View Poll Results: Do You Like The US? Why?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    78 52.00%
  • No

    72 48.00%
Page 2 of 7 « First 123456 ... Last»
Results 26 to 50 of 175
  1. #26
    Academy Student
    Status
    NicholasAkatsumi is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    537
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Well, I'm from Canada, And I have to say that America is better than Canada in All WAYS!

    Except for Hockey, Maple Syrup, International Peace Keeping, Obesity Pandemic, Economic Stability, and Health Care.
     
         

  2. #27
    Señor Member OrochimaruFan's Avatar
    Status
    OrochimaruFan is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    reddit
    Posts
    5,139
    Post Thanks / Like
    Three A.M. on the city street,
    When the air is sweet, I've
    had my mouth full.
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    People hate the USA because we have the resources to steal other people's resources.
     
         

  3. #28
    psychosocial YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    11,338
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Because it's government works against the interest of the people's wellbeing. That goes for both domestic and foreign affairs.
    Your government is build on corruption and no country would want a totalitarian government to come in and invade their country with your slick tactics.
     
         

  4. #29
    13-Tails Bijuu Goddess Jusanbi's Avatar
    Status
    Jusanbi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Beyond Reality, devouring all around me.
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devouring everything and
    everyone
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenSound View Post
    They be jelly of our freedom.








    Seriously though, we're pretty imperialistic and hypocritical. However we're not all bad
    Much agreed, however one cannot define a country as a whole solely based upon its presiding government.
     
         

  5. #30
    Senior Member
    Status
    AlexXx is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    1,709
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    im from germany, there is nothing to be jealus of

    but sometimes is start to hate usa (not the poeple) when:
    - they talk about terrorism and about how to fight it and then dont recognize that they are the one who are terrorists( guantanamo)
    - the war in irak (only about oil)
    - the racism ( not only kkk)
    - the intolarance, for example a state only with christians call every other religion bad...

    or when "americans" shout to foreigners get out of america although they are foreigners too,
     
         
    Last edited by AlexXx; 01-27-2013 at 12:06 AM.

  6. #31
    Monkey D Dragon Algalon's Avatar
    Status
    Algalon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my desk ;)
    Posts
    9,217
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the fact that the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    Without the US; we wouldn't have the threat of nuclear war. Without the US; there'd be no Al-Quaeda threat. Without the US; there'd be no failed League of Nations. Without the US; we'd probably have a more Socialist and friendly world. Without the US; innocent children wouldn't be killed in Libanon, Palastine, Iraq and almost every nation in the Middle East. Without the US; there'd be a power-triangle between the British, the French and Germany/Italy as was custom. Without the US; we'd have a bigger Mexican nation with more potential for economic growth. Without the US; the Russians would've still won us the second World War. Without the US; we'd have no Henry Ford to torture the working class to exhaustion. Without the US; we'd have no Rick Santorum. Without the US; we'd have no useless waste of fossil fuels (or certainly not to such an extent).
    without US we would have a nuclear Nazi Germany, I think you cant really compare a nuclear Nazi Germany to Al-Quaeda

    without the US there would be no UN, also the league failed because they had no military capabilities

    without the US soviet socialism would spread (and the welfare state as you say would never have been created since noone would take out Germany, Russia alone could not have done it, it might still have been west v east but it would be nazism v communism

    without the US middle east would be like it is today, many would agree that it would have been worse

    the greatest obstacle for Mexican economic growth ist the US in fact mexico benefits from having the richest country across the border

    without US either we the british or germans would invent the belt

    ill give you the one with Santorum, hes an idiot, but every country has those

    true about the fossil fuels, though i think China, USSR and the like would waste plenty as well, if the us wouldnt spend its resources someone else would

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    Because it's government works against the interest of the people's wellbeing. That goes for both domestic and foreign affairs.
    Your government is build on corruption and no country would want a totalitarian government to come in and invade their country with your slick tactics.
    every country has some corruption, the US is still a DEMOCRACY and the final decision is still held by the people of the US

    altough some northern european countries are more democratic the US is still a model against many, many countries
     
         
    Last edited by Algalon; 01-27-2013 at 12:07 AM.

