The Devil's Advocate Shinobi Train's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Re: Exactly how bad are cigarettes?

Quote Originally Posted by jonsnow1991 View Post
    My mother has been smoking since she was 14, now she's 58, and she doesn't have cancer or anything, just a cough. A friend of mine has smoked since she was 15 I believe, she's 22 now and has the same cough. It affects people differently, but either way, it's bad for you
    ...so you can see why I'm thinking about this... O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Space Cowboy View Post
    Yeah i actually have friends who say the same thing. I wouldnt know because ive never tried cigarettes. I just never saw the point in them personally.
    Honestly, it's not really that awesome or anything. I do have to say that in stressful situations they at least seem to do a lot for ya' though. I actually smoke them these days mostly because it's a way to escape in some manner, I'm doing more things at once to occupy my mind so I'm not thinking about what I have to do next before I actually have to do it. >.> It's not a real excuse, but it's the one that's working on my mind right now, next week I'll trick it with some theory about how it's healthy in small doses or something like that.

Edit: Germanicus? Watcha' doin' there, boy? Speak up there, sonny... :faust:

Last edited by Shinobi Train; 01-25-2013 at 06:12 AM.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Naruto, One Piece, Samurai
    Champloo, Gurren Lagann, Game
    of Thrones, Vikings!

it's not the 1-2 packs that kill you. its the momentum of going to that next pack per week...then per day. it's better to not start.

i have 4 older brothers, they all smoke and their breathing is **** now. they get cold easily and angry fast if they haven't had a smoke every 15 mins-20mins.

they all tell me it's stupid. a drain on cash/ time/ health. ---its just retarded. don't start.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lurking under a bridge to
    launch my attack

Quote Originally Posted by Iruka View Post
    I think you've partially answered your own question. Obviously limiting yourself to 1-2 packs a week instead of 1-2 packs a day is a significantly healthier option but that doesn't stop it from being unhealthy in general. You said you suffer from throat problems when you have too many in a short period of time. Even if you only smoke five cigarettes a day you will still be doing damage to yourself, just not enough to cause immediate discomfort. That doesn't mean it won't compound and end up biting you in the ass.

It's irresponsible to guarantee someone's health when discussing their smoking habits. Could you perhaps provide a source for your claim that cannabis reverses the effects of cigarettes? Such a discovery would surely be big news.
    http://www.dailypaul.com/236410/cann...an-non-smokers

SUCK IT BIITTCH

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Quote Originally Posted by Putokage View Post
    it's not the 1-2 packs that kill you. its the momentum of going to that next pack per week...then per day. it's better to not start.

i have 4 older brothers, they all smoke and their breathing is **** now. they get cold easily and angry fast if they haven't had a smoke every 15 mins-20mins.

they all tell me it's stupid. a drain on cash/ time/ health. ---its just retarded. don't start.
    Actually, it's been 4-5 years and I haven't progressed past 2 packs a week, so the danger of increasing is very low at best. ^_^

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Malaysian Pride!

yeah it is bad tho i enjoy it pretty much.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Killed Mood.

I have been second hand smoking for all my life lol.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been quite inactive...

Quote Originally Posted by 2big View Post
    OK i have alot of experiences with this crap and most of these people have no idea what they are talking about. That being said 1-2 packs a week almost makes me think you just started but if that is really all you smoke u will be fine i garentee it. The people that have a problem are the ones that smoke 1-2 packs a day and have done it for 40 YEARS... so u will be fine just know that once you been smoking for a couple months you cant quit trust me its a fukking ***** but smoke some cannibis because it has been shown to reverse the process of tobacco products and i reccomend marlboro reds
    Marlboro reds are ****ing horrible >_>

Senior Member ~WastelandSociety~'s Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    War. War Never Changes

Id just stick to the Mary J if i was you.

That isn't good for your lungs either,your lungs isn't made to inhale smoke over and over again. If you keep smoking,the tar builds up in your lungs which causes your lungs to become damaged,which is how cancer cells start if your body isn't able to repair the damage cell and the cell DNA still causes it to multiply.

Maybe if you use a vaporizer,it might take the harmful tar effect away. Just like people are smoking e-cigs cause of the vaporized nicotine.

But I recommend quitting smoking all together. Used to be a smoker myself.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Cigarettes is like suicide.Jumping from a building will kill you faster, smoking a lot will kill you slower, smoking a bit will kill you even more slower.

Last edited by narutokage99; 01-25-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Squizing my Nipples.

I've been smoking for nearly 6 years and I haven't experienced any problems at all, I personally think that the really downside of smoking is the amount it costs. I'm actually considering stopping because of that reason.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by 2big View Post
    You seem to have missed the point. You claimed that smoking cannabis reverses the negative effects of tobacco/cigarettes when it doesn't. That article* says that smoking cannabis increases lung capacity - meaning you can inhale larger volumes of air I assume. Tobacco doesn't directly decrease your lung capacity, it damages tissue and causes congestion which inhibits alveoli. If you've smoked cigarettes to the point where you have difficulty breathing then smoking cannabis won't repair the damage, just mask it by inhaling more air to counter the reduced efficiency. The article even says at the end that people who smoke both cigarettes and cannabis are no lower in cancer rates than those who smoke cigarettes alone so citing that as evidence that it removes lung cancer caused by cigarettes is again stretching it.

*Also don't even get me started on that natural news site. The most popular article when I checked was "Study accidentally exposes chemotherapy as fraud - tumors grow faster after chemo!". That and the related article "Palin takes bong hits 4 Jesus. 8/19/08".

Also I was most displeased to check my emails today and be greeted with a NB notification "ahahahahah suck it". If you wanted to show me the link, just send it with an explanation rather than an attack.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Secret Rendezvous

Are the effects of smoking really lost on everyone?
    All I gotta do is take one whif of some smoker passing by and walk in the other direction. I'm glad my dad is such an anti-smoker. Smoking was the cause of two of my uncle's painful deaths. A cousin's lost eye. And my grandma's amputated leg. A few of my siblings smoke and won't quit. (they've tried to, but can't keep it away) My brother smoked for about two years until he started coughing out blood, and decided that was it.

You know they say you shouldn't stand behind a car, because all those fumes go into your body, well imagine that plus a tonne of other crap going down your system. Your lungs get the worst end of it. When they start to turn black, your body is unable to produce as much oxygen as needed. Your heart has to pump more to send the same amount of blood around, your reactions slow down, as well as your endurance. Two flights of stairs becomes difficult to climb. Your teeth and nails burn and change to yellow at the sight. Everything in your body with veins will fill an effect whenever its your time. You can go blind, damage your vocal chords, have organs fail on you. You won't automatically die, but you will be leading yourself to a slowly and painful death. Don't let a few peoples' lucky streaks let you continue smoking. Cause I guarantee their insides are pulling their last few strings in blackness.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rico story

You will bascially die, and its proven to take ten years of your life away

(Insert douchey kanji) Space Cowboy's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wishing NB's community was
    more like reddit's

Quote Originally Posted by ~WastelandSociety~ View Post
    That isn't good for your lungs either,your lungs isn't made to inhale smoke over and over again. If you keep smoking,the tar builds up in your lungs which causes your lungs to become damaged,which is how cancer cells start if your body isn't able to repair the damage cell and the cell DNA still causes it to multiply.

Maybe if you use a vaporizer,it might take the harmful tar effect away. Just like people are smoking e-cigs cause of the vaporized nicotine.

But I recommend quitting smoking all together. Used to be a smoker myself.
    Good points. But MOST marijuana smokers arent smoking as much as two packs a days worth of cigarettes.

Senior Member ~WastelandSociety~'s Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    War. War Never Changes

Good points. But MOST marijuana smokers arent smoking as much as two packs a days worth of cigarettes.
    Yet some do.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smacking b*tch
    nigga's...>.>

Quote Originally Posted by ~WastelandSociety~ View Post
    Yet some do.
    Ummm...that would be like an ounce or two...O_o Sure, my brother used to smoke half an ounce a day at one point, but he had trouble doing it. Small joints take a lot of weed, a cigarette sized J would be like three or four regular joints. Yes, I have smoked a few that big before, and it's absolutely ridiculous, you can barely get through it by yourself and with two people it's still hard. I would like to meet this person that smokes as much as you say and give them a medal.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    U know the Rama's bring the
    drama

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi Train View Post
    ...and no one actually posts a legitimate response...I must have forgotten I was on a forum...

Yes, but how quickly will two packs a week get you there?

it depends, some ppl smoke all their lives and still make it to old age, some ppl never touch them and get lung cancer from second hand, genetic disposition plays a huge factor, but honestly there are too many variables to give an absolute answer.

Banned
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO

Quote Originally Posted by Wumbo View Post
    I've been smoking for nearly 6 years and I haven't experienced any problems at all, I personally think that the really downside of smoking is the amount it costs. I'm actually considering stopping because of that reason.
    It'll come back to haunt you someday

OT: Exactly how bad is it? 32 bads

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lurking under a bridge to
    launch my attack

sombody is butthurt ahahahahaha

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    fuk the police!

cigarettes are actually good for the world it kills a lot of the idiots who live in it

Page 2 of 2 « First 12