~ The God of High School ~ PrimeOfTheSixPaths's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Manga to Check Out

Hey everyone! I'ma just add a list of some manga I have found to like and let you guys know what they're about. If you're looking for some new reading material or the genres listed below, check them out and see what you think.

For each manga, I have described them not to my best effort, just to not spoil them if you decide to read them. I have also included why I like each one of them below the description of the story, incase you want to know what you're in for.
    I have split them in categories so if you like just certain types of genres, you can skip others and check them out!

Fighting and Martial Arts

The God of High School

http://www.mangareader.net/the-god-of-high-school

The God of High School, GoH, is one of my favorite Mangas around. It follows a high school student, Jin Mori (As seen in my avatar and signature) as he is invited to a fighting tournament. Jin Mori soon makes friends, and enemies, through the rounds as they progress through the tourney. I won't spoil any more and just let you see how you like it.
    This Manga is really funny and really a fun read. If you have a great imagination, imagining the fights happen is simply amazing. This Manga is completely colored, which is awesome because it uses so much color on each page its amazing.

Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru

http://www.mangareader.net/1079/kara...ta-minoru.html

This Manga is really based in reality and quite different from God of High School. It is a japanese manga, compared to GoH being a korean manga. It follows college stundent Kohinata Minoru as he transfers from doing Gymnastics to doing Full-Contact Karate.
    The story is much more than just Minoru though, it does a great job with character development, spreading it equally between the major side characters in the manga. I also love how ridiculously funny it can be when the characters are in sticky situations, haha.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

http://www.mangareader.net/337/histo...e-kenichi.html

Kenichi has been around for a while now, and yet, even with that, it is a great manga. It follows teenager Kenichi Shirahama as he turns from scrawny wimp to powerful disciple. Being tired of being weak, he soon meets Miu Fuuringi, who introduces him to the masters of Ryozanpaku, which is headed by Miu's grandfather. Kenichi learns multiple fighting styles while going through hellish training and with that, becomes the target of various groups after being called History's Strongest Disciple.
    Kenichi is really fun to read, especially with all the wonderful lady parts that they show off. It's really funny and there are great fight scenes in it between Kenichi and other disciples as well as between the masters themselves. I love the love triangles in this manga, usually with Kenichi or Miu in the middle of it all. There is great character development in this, spreading it even between the masters and even the members of Kenichi's fighting group, the Shinpaku Alliance. It is really a great manga and there is an anime out covering the first arc of HSD Kenichi.

Horror
    Apocalypse no Toride

http://www.mangareader.net/apocalypse-no-toride

Apocalypse no Toride is a fairly new manga, with only 10 chapters out so far. It is a horror dealing with zombies as it's main horror monster. It follows 16 year old Maeda as he is sent to the largest juvenile detention center in japan, convicted of murder. While Maeda is in the detention center, cases of murder have been breaking out, which they way the murderer kills the victim is by biting them. The dead soon become zombies, yet in the manga they don't know this. The zombie outbreak soon spreads throughout the city and eventually gets to the detention center.
    There are tons of action, and it has good character development as well as a cool "boss monster" with a crazy design. The ways the zombies react and the different types are really unique as well. Whats also good about this manga is the chapters are really long, in the mid 60s range.

Adventure

Kingdom of Zombie

http://www.mangareader.net/kingdom-of-zombie

Although this is in the Adventure section, this manga is based around zombies, but unlike Apocalypse, it is grounded in a medieval backdrop. It follows young Van on his quest in becoming a hero after a series of events that lead him to find out who his father and grandfather are. The king then requests to go on a 2nd zombie expedition, and asks for volunteers. These volunteers must be deemed fit to go on the expedition and go through a series of training, which Van obviously enters.
    This Manga is really more of an adventure than horror, even though it deals with zombies. It isn't that far in, its around 10 chapters at the moment, but it is quite captivating and different, especially the medieval zombie situation.

Supernatural/ Sci-Fi
    Area D - Inou Ryouiki

http://www.mangareader.net/area-d-inou-ryouiki

Area D is set in present/near future Japan, after a mysterious event occurs which gives people certain special abilities. These people are called the "Altered" and with power comes great responsibility... Which no one cares about. Plenty of the Altered use their powers to commit crime, which enforces authorities to subdue Altered humans and send them to Island D.

This manga follows teenager Satoru Ida and a group of other Altered as they fend themselves from the other Altereds on the Island. Although Ida may be the main character, the main protagonist and main fighter is S Rank prisoner Jin Kazaragi, who's power is unknown.
    I really like this manga for several reasons. A lot of the special abilities the Altered have aren't all just copies of previous super powers. There is a vast variety of powers the characters have which makes it quite unique, as well as it being basically a controlled free-for-all on the island is really cool.

