Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 50
  1. #1
    Twisted Scientist Frankenstein's Avatar
    Status
    Frankenstein is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A hot place
    Posts
    3,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    They say I 'm a troubled boy,
    just because I like to
    destroy, all the things that
    bring the idiots joy. Well,
    what's wrong with a little
    destruction?
     

    Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    All this time that Kabuto used his zombies, everybody and his mother-in-law from the good guys' side was saying "That jutsu is just unethical, to trouble the dead and use them like that". So how could they welcome 4 (or less that's not the point) zombies to fight from their side against the villains?

    Also it would be wrong because this way the younger generation would show that not only they did not surpass the previous but are still way behind. (What would Neji's spirit think about that? :P)

    So because of this facts I think that if Kishimoto brings them back to the battlefield it will be just bad writing and would serve only as a way to please some fanbases, which an author shouldn't do because that would be marketing instead of writing.

    If you disagree feel free to bombard me with counter-arguments but please avoid stupid comments.
     
         

  2. #2
    All Mighty Sage The Ultimate Super Sage's Avatar
    Status
    The Ultimate Super Sage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    i have to disagree their deaths left to many questions unanswered.
     
         

  3. #3
    Banned
    Status
    Reynfall is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImNotScared View Post
    Didn't read


    **** you
    hahahahaha
     
         

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Status
    Kages is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    I disagree, it was a good thing
     
         

  5. #5
    Senior Member Thane's Avatar
    Status
    Thane is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    I agree completely. I want to hear what they have to say, however, even if I don't want them to help Sasuke just for teh lulz.
     
         

  6. #6
    Senior Member -S-'s Avatar
    Status
    -S- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    41,402
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    Thank you!

    I'm not interested in seeing two Zombies fighting each other! (Madara and Hashirama). We can see their previous fight in a flashback.

    What I do want to see is the Living having to deal with the hatred in the ninja world; not a bunch of honourable ninja who have just been degraded by the edo tensei.
     
         

  7. #7
    All Mighty Sage The Ultimate Super Sage's Avatar
    Status
    The Ultimate Super Sage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    i just want hiruzen to have a colored goatee so that he can fight at his fullest.
     
         

  8. #8
    Twisted Scientist Frankenstein's Avatar
    Status
    Frankenstein is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A hot place
    Posts
    3,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    They say I 'm a troubled boy,
    just because I like to
    destroy, all the things that
    bring the idiots joy. Well,
    what's wrong with a little
    destruction?
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ultimate Super Sage View Post
    i have to disagree their deaths left to many questions unanswered.
    No problem with them answering the questions. Just let them out of the fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Trickster View Post
    It's wrong to perform the jutsu. Nothing hypocritical about accepting help if it comes to pass, however. Might as well take advantage of it. Not to mention the fact that if the Four Hokage help the good guys, it would most definitely be out of their own free will.

    As for "the younger generation surpassing the older" theme, that has been retconned a long time ago.
    Well I didn't say it would be a stupid thing, of course the help should be welcomed practically thinking. But it would be hypocritical.

    As for that theme it seems Kishimoto still likes it although it's probably difficult to believe it actually is true.
     
         

  9. #9
    Surpassed's Avatar
    Status
    Surpassed is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    12,374
    Post Thanks / Like
    See you soon
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by ImNotScared View Post
    Didn't read


    **** you
    That kind of response isn't necessary.
    OT: I disagree simply because I'd like to see what the hokages can do in battle since we haven't really seen any of them in their prime and we didn't see too much of Minato.
     
         

  10. #10
    Banned
    Status
    CharlieBundels is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    No f*cking clue...
    Posts
    1,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    I broke the rules, got banned.
    Please don't make the same
    mistake as me, follow the
    rules.
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    They seem to be doing okay, but we know that isn't going to last long. Once Madara stops acting like a fat prick, that is. I for one would enjoy seeing the hokage jump on the battlefield, and help the alliance as much as they can. Once they win, they can finally rest in piece. Remember, they were all in the death gods belly, and that ain't peace...
     
         

  11. #11
    All Mighty Sage The Ultimate Super Sage's Avatar
    Status
    The Ultimate Super Sage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo4 View Post
    No problem with them answering the questions. Just let them out of the fight.



    Well I didn't say it would be a stupid thing, of course the help should be welcomed practically thinking. But it would be hypocritical.

