Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funky at heart.

Re: Anime discussion- English Dub Sucks?!

Quote Originally Posted by shanay View Post
    ^ I had no idea! I always thought the dub was better because it's the one I watched now I have doubts....

Not all dubbed animes are bad. Code Geass, DBZ and FMA: Brotherhood were really good. But others like Naruto are bad because of the way it sounds. The Naruto dub is so much slower than the original and the voices just don't fit the characters. Seriously, Naruto sounds like a girl
    Well, in the dubs defense, Naruto is voiced by a woman. But he is also voiced by a woman in the Japanese version as well.

But yeah, most people prefer the Japanese subbed anime because they seem to have more inflection with their voice acting. It seems more real, or so it seems. Not all dubbed anime is bad, but many of them overact.

Last edited by Nimmy; 01-30-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Mugiwara crew
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i like Naruto dub

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmph....

Quote Originally Posted by akinatsukana View Post
    I think for me it's all about what english voice actors are in the series. I prefer sub but I will watch certain anime series in dub if I know some of the voice actors. Like Ouran high school host club for instance, I gave it a shot because I liked the voice actors. However, Haruhi's voice kind of made me go back to the sub version. While it wasn't bad to those who had never heard maaya sakamoto's voice as haruhi, I was already spoiled at how her voice sounded. But usually when the series is done by funimation or viz I tend to give the english a shot. Like inuyasha, I think the sub is okay but I love the english cast so much that I refuse to watch it subbed. The same goes for when Saiyuki Reloaded was dubbed by another company, I refused to watch it but I couldn't watch the subbed either! Thank god the original cast from Gensomaden Saiyuki got back together and dubbed Saiyuki Gaiden. So looking forward to buying it.
    It's all about that preference man, everyone has different taste in general. Cool, always nice to show support for the dub, more people support the industry, the more stuff we will get.

Page 2 of 2 « First 12