City of Dead Sorcerer

http://www.mangareader.net/city-of-dead-sorcerer

In a world where a certain element, which people call Mana, is found, people start creating technology to harness this mana. What mana does is basically what mana from a video game can do, it is used for magic. People have created ways for mana to be obtained and used for the application of magic. After the use of magic gets out of hand, restrictions are made on what magic is allowed and other things.
    This Manga follows Detective Kim as he goes and tries to capture the Crimson Robe, who is the main protagonist, for murder using Magic. The thing is, the Crimson Robe only kills criminals and bad people and is hailed as a Vigilante. The Crimson Robe, his his own agenda behind the killings as well though, searching for the ones who killed his kind.
    This is an awesome manga and has awesome characters. I love rooting for both the Crimson Robe and Detective Kim, hoping that they will join forces and beat the bad guys, haha.

RealPG

http://www.mangareader.net/real-pg

RealPG follows Motoba Hitachi, a bored high school student who likes to play RPG video games. Soon he is asked to beta test a real life video game simulation at a castle. What he nor the other participant knows, is that the game isn't just a replication or simulation of the very game they loved to play. It is as real as it can be. Pain in the simulation is real, as well as death and the side effects of using your powers too often. Each player gets a certain power depending on who they are using stress as a way of releasing it. Yet, if you use up too much of your stress, you start crystallizing and turn into a rampant beast. The only way out of this hell hole is apparently to get to the top of the castle, which no one has done yet.
    This is another free-for-all type manga, with people fighting for the gain of XP which they can use to Level up to increase their stress levels and even spend it on items at the castle. What first caught my eye about this manga is the title, RealPG, because I'm a gamer and play RPGs. It also reminds me of Sword Art Online but a lot darker. If you happen to like special abilities, video game mangas, and a lot of fighting, this manga would be good for you.

This is just a few that I wanted to share with all of you on NB. I hope you guys like these Mangas and I will update with more Manga listings that I find enjoyable.

In the mean time, drop by and tell me what you think as well as share some of your own Manga's that you enjoy and aren't exactly getting all the limelight at the moment. :D

Last edited by PrimeOfTheSixPaths; 01-29-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Manga to Check Out

The God Of Highschool sounds quite interesting, others, well, don't seem to be my taste i guess

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    HashiramaWankLord... return
    and save us all!

Wow a nice list over here. I subscribed to this thread just to find it when I run out of manga lol. After I finish the little bit of FMA that I have I was thinking of trying Area D. Do you have enough for a psychological genre?

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ℬeethoven of Metal

Lmao!! great choices!
    I actually like the City of Dead Sorcerer, Area D, and the God of High school, gonna check'em out!

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakengard View Post
    Wow a nice list over here. I subscribed to this thread just to find it when I run out of manga lol. After I finish the little bit of FMA that I have I was thinking of trying Area D. Do you have enough for a psychological genre?
    Well I just started Kanshikan Tsunemori Akane, http://www.mangareader.net/kanshikan-tsunemori-akane , but it only has 1 release so far but the chapter is 84 pages long.

You can check it out but I can't really tell you on how it is so far, haha.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Chilling with Roshi, Sanji, Brook and Jiraiya at bathhouses.
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does DNA stand for?
    National Dyslexic Association
    ofc!l

A few of those sound great, Ill check em out.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have 64 Nintendo's

what are some more like area D cause its like Deadman wonderland.
    Them survival, battle type manga's im looking for, does anyone have some off the top of there head ?

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    all my bit2hes love me nd i
    love my bit2hes

cool

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blah

thanks

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaTendo 64 View Post
    what are some more like area D cause its like Deadman wonderland.
    Them survival, battle type manga's im looking for, does anyone have some off the top of there head ?
    Check out RealPG in the Supernatural/Sci Fi section

I think you'll like this one, its a survival battle type that you're looking for with a mix of magic and video game elements too it. It is quite violent and dark a lot of the time.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Update: Added RealPG to the Supernatural/ Sci-Fi list.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blah

area d is awesome

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Dissapointed thatGamaran, HSD Kenichi and Kurogane aren't included under Martial Arts :< especially the first two

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Update: Added History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi to the Martial Arts section.

Status
    Jan 2009
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see the end of our
    speeches, for words may be
    answered with words.

Here is the link to Forum Manga guide:

http://narutobase.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=239

You can add your entries in the relevant threads. ( Manga Threads are added in alphabetical order. )