View Poll Results: Do You Like The US? Why?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

78 52.00%
  • No

72 48.00%
Page 3 of 7 « First 1234567 Last»
    Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Why do so many ppl hate the US?

*sighs* Every country has its problems and bad people. But each one has its good people and benefits.

That being said I won't generalize and say anything about the US or any other country.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devouring everything and
    everyone

Quote Originally Posted by -Kuro- View Post
    *sighs* Every country has its problems and bad people. But each one has its good people and benefits.

That being said I won't generalize and say anything about the US or any other country.
    And why does it appear to be so difficult to simply carry tolerance within this world and upon these topics, even in disdain or lax as you have shown admirably.

you

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    スピード

Quote Originally Posted by -Kuro- View Post

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!

Quote Originally Posted by Algalon View Post
    no because germany was extremely close to a nuke at the end if nazism wouldnt drive many scientists away they would have had one long before the US
    Back that up with evidence, please.
    And they did drive their scientists away. The scientists would've been much more useful in Britain and without Oppenheimer and his American funding we'd have no MAD principle and no radioactive blood on Japanese soil.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the fact that the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda

Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    All countries are corrupted to some extent indeed, but the U.S. stands out when it comes to meddling with other country's political affairs UNINVITED. And no, the final decision is not held by the people of the U.S. That should be common knowledge by now.
    well yes the us is meddling in foreign affairs, this whole thread is about that, it might not be ideal but their intervention (or the possibility of one) generates some kind of stability and predictability

if the there was no US noone would interfere if NK one day decided to nuke SK

and ofc the final decision isnt held by the people, the US isnt a direct participative democracy, in a country of 300M its not possible (it would be chaos, + most ppl are not informed enough to make most decisions) a indirect representative democracy is much better

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

well yes the us is meddling in foreign affairs, this whole thread is about that, it might not be ideal but their intervention (or the possibility of one) generates some kind of stability and predictability

and ofc the final decision isnt held by the people, the US isnt a direct participative democracy, in a country of 300M its not possible (it would be chaos, + most ppl are not informed enough to make most decisions) a indirect representative democracy is much better
    What I was trying to say was that your vote means squat. period. :/
    If it did, Ron Paul would be pres by now, the Fed would have been abolished, there wouldn't be 14 trillion missing, tax money would be way lower, all troops would be called back home saving billions on foreign military expenses, homeless ppl rate would be way low to 0% (hopefully)
    Even a child could have managed this country better and with more morality. It pisses me off that there are americans who defend their govt. Like their govt. actually functions in the interest of the ppl.You can love the country without loving your govt. right?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heard!

You do know that the Korean conflict was a product of the Cold War, don't you? Without the US there'd be no such conflict.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    on Eiichiro Oda

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    You do know that the Korean conflict was a product of the Cold War, don't you? Without the US there'd be no such conflict.
    ofc there wouldnt be, it was an example, surely in a world with the USSR and whatever would have happened in Europe if there was no US in the war similar conflicts would arise

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    AINOKEA

Because we're a bunch of bastards made up of people that other countries didn't want and now we're a mixed plate of people that invented the internet so that people can proudly state that the U.S. is bunch of fat, corrupted and greedy Sonova B-word and is the cause of everything wrong int the world. Ergo, spreading the hate built up on stereotypical reports from any media source that supports their reasoning.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heard!

ofc there wouldnt be, it was an example, surely in a world with the USSR and whatever would have happened in Europe if there was no US in the war similar conflicts would arise
    Wut?
    But probably no. The US really screwed the whole world up.

Power_Level_Maximum BladerItachi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    'I am getting all fired up'
    Like Salamander

Haters gonna hate babe Or Man

Senior Member muutobirama3rdraikagemizu's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    SHISHUI IS UNDARRATED

Quote Originally Posted by wargear View Post
    Hipster.. I usually find your posts to be well thought out and smart.. the comment posted above show your age and naivete.. no big you'll learn I hope the error in your statement. I posted this for you in a similar thread and I'm guessing you didn't read it so here it is...