  7. #32
    Member PAIN86's Avatar
    Status
    PAIN86 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    i dont hate the US. hate is too strong of a word to use. there are things i like and dislike about the US. they are hypocritical at times. example, like how they judged germany of the mass genocide of the Jewish people. when you look at the history of the US, you will also find genocide there. the genocide of the native american and mexican people. murdering men, women, children and elders
     
         

  8. #33
    Señor Member OrochimaruFan's Avatar
    Status
    OrochimaruFan is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    reddit
    Posts
    5,139
    Post Thanks / Like
    Three A.M. on the city street,
    When the air is sweet, I've
    had my mouth full.
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by PAIN86 View Post
    i dont hate the US. hate is too strong of a word to use. there are things i like and dislike about the US. they are hypocritical at times. example, like how they judged germany of the mass genocide of the Jewish people. when you look at the history of the US, you will also find genocide there. the genocide of the native american and mexican people. murdering men, women, children and elders
    There aren't any nations that are still standing who used peace to establish themselves.
    Peace = Superior Firepower
     
         

  9. #34
    Member Mithril's Avatar
    Status
    Mithril is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    171
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by RockPain View Post
    Well UK defeated the power leading the war, the germans!
    no. the uk was would have been f**ked in a 1v1 with germany (good it didnt happen)
    its good for the uk that the us and russia helped out.
     
         

  10. #35
    psychosocial YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    11,338
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Algalon View Post
    without US we would have a nuclear Nazi Germany, I think you cant really compare a nuclear Nazi Germany to Al-Quaeda

    without the US there would be no UN, also the league failed because they had no military capabilities

    without the US soviet socialism would spread (and the welfare state as you say would never have been created since noone would take out Germany, Russia alone could not have done it, it might still have been west v east but it would be nazism v communism

    without the US middle east would be like it is today, many would agree that it would have been worse

    the greatest obstacle for Mexican economic growth ist the US in fact mexico benefits from having the richest country across the border

    without US either we the british or germans would invent the belt

    ill give you the one with Santorum, hes an idiot, but every country has those

    true about the fossil fuels, though i think China, USSR and the like would waste plenty as well
    I won't correct your every point but the bolded one:

    In the early 70's Iran's women were much prosperous and free to not walk around like a ghost than they are today. That goes for other muslim countries too. Libiya, Iran, Irak, Afghanistan, Syria, Turky, etc... all of those countries somehow went in a state of war and chaos when the U.S. came in the picture.

    I know 2 militants that told me they went to Syria a couple of years ago and had several lethal battles with the Syrian army.
    When they returned home losing some of their friends, they were ordered to stay quiet. You don't know half of the political/tyranicall involvement of the american govt. on foreign affairs. (yet, I hope for you)
     
         

  11. #36
    Sage wargear's Avatar
    Status
    wargear is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The 18 wheeler that just passed you...
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like
    worn out in Montana...
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Hipster.. I usually find your posts to be well thought out and smart.. the comment posted above show your age and naivete.. no big you'll learn I hope the error in your statement. I posted this for you in a similar thread and I'm guessing you didn't read it so here it is...

