Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has derp status

Why do some people assume one can escape Inf. Tsukoyomi by not gazing at the moon?

There are those who believe that simply not looking at the moon would enable someone to avoid the Mugen Tsukoyomi, I think that idea is preposterous, for one thing, why didn't Shikaku or the alliance ordered all civilians and ninjas who were not on the battlefield to hide in caves or underground to avoid being under the Mugen, another reason why I think it's absurd is because something as powerful as Mugen Tsukoyomi could simply be avoided by bowing down your head and avoid gazing at the sky.

Last edited by Sir Derp Obito; 01-28-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Banned
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blowing Fanboys and Idiots
    alike With C4 Karura

Re: Why do some people assume one can escape Inf. Tsukoyomi by not gazing at the moon

Derp Obito strikes again.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I See The Truth

Re: Why do some people assume one can escape Inf. Tsukoyomi by not gazing at the moon

they dont realize that the Moon Eyeplan literally becomes the world once its casted thats it dont even have to look

Stating the legit truth Pragmatic's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peace is a lie, there is only
    passion. Through passion, I
    gain strength. Through
    strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are
    broken. The Force shall free
    me.

Quote Originally Posted by Derp Obito View Post
    There are those who believe that simply not looking at the moon would enable someone to avoid the Mugen Tsukoyomi, I think that idea is preposterous, for one thing, why didn't Shikaku or the alliance ordered all civilians and ninjas who were not on the battlefield to hide in caves or underground to avoid being under the Mugen, another reason why I think it's absurd is because something as powerful as Mugen Tsukoyomi could simply be avoided by bowing down your head and void gazing at the sky.
    Perfect thread once again

Last edited by Pragmatic; 01-28-2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spell correct

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pierce the Heavens!!

They'll wonder why the sky is turning red, and boom. Trapped in the genjutsu.
    Curiosity killed the cat.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bad is the new good

Who ever said that???
    never heard it really but it's ridiculous.
    We already seen by Itachi that you don't have to make eye contact to be affected by tsukoyomi.

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Que rico...

Hey, there you are! Some guy made a thread yesterday, asking where you were

OT: Yeah, IDK, people are weird.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'll use chibaku tensei and destroy the moon

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    Perfect thread once agian
    thank you for agreeing.

Hey, there you are! Some guy made a thread yesterday, asking where you were

OT: Yeah, IDK, people are weird.
    Yeah I spoke with her, and she's a girl

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always keep it 100

Le Derpppp

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Void

i 100% agree...

The ReeseKage of Brooklyn ReeseKage's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trollin fanboys since'88

Someone said that wearing 3-D shades might work.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReeseKage View Post
    Someone said that wearing 3-D shades might work.
    lol! but seriously speaking it's a glaring military logistic blunder if Shukaku actually didn't devise a backup plan and made the civilians and non-participating shinobis hide in caves or underground dwellings to avoid Mugen Tsukoyomi, it's only rational then to conclude that the simple avoidance of the moon would not deter its' intended effect which is Mugen Tsukoyomi.

Banned
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO

Thought this was pretty obvious since light reflects off the moon all the time, ever heard of moonlight?

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amplitude View Post
    Thought this was pretty obvious since light reflects off the moon all the time, ever heard of moonlight?
    Well for one thing without the sun, there would be no light reflected on the moon so what happens then to moonlight when it's daytime? second the illuminance lux of objects have to be taken into account, could lux of the moon bypass solid matter like gravel or stone? no, ergo, why didn't Sukaku and co. order a safety evacuation procedure in the case of the successful casting of Mugen Tsukoyomi? it's because it's useless.

