Page 2 of 19 « First 12345612 ... Last»
    Banned
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO

Re: (DrProof) Raikiri's Extirpating Aptitude

Did I miss something when I didn't log on? Who is Dr.Proof? He seems to think a lot of himself, and by the looks of it takes quite a bit of time looking up ways to look more pretentious (or in his mind "smart") The smart bit doesn't fool anyone if you wanted to know, but you're doing a sublime job on the looking pretentious front

I agree that if Kakashi (I guess we use him as an example) had info / worked out what (take) Sasuke was doing with his hand gestures to bring down Kirin, then it's possible Raikiri could cut it. Anyone who says Raikiri couldn't is basing their judgement from sheer speculation rather than what we already know, that being that Raikiri can cut lightning, and Kirin is a form of (a lot stronger, but still a form of) lightning.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Above All

OT: You make sense.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate monkey suits.

Quote Originally Posted by DrProof View Post
    I indeed see what you're saying, but why would Kishimoto canonically release said comments about the technique, if they weren't true? Hype? Why hype a simply S-rank technique? Thus, I can promptly conclude that it is true.

As I stated above to NinjaKid (read that RikerSlade) .. I have also a bit more food for thought, how can you deem that Kakashi didn't extirpate lightning? Kishimoto hinted on it with several statements, while as he never diminished the said technique to not have extirpate lightning itself has he? Like you incompetently stated for me to show you proof of said statement, I want you to follow your own advice.
    I see you still haven't posted proof.
    And just cuz one character says something, that doesn't mean it's true. It's just a metaphor meant to bring praise to Raikiri's power.

Following your logic, Kisame is really a Bijuu without a tail.
    Minato isn't a human being, but a yellow colored flash.
    Gai and Lee aren't humans, but beasts.

After all, Kishi canonically confirmed those, just like how he canonically said Raikiri has cut a lightning bolt...

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    God Complex.

Given the size of kirin...Unless kakashi can run Rikiri over his entire body Kirin will evaporate him.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't owe you shit *****
    leave me alone..

Quote Originally Posted by rollin View Post
    So is this what your saying
    people think that kakashi can't cut a lightning bolt because there's no proof in the manga
    Gai said that he could do it though;the technique is called lightning cutter
    He can use his sharingan to help him see the lightning bolt
    If it is I agree
    You sir, have foretold my whole thread, into this short context. I applaud you.

Quote Originally Posted by White Crow View Post
    By god, it is good to have you back. Strong vocabulary, logical statements, and actual proof. These are the things that have been lacking for quite some time now on the base, well somewhat.

As for the original post, I say to you: It is quite possible that Kakashi could sever said lightning bolt, and foresee its coming. Although I can't get over the distance factor. Let us assume that most battles between shinobi of this level, S Jounin and upwards, are fought from anywhere between inches apart from each other and let's say thirty yards or so. Sound reasonable? I'll assume yes. As you've stated lightning travels at varrying speeds, depending on air conditions and all, but I'll take your word for it at 3,700 miles per second. That is astonishingly quick, and I doubt Kakashi in any way can move that quickly. So even if he were to e inches away from it and even with precognitive vision, I doubt he could do it. I say unless the lightning is on a direct course towards him, he shan't hit sever the aforementioned lightning.
    I so however give you mass amounts of praise for this thread, and do look foreword to hearing more from you.
    Hence why this could be a highly-likely factor.

Such being stated, I can deduce by the second fact of lightning that the Sharingan could highly-likely provide "extra" observation and/or enhanced prediction methods[1][2][3][4]..

Resolve

Kirin/Lightning can be extirpated by Raikiri by said means:

• The given visual prowess of the Sharingan, allows the user capable of envisaging movements; Kirin's wielders hand gestures would be read by Sharingan enabling a counter..
    • The given visual prowess of the Sharingan, allows the user capable of foreseeing future movements; Kirin's wielders gestures would be predicted, enabling a counter..

Quote Originally Posted by thegame View Post
    Oh, I don't doubt Kakashi could do it, if he positioned himself correctly, thus anticipating an area around him, where the lightning could possibly strike, thus being able to envision the location, where the lightning would strike. If you give some sort of object being dielectric or conducting, a surface charge opposite of that of the lightning, it would be rather easy.

A lightning is some sort of massive discharge of energy, which was accumulated from warm and cold weather mixing. So all you need is some kind of object, which seeks to recharge itself. Say some sort of huge capacitor (with an antenna of course), and you could probably create a larger chance for lightning to strike nearby this location. Thus staying near it, creating a possibility to severe the lightning.

This does not change my own personal belief, when Kishi write things like this, being it in his databook or the manga. After reading much of Naruto, I do believe I have a good interpretation of Kishi's way of writing. Thus in my understanding, Kakashi never directly severed a lightning. He simply would have no purpose for doing so, however, he somewhat proved that it would be within his capability, and probably about his max capability.
    But of course you can understand it more literally than me, it does not matter to me, neither interpretations are wrong or right.
    Sensible indeed.