    My oldest son is a junior in college.. like many of you posting in this he's in the "young naive and stupid" years.. thats cool we all were at some point. Like you he's gonna save the planet save the whales live green and help everyone. Thats cool too! I told him when he gets to my age he'll still be trying to save... more of his own money! I know there are alot of folks here from around the world with diverse opinions... Allow me to address my fellow americans here and decide if you agree... I served in the Navy as an aircraft mech after Vietnam and have been lucky to visit many places around the world. A few years ago I went to Hawaii on vacation and visited Pearl Harbor and the Arizona memorial for the first time. I'd been to pearl several times the carriers first stop on WestPac duty but being a 19yr old all I did was chase girls and party.. my girlfriend saw that I got very emotional and asked why? My response was to ask if she knew what it was to be on a ship in the middle of nowhere and see the missles coming nowhere to go or hide.. Then I told her how you always felt the hate everywhere you went and we'd asked for it for sure but... I told her if she thought East Milwaukee was bad she had no clue India where I saw families 2-3 sometimes living in a cargo container.. kids playing in Manila stop and **** in the dirt street and keep playing.. Thailand where girls came down from the hills to earn a dowery by whoring themselves out.. the stench of Seoul and Hong Kong... I could go on but like or not we are the best greatest country on earth and our people the most generous. Everyone wants us to save their ass and throw money at them but they wouldn't piss on us to put us out if we were on fire! And you think we should let a bunch of religious nutcases have nukes? Tell ya what Hipster go stand next to the Hiroshima memorial study your history and get back to me after you visit the Arizona.. My next vacation? Standing in the surf at Omaha beach trying to imagine what it was like for a 19yr old kid from Pittsburg who never been more tha 20 mi from home before he died in the water... sent there to save a bunch of ungrateful pricks from a dictator...
     
         

  12. #37
    Zero Kelvin's Avatar
    Status
    Zero Kelvin is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tenkaichi, Ancrath Archipelago.
    Posts
    15,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!
     



    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Algalon View Post
    without US we would have a nuclear Nazi Germany, I think you cant really compare a nuclear Nazi Germany to Al-Quaeda

    without the US there would be no UN, also the league failed because they had no military capabilities

    without the US soviet socialism would spread (and the welfare state as you say would never have been created since noone would take out Germany, Russia alone could not have done it, it might still have been west v east but it would be nazism v communism

    without the US middle east would be like it is today, many would agree that it would have been worse

    the greatest obstacle for Mexican economic growth ist the US in fact mexico benefits from having the richest country across the border

    without US either we the british or germans would invent the belt

    ill give you the one with Santorum, hes an idiot, but every country has those

    true about the fossil fuels, though i think China, USSR and the like would waste plenty as well, if the us wouldnt spend its resources someone else would



    every country has some corruption, the US is still a DEMOCRACY and the final decision is still held by the people of the US

    altough some northern european countries are more democratic the US is still a model against many, many countries
    @ Bolded: LOL, no. Between Russia, France and Britain there's a victory. Russia had almost unlimited resources.
     
         

  13. #38
    Spreading Love, Don't Hate Alpha M's Avatar
    Status
    Alpha M is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,978
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm back boy
     



    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril View Post
    no. the uk was would have been f**ked in a 1v1 with germany (good it didnt happen)
    its good for the uk that the us and russia helped out.
    Yeah may be true, but UK were clever, and even came with the "Keep calm and carry on" So people wouldn't be in panic, they would carry on with their lives normally while the soldiers were defeating germany... They had less man power and less planes, but still won and wasted less lives
     
         

  14. #39
    13-Tails Bijuu Goddess Jusanbi's Avatar
    Status
    Jusanbi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Beyond Reality, devouring all around me.
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devouring everything and
    everyone
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mangekyo Muslim View Post
    USA seems to start and stretch many wars when they could easily be stopped. Don't flame me for stating my opinion.
    Pardon me however, I wish not to flame but to express points and facts in counter to your statement that the United States starts and stretched many wars.

    The Hundred Years' War: England and France

    WW I and II: Never started by the United States, and because of the first, the US attempted as best it could to remain not a part of the second.

    There are many more I could offer, however I find it unnecessary.

    I understand we are a young country in comparison to many, however pointing fingers grants no other validity in their opinions. You may offer all the facts that you wish in the clearest, most concise, and credible research. It shall mean nothing in the flow of time and progression and the mind(s) of humanity, in turn it only accredits that individual to common bark and no strive to aid or even tolerate such an issue. There is no shame in understanding accepted fact and opinion, but to preach it is another thought entirely.
     
