty good. It played out exactly like the manga which was pleasing, but reading it for the first time was more emotional to me than watching what I was already expecting. I didn't find the flashbacks overly emotional either but the ending got to me a little, thanks to the emotions the voice actors portrayed that could only be imagined in my head when reading the chapter.

Same thing with me, I found it more emotional when I read it the first time but yh it was still a good and needed episode, can't wait for next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Téno View Post
    You guys are tripping harder than EVER
    The animation was AWESOME 5/5
    In rare cases like this I do like flashbacks cause i aint remember jack ish from naruto season 1

The Emotional stuff... Hmm. Well They couldve used a different soundtrack. More crying and yelling. More anger blah blah
    so on the emotional stuff. Ill give it a 3/5

I dont see how you guys can say the manga have u feeling a certain way
    cause it damn sure dont for me

Anime Episodes That Made me Cry was (In the anime not manga)

-Lee was sad he couldnt fight no more... And he started crying. **** got me man
    -When Minato Saved Kushina.. and he said his words I was like,,, OH SHIYIT!
    and Best of all is....
    "Hm"

Yh the animation was great, epically when you download it in either 720p or 1080p from base, that gives the best quality

Status
    Jan 2013
    "Let he that would move
    the world first move
    himself."
    Socrates

5/5
    I'm definitely biased, seeing as I'm a Gaara fan anyway, but nonetheless I feel the adaptation from the manga was pretty close to being spot on, minus the daytime/night inconsistency discussed above.

I agree with the fact that the soundtrack during the touching/feely parts could have been better. There are very few that rival the soundtrack utilized in the first few seasons of Naruto in order to provoke a teary-eyed effect.
    I believe the episode would've been far more moving for me if I hadn't read the manga chapters corresponding to this episode and if I hadn't been surrounded by others who would have undoubtedly noticed me reacting emotionally to fiction.

I couldn't help but pause the video to laugh for a minute or two when I witnessed a father saying the following to his son:

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the episode. In order to acquire the full effect, I'll watch it again tonight before I fall asleep.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Don't know

when will Sasuke come back

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hidden Shinobi View Post
    Same thing with me, I found it more emotional when I read it the first time but yh it was still a good and needed episode, can't wait for next week!
    Doubt I will be able to say the same for more recent events I will not spoil here (but you probably know what I mean). When that's animated I will be emotional whether I like it or not. lol

Yes, next week's is going to be awesome!

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

3/5 i thought the episode was good but not happy with the way it was delivered. this fight is a perfect example of how the show has stepped down from part 1. They just threw in a crapload of flashbacks and had almost no fighting, then Gaara won. This episode could have been spread out over 3-4 episodes with more fighting and with the flashbacks more dispersed. Very annoying, because this could have been really great if they let it. The emotional AND fight scenes were better. Compare this fight to Gaara vs Naruto, Gaara vs Sasuke, or Gaara vs Lee. Gaara fights are usually very good action wise and emotion wise, but this one sucked. Kishi basically just said lets go with the Part 2 rules where no fight matters unless it involves Naruto.

Last edited by GiantShuriken; 01-25-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Lord Itachi's follower Cromatic's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Feel The Wrath

I can give it 4/5........ It really made me cry like it did when i read the manga of this episode. But, i wished to see more fight from Gaara's Father......... Just to have an idea how strong he was and how he handled whole Sand village as 4th Kazekage .....Overall, i loved it.......Can't wait for the next episode... Naruto making epic appearance on the battlefields........That would be cool

Last edited by Cromatic; 01-25-2013 at 03:00 AM.

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

This was actually one of the more emotional scenes to me in the series. The manga chapters of this piece of the war were like "meh" but as this episode really went on, I got more and more involved. When Gaara was talking to Yashamaru and crying his eyes out while Yashi was telling him that he was never loved....I just wanted to pause the scene, reach out and give Gaara a hug. The dad seemed apathetic at the beginning of the episode, but towards the end, even he made the scene better. "The only thing as a father I gave you..... was a broken heart". *sob* Very nicely handled. The only part I didn't like was how "boring" the Mizukage is. He's a lot funnier in the manga, but in here he just seems like he just woke up.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Hell Good!!!

I LOVE NARUTO!!!!!
    again a 5 star episode...kishi really knows how to get to your heart...i cried at this episode....

Page 3 of 3 « First 123