Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Blah

Re: What makes a person Uncompassionate

Quote Originally Posted by OrochimaruFan View Post

Here's a serious answer since you're so upset over my previous ones:

Compassion is defined as sympathy for other's misfortunes. So someone who doesn't care about people's misfortunes would be "uncompassionate".
    Did I ask you to copy/paste a definition from google?I could have done this myself, but sadly, this is not what I asked for.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Malaysian Pride!

When someone deliberately make fun of what i truly believe as an insults which they knows better what will the consequences are.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

There's no one cause, I would have to believe.

Obviously, the lack of compassion in a person's life (abuse, large amount of negative emotions, or just the lack of care at all.) could easily contribute to a person not having compassion themselves. People tend to reflect the environments they come from, so if a person never really experienced compassion, how would they be able to accurately mimic it? (Because trait behaviors are often, I have learned, acquired through mimicking.)

However, some people don't hold compassionate even if they come from loving homes or a well off background. We could attribute that to some sort of innate selfishness or feeling of entitlement. (I.e. "I don't care about this hobo lying in the street. What has he done for me? We are not like each other." That's a poor example, I know, but you should get the picture. >.>)

And some people just don't care. It's like the selfishness factor I spoke of just before, but it's also different. It's a factor that's not born from any particular sense of self importance, but rather just completely and utterly denying the fact that other people matter at all. Again, this stems from no emotion or negative mindset, but rather just a great apathy. (I.e., take the last example, and replace "what has he done for me", with "he does not affect me."

That's what I have seen as causes, at least. Hope this helped.

Senior Member Cyanide Addiction's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2011
    I'm back in black... but I am
    not sure about the hitting of
    the sack...

Love wise? Easy, they're lied to far too much. Cheated on time, and time again. Dumped for stupid reasons. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and if it is broke, fix it instead of throwing it out.
    If a compassionate person is treated with no compassion long enough, they will lose their passion. Simple as that.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12