Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Senior Member Cyanide Addiction's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2011
    I'm back in black... but I am
    not sure about the hitting of
    the sack...

Re: Do you believe in "Trickle Down Economics"?

Quote Originally Posted by Ƒālconer View Post
    Abraham Lincoln was Republican...
    The Founder of the Party in fact, and yet Republicans today are the complete opposite of him.

Status
    Sep 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide Addiction View Post
    The Founder of the Party in fact, and yet Republicans today are the complete opposite of him.
    Sadly the same is true for many other groups.......

Status
    Apr 2012
    I have ascended!

Quote Originally Posted by Ƒālconer View Post
    i know that but people confuse him for a democrat.... even though the democrats where the racist people back then and the ones that passed the black codes and jim crow laws
    I never confused him. I blatantly said, by modern day standards of a democrat, based on his political views he's a democrat. Along with Teddy Roosevelt. The modern day republicans would have been the pasts democrats, I know my US history sir .

General kakashi kakashi owns all's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide Addiction View Post
    fdr had a name switch he was the first democrat to modern standereds read a book and that make republicans different then they were b4 fdr

Status
    Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Anorien16 View Post
    Well my Economic Skills are low,
    It shows.

all i know is: u cant Make money unless u juice it out of someone or something
    This model fails to account for the increase in money and economic activity. Under this economic model - money can only come from something else... so, by this logic - all of the money and economic activity in the world today existed back in the 1700s?

If not... then where did the money we currently have come from? How did all of these companies come into existence and grow?

. . . . Most American Companies thrive cos of the cheap labor they obtain other countries like China
    China is a complex scenario. On one hand - labor in China is far cheaper than Americans are willing to work for. If you make $300 a week, there, you're rich as hell... but it's considered rather introductory income in the U.S. ... BUT - China can (provided they can be kept from putting lead in ****) make quality spoons, plates, etc - things that most people would have to spend much more money on were it manufactured in the states. That's good news for people with the lower income jobs in the U.S. - it means that the money they earn goes farther and the savings can be distributed to other expenses and quality of living enhancements.

Meanwhile... these people in China start to make more money, their economy starts growing - and before too much longer, they find themselves in demand of products we are producing here in the U.S. - areas of production where we excel. They begin to purchase products from our economy which strengthens both economies.

Except... China doesn't do that. They deliberately undermine international patents and actively restrict the imports they allow into their nation. So it's something of a one-way street that doesn't work according to the model of the free market (though that is slowly changing... just whether or not it happens in time to save China's economy is another story).

In the free market model; Wealth and productivity are equivocal, and the two can be created. For example - the Cotton Gin greatly enhanced the output from one worker. Now a farmer could produce several times the amount of cotton and enjoy a larger profit-margin on more competitively priced cotton (sold cheaper). The creator of the cotton gin has created a product that improves productivity - just like the developers of steam engines and other such systems that led to the industrial era.

Time is the real 'money' - the ultimate currency. Anything produced to save another person time or to allow them to do more with the time they are doing a mundane task (such as riding on a bus) creates wealth. Any time someone creates a new product that is desirable (or a new service) - that creates wealth.

Money is merely a universal bartering currency that attempts to represent the amount your product or service aided another person.

The problem is that America is not a free market economy - it is a fascist economy where government and many large businesses have fused into the same effective institution. Some would call this "crony capitalism" - but it's more like "fascism lite." Lobbyists of large corporations lobby for laws that benefit their business - and laws get made that benefit those businesses and, also, award contracts to that business.

Which is why people currently sit there and say: "Look at America... the free market doesn't work!" .... well... true... but America isn't a free market.

. . . . also as far as I seem to understand Trickle Down Economics will not work ONLY when the Government is smart and judicious with the extra tax they get right? Well that a high expectation.......
    I'm not sure you quite understood the question... or you put in a couple typos here that make this confusing.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12