Last edited by Sir Derp Obito; 01-28-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Banned
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO

Well for one thing without the sun, there would be no light reflected on the moon so what happens then to moonlight when it's daytime? second the illuminance lux of objects have to be taken into account, could moonlight bypass solid matter? no.
    What? Do you know how light works? Light must reflect off the moon at night time or we wouldn't be able to see it, the moonlight in daytime is still there but a lot weaker, even if it was non existent genjutsu isn't broken when the light stops "coming", genjutsu is an injection of chakra which disrupts the natural flow

The end part of your post I didn't talk about at all, I didn't say hiding in caves wouldn't work so I have no idea where you pulled that from

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I See The Truth

What? Do you know how light works? Light must reflect off the moon at night time or we wouldn't be able to see it, the moonlight in daytime is still there but a lot weaker, even if it was non existent genjutsu isn't broken when the light stops "coming", genjutsu is an injection of chakra which disrupts the natural flow

The end part of your post I didn't talk about at all, I didn't say hiding in caves wouldn't work so I have no idea where you pulled that from

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm arguing about the intensity of luminous emittance if you were actually paying attention, I was simply stating a scientific fact that the luminescence of the moon is insufficient to bypass solid matter whether it's night time or day time.

Quote Originally Posted by RasenUchihaChaos View Post

Of course I can't, but Oro can

Last edited by Sir Derp Obito; 01-28-2013 at 04:40 PM.

Banned
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO

Well for one thing without the sun, there would be no light reflected on the moon so what happens then to moonlight when it's daytime? second the illuminance lux of objects have to be taken into account, could lux of the moon bypass solid matter like gravel or stone? no, ergo, why didn't Sukaku and co. order a safety evacuation procedure in the case of the successful casting of Mugen Tsukoyomi? it's because it's useless.
    I'm arguing about the intensity of luminous emittance if you were actually paying attention, I was simply stating a scientific fact that the luminescence of the moon is insufficient to bypass solid matter whether it's night time or day time.
    Again I don't think you quite understand what I'm saying.. I agree with what you've said, about it not being able to bypass solid matter, I only argued the bold parts; by saying there is always moon light and that you didn't know how light worked because you thought there was no light coming off the moon. {Both bold parts}

I agree, I just didn't agree with exactly what you said in one instance, I never disagreed about light not being able to bypass solid matter or the Shukaku plans thing, you just imagined that it seems

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Again I don't think you quite understand what I'm saying.. I agree with what you've said, about it not being able to bypass solid matter, I only argued the bold parts; by saying there is always moon light and that you didn't know how light worked because you thought there was no light coming off the moon. {Both bold parts}

I agree, I just didn't agree with exactly what you said in one instance, I never disagreed about light not being able to bypass solid matter or the Shukaku plans thing, you just imagined that it seems
    Then what is your point of contention in relation to the topic? if you are arguing about physics and then I agree I had a mental slip about the moonlight at daytime because I was thinking about the luminous intensity of the moon in relation to Mugen Tsukoyomi, but like I said in my previous posts it's not good to interject real life physics with fictional universe laws.

Banned
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO

Then what is your point of contention in relation to the topic? if you are arguing about physics and then I agree I had a mental slip about the moonlight at daytime because I was thinking about the luminous intensity of the moon in relation to Mugen Tsukoyomi, but like I said in my previous posts it's not good to interject real life physics with fictional universe laws.
    What else are we supposed to do? Make them up as we go along or pretend they don't exist? We believe they are there until we are proved wrong. Look back at Obito flashback to Madaras Cave, he looks at the moon and when he kills those men he see's the moon. Proof.

I don't have any contention, just with what you said since you thought I was arguing something I didn't type a letter about

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

What else are we supposed to do? Make them up as we go along or pretend they don't exist? We believe they are there until we are proved wrong. Look back at Obito flashback to Madaras Cave, he looks at the moon and when he kills those men he see's the moon. Proof.

I don't have any contention, just with what you said since you thought I was arguing something I didn't type a letter about
    Well for one thing, concepts like reviving the dead, walking on water, alternate dimensions, etc. are already in the realms of the supernatural, it would be foolish to measure their veracity from the category of real life phenomena don't you think? and since the Naruto universe is continuously changing based on the whims of Kishimoto we can never be truly sure what supernatural element he will introduce to the story next. It is his own little universe afterall

And your example of Obito is what you call plot consistency, an entirely different thing.

Last edited by Sir Derp Obito; 01-28-2013 at 05:06 PM.