(Insert douchey kanji) Space Cowboy's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Seems like the sheer power of Kirin (clearly much more powerful than a regular lightning bolt) would be more than enough to render a raikiri useless. It seems a bit like using a doton wall to stop Madara's meteor. And i know this isnt a versus thread but aiming the lightning bolt even a few feet from the target would still have the desired effect. I doubt Kakashi would be able to react in time.

▄█▀ ♛ ЖĪ₦Ɠ ŞŦƛƦ₭ ♛ ▄█▀ Intrepid's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ascended

Quote Originally Posted by OrochimaruFan View Post
    Somebody has been hitting the thesaurus.
    Lool

▄█▀ ♛ ЖĪ₦Ɠ ŞŦƛƦ₭ ♛ ▄█▀ Intrepid's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ascended

Quote Originally Posted by -Odin- View Post
    Your fallacious assertions have given me some rather terrible incubi.
    Dat vocab...

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    leave me alone..

Quote Originally Posted by Amplitude View Post
    Did I miss something when I didn't log on? Who is Dr.Proof? He seems to think a lot of himself, and by the looks of it takes quite a bit of time looking up ways to look more pretentious (or in his mind "smart") The smart bit doesn't fool anyone if you wanted to know, but you're doing a sublime job on the looking pretentious front

I agree that if Kakashi (I guess we use him as an example) had info / worked out what (take) Sasuke was doing with his hand gestures to bring down Kirin, then it's possible Raikiri could cut it. Anyone who says Raikiri couldn't is basing their judgement from sheer speculation rather than what we already know, that being that Raikiri can cut lightning, and Kirin is a form of (a lot stronger, but still a form of) lightning.
    You significantly define me as pretentious yet, you yourself have stated to not know me at all.. Why do you mock yourself at such levels of indecency?

OT: I'm excoriated that you agree with my theory, just don't insult a random bystander when you know nothing of them it will get you places.

Last edited by DrProof; 01-26-2013 at 12:41 AM.

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Que rico...

I have consistently injected proof into this theory, as you should see this if you indeed read the thread again -Odin- .. I don't mean to give you incubi, are you alright?
    I have read the entirety of your exquisite thread, though I do not agree with its content. Also, your pretentious demeanor is becoming increasingly pitiful, for it gives me reason to think you are making up for a drastic loss. I do not mean to sound disrespectful... but have you lost your testicles?

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    overworked *.*

I have read the entirety of your exquisite thread, though I do not agree with its content. Also, your pretentious demeanor is becoming increasingly pitiful, for it gives me reason to think you are making up for a drastic loss. I do not mean to sound disrespectful... but have you lost your testicles?

Best one yet

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well, I think the issue here is more centered on whether or not Kakashi can actually physically react to Kirin as opposed to his ability to predict/foresee its use. Raikiri has the necessary hype, but crucially, we haven't seen it in action, so it'll be hard to properly analyze how effective it would be in slicing Kirin, which seems to be a level above your typical lightning bolt (with regards to size/thickness [1]). It remains to be seen whether Kakashi can move his arm through a Jutsu which hits the ground in around a thousandth of a second.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate monkey suits.

I love how people are saying that something of this size:

Can cut something of this size:

Banned
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO

[indent]You significantly define me as pretentious yet, you yourself have stated to not know me at all.. Why do you mock yourself at such levels of indecency?
    I don't know you, but what significance is that to me calling you pretentious?

Unless you didn't know, Pretentious; Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed. Now tell me where me calling you pretentious makes me pretentious, I didn't by making that observation try to make myself appear better than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post

Granted it's not quite the same scale, but Kakashi is smart enough to put more chakra into the Raikiri to buff it up.

Last edited by Cpt Long Schlong; 01-26-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post

Exactly. Seems a bit illogical.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    leave me alone..

Quote Originally Posted by Space Cowboy View Post
    Seems like the sheer power of Kirin (clearly much more powerful than a regular lightning bolt) would be more than enough to render a raikiri useless. It seems a bit like using a doton wall to stop Madara's meteor. And i know this isnt a versus thread but aiming the lightning bolt even a few feet from the target would still have the desired effect. I doubt Kakashi would be able to react in time.
    I understand your reasoning, however this is hypothetically. Kakashi, and his said opponent do not initially need to be in close ranges of each other. Also, evaluate more on your theory, as to why Kirin would render Raikiri useless?

I have indeed not lost my testicles -Odin- it is rather weird that you ask such a sexual question, as I know you to stay on topic most of the time am I wrong however? Was that all just a mask concealing the real you?

OT: What is your make on this theory?

