Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reluctantly Approved by NB

Kakashi's magic vest!

I'm curious to see what folks thoughts are regarding this item, but before doing so let me make one thing clear. I am not trying to point out errors or plotholes. In fact, I hope to show that the way in which this is occurring is not an accident or oversight by Kishimoto, but a large part of the story to be revealed later.

Here in 608 we have Kakashi's vest being slashed with an X across the front. It's kinda obvious, X marks the spot. It's huge and hard to miss.

The mark is in the subsequent panes for 608. Then in 609 we get a look at it and it's gone. It's gone in every subsequent panel for 609.

Now in 610 and, hey it's back again. No really clear shots of the front for the remainder of 610.

Now 611, and you guessed it, it's gone again. It remains gone in subsequent panels.

Now 612 and it actually is still missing. Not a lot of panels with Kakashi in this one but it is gone througout.

In 613 it is still missing and continues to be missed in subsequent panels.

In 614 it is still missing and you think well Kishimoto must have just forgotten about it at this point.

615 still missing.

616 still missing and it appears that Kishimoto is done drawing the X, and really why should he since it bears no significance to the story, right?

617 Wrong...

Any thoughts or theories? Clearly intentional and not an oversight IMO.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "A scared world needs a
    Fearless Church"

Re: Kakashi's magic vest!

hahaha thats weird! :D good catch!

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    --
    http://www.furaffinity.net/gal
    lery/foxamoore/ --

*Magic*

nice find

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always keep it 100

Kishi smokes pot, what can we do? But nice find man.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

probably an oversight. or maybe X marks the original and the other one is a clone which kakashi has made for some reason, although why kakashi would keep switching with it i've no idea :D

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

:o I would have never catched that great find.... excellent observation:D

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think it's an error and someone must have pointed it out to him and he attempted to fix it.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad is the new good

:shrug:
    Nice catch

Scavenger of humans sorrow phantomlord22's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big words, small mind Behind
    the pain you will find A
    scavenger of human sorrow

nice job man !
    great

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meow meow meow

There is a good reason for the x missing.
    Didnt you know?

They shot the scenes with Kakashi's jacket getting slashed and at the end of the day, Kakashi the actor , went back to his home.

He forgot to bring the slashed jacket with him the next day, when they shot scenes a few time
    and everytime he had a different excuse. The director was furious.

In 617 the director said ''no more excuses Kakashi, bring that x slashed jacket with you and wear it!''.
    So in 617 Kakashi was wearing it again. They hoped noone would notice. True story.

Senior Member Ero sennin jiraiya's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It's probably just people forgetting. They have to rush to get all of the artwork done every week and i doubt something like Kakashi's vest being damaged is something they think is very important. Other than that, I don't know what the explanation could be.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    chillin

I noticed this as soon as I read 617 and it seriously disturbed me. Other oversights on Kishi's part were not as drastic as this one. Seeing this chapter makes me seriously question what is going on in Kishi's mind.

After seeing your theory on this matter in previous weeks, I knew this chapter would fuel the fire and get you talking about the subject again, and for good reason. I honestly can't understand what's going on anymore but despite this insane chapter, I still do not want to believe in your very original theory.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Very fascinating! Though I thought I saw it in the pic in chapter 615, but just the tips.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Floydical View Post
    I noticed this as soon as I read 617 and it seriously disturbed me. Other oversights on Kishi's part were not as drastic as this one. Seeing this chapter makes me seriously question what is going on in Kishi's mind.

After seeing your theory on this matter in previous weeks, I knew this chapter would fuel the fire and get you talking about the subject again, and for good reason. I honestly can't understand what's going on anymore but despite this insane chapter, I still do not want to believe in your very original theory.
    Believe it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melanee View Post
    Very fascinating! Though I thought I saw it in the pic in chapter 615, but just the tips.
    It was debatable so I didn't include it.

Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    I think it's an error and someone must have pointed it out to him and he attempted to fix it.
    Here's the problem with that theory. Same chapter 617 and suddenly no more X. If Kishimoto were trying to correct a mistake he had made he wouldn't forget it all of a sudden in the same chapter. It was intentional.

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 01-26-2013 at 02:22 AM.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

stunt double. duh.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

wow freaking kishi , stuff like that is kinda important to the story you could bleed out with that kind of wound

Jesus Watches my Games. Tebows Youth Group's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user no has status.

Haha, you and this "temporal loop" theory man. I actually would enjoy seeing the story head in that direction, kind of like a Matrix type scenario, and I believe Kishi has been quoted saying he's a fan of those movies. If something like this does come to pass, I still think it will be related to Izanami (its the only thing even remotely related to your idea that we have seen in Naruto). I get that birth and rebirth is the basis of Buddhism, something that Kishi draws inspiriation from, but I still feel there was an eerie emphasis on the way Itachi explained Izanami. Speaking of eeire emphasis, I agree with you about the "X" on Kakashi's vest. When it happened, it just seemed strange, I don't know how to explain it. Something about all those Obito-Kakashi panels seemed weird and I think it was epitomized with the Obito slashing the X across Kakashi's chest. I know you have other examples for your argument, but again, something about that one page seemed like Kishi was trying to make that first X image stick in our heads, without us realizing it was going to.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tebows Youth Group View Post
    Haha, you and this "temporal loop" theory man. I actually would enjoy seeing the story head in that direction, kind of like a Matrix type scenario, and I believe Kishi has been quoted saying he's a fan of those movies. If something like this does come to pass, I still think it will be related to Izanami (its the only thing even remotely related to your idea that we have seen in Naruto). I get that birth and rebirth is the basis of Buddhism, something that Kishi draws inspiriation from, but I still feel there was an eerie emphasis on the way Itachi explained Izanami. Speaking of eeire emphasis, I agree with you about the "X" on Kakashi's vest. When it happened, it just seemed strange, I don't know how to explain it. Something about all those Obito-Kakashi panels seemed weird and I think it was epitomized with the Obito slashing the X across Kakashi's chest. I know you have other examples for your argument, but again, something about that one page seemed like Kishi was trying to make that first X image stick in our heads, without us realizing it was going to.
    Itachi was definetly telling us something by revealing Izanami, but the problem that I have with Izanami being the answer is that it requires the castor to observe when to start and stop the loop, and even then the genjutsu loop is confined to a single person like Kabuto. There is no single person or thing in Narutoverse that could observe the entire timeline and everyone would have to be affected by it.

Jesus Watches my Games. Tebows Youth Group's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user no has status.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyakusetsu View Post
    Itachi was definetly telling us something by revealing Izanami, but the problem that I have with Izanami being the answer is that it requires the castor to observe when to start and stop the loop, and even then the genjutsu loop is confined to a single person like Kabuto. There is no single person or thing in Narutoverse that could observe the entire timeline and everyone would have to be affected by it.
    Eh, I think with the Juubi as a catalyst, something like that would be possible. I get your point about observing the "stop" to the loop the first time the cycle was started, but if something like this were to happen, it would have to be more of why its in a loop rather than when its starts over. For instance with Kabuto, he cannot escape the loop until he accepts who he is, with the entire world, it cannot escape the loop until it _________ (whatever the circumstances are). A specific ending point isnt exactly necessary.

IKSOKRIPS = X-O-Creeps IKSOKRIPS's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need help with the Timeline of
    Naruto? I'm the man you need!

I have noticed this in the first chapters that was changed/mistaken. :y

But, indeed. . . . . . . . . magic vest. . . . . . . . .

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That is really weird that he remembered the "x" in the chapter 617 and after a few pages he forgot the "x" again. I wonder the row Kishi draws the pages.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tebows Youth Group View Post
    Eh, I think with the Juubi as a catalyst, something like that would be possible. I get your point about observing the "stop" to the loop the first time the cycle was started, but if something like this were to happen, it would have to be more of why its in a loop rather than when its starts over. For instance with Kabuto, he cannot escape the loop until he accepts who he is, with the entire world, it cannot escape the loop until it _________ (whatever the circumstances are). A specific ending point isnt exactly necessary.
    You have it exactly. Let the theories begin.

Quote Originally Posted by sacmador View Post
    That is really weird that he remembered the "x" in the chapter 617 and after a few pages he forgot the "x" again. I wonder the row Kishi draws the pages.
    The answer is that he wouldn't. It must have been intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastyassninja32 View Post
    wow freaking kishi , stuff like that is kinda important to the story you could bleed out with that kind of wound
    First post=ultimate rep. Welcome to Narutobase. Yes, it's kind of like Naruto's dislocation that he had no trouble with and was using without issue then suddenly it begins to give him problems and Hinata quickly puts it back into place. It served no purpose to the storyline and created no difficulty for the protagonist. People had already assumed that Naruto was using his arm fully in previous chapters because "Kurama had healed him" or "Naruto heals quickly". Then suddenly Kishimoto sticks the dislocation back in again, not to add to the storyline but for another purpose. He's saying to the reader "see what I did there?".

Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 01-26-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drawing stuff.

Don't you already have a thread about this?...

But anyways, if you have the time maybe you can see whether the appearance-disappearance coincides with anything else that is happening. Did something happen at the same time that it reappeared? Did something happen when it disappeared? One thing that I noticed that keeps going back and forth is Obito's mood. Times when Obito is acting like he's the one in control and there's times when he whines. I checked on whether the slashmarks matched with whether Naruto was in Bijuu Mode or not, but those don't match up, so it can't be that.

I also think that it might be intentional, because if he had made the mistake once, it would have not happened again once they noticed it the first time because Kishi and/or his assistants would have been hyper-conscious about them.

Last edited by AaaaNinja; 01-26-2013 at 11:24 PM.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

What could be his intention hiden in this subtle weird outfit? My mere conclusion is that Kishi is using copy-paste for some pics:d

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AaaaNinja View Post
    Don't you already have a thread about this?...

But anyways, if you have the time maybe you can see whether the appearance-disappearance coincides with anything else that is happening. Did something happen at the same time that it reappeared? Did something happen when it disappeared? One thing that I noticed that keeps going back and forth is Obito's mood. Times when Obito is acting like he's the one in control and there's times when he whines. I checked on whether the slashmarks matched with whether Naruto was in Bijuu Mode or not, but those don't match up, so it can't be that.

I also think that it might be intentional, because if he had made the mistake once, it would have not happened again once they noticed it the first time because Kishi and/or his assistants would have been hyper-conscious about them.
    What?!? Are you suggesting that I am repeating myself, that I am being redundant, that I am saying the same things over and over again? Don't be preposterous. If I did it was an accident only. A simple oversight. I simply didn't have enough time to search my earlier threads to see if I had mentioned anything similar.

As for the suggestion, that's a great idea. I'll take your suggestion and see if I can find out how far down that rabbit hole goes.