         

  15. #40
    Señor Member OrochimaruFan's Avatar
    Status
    OrochimaruFan is online now
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    reddit
    Posts
    5,139
    Post Thanks / Like
    Three A.M. on the city street,
    When the air is sweet, I've
    had my mouth full.
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by wargear View Post
    Hipster.. I usually find your posts to be well thought out and smart.. the comment posted above show your age and naivete.. no big you'll learn I hope the error in your statement. I posted this for you in a similar thread and I'm guessing you didn't read it so here it is...

    My oldest son is a junior in college.. like many of you posting in this he's in the "young naive and stupid" years.. thats cool we all were at some point. Like you he's gonna save the planet save the whales live green and help everyone. Thats cool too! I told him when he gets to my age he'll still be trying to save... more of his own money! I know there are alot of folks here from around the world with diverse opinions... Allow me to address my fellow americans here and decide if you agree... I served in the Navy as an aircraft mech after Vietnam and have been lucky to visit many places around the world. A few years ago I went to Hawaii on vacation and visited Pearl Harbor and the Arizona memorial for the first time. I'd been to pearl several times the carriers first stop on WestPac duty but being a 19yr old all I did was chase girls and party.. my girlfriend saw that I got very emotional and asked why? My response was to ask if she knew what it was to be on a ship in the middle of nowhere and see the missles coming nowhere to go or hide.. Then I told her how you always felt the hate everywhere you went and we'd asked for it for sure but... I told her if she thought East Milwaukee was bad she had no clue India where I saw families 2-3 sometimes living in a cargo container.. kids playing in Manila stop and **** in the dirt street and keep playing.. Thailand where girls came down from the hills to earn a dowery by whoring themselves out.. the stench of Seoul and Hong Kong... I could go on but like or not we are the best greatest country on earth and our people the most generous. Everyone wants us to save their ass and throw money at them but they wouldn't piss on us to put us out if we were on fire! And you think we should let a bunch of religious nutcases have nukes? Tell ya what Hipster go stand next to the Hiroshima memorial study your history and get back to me after you visit the Arizona.. My next vacation? Standing in the surf at Omaha beach trying to imagine what it was like for a 19yr old kid from Pittsburg who never been more tha 20 mi from home before he died in the water... sent there to save a bunch of ungrateful pricks from a dictator...
    Owned.
     
         

  16. #41
    psychosocial YowYan's Avatar
    Status
    YowYan is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    At the Organization, decapitating Rimuto
    Posts
    11,338
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Algalon View Post
    without US we would have a nuclear Nazi Germany, I think you cant really compare a nuclear Nazi Germany to Al-Quaeda

    without the US there would be no UN, also the league failed because they had no military capabilities

    without the US soviet socialism would spread (and the welfare state as you say would never have been created since noone would take out Germany, Russia alone could not have done it, it might still have been west v east but it would be nazism v communism

    without the US middle east would be like it is today, many would agree that it would have been worse

    the greatest obstacle for Mexican economic growth ist the US in fact mexico benefits from having the richest country across the border

    without US either we the british or germans would invent the belt

    ill give you the one with Santorum, hes an idiot, but every country has those

    true about the fossil fuels, though i think China, USSR and the like would waste plenty as well, if the us wouldnt spend its resources someone else would



    every country has some corruption, the US is still a DEMOCRACY and the final decision is still held by the people of the US

    altough some northern european countries are more democratic the US is still a model against many, many countries
    All countries are corrupted to some extent indeed, but the U.S. stands out when it comes to meddling with other country's political affairs UNINVITED. And no, the final decision is not held by the people of the U.S. That should be common knowledge by now.
     
         

  17. #42
    Monkey D Dragon Algalon's Avatar
    Status
    Algalon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my desk ;)
    Posts
    9,217
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the fact that the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    I won't correct your every point but the bolded one:

    In the early 70's Iran's women were much prosperous and free to not walk around like a ghost than they are today. That goes for other muslim countries too. Libiya, Iran, Irak, Afghanistan, Syria, Turky, etc... all of those countries somehow went in a state of war and chaos when the U.S. came in the picture.

    I know 2 militants that told me they went to Syria a couple of years ago and had several lethal battles with the Syrian army.
    When they returned home losing some of their friends, they were ordered to stay quiet. You don't know half of the political/tyranicall involvement of the american govt. on foreign affairs. (yet, I hope for you)
    well ty for not correcting me on those points, what you said was kinda true but with the absence of the US things woul have probably gone much worse

    on the ME: many of the ME countries ha(d)ve totalitarian regimes with tough islamic law

    the opressed will always outlast the opressor however the path could be VERY bloody
     
         

  18. #43
    Member PAIN86's Avatar
    Status
    PAIN86 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by OrochimaruFan View Post
    There aren't any nations that are still standing who used peace to establish themselves.
    Peace = Superior Firepower
    Canada established it's independence peacefully from the English. no war, no murder.
     
         

  19. #44
    The Alchemist's Avatar
    Status
    The Alchemist is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Within the desolate recesses of the human consciousness
    Posts
    1,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bet I got some weed, bet I got
    some weed, bet she on her
    knees; bet she swallow ****,
    bet she love my swag, bet she
    leave yo ass
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Because here in this country we have the most spoiled, egotistical, self righteous ass holes on the freaking planet.
    I hate the imperialistic way American politicians try to own up the world at the expense of everyone else, including it's very own citizens. This country deserves to be hated because we have all the money, power, and influence and yet it's not enough for the powers that be.
    Also look at the things the C.I.A and U.S military have done. Those pics of soldiers abusing their captives while the officials rail against people like Saddam and Osama (who they funded in the first place).
     
         

  20. #45
    NB Champion Of Prediction Ψ Veritas Ψ's Avatar
    Status
    Ψ Veritas Ψ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    A Couple of Steps after Infinity
    Posts
    6,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    this thread will start trouble.
     
         

  21. #46
    13-Tails Bijuu Goddess Jusanbi's Avatar
    Status
    Jusanbi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Beyond Reality, devouring all around me.
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devouring everything and
    everyone
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    @ Bolded: LOL, no. Between Russia, France and Britain there's a victory. Russia had almost unlimited resources.
    No they did not, under their leader Stalin Russia's population starved through constant famine, and the military lacked in immediate resources throughout the period of the world wars. This in turn has lead to the fall of the soviet union and caused Russia now to be a very poor country. Land Mass does not equal to unlimited resources, especially when much of it is highly unsuitable to human life.
     
         

  22. #47
    Legendary FTG V2's Avatar
    Status
    FTG V2 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,746
    Post Thanks / Like
    スピード
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Main reason why people hate the U.S is do to it's government.

    Why?

    Simply because this government will do anything it takes to get what they want even lie about looking Osama bin Laden in Iraq so they can get a simple Gas from the country.
     
         

  23. #48
    13-Tails Bijuu Goddess Jusanbi's Avatar
    Status
    Jusanbi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Beyond Reality, devouring all around me.
    Posts
    457
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devouring everything and
    everyone
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Decay View Post
    this thread will start trouble.
    It already has, and there have been many threads as this one before it, I am merely waiting for this one to be closed as well.
     
         

  24. #49
    Zero Kelvin's Avatar
    Status
    Zero Kelvin is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tenkaichi, Ancrath Archipelago.
    Posts
    15,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!
     



    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jusanbi View Post
    No they did not, under their leader Stalin Russia's population starved through constant famine, and the military lacked in immediate resources throughout the period of the world wars. This in turn has lead to the fall of the soviet union and caused Russia now to be a very poor country. Land Mass does not equal to unlimited resources, especially when much of it is highly unsuitable to human life.
    Please forward that to the Red Army.
    Stalin didn't even recruit the pelt-hunters from the Ural-mountains.
     
         

  25. #50
    Monkey D Dragon Algalon's Avatar
    Status
    Algalon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my desk ;)
    Posts
    9,217
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the fact that the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda
     

    Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    @ Bolded: LOL, no. Between Russia, France and Britain there's a victory. Russia had almost unlimited resources.
    no because germany was extremely close to a nuke at the end if nazism wouldnt drive many scientists away they would have had one long before the US
     
         

Page 2 of 7 « First 123456 ... Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •