Page 18 of 22 « First ... 8141516171819202122 Last»
    Status
    Dec 2011
    This user has no status.

Re: .If a 25 year old Girl still watching Anime, is she weird? ( am I weird ? )

I'm not going to lie, I don't know many other 21+ year olds who watch anime, but that's not a bad thing. I think it's pretty awesome that you like it and enjoy it, plus you have a job and do still have a personal life, so it's no where near weird or bad. In my opinion you should just continue to do what you like to do. :D

Status
    Oct 2012
    I read comicbooks for a
    living,.. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Janin View Post
    Okay. First of all, I am a girl, 25 years of age.
    I'm watching Anime for more than half of my life now.

The deal is, almost 85 percent of my Female Highschool classmates were married and had children already.
    Me, Here still Thinking, How Naruto will end. Is Sasuke going to die? Bleach is Awesome. so on and so forth.

Most girls of my Age,at least those i knew, Fantasized Celebrity for a Boyfriend.
    Me, All bishounens. ( manga and Anime.)
    First Boyfriend : Heero Yuy. LOL::D

When someone saw me watching Anime the first thing they will tell me..( Ur still watching this ? )
    And that would make me feel like I'm different.

I want to hear from you guys, especially for those NB members aged 23 + and up.

Thank You.

::::::::::::::::

I needed to edit this after receiving many replies. I didn't expect to get more than 100 replies.
    I was expecting at least 20 to 30 since the majority of the members were 18 and below. I think?

I just need to clarify some things:

I'm not a Bummer. I do have a regular work.

and Its not about the getting married part. These day its easy to get marry, but it takes hell to get out. LOL.

: Please state your true age when you reply.
    : All opinions are important.
    Bad and good comments , I treated it all the same.

Thank YOu.
    Marry me! LOL

Status
    Aug 2010
    This user has no status.

22 male and co splayed as obito in akatski in my uni lecture theatre....believe me ur normal xD

Status
    Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

32 y.o. with wife and 1 y.o. daughter... so, not weird at all

Status
    This user has no status.

18, here.

Your hobbies are okay and all. If you like something you invest time in it, whether it's bowling, clubbing or watching Anime.

That's completely okay.

Just don't let it rule your life. Remember that friends and eventually relationships aren't built in the online world.

Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

Male member here who is 25 years old. I want to point out that for most people our generation, especially here in the US most of us were not exposed to anime early on as the current generation. So for that reason, most kids did not start watching anime until around the teenage years. At that point the general consensus is that cartoons which anime is not, but at the time of it first making headway in the US was considered a child's type of television. So naturally most of us moved into the adult years of casually watching it or just straight up quitting the genre all together. For the rare few of us that were exposed to it earlier on in life than the Toonami days which occurred when we were around the 12 to 13 mark, the connection was much stronger. I watched my first modern anime at about 8 years of age and quickly realized the quality of what I was viewing. Watching all of the edited versions of things made appropriate for children in the US just helped prolong the myth that anime is for children. Here is the truth, very little of anime is targeted at children or teenagers for that matter. There are a ton of anime that focus on very adult content. To truly understand a lot of themes and motifs in series as simple as Gundam, takes an intellect and a maturity far beyond the age when we first watched say Gundam Wing and you took insight into your first celeb boyfriend. Who was truly bad in that series. Who was truly good. What parallels could you draw from the conflict that the creators took from other wars in human history. I don't know about you but when I watched that series around that age I just though about how bad ass Heero was. He could be so cold, but yiiou still cheered him on to success. Was everything he did the right choice? The content has a lot of underlying truly incomprehensible by an 11 year old is my point. The series was targeted towards adults, much like the anime we all watch today. So, does watching anime at the age of 25 make you different. It sure does, because you were one of the very few people, especially girls that stuck with the content long enough to start to understand the beauty and depth of the world of anime. Here is a secret though, all of those kids who are exposed to it at a young age, i.e the generation right after us, you will find that they will learn what we did long ago. I have several friends who are 25 year old women who love anime. We watched it all through school together and we even get together go to cons and watch anime at each others houses to this day. Some of these girls are married, and a few have children. Keep doing what your doing, chin up, and have a good one. If you ever need someone to vent with just hit me up. We are the same age and I may have some insight for ya.

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Well of course it's weird but it's not bad.

Academy Student
    Status
    This user has no status.

Hey
    I'm a 23 year old boy. I study and have a part time job and I watch anime. Though I don't dream about dating hinata. Still you're not weird.

Status
    Mar 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Janin View Post
    Okay. First of all, I am a girl, 25 years of age.
    I'm watching Anime for more than half of my life now.

The deal is, almost 85 percent of my Female Highschool classmates were married and had children already.
    Me, Here still Thinking, How Naruto will end. Is Sasuke going to die? Bleach is Awesome. so on and so forth.

Most girls of my Age,at least those i knew, Fantasized Celebrity for a Boyfriend.
    Me, All bishounens. ( manga and Anime.)
    First Boyfriend : Heero Yuy. LOL::D

When someone saw me watching Anime the first thing they will tell me..( Ur still watching this ? )
    And that would make me feel like I'm different.

I want to hear from you guys, especially for those NB members aged 23 + and up.

Thank You.

::::::::::::::::

I needed to edit this after receiving many replies. I didn't expect to get more than 100 replies.
    I was expecting at least 20 to 30 since the majority of the members were 18 and below. I think?

I just need to clarify some things:

I'm not a Bummer. I do have a regular work.

and Its not about the getting married part. These day its easy to get marry, but it takes hell to get out. LOL.

: Please state your true age when you reply.
    : All opinions are important.
    Bad and good comments , I treated it all the same.

Thank YOu.
    As long as you're not some type of hermit who's shut in her room all day it's perfectly fine.

I'm sure there are other people in these forums who are 23-24 and up who enjoy reading manga. It's normal. Just do your work, live your life, and do something in your leisure time that you enjoy.

Status
    Sep 2010
    This user has no status.

Meh, I'm 25 and still love to watch anime, so you are all good. Eventually you will find some one who likes you for who you are, and will accept the fact that you love anime. Best advice is just be who you are, no matter what others think.

Status
    Sep 2010
    This user has no status.

Im 26 and i still watch anime and i have a wife and kids

Status
    Oct 2011
    Meow

I'm 19, a Girl and still love Anime ;D
    You are different than others, but that's not a bad thing
    Don't worry, you're really ok

Status
    Apr 2008
    This user has no status.

I'm 26 and my brother is 29. We call each other and talk about what happened in the manga, and I'm definitely not nerdy, if you want I can add you as a friend on Facebook or email you a picture. You sound a little self conscious. Who cares what other people think. Why would you stop watching naruto just because you're older; especially since you we're watching it when you were young and the story is ongoing.

Remember, most adults are kids that forgot how to have fun and need to be inebriated to remind themselves of what it means to have a good time. I don't drink or smoke, mainly because I'm a bodybuilder and I wish I could find more adults that didn't need alcohol to enjoy themselves.

Status
    Nov 2008
    This user has no status.

25? You're young yet. I'm 42 and started watching anime in the early 80's. Still do. All my friends know but they don't care..

Status
    Mar 2012
    This user has no status.

no its not weird. if anyone makes fun of u or looks at u differently for it, they're the ones with the problem.

Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Youth and Full power View Post
    If you love something keep loving it but if anime is becoming your whole life you should slow it down some for your own sake.
    I agree

Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

It's not wierd, anime isn't aimed just for kids anyways. I will definetly still be watching anime when I'm an adult. And I kind of try to watch more adult-type animes cuz i want to keep liking it when i get older

Status
    Feb 2013
    This user has no status.

Realy interesting but its a craze.

Status
    Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

Look. I am a twenty eight year old man. I'm focused on work and dating girls. Hot girls. And you'd be surprised how many hot girls love at least one anime---usually because of the detail that Bleach provides for its artwork, or because of One Piece. I didn't really encounter many Naruto anime/manga lovers because they don't fancy its drawings.

Your friends are married and have kids. So what. I bet they love shows such as Spongebob and will end up watching cartoons with their kids anyway.

Peace.

Status
    Feb 2012
    This user has no status.

29 male

If you enjoy it then keep watching/reading...

I still do some things/wear some clothes that guys/girls my age don't but I'm comfortable with that.