Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Any Bake/Nise/Nekomonogatari people out there?

I decided to take a break from action packed anime and just finished watching the Monogatari series (Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari) and I thought it was amazing. Usually it gets quite a lot of stick, the general consensus is that it's boring and long winded. But I found it really interesting. The dialogue was sharp (very funny and symbolic), the characters were great and the animation is probably the best i've seen in a long time. If you're interested in anime with engaging conversations then I recommend it. It doesn't neglect the action side completely either, because the theme of the anime mainly revolves around the supernatural/a bit of horror so if you want some decent fight scenes it's good. Only slight problem is you have to try and ignore the lolicon stuff that goes on, which is a bit creepy.

So yeah, I probably haven't promoted the anime itself well, as it's one of those things where you just have to look it up and see for yourself. In terms of order I went for Bake, then Nise, then back to Neko. Check it out.

Also are there any current fans out there? It came out a few years ago, 2006 I think. I'm not sure how popular it is but i think it's fairly well known, i'm just having a hard time finding fans....

Peace

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Any Bake/Nise/Nekomonogatari people out there?

Not me

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Any Bake/Nise/Nekomonogatari people out there?

Bakemonogatari is one of my favourite shows to date. Its so unique and creative, and so visually pleasing that I couldn't stop watching I haven't got around to watching Nise or Neko yet, but I will do some time in the future.