My oldest son is a junior in college.. like many of you posting in this he's in the "young naive and stupid" years.. thats cool we all were at some point. Like you he's gonna save the planet save the whales live green and help everyone. Thats cool too! I told him when he gets to my age he'll still be trying to save... more of his own money! I know there are alot of folks here from around the world with diverse opinions... Allow me to address my fellow americans here and decide if you agree... I served in the Navy as an aircraft mech after Vietnam and have been lucky to visit many places around the world. A few years ago I went to Hawaii on vacation and visited Pearl Harbor and the Arizona memorial for the first time. I'd been to pearl several times the carriers first stop on WestPac duty but being a 19yr old all I did was chase girls and party.. my girlfriend saw that I got very emotional and asked why? My response was to ask if she knew what it was to be on a ship in the middle of nowhere and see the missles coming nowhere to go or hide.. Then I told her how you always felt the hate everywhere you went and we'd asked for it for sure but... I told her if she thought East Milwaukee was bad she had no clue India where I saw families 2-3 sometimes living in a cargo container.. kids playing in Manila stop and **** in the dirt street and keep playing.. Thailand where girls came down from the hills to earn a dowery by whoring themselves out.. the stench of Seoul and Hong Kong... I could go on but like or not we are the best greatest country on earth and our people the most generous. Everyone wants us to save their ass and throw money at them but they wouldn't piss on us to put us out if we were on fire! And you think we should let a bunch of religious nutcases have nukes? Tell ya what Hipster go stand next to the Hiroshima memorial study your history and get back to me after you visit the Arizona.. My next vacation? Standing in the surf at Omaha beach trying to imagine what it was like for a 19yr old kid from Pittsburg who never been more tha 20 mi from home before he died in the water... sent there to save a bunch of ungrateful pricks from a dictator...
    This best post on thus thread

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    on Eiichiro Oda

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Kelvin View Post
    Wut?
    But probably no. The US really screwed the whole world up.
    yes the us also had many bad effects, however their general ambition was a stable and peaceful world, that however isnt that easy

also: if a democratic superpower like the US could cause so many sideffects, imagine what a totalitarian regime with such dominance in the world could do

anyway im going to sleep its 00.50 here and i have to finish the preparations for a lecture

PS the internet was invented in CERN which is in Switzerland

Last edited by Algalon; 01-26-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heard!

yes the us also had many bad effects, however their general ambition was a stable and peaceful world, that however isnt that easy

also: if a democratic superpower like the US could cause so many sideffects, imagine what a totalitarian regime with such dominance in the world could do

anyway im going to sleep its 00.50 here and i have to finish the preparations for a lecture

Like the dictators the United States instated in Africa and Asia just to ensure that nation's support for 'democracy'.
    China's a democracy.

NB Champion Of Prediction Ψ Veritas Ψ's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Imagine if Nazi regime ruled the world

Status
    Aug 2011
    In that place where you dare not look, staring out at you!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Biding my time.

Well they kinda bombarded my country and killed bunch of innocent people calling them collateral damage, but I don't hate the U.S. I just strongly disagree with most of their foreign policy cause it's based on violence and war.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    AINOKEA

The World Wide Web (www) was at CERN. The internet is the medium that people use to go to the www and get information. Although, Thumbs up to a British Scientist for his work in packet switching.

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow the Forum Rules

because they are jelly *******s

Quote Originally Posted by Mangekyo Muslim View Post
    USA seems to start and stretch many wars when they could easily be stopped. Don't flame me for stating my opinion.
    because of terrorists, its not our fault that Osama bombed the world trade center
    Quote Originally Posted by FTG V2 View Post
    Main reason why people hate the U.S is do to it's government.

Why?

Simply because this government will do anything it takes to get what they want even lie about looking Osama bin Laden in Iraq so they can get a simple Gas from the country.
    how was that a lie. Them people where asking to get attacked by the US. Blame Osama

Last edited by Ira; 01-27-2013 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Merging multiple posts.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waiting for A Realm Reborn

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

well for political reasons most people dislike America because of George Bush.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

first 3 minutes are informative enough:

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow the Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by YowYan View Post
    first 3 minutes are informative enough:
    i agree, terrorism and sharia law is bad and has not place in the Western world

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    When will I become a mod?

America is not fat, that is one of the biggest misconceptions. Seeing one fat kid on google does not determine the entire country. Any idiot knows that. We kicked the crap out of everyone at the olympics. Explain how we are fat?

America is not dumb, we landed on fucking Mars goddamit. Ever heard of Albert Einstein?

America is not run by idiots. If you think that the politicians wake up in the morning and think " How can I ruin this country today?" Then you are a huge a$$ pessimist

Senior Member ~WastelandSociety~'s Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    War. War Never Changes

Quote Originally Posted by kill itachi fanboys View Post
    its full of fat people
    Some of those fat people came from overseas,and their children became fat like them and so on :D
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

Anyways, I don't know why people hate the US. Some just hate the government while others hate the people.

Though it's not only the US most people hate.
    Some hate Italy, Germany,French,Greece,Russia,etc.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Semi-active

People hate America for its cruelness and carelessness to start wars where it has no business in like Iraq & Afghanistan