    As for that theme it seems Kishimoto still likes it although it's probably difficult to believe it actually is true.
    alright keep them out of the fight but naruto should not even hear of this
     
         

  12. #12
    Twisted Scientist Frankenstein's Avatar
    Status
    Frankenstein is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A hot place
    Posts
    3,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    They say I 'm a troubled boy,
    just because I like to
    destroy, all the things that
    bring the idiots joy. Well,
    what's wrong with a little
    destruction?
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
    That kind of response isn't necessary.
    OT: I disagree simply because I'd like to see what the hokages can do in battle since we haven't really seen any of them in their prime and we didn't see too much of Minato.
    What you wrote doesn't show that you disagree. It shows that you simply want to see the Kages fight. That's acceptable but the author should care about his story and not only about how to please his readers.
     
         

  13. #13
    Member
    Status
    Talal is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    968
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ultimate Super Sage View Post
    i just want hiruzen to have a colored goatee so that he can fight at his fullest.
    LOL this.
     
         

  14. #14
    Uchiha-Versteherin Kikki's Avatar
    Status
    Kikki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    where things will end badly
    Posts
    1,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    waiting for the miracle to
    come...
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    It would really be wrong if they solved all their problems for them. As much as it would look cool, I'm against more free edos running around. One is bad enough and the living have to find a way to stop him. I'm curious of the hokages' point of view though. And if they can change Sasuke's mind. I'd rather have him as a former leaf ninja join the battle with a powerup than having the hokage fighting. I'm sure their purpose is different from fighting anyway. Let them do what they have to do, then rest in peace.
     
         

  15. #15
    All Mighty Sage The Ultimate Super Sage's Avatar
    Status
    The Ultimate Super Sage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    208
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Talal View Post
    LOL this.
    agreed
     
         

  16. #16
    BadWolf FearxDeath's Avatar
    Status
    FearxDeath is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,403
    Post Thanks / Like
    "When I watch this boy, I
    think back to when I was once
    called a genius, and realize
    how ridiculous that was."
    - Orochimaru
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    You misunderstand. First off the people were put off by the fact that there love ones and heroes were brought back to the battlefeild although the jutsu itself was unethical, the thing they didnt like about the jutsu was that there loved ones or heroes were trying to KILL THEM. I am sure they would be willing to take all the help they can get in this battle against the most powerfull creature in existence.

    Secondly, them bringing back the older generation doesnt mean the younger failed to surpass them. It is like this, the 10 tails is rated lets say 20 in the power scale. The older generation was rated 10 in the power scale while the newer generation was rather 15 in the power scale. Now even though the younger generation surpassed the older it still wasnt enough to surpass the 10 tails and thus they must come together to defeat this enemy. Heck didnt the Edo Kages already get defeated by Gaara, Naruto and Oonoki? That alone should tell you they have been surpassed. But the reason the Konoha Kage have been brought back is to reveal the secrets of the edo tensie which is what is keeping Madara alive and figure out a way to defeat the 10 tails, heck we already know that the RDS is one of the most powerful seals ever and is the same seal that sealed the 9 tails, we already know that the only ones who know this jutsu so far are the 3rd and the 4th hokage, so perhaps the 1st and 2nd were brought back to deal with Madara and the 3rd and 4th brought back to deal with the 10 tails. You can ask why cant the younger generation do this themselves, but there not the ones who created the Edo Tensie jutsu and then allowed it to slip away into the shadow without telling anyone how to counter it, there not to ones who took the most effective seal to there premature graves, the past kages are the ones who did that, and now they have been called back to finish what they started.

    You say Kishi bringing them back only serves to please the fan-base but I disagree, heck the 5 Kages were no match for Edo Madara who has unlimited stamina and cannot die, the only person who can match him would be an Edo Hashirama, as he has stated several times only Hashirama is in his league and he is the only one who can defeat him. And the only way to beat the 10 tails would be to seal it like minato sealed the 9 tails, when in the history of anything has a tailed beast been beating in a head on battle? The track record for beating them is to seal them or put them under some mind control, or under hashirama's case drain away there chakra with the wooden dragon jutsu. And those are just the tailed beast, you ask that the younger generation take on the 10 tails head to head? Come on man thats just unfair.
     
         

  17. #17
    Member taladagah's Avatar
    Status
    taladagah is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    345
    Post Thanks / Like
    u mad r dont like me, excuse
    u? oh never mind, u on that
    hater no jutsu!
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo4 View Post
    All this time that Kabuto used his zombies, everybody and his mother-in-law from the good guys' side was saying "That jutsu is just unethical, to trouble the dead and use them like that". So how could they welcome 4 (or less that's not the point) zombies to fight from their side against the villains?

    Also it would be wrong because this way the younger generation would show that not only they did not surpass the previous but are still way behind. (What would Neji's spirit think about that? :P)

    So because of this facts I think that if Kishimoto brings them back to the battlefield it will be just bad writing and would serve only as a way to please some fanbases, which an author shouldn't do because that would be marketing instead of writing.

    If you disagree feel free to bombard me with counter-arguments but please avoid stupid comments.
    he wouldnt bring them to the battle field, Oro said he is not intrested in the war. Rather he will have a group with sasuske's team and the Edo's. it will serve the strech out the series with more intense battles, it might even play out like the akatski saga, fighting one villan or 2 at a time
     
         

  18. #18
    Twisted Scientist Frankenstein's Avatar
    Status
    Frankenstein is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A hot place
    Posts
    3,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    They say I 'm a troubled boy,
    just because I like to
    destroy, all the things that
    bring the idiots joy. Well,
    what's wrong with a little
    destruction?
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by FearxDeath View Post
    You misunderstand. First off the people were put off by the fact that there love ones and heroes were brought back to the battlefeild although the jutsu itself was unethical, the thing they didnt like about the jutsu was that there loved ones or heroes were trying to KILL THEM. I am sure they would be willing to take all the help they can get in this battle against the most powerfull creature in existence.

    Secondly, them bringing back the older generation doesnt mean the younger failed to surpass them. It is like this, the 10 tails is rated lets say 20 in the power scale. The older generation was rated 10 in the power scale while the newer generation was rather 15 in the power scale. Now even though the younger generation surpassed the older it still wasnt enough to surpass the 10 tails and thus they must come together to defeat this enemy. Heck didnt the Edo Kages already get defeated by Gaara, Naruto and Oonoki? That alone should tell you they have been surpassed. But the reason the Konoha Kage have been brought back is to reveal the secrets of the edo tensie which is what is keeping Madara alive and figure out a way to defeat the 10 tails, heck we already know that the RDS is one of the most powerful seals ever and is the same seal that sealed the 9 tails, we already know that the only ones who know this jutsu so far are the 3rd and the 4th hokage, so perhaps the 1st and 2nd were brought back to deal with Madara and the 3rd and 4th brought back to deal with the 10 tails. You can ask why cant the younger generation do this themselves, but there not the ones who created the Edo Tensie jutsu and then allowed it to slip away into the shadow without telling anyone how to counter it, there not to ones who took the most effective seal to there premature graves, the past kages are the ones who did that, and now they have been called back to finish what they started.

    You say Kishi bringing them back only serves to please the fan-base but I disagree, heck the 5 Kages were no match for Edo Madara who has unlimited stamina and cannot die, the only person who can match him would be an Edo Hashirama, as he has stated several times only Hashirama is in his league and he is the only one who can defeat him. And the only way to beat the 10 tails would be to seal it like minato sealed the 9 tails, when in the history of anything has a tailed beast been beating in a head on battle? The track record for beating them is to seal them or put them under some mind control, or under hashirama's case drain away there chakra with the wooden dragon jutsu. And those are just the tailed beast, you ask that the younger generation take on the 10 tails head to head? Come on man thats just unfair.
    I know it is unfair but still I wouldn't like it to be like " Oh man we are doomed....wait! the dead Hokages came to the rescue! go get them zombie father and zombie Hashirama". It's just not right because it's the good guys.

    And of course it means the younger generation failed. That's actually common sense right now, but if Kishimoto develops the younger generation further maybe , who knows, they can surpass the older one.

    Quote Originally Posted by taladagah View Post
    he wouldnt bring them to the battle field, Oro said he is not intrested in the war. Rather he will have a group with sasuske's team and the Edo's. it will serve the strech out the series with more intense battles, it might even play out like the akatski saga, fighting one villan or 2 at a time
    That would be an entirely different story. Still I don't see that happening. I mean really, Minato and Hashirama being dragged here and there by Sasuke and Co. ? That would be the most degrading thing ever don't you think?
     
         

  19. #19
    Senior Member garas56's Avatar
    Status
    garas56 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm telling you this because
    you don't get it, you think
    you get it, which isn't the
    same as actually getting it.
    Get it?
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    we must se all Hypes crushed and left behind.......So no we must se them in fight.
     
         

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Status
    ThomasJeffersonwasasadist is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Horny and sadistic with a dash
    of racism
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    they wouldn't be on the good guys side they'd be working for oro another bad guy in the war that opposes the shinobi alliance and madara /obito/juubi.
     
         

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Status
    saw2097 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    At my place.
    Posts
    7,231
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am just that amazing.
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    Thank you.

    I COMPLETELY AGREE. It goes against so many themes in this manga.

    Its also a cop out if the Hokages show up and help out.

    I think they are part of the next arc and will be controlled by the final villian.
     
         

  22. #22
    Member taladagah's Avatar
    Status
    taladagah is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    345
    Post Thanks / Like
    u mad r dont like me, excuse
    u? oh never mind, u on that
    hater no jutsu!
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo4 View Post
    I know it is unfair but still I wouldn't like it to be like " Oh man we are doomed....wait! the dead Hokages came to the rescue! go get them zombie father and zombie Hashirama". It's just not right because it's the good guys.

    And of course it means the younger generation failed. That's actually common sense right now, but if Kishimoto develops the younger generation further maybe , who knows, they can surpass the older one.



    That would be an entirely different story. Still I don't see that happening. I mean really, Minato and Hashirama being dragged here and there by Sasuke and Co. ? That would be the most degrading thing ever don't you think?

    I get it, but i think kishi wants everyone not to get caught up in him writing but on the story itself, meaning he know the jutsu is unethical but wants fans to be angry and feel the distubing evil from Oro. Its to grasp how twisted a villian he is to do such a thing. its like dark knight with the joker, u know?
     
         

  23. #23
    Twisted Scientist Frankenstein's Avatar
    Status
    Frankenstein is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A hot place
    Posts
    3,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    They say I 'm a troubled boy,
    just because I like to
    destroy, all the things that
    bring the idiots joy. Well,
    what's wrong with a little
    destruction?
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by garas56 View Post
    we must se all Hypes crushed and left behind.......So no we must se them in fight.
    Some flashbacks would be enough for that matter I think. And again I am arguing on what is correct from the author's point of view.

    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasJeffersonwasasadist View Post
    they wouldn't be on the good guys side they'd be working for oro another bad guy in the war that opposes the shinobi alliance and madara /obito/juubi.
    That would be too degrading for the Hokages...being dragged around by Orochimaru again?

    Quote Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
    Thank you.

    I COMPLETELY AGREE. It goes against so many themes in this manga.

    Its also a cop out if the Hokages show up and help out.

    I think they are part of the next arc and will be controlled by the final villian.
    Same as the above. Still this scenario is entirely acceptable both from the fans' and the author's point of view.

    Quote Originally Posted by taladagah View Post
    I get it, but i think kishi wants everyone not to get caught up in him writing but on the story itself, meaning he know the jutsu is unethical but wants fans to be angry and feel the distubing evil from Oro. Its to grasp how twisted a villian he is to do such a thing. its like dark knight with the joker, u know?
    Same as the above 2 :P I have no problem with Orochimaru dragging them around. When I made this thread I was referring to the fans screaming for a zombie entrance in the battlefield to fight together with the alliance against the 2 villains and their beastie :P
     
         

  24. #24
    Member Sage6paths's Avatar
    Status
    Sage6paths is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every jutsu has its weakness
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    I dont think the kage are summoned to fight. I think Sasuke just want to talk to them briefly.

    Sasuke: 4 kages. Tell me why are you so attached to Konoha?

    Hashirama: You are an Uchiha and I can see you have the Ems. Tell me how you obtain them?

    Sasuke: First tomoa was becos i am sadden by my clan wipe out. Second tomoa was becos i was trying to protect my teammates. Third was becos i want to fight naruto as a konoha shinobi. I activated my ms becos i feel sad for my bro. I gt my ems becos my bro left it to me.

    Hiruzen: sasuke... love gave u great power... not hatred... cant u tell?

    Sasuke: .........
     
         

  25. #25
    Twisted Scientist Frankenstein's Avatar
    Status
    Frankenstein is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A hot place
    Posts
    3,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    They say I 'm a troubled boy,
    just because I like to
    destroy, all the things that
    bring the idiots joy. Well,
    what's wrong with a little
    destruction?
     

    Re: Bringing the Hokages to the battlefield would be hypocritical and wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sage6paths View Post
    I dont think the kage are summoned to fight. I think Sasuke just want to talk to them briefly.

    Sasuke: 4 kages. Tell me why are you so attached to Konoha?

    Hashirama: You are an Uchiha and I can see you have the Ems. Tell me how you obtain them?

    Sasuke: First tomoa was becos i am sadden by my clan wipe out. Second tomoa was becos i was trying to protect my teammates. Third was becos i want to fight naruto as a konoha shinobi. I activated my ms becos i feel sad for my bro. I gt my ems becos my bro left it to me.

    Hiruzen: sasuke... love gave u great power... not hatred... cant u tell?

    Sasuke: .........
    Yeah I hope Kishimoto makes that decision too.

    As for the dialogue..haha it was fun and smart in a way and it is obvious that Sasuke is just plain wrong but still I think he wants to know more about who is who.After all the Uchiha didn't follow Madara so the coup still needs some justification. I also suspect that it isn't going to be a polite dialogue but a genjutsu interrogation (you know Uchiha style :P)
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •