Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. #21
    Member
    Status
    Iruka is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    609
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Ah, someone has posted...

    It is a bit difficult to put exact numbers on things, plus you always get that granny that's a hundred years old she's been smoking 3 packs a day since she was fifteen. That broad will pop out on you if you're not careful. I can't get cancer though...I won't go to a doctor so it will never be diagnosed as cancer and therefore never proven as such...so I can't die of cancer. O_o I'm not joking though. ^_^

    Alright...( -_-) I know it's bad...I'll never smoke more than 2 packs a week though, whenever I have too many in a day it messes with my throat so I keep it under a certain number anyway. Wait...that sounds like some old man's reason...I'm not that old yet...:faust:
    I think you've partially answered your own question. Obviously limiting yourself to 1-2 packs a week instead of 1-2 packs a day is a significantly healthier option but that doesn't stop it from being unhealthy in general. You said you suffer from throat problems when you have too many in a short period of time. Even if you only smoke five cigarettes a day you will still be doing damage to yourself, just not enough to cause immediate discomfort. That doesn't mean it won't compound and end up biting you in the ass.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2big View Post
    OK i have alot of experiences with this crap and most of these people have no idea what they are talking about. That being said 1-2 packs a week almost makes me think you just started but if that is really all you smoke u will be fine i garentee it. The people that have a problem are the ones that smoke 1-2 packs a day and have done it for 40 YEARS... so u will be fine just know that once you been smoking for a couple months you cant quit trust me its a fukking ***** but smoke some cannibis because it has been shown to reverse the process of tobacco products and i reccomend marlboro reds
    It's irresponsible to guarantee someone's health when discussing their smoking habits. Could you perhaps provide a source for your claim that cannabis reverses the effects of cigarettes? Such a discovery would surely be big news.
     
         

  2. #22
    K ∀ R N E V A L d0kid0ki's Avatar
    Status
    d0kid0ki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    407
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    Ah, someone has posted...

    It is a bit difficult to put exact numbers on things, plus you always get that granny that's a hundred years old she's been smoking 3 packs a day since she was fifteen. That broad will pop out on you if you're not careful. I can't get cancer though...I won't go to a doctor so it will never be diagnosed as cancer and therefore never proven as such...so I can't die of cancer. O_o I'm not joking though. ^_^

    Alright...( -_-) I know it's bad...I'll never smoke more than 2 packs a week though, whenever I have too many in a day it messes with my throat so I keep it under a certain number anyway. Wait...that sounds like some old man's reason...I'm not that old yet...:faust:
    Gotta love that granny.
    And it's good to limit yourself. Awesome that your body doesn't scream at you to smoke more than that or you have really good control!
    , how old are you?
     
         

  3. #23
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,022
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2big View Post
    OK i have alot of experiences with this crap and most of these people have no idea what they are talking about. That being said 1-2 packs a week almost makes me think you just started but if that is really all you smoke u will be fine i garentee it. The people that have a problem are the ones that smoke 1-2 packs a day and have done it for 40 YEARS... so u will be fine just know that once you been smoking for a couple months you cant quit trust me its a fukking ***** but smoke some cannibis because it has been shown to reverse the process of tobacco products and i reccomend marlboro reds
    We have a winner! You had me at "crap" in the first sentence. I'm not sure about ganja reversing tobacco, but I've heard that it's not possible to get cancer if you use weed on a daily basis.

    Quote Originally Posted by Space Cowboy View Post
    Id just stick to the Mary J if i was you.
    That's just the thing, after smokin' of da' herb it makes me want a cig. O_o
     
         

  4. #24
    Senior Member jonsnow1991's Avatar
    Status
    jonsnow1991 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,256
    Location
    Lillehammer
    Hmmm...
     

    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    My mother has been smoking since she was 14, now she's 58, and she doesn't have cancer or anything, just a cough. A friend of mine has smoked since she was 15 I believe, she's 22 now and has the same cough. It affects people differently, but either way, it's bad for you
     
         

  5. #25
    (Insert douchey kanji) Space Cowboy's Avatar
    Status
    Space Cowboy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,910
    Location
    Chantilly VA
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post


    That's just the thing, after smokin' of da' herb it makes me want a cig. O_o
    Yeah i actually have friends who say the same thing. I wouldnt know because ive never tried cigarettes. I just never saw the point in them personally.
     
         

  6. #26
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,022
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow1991 View Post
    My mother has been smoking since she was 14, now she's 58, and she doesn't have cancer or anything, just a cough. A friend of mine has smoked since she was 15 I believe, she's 22 now and has the same cough. It affects people differently, but either way, it's bad for you
    ...so you can see why I'm thinking about this... O_o

    Quote Originally Posted by Space Cowboy View Post
    Yeah i actually have friends who say the same thing. I wouldnt know because ive never tried cigarettes. I just never saw the point in them personally.
    Honestly, it's not really that awesome or anything. I do have to say that in stressful situations they at least seem to do a lot for ya' though. I actually smoke them these days mostly because it's a way to escape in some manner, I'm doing more things at once to occupy my mind so I'm not thinking about what I have to do next before I actually have to do it. >.> It's not a real excuse, but it's the one that's working on my mind right now, next week I'll trick it with some theory about how it's healthy in small doses or something like that.

    Edit: Germanicus? Watcha' doin' there, boy? Speak up there, sonny... :faust:
     
         
    Last edited by Shinobi Train; 01-25-2013 at 07:12 AM.

  7. #27
    Member Putokage's Avatar
    Status
    Putokage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    546
    Location
    los angeles
    Naruto, One Piece, Samurai
    Champloo, Gurren Lagann, Game
    of Thrones, Vikings!
     

    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    it's not the 1-2 packs that kill you. its the momentum of going to that next pack per week...then per day. it's better to not start.

    i have 4 older brothers, they all smoke and their breathing is **** now. they get cold easily and angry fast if they haven't had a smoke every 15 mins-20mins.

    they all tell me it's stupid. a drain on cash/ time/ health. ---its just retarded. don't start.
     
         

  8. #28
    White nostril 2big's Avatar
    Status
    2big is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,762
    Lurking under a bridge to
    launch my attack
     

    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    I think you've partially answered your own question. Obviously limiting yourself to 1-2 packs a week instead of 1-2 packs a day is a significantly healthier option but that doesn't stop it from being unhealthy in general. You said you suffer from throat problems when you have too many in a short period of time. Even if you only smoke five cigarettes a day you will still be doing damage to yourself, just not enough to cause immediate discomfort. That doesn't mean it won't compound and end up biting you in the ass.



    It's irresponsible to guarantee someone's health when discussing their smoking habits. Could you perhaps provide a source for your claim that cannabis reverses the effects of cigarettes? Such a discovery would surely be big news.
    http://www.dailypaul.com/236410/cann...an-non-smokers

    SUCK IT BIITTCH
     
         

  9. #29
    The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Shinobi Train is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,022
    Location
    Inside your head...
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>
     



    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Putokage View Post
    it's not the 1-2 packs that kill you. its the momentum of going to that next pack per week...then per day. it's better to not start.

    i have 4 older brothers, they all smoke and their breathing is **** now. they get cold easily and angry fast if they haven't had a smoke every 15 mins-20mins.

    they all tell me it's stupid. a drain on cash/ time/ health. ---its just retarded. don't start.
    Actually, it's been 4-5 years and I haven't progressed past 2 packs a week, so the danger of increasing is very low at best. ^_^
     
         

  10. #30
    Senior Member AirWind's Avatar
    Status
    AirWind is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,316
    Location
    WoodNoha
    Malaysian Pride!
     

    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    yeah it is bad tho i enjoy it pretty much.
     
         

  11. #31
    Senior Member Jigson's Avatar
    Status
    Jigson is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,511
    Location
    Netherlands, Noord-Brabant
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    I have been second hand smoking for all my life lol.
     
         

  12. #32
    Senior Member Stencil's Avatar
    Status
    Stencil is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    5,538
    Location
    Den Haag
    Been quite inactive...
     



    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2big View Post
    OK i have alot of experiences with this crap and most of these people have no idea what they are talking about. That being said 1-2 packs a week almost makes me think you just started but if that is really all you smoke u will be fine i garentee it. The people that have a problem are the ones that smoke 1-2 packs a day and have done it for 40 YEARS... so u will be fine just know that once you been smoking for a couple months you cant quit trust me its a fukking ***** but smoke some cannibis because it has been shown to reverse the process of tobacco products and i reccomend marlboro reds
    Marlboro reds are ****ing horrible >_>
     
         

  13. #33
    Senior Member ~WastelandSociety~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~WastelandSociety~ is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,483
    Location
    Greece
    War. War Never Changes
     

    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Space Cowboy View Post
    Id just stick to the Mary J if i was you.

    That isn't good for your lungs either,your lungs isn't made to inhale smoke over and over again. If you keep smoking,the tar builds up in your lungs which causes your lungs to become damaged,which is how cancer cells start if your body isn't able to repair the damage cell and the cell DNA still causes it to multiply.

    Maybe if you use a vaporizer,it might take the harmful tar effect away. Just like people are smoking e-cigs cause of the vaporized nicotine.


    But I recommend quitting smoking all together. Used to be a smoker myself.
     
         

  14. #34
    Senior Member narutokage99's Avatar
    Status
    narutokage99 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,574
    Location
    |¯x¯|
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    Cigarettes is like suicide.Jumping from a building will kill you faster, smoking a lot will kill you slower, smoking a bit will kill you even more slower.
     
         
    Last edited by narutokage99; 01-25-2013 at 07:57 PM.

  15. #35
    I Am Wumbo. Wumbo's Avatar
    Status
    Wumbo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    618
    Squizing my Nipples.
     

    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    I've been smoking for nearly 6 years and I haven't experienced any problems at all, I personally think that the really downside of smoking is the amount it costs. I'm actually considering stopping because of that reason.
     
         

  16. #36
    Member
    Status
    Iruka is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    609
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2big View Post
    You seem to have missed the point. You claimed that smoking cannabis reverses the negative effects of tobacco/cigarettes when it doesn't. That article* says that smoking cannabis increases lung capacity - meaning you can inhale larger volumes of air I assume. Tobacco doesn't directly decrease your lung capacity, it damages tissue and causes congestion which inhibits alveoli. If you've smoked cigarettes to the point where you have difficulty breathing then smoking cannabis won't repair the damage, just mask it by inhaling more air to counter the reduced efficiency. The article even says at the end that people who smoke both cigarettes and cannabis are no lower in cancer rates than those who smoke cigarettes alone so citing that as evidence that it removes lung cancer caused by cigarettes is again stretching it.

    *Also don't even get me started on that natural news site. The most popular article when I checked was "Study accidentally exposes chemotherapy as fraud - tumors grow faster after chemo!". That and the related article "Palin takes bong hits 4 Jesus. 8/19/08".

    Also I was most displeased to check my emails today and be greeted with a NB notification "ahahahahah suck it". If you wanted to show me the link, just send it with an explanation rather than an attack.
     
         

  17. #37
    Imitation Crime~ Ashflura's Avatar
    Status
    Ashflura is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    765
    Location
    Australia
    Secret Rendezvous
     

    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    Are the effects of smoking really lost on everyone?
    All I gotta do is take one whif of some smoker passing by and walk in the other direction. I'm glad my dad is such an anti-smoker. Smoking was the cause of two of my uncle's painful deaths. A cousin's lost eye. And my grandma's amputated leg. A few of my siblings smoke and won't quit. (they've tried to, but can't keep it away) My brother smoked for about two years until he started coughing out blood, and decided that was it.

    You know they say you shouldn't stand behind a car, because all those fumes go into your body, well imagine that plus a tonne of other crap going down your system. Your lungs get the worst end of it. When they start to turn black, your body is unable to produce as much oxygen as needed. Your heart has to pump more to send the same amount of blood around, your reactions slow down, as well as your endurance. Two flights of stairs becomes difficult to climb. Your teeth and nails burn and change to yellow at the sight. Everything in your body with veins will fill an effect whenever its your time. You can go blind, damage your vocal chords, have organs fail on you. You won't automatically die, but you will be leading yourself to a slowly and painful death. Don't let a few peoples' lucky streaks let you continue smoking. Cause I guarantee their insides are pulling their last few strings in blackness.
     
         

  18. #38
    CR7 Fair Warning's Avatar
    Status
    Fair Warning is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,418
    Location
    Minnesota
    ****ing high
     

    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    You will bascially die, and its proven to take ten years of your life away
     
         

  19. #39
    (Insert douchey kanji) Space Cowboy's Avatar
    Status
    Space Cowboy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,910
    Location
    Chantilly VA
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    Quote Originally Posted by ~WastelandSociety~ View Post
    That isn't good for your lungs either,your lungs isn't made to inhale smoke over and over again. If you keep smoking,the tar builds up in your lungs which causes your lungs to become damaged,which is how cancer cells start if your body isn't able to repair the damage cell and the cell DNA still causes it to multiply.

    Maybe if you use a vaporizer,it might take the harmful tar effect away. Just like people are smoking e-cigs cause of the vaporized nicotine.


    But I recommend quitting smoking all together. Used to be a smoker myself.
    Good points. But MOST marijuana smokers arent smoking as much as two packs a days worth of cigarettes.
     
         

  20. #40
    Senior Member ~WastelandSociety~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~WastelandSociety~ is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,483
    Location
    Greece
    War. War Never Changes
     

    Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Space Cowboy View Post
    Good points. But MOST marijuana smokers arent smoking as much as two packs a days worth of cigarettes.
    Yet some do.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •