Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Into anime

Similarities between Bleach & Yu Yu Hakusho..

I'm pretty new to Bleach so I'm not too far in the anime. I'm up to episode 60 but I did skip a lot of the boring episodes. I don't know if it's just me or if everyone thiks this too, but I think Yu Yu Hakusho and Bleach have some episodes that are similar. Today I watched Bleach, it was the one with the 3 Modsouls and when they finally took Kon with them on something. In Bleach, Urahara made 3 modsouls teach Ichigo, his team and Renji a lesson by setting them up to solve the problem because the modsouls kidnap Horihime. In Yu Yu Hakusho they do something very similar and they kidnap Kuwabara. Then in both anime, they have someone transform into Horihime and Kuwabara, then they have to guess who the fake one is. In the end, they find out who it is, then Urahara and Genkai tells them that they did it to teach them a lesson.

Another similarity is that they both use SPIRITUAL energy, how weird....

Now I think that is just weird... Do you guys think one of them stole the idea from the other? Or do you think it was just a councidence? Tell me what you think!

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    月牙天衝

Re: Similarities between Bleach & Yu Yu Hakusho..

nahh kubo won't copy other anime's, clearly must have been a councidence.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meh

First , you're kind stupid for ignoring the episodes who kidnapped orihemi are ESPADA

so when one get kidnapped the full show should be like the animed you watched?.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Into anime

Quote Originally Posted by Braveknight View Post
    First , you're kind stupid for ignoring the episodes who kidnapped orihemi are ESPADA

so when one get kidnapped the full show should be like the animed you watched?.
    That doesn't make much sense what you typed... And I did watch that episode, if I didn't then how the hell would I know what hapepned!?

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Into anime

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Trickster View Post
    Spiritual energy is an extremely common factor in fantasy anime. Not weird at all.

Also, that occurrence which you are talking about is filler. It's not canon. The three Modsouls are anime-only characters. Perhaps the anime team took some inspiration from Yu Yu Hakusho, but Bleach of itself does not.
    Really? Well I guess the anime with spiritual energy are anime I don't watch.
    Oh, I didn't know it was a filler... Well thanks..

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well the stuff you listed seems kinda general Shounenish, and yeah the whole Mod Soul thing was filler.

There ARE a lot of similarities between it though. The whole Spirit Detective/Soul Reaper circumstances are very comparable, and in particular Yusuke and Ichigo are very similar protagonists, particularly in the outset but this does carry over a bit as things go on, just not as much. The setting itself is pretty similar for at least the early portions of the two series. Overall I'd say Yu Yu Hakusho is a MUCH better series though. Soul Society arc was easily comparable to YYH quality but everything after that descended into mindless action while Yu Yu Hakusho delved further into the psychology behind the whole Spirit Detective developments and such while Ichigo's character development pretty much stopped.