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

No offense, but all this doesn't mean sh*t. Seriously, if Kishimoto cared for the logic of the real word so much, we wouldn't have fire spitting, water walking, (insert random ability here) ninjas in the first place. Plasma? Please... This is manga and accept that Kakashi is a badass drawn character who cut drawn lightning with his raikiri and that's all.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    leave me alone..

Quote Originally Posted by Amplitude View Post
    I don't know you, but what significance is that to me calling you pretentious?

Unless you didn't know, Pretentious; Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed. Now tell me where me calling you pretentious makes me pretentious, I didn't by making that observation try to make myself appear better than I am.
    I never refer to you as pretentious, I think you misleadingly added a few implications into my sentence that didn't need to be there bud.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I understand your reasoning, however this is hypothetically. Kakashi, and his said opponent do not initially need to be in close ranges of each other. Also, evaluate more on your theory, as to why Kirin would render Raikiri useless?

I have indeed not lost my testicles -Odin- it is rather weird that you ask such a sexual question, as I know you to stay on topic most of the time am I wrong however? Was that all just a mask concealing the real you?

OT: What is your make on this theory?
    Sheer size and power is really all thats needed to be said. If raikiri did have the ability to cut through it, it would definitely not dissipate all its energy. It would still land all around Kakashi, killing him.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    leave me alone..

Quote Originally Posted by Lentz View Post
    No offense, but all this doesn't mean sh*t. Seriously, if Kishimoto cared for the logic of the real word so much, we wouldn't have fire spitting, water walking, (insert random ability here) ninjas in the first place. Plasma? Please... This is manga and accept that Kakashi is a badass drawn character who cut drawn lightning with his raikiri and that's all.
    Why exactly can't evidential logic be applied to manga? I don't get your reasoning Lentz.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always keep it 100

Pfft, no way man. Kakuzu nearly fried his hands off, and that was with chakra lightning, what makes you think his hands can withstand raw lightning? Not only that, but the magnitude it damages leaves Kakashi pretty much screwed. With that said, the jutsu is too large to be dispelled by simply raising your hands, with elemental chakra lightning.

Oh, and don't hold onto the databook. "Amaterasu as hot as the sun?" Nah, not really.

Last edited by SasoriOfTheRedSaand; 01-26-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    A mind needs books, as a sword
    needs a whetstone, if it is to
    keep its edge.

Kishi states in the Databook that the whole scenario of Kakashi cutting a lightning bolt with Chidori is a legend ... Is it true or not? we don't know.. Scientifically speaking, even with Sharingan it would be impossible for anyone to predict a strike and cut a lightning bolt before it touches the ground...Lightning may not move at the speed of light.. but it still moves at a speed much faster than what the average brain synapse works at.. However,these are ninjas of a manga, beings who easily exceed the normal capabilities of simple human beings.. Even with this in mind, it seems that even in this fictional manga, certain things remain impossible.. as Black Zetsu stated without doubt that even for a normal ninja, it would be impossible to dodge or react to

Ps. It would be in your best interest to dumb down your next threads, as ampititude said, As nice as it may look, it gives off an ostentatious feeling

Last edited by Owarij; 01-26-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    leave me alone..

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy View Post
    Well, I think the issue here is more centered on whether or not Kakashi can actually physically react to Kirin as opposed to his ability to predict/foresee its use. Raikiri has the necessary hype, but crucially, we haven't seen it in action, so it'll be hard to properly analyze how effective it would be in slicing Kirin, which seems to be a level above your typical lightning bolt (with regards to size/thickness [1]). It remains to be seen whether Kakashi can move his arm through a Jutsu which hits the ground in around a thousandth of a second.
    Hey Noddy, it is a great pleasure to debate with you. And as impossible as it seems, as it defies human logic itself as Lentz stated it is evidently a manga, and as I recall in my personal theory, real life logic can be applied "sometimes"..

What I'm getting at is he's done it before as the Databook, and the manga itself has stated. I don't know how exactly (which is why I constructed this theory) but due to it being said canonically I can consistently believe that it was possible.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Why exactly can't evidential logic be applied to manga? I don't get your reasoning Lentz.
    Yes, your logic of assuming that Kishimoto gives two fu*ks about lightning being made of plasma and it's varying speeds can't be applied here, sorry.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always keep it 100

Hey Noddy, it is a great pleasure to debate with you. And as impossible as it seems, as it defies human logic itself as Lentz stated it is evidently a manga, and as I recall in my personal theory, real life logic can be applied "sometimes"..

What I'm getting at is he's done it before as the Databook, and the manga itself has stated. I don't know how exactly (which is why I constructed this theory) but due to it being said canonically I can consistently believe that it was possible.
    Yes, the databook said he cut a bolt, but a thick dragon made of raw lightning